Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

Because Am A Woman. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Because Am A Woman. (1148 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because Am A Woman. by lovingsoul(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2013
Because of my sex, am expected to hide my emotions and feelings. What goes on inside my beautiful mind should never be expressed, even when am depressed i need to reflect happiness and joy. Before i act, i must consult the society; before i make a move, the culture, ideology, religion and belief of my people must move in to cross check every step i take. I am intelligent and strong; the world thinks there must be something wrong.
They no longer look at me from the right side, all they do is get carried away by the beauty i possess outside, like it was my making that am so gorgeous and wonderfully made.

There is a feeling brewing inside me, but i can’t let you know it, if not i would be called names, and stereotypically attacked. When will i be free to be ME.? I am waiting for the day i would be left alone to exhibit those virtues and qualities inside my soul, if given another chance i would still come back a female specie, but this time i am coming to set the record straight, the values and mentality of my people towards me must change for good, this time i will have the same opportunity like the male specie, no more will i be silenced for another.
You can call me a feminist that also is on the list of the qualities i carry, why should the world see me or take me as a slave, a bearer of shame, the one that should never complain and the one that is always there to be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

I am expected to be a victim of my own emotions and loving spirit because i am a woman, my strength is not in my muscles neither is it buried inside my fresh and beautiful skin, where it dwells, the world is yet to discover it. Can’t i say no when I really mean no, most times my opinion is not regarded or important to the heart and ears of those that only believes it is a man’s world.

My joy sometimes is misconstrued; my laughter is given so many meaning, while my thought is translated even before it becomes words and actions. Let me be, i want to be judged on my abilities and not my gender and history, who says i can’t get there, who knows what i am capable of, i need the world to see from the side that truly reflects the real me.

4 Likes

Re: Because Am A Woman. by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 22, 2013
Yeah,am very proud and happy that i am a woman
Re: Because Am A Woman. by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 22, 2013
smothly: Yeah,am very proud and happy that i am a woman

I'm very proud and happy that you are a woman too...
Re: Because Am A Woman. by megareal: 8:59am On Jun 22, 2013
Love this. Reflects the typical female life.
Re: Because Am A Woman. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2013
Nonsen. . . Se
Re: Because Am A Woman. by MrCork: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2013
lovingsoul: Because of my sex, am expected to hide my emotions and feelings. What goes on inside my beautiful mind should never be expressed, even when am depressed i need to reflect happiness and joy. Before i act, i must consult the society; before i make a move, the culture, ideology, religion and belief of my people must move in to cross check every step i take. I am intelligent and strong; the world thinks there must be something wrong.
They no longer look at me from the right side, all they do is get carried away by the beauty i possess outside, like it was my making that am so gorgeous and wonderfully made.

There is a feeling brewing inside me, but i can’t let you know it, if not i would be called names, and stereotypically attacked. When will i be free to be ME.? I am waiting for the day i would be left alone to exhibit those virtues and qualities inside my soul, if given another chance i would still come back a female specie, but this time i am coming to set the record straight, the values and mentality of my people towards me must change for good, this time i will have the same opportunity like the male specie, no more will i be silenced for another.
You can call me a feminist that also is on the list of the qualities i carry, why should the world see me or take me as a slave, a bearer of shame, the one that should never complain and the one that is always there to be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

I am expected to be a victim of my own emotions and loving spirit because i am a woman, my strength is not in my muscles neither is it buried inside my fresh and beautiful skin, where it dwells, the world is yet to discover it. Can’t i say no when I really mean no, most times my opinion is not regarded or important to the heart and ears of those that only believes it is a man’s world.

My joy sometimes is misconstrued; my laughter is given so many meaning, while my thought is translated even before it becomes words and actions. Let me be, i want to be judged on my abilities and not my gender and history, who says i can’t get there, who knows what i am capable of, i need the world to see from the side that truly reflects the real me.

...ok bro ...u a woman! undecided
Re: Because Am A Woman. by rottenegg: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2013
@op- This is beautifully written. If its an original from you, please write more.:-)
Re: Because Am A Woman. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I'm very proud and happy that you are a woman too...
thanks cutie kiss
Re: Because Am A Woman. by Dygeasy(m): 1:53am On Jun 27, 2013
J12: Nonsen. . . Se
gringrin bas...tard
Re: Because Am A Woman. by olumaxi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
The op must truly b a woe-man

(1) (Reply)

What Would U Do? / I Need Help / He Wants To Know His Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.