Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigerian Java Group : Jand - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Java Group : Jand (4148 Views)

Jand - Java Nigerian Group Launches Web Forum! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javarules(m): 8:18pm On May 24, 2008
@java prince

sorry about ur hdd, but i tot i warned you dont i? really pitiable, i can imagine what u felt, it happened to me also, i call it my first linux experience

@javaprince

we cant move to nairaland, there are so many reasons for that, we better get our own forum

@java love
tx for replying on time, i am kinda busy

@all
see the new netbeans plugin i built, its on yahoogroup,
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by Ghenghis(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2008
javaprince:

My reply is of two folds.

2. Finally, to those that advised me to use Linux. I have been tryin to move over to it. After losing all my important files and hard disk in general(trying to install Oracle Linux 4 - bad bootin manager) , I am finally running Ubuntu Linux and Windows Vista happily. I am still trying to load Netbeans 6.1 on it. So thanks. Despite the fact that I wept for losin my files. I have now spent more than 100 hours working on Linux.

Good to hear you've taken up Linux, you should also know that most times- a bad boot manager is not enough to loose all your files. Its really hard to loose everything(except through physical damage), so next time ask around so you won't loose crucial files.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by candylips(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2008
There used to be one Java User Group lagos created many years back.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javalove(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2008
candylips:

There used to be one Java User Group lagos created many years back.

Yeah i did a search on yahoo group myself and found but its sooooo inactive and its the usual naija style, peeps not being technical looking for job openings and all, this one is a bit different though,

No hating, just my opinion
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2008
@Ghenghisa
bad boot manager is not enough to loose all your files. Its really hard to loose everything(except through physical damage), so next time ask around so you won't loose crucial files.
Thanks, I know i don't have to loose all my files just becos of a boot manager problem. But in this case I needed my system up and running at the shortest time possible, and i didn't have d neccessary tools nor patience to wait long.

My system is now up n runnin, use my desktop and friends to recover some files(lost all most of my designed applications though.)

Lesson left: BACK UP ALL UR IMPORTANT FILES BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAJOR INSTALLATION OR UPDATES
cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by candylips(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2008
javalove:

Yeah i did a search on yahoo group myself and found but its sooooo inactive and its the usual naija style, peeps not being technical looking for job openings and all, this one is a bit different though,

No hating, just my opinion

It was actually active for a while . I think it was formed around 1998 by one guy can't remember his name again we even had a couple of meetings but getting a location for the meeting was a problem back then.

Agreed a lot of the guys coming to the meeting then were java novices but when it was suggested we start working on a practical project guys lost interest and the group died.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javalove(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2008
candylips:

It was actually active for a while . I think it was formed around 1998 by one guy can't remember his name again we even had a couple of meetings but getting a location for the meeting was a problem back then.

Agreed a lot of the guys coming to the meeting then were java novices but when it was suggested we start working on a practical project guys lost interest and the group died.

Yeah, thats what happens jare my brother, lets hope we get it right this time, u don join?
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2008
Hello Moderator, Are we goin to allow this thread to Die? I don't think so. I think all members of JAND should try and reach out to other Java Nigeriand Programmers to encourage them to join the group.

Also, I think we should make it a point of duty to visit this site everyday and post news, important Java events, resources we want to share,, etc. To keep this thread alive and untop of the Programming section of the Forum.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javalove(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2008
javaprince:

Hello Moderator, Are we goin to allow this thread to Die? I don't think so. I think all members of JAND should try and reach out to other Java Nigeriand Programmers to encourage them to join the group.

Also, I think we should make it a point of duty to visit this site everyday and post news, important Java events, resources we want to share,, etc. To keep this thread alive and untop of the Programming section of the Forum.

Gbam!
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by sgiwa(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2008
@ Javarules
Nice idea!!!
I hope Naija Java dudes & dudettes will be forthcoming with their ideas.
I'll endeavour to contribute by responding to questions on the forum. I would also like to share some of my knowledge & talent , so kindly put me down as an administrator.
mrgiwa@googlemail.com

My only reservation is d fact that i ain't a big fan of yahoo groups!!!
My opinion is that a forum, independent of yahoo groups be sought.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hello fellow programmers in the house, I want to use this forum to inform you of the launching of the forum we JAVA NIGERIAND PROGRAMMERS & DEVELOPERS HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

It was opened today, and registration commences immediately. If you are nigerian Java programmer, better go register at this forum http://naijadukes.net/jand/index.php which is the Official Site.

Since the forum/site is in its infant stage, we will welcome suggestions and ideas alike from you all to better make this forum a successful one for the Java Nigerian Group members.

You all should remember that the idea of "Java Nigerian Group " is to create a community of Nigerian Java Developers/Programmers/Students/etc where we can all come together and share our every day experiences in the field, ask questions, share ideas, knowlege, tools, books, etc. and the Forum just serves as a medium for making communication easier for us all.

Enough said , I'll say we all members of the Java Nigerian Group should officially go and register at the site.

http://naijadukes.net/jand/index.php
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2008
For all of us who have been following the progress of JAND, JAND has finally created a web forum for Java Developers and Programmers are like. So go join the online community.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javalove(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2008
E juru e juruuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2008
The registration process is still going on, Nigerian Java Programmers don't be left out.

JAND is for US. A community of Java Developers dedicated to attaining greater heights,
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javalove(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2008
Gongo ti so ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo www.naijadukes.net.
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javarules(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
[size=24pt]JAND IS HERE FINALLY AND IS HERE TO STAY[/size]

http://naijadukes.net/jand
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by javaprince(m): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2008
JAND Forum is three days today. All Java Geeks, intermediates and beginners don't be left out. Join the community of Nigerian Java Developers.

Go register at www.naijadukes.net/jand/

JAND ,  a community of nigerian java developers
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by candylips(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
looks like another JAND is dead
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by 0yewale(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
@ javarules
Mr Don, i love this and appreciate it, being a java guy is a lovely thing, would join the group and will love it if i could handle anything for you concerning the thread,
I am the lautech java guy, seun's friend, and i will also like if you can also help me with my IT placement cos am looking for a place to do it seriously, any place even ABUJA, Thanks,
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by iyobs7(f): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2011
I cant seem to configure the JAVA program on my machine
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by Fayimora(m): 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
iyobs7:

I cant seem to configure the JAVA program on my machine
Create a new thread called "Help with configuring java" so that others who have the same problem can gain form it. Make sure you detail your problem. This ain't the right thread for your problem. Goodluck grin
Re: Nigerian Java Group : Jand by samibk: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2011
no problem just keep cool am very much involved. God bless us the JAND

I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! / Mass Email Sending: Frustrations Of A Yahoo Wannabe / Where Can I Do Programming Lessons In Portharcourt?