Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? (4431 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / How Often Do You Pray?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Daewoods(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2013
If it is by prayers, going by the number of churches n mosques in Nigeria, we wont be in this shithole abi hellhole. WE NEED A F*CKING REVOLUTION: I GIVE UP, TENKS.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Ismahill(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2013
GOD BLESS NAIJA 0. Na nw i jst start o,nd na because i dn chop.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by OCTAVO: 11:28am On Oct 13, 2013
This morning...
I pray for Naija daily by God's grace.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by nairaland22(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2013
I pray for Nigeria today. Nigeria is really in distress and as such needs constant prayer and intercession. I so much love the Roman catholic church because she always pray for Nigeria at large. Dis kantri needs total deliverance ni. May God help us and remove bribery n corruption which has eaten deep into som Nigerians root. Amen
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Afolayan123: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Last year
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by taif(f): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2013
sometimes mistakely

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by switrash(m): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2013
God Bless Nigeria is not hard to say but let us change our wayz. Nigeria go better
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Mekanus(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
My country doesn't need my prayer and my prayer can't change my country. What my country needs are leaders who will have the interest of the people at heart

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Cubeet: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
juman:

Instead say God break nigeria each day. nigeria is a senseless country.
That means you are also a senseless person. Except if you are not a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by free2ryhme: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Shobayo Emma: In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.

DO YOU MEAN PRAY FOR IT TO DIVIDE OR PRAY FOR ALL THE MORALLY BANKRUPT POLITICIANS TO DIE undecided
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ShenTeh(m): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
eberyday I fray por my countary Naijiriya. Insha Allah eberyzhing will soon be allrighz
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by BCJAY(f): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
THIS MORNING
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Success5313(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
All good things deserve prayer likewise bad things also deserve prayers. God will give PEACE to NIGERIA and we shall all witness it.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by tayejay(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Shobayo Emma: In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.
[color=#006600][/color]

I pray everyday for peace, unity and progress for Nigeria. I love this country and just hope always that God touches our leaders and raise up new leaders that will impact His will upon this nation and her people.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Seunprissy: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
2dy
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by OsunOriginal: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
See naivitity at its best... Prayer for what?

Why not encourage people to stay away from corruption, do things in the best interest of their country/community, work hard and be desciplined in everything they do? Try this and you will see how potent the formula is.

God doesnt need your prayers to do anything for you. You just do the right thing and you will get what you want. You can't continue to deceive yourself and others into believing that wrong will produce right with prayers.

Prayer is a lazy approach to life - when I see a man praying, shouting and sweating, I see a very lazy hopeless human being.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ChimaAdeoye: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Let Nigeria burn!
... and i must tell you that i'm one of those that started life believing i could help save Nigeria and even married outside my tribe to prove to my parents that nigeria is one. Such foolery!
I shall pray for the innocent babies and people killed in the hopelessly tribal country when i'm sure it has finally made it into hell grin
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by stexsy(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
dasparrow:

I used to pray for Nigeria but somehow I stopped because prayers without works is dead. We Nigerians have been praying for Nigeria since time immemorial. Yet, things continue to get worse. My bible tells me in Proverbs 14:34 " Righteousness exalts a nation but sin condemns any people" (NIV). Take a look at what Nigeria has become. Moral values are at an all time low even with all the churches springing up at every corner of the street. Many Married Nigerians are cheating on their spouses with reckless abandonment thereby committing adultery and seeing nothing wrong with it.

Most of the single Nigerians cannot engage in courtship without defiling their bodies with out-of-wedlock sex also known as fornication. When unwanted pregnancy occurs, they attempt to abort the pregnancy or give birth to the child and then flush him/her down the toilet like the female university student did.

The young men go to the university and instead of focusing on their studies begin to join cults where they fight and kill rival cults and also molest and r*a*p*e young women on campus at will. Other Nigerians are selling and buying human body parts in an attempt to get rich quickly without hard work. Many women are selling their bodies so they can afford the latest blackberry, hair weave, brand name clothing and accessories or a fancy ride that will be bought for them by their rich already-married sugar daddies. Many Civil servants are collecting all forms of bribe from the ordinary man if not they won't do the job they have been hired for and are paid to do. Corrupt politicians continue to loot our treasury dry while the masses languish in poverty. Tribalism equally continues to thrive in Nigeria. Child sexual molestation is at an all time high in Nigeria and the perpetrators are never given stiff penalties for their crimes.

And we think the Ancient of days, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, the I AM that is also known as Jehovah is not watching? We think that as a people we can live our lives anyhow from Monday through Saturday and then run to church on Sunday to raise up soiled hands that we are praising God? Who do we think we are deceiving? As far as Nigeria is concerned we are a lost cause. If we don't repent as a nation - no matter the prayers - we will self destruct and I personally will make sure I am back out of Nigeria before that happens.
wat makes u think that all u ve mentioned happens only in Nigeria? Is Nigeria not beta than syria wia a president kills his own?
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by emcemayo: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
pretty_boi: I did pray for my country,Nigeria this Morning. I do it everyday except when I forget. Although, I hardly forget.
Regardless,we need to get working. Work & commitment are what Nigeria needs primarily.

^^ this right here
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ChimaAdeoye: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
stexsy: wat makes u think that all u ve mentioned happens only in Nigeria? Is Nigeria not beta than syria wia a president kills his own?

Nigeria is not better than Syria or Iraq, just that we have experienced what they are going through now in the past.
That is why i can bet that Nigeria will fight another civil war as soon as the generation that experienced the first one die off.

The only reason we don't have Presidents killing Nigerians is that most of them are living witnesses of the horrors of a civil war.Even when you are on the side that finally win. They all know the cost, that is the only reason a political gangster like Obasanjo backed down after leveling Odi after he threatened to level another Ijaw town if the boys oppose his rule. And sure enough, that incident provoked Ijaw youths into forming a militant resistance towards their oppressors which have fully developed into the Niger Delta militant groups.

So Nigerian leaders aren't better than Syrian leader. They just have experienced what Syria is experiencing now,so they know better.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Harmvirus(f): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Today
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by mmsen: 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Prayer is a waste of time. Be vigilant and encourage those around you to be vigilant. If you cannot do that then you should not whinge about things not working in a democracy.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by stexsy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Nigeria is not better than Syria or Iraq, just that we have experienced what they are going through now in the past.
That is why i can bet that Nigeria will fight another civil war as soon as the generation that experienced the first one die off.

The only reason we don't have Presidents killing Nigerians is that most of them are living witnesses of the horrors of a civil war.Even when you are on the side that finally win. They all know the cost, that is the only reason a political gangster like Obasanjo backed down after leveling Odi after he threatened to level another Ijaw town if the boys oppose his rule. And sure enough, that incident provoked Ijaw youths into forming a militant resistance towards their oppressors which have fully developed into the Niger Delta militant groups.

So Nigerian leaders aren't better than Syrian leader. They just have experienced what Syria is experiencing now,so they know better.
u cannot in any way compare syrian civil war to nigeria's own, that is no place in d world that is perfect. That is my message.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
I can't currently recollect d exact time I prayed 4 dis con3 buh it was wen mrs presido big mummy said, "Thank God the Doctors and Nurses are responding to treatment".

Broda! I kabash prayer dat day even do Allahu akbah join sef, twas nat funny at all oo sad
I was casting, binding plus shooting d spirit of engrish grammatical hand-falling sad
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by slimmingcare(f): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM;THEY THAT LOVE IT SHALL PROSPER....NIGERIA IS STILL YOUR JERUSALEM!
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Reachboy: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
The Word enjoins us in 1Timothy 2:1-4: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. Verse 2 & 3, make it clear that we should pray for our leaders and is clearly written that is acceptable in the sight of our Creature. So if you don't pray for your country you are not following God instructions. Did you know there are people in Nigeria that enjoying their lives and they are not involve in any evil things in making money. I'm one of them because I pray for this country & face my business. am living a peaceable life that is what I choose.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by besttop(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
last month
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
We Catholics pray for Nigeria every Sunday during mass and in school,we NFCSers pray for Nigeria both on Sundays and week days masses too. I prayed for Nigeria in the morning when I went for mass

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Mamacita007(f): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2013
today in Church service
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by richieadams(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2013
ii dnt use to pray for the country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... / Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. / Apostle Peter Peace Yakubu Of Mount Zion International Churh,abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.