Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,307 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? (4487 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / How Often Do You Pray?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by kolamilan(m): 2:59am On Oct 14, 2013
i can't remember.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by IceSplash(f): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2013
tomorrow i tink
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Dpros(f): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2013
GOD can change any nation no mata the extent of evil.[color=#990000[b]]"There are still people in this country that has not bowed to baal"[/b][/color] .so saying we are evil and GOD would nt ans is wrong.so many times we use our mouth to pull this nation down.lets stop d complain and spend more time praying, for our individual home then Nigeria AS A WHOLE. COS Nigeria is made up of different homes. if there is Righteousness in the homes there wud be in the Government "charity they say begins at home". LETS JOIN HAND ASK FOR MERCY FOR OUR LAND AND GOD WOULD HEAL OUR LAND AND RESTORE PEACE JOY AND LOVE.[b][/b]
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by shumax: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Every faithful catholic Prays for Nigeria at least at mass every sunday, so I prayed for Nigeria yesterday and in my personal time very often
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by SWG1: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
dasparrow:

I used to pray for Nigeria but somehow I stopped because prayers without works is dead. We Nigerians have been praying for Nigeria since time immemorial. Yet, things continue to get worse. My bible tells me in Proverbs 14:34 " Righteousness exalts a nation but sin condemns any people" (NIV). Take a look at what Nigeria has become. Moral values are at an all time low even with all the churches springing up at every corner of the street. Many Married Nigerians are cheating on their spouses with reckless abandonment thereby committing adultery and seeing nothing wrong with it.

Most of the single Nigerians cannot engage in courtship without defiling their bodies with out-of-wedlock sex also known as fornication. When unwanted pregnancy occurs, they attempt to abort the pregnancy or give birth to the child and then flush him/her down the toilet like the female university student did.

The young men go to the university and instead of focusing on their studies begin to join cults where they fight and kill rival cults and also molest and r*a*p*e young women on campus at will. Other Nigerians are selling and buying human body parts in an attempt to get rich quickly without hard work. Many women are selling their bodies so they can afford the latest blackberry, hair weave, brand name clothing and accessories or a fancy ride that will be bought for them by their rich already-married sugar daddies. Many Civil servants are collecting all forms of bribe from the ordinary man if not they won't do the job they have been hired for and are paid to do. Corrupt politicians continue to loot our treasury dry while the masses languish in poverty. Tribalism equally continues to thrive in Nigeria. Child sexual molestation is at an all time high in Nigeria and the perpetrators are never given stiff penalties for their crimes.

And we think the Ancient of days, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, the I AM that is also known as Jehovah is not watching? We think that as a people we can live our lives anyhow from Monday through Saturday and then run to church on Sunday to raise up soiled hands that we are praising God? Who do we think we are deceiving? As far as Nigeria is concerned we are a lost cause. If we don't repent as a nation - no matter the prayers - we will self destruct and I personally will make sure I am back out of Nigeria before that happens.
notwithstanding u ve to pray for the peace of the land. its a Biblical injunction.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Last to comment: GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by solodox(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.

Eet haff teyed ooo...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad Scandalous Love Affair With Mariya His wives maid / Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / Happy Palm Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.