Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,158 members, 7,845,817 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks (5115 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Oyo State, Let's Meet Here / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by nnalove(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
nnalove: Common we d corps members serving here in Edo state are highly welcome all d prospective student who made it for dis Badge B. Most especially. Those newly Otondos lolz posted to Edo state. Our arms are widely open to throw u an expensive welcome fank u. Pray for God guidance and protection to u all In Jesus name. AMEN.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by biomedixexcel(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
brownlord:

I pitty u, edo girls r no dulling babes, budget extra 50k wit ur alawe if u wona rock my edo babes
hahaha! u fall my hand! on top wettin?
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by biomedixexcel(m): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
demmy55:

U don't av a problem with dat. The bride price here in my PPA; Igiode, Edo state is just N500. Ur federal allowe can get you over 39 wives per month.
My guy u get mouth o, Ama rock dem tire
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
brownlord:

Hv bn followin u up since, hw uv bn complaining abt edo, hv u ever bn to osun before? Since its ur preferred state of service, my dear edo is far better than osun, as am from edo and presently serving in osun, ifelodun precisely, the only advantage osun hv over edo is the state alawe, 5k and edo dont pay state alawee, also i head okada camp is just a primary/secondary school they r using, and osun hv a permanent site, and its a little conducive, outside that my dear, edo is far better than osun,

How i wish its possible for one to change state of service during service yr, i would hv preferred u do 6 months in edo and come do the remaining months in osun, the edo's are accomodating compare to osun, where u will be easily identified if not an indegene of the place or if u dont understand yoruba, 80 percent of edolite english, at worst, pidgin in english, in osun, its almost yoruba their official language, osun is a muslim state, even if they try to paint it as not, most of aregbe policies says so, schools in edo are far better than what u hv in osun, due to oshiomole's hard work, hw i wish i can send photos of my school and many others to u, the student here hardly speak english, edo an average student in the village can speak pidgin, even some corpers here, that r yorubas do teach their student and explain in yoruba, social life in osun is dead, u need to create fun for urself, everywhere in edo is a no dullin place no matter the LGA u posted, the only problem u hv, is the new ban on bikes in some LG in benin,

If am wrong kindly tell me the advantage osun have over edo, will be waitin to hear thank God, there is som1 in osun on this thread going to edo, if am lying let him challenge me.

Boqee stop bad mouthing my state, make i no go vex say make them push u go one village
shuoooo! Wetin be all dis?? We dey fight b4 ni??
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
If u must know my cousin is serving there (batch c 2012), at auchi or so. And i know how he complains. You may be from edo state but you're not a corps members serving in edo. I only acted acc to what i heard noni.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Snooop(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
Friends is it true edo state dot pay!!!
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
booqee: shuoooo! Wetin be all dis?? We dey fight b4 ni??

LOL, na serious fight ooooo, anyway what exactly is the complain of ur cousin, auchi is a student enviroment, the only problem there is water, the place is lively, cost of living is okay, and the people too are accommodating, no worry after ur 3 wks, when you guys must hv settled in ur different PPA, try and contact most of ur friends and know what they say abt their state, then u will appreciate ever been posted to the"HEART BEAT OF THE NATION" anyway wish yall successful camping
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
Snooop: Friends is it true edo state dot pay!!!

YES MY STATE DONT PAY
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
brownlord:

YES MY STATE DONT PAY
can you imagine unaself?? angry But i heard oshiomole promised this year batch A corps member dat he'll start paying corpers 10k. undecided na wa o.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by demmy55(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
brownlord:

Hv bn followin u up since, hw uv bn complaining abt edo, hv u ever bn to osun before? Since its ur preferred state of service, my dear edo is far better than osun, as am from edo and presently serving in osun, ifelodun precisely, the only advantage osun hv over edo is the state alawe, 5k and edo dont pay state alawee, also i head okada camp is just a primary/secondary school they r using, and osun hv a permanent site, and its a little conducive, outside that my dear, edo is far better than osun,

How i wish its possible for one to change state of service during service yr, i would hv preferred u do 6 months in edo and come do the remaining months in osun, the edo's are accomodating compare to osun, where u will be easily identified if not an indegene of the place or if u dont understand yoruba, 80 percent of edolite english, at worst, pidgin in english, in osun, its almost yoruba their official language, osun is a muslim state, even if they try to paint it as not, most of aregbe policies says so, schools in edo are far better than what u hv in osun, due to oshiomole's hard work, hw i wish i can send photos of my school and many others to u, the student here hardly speak english, edo an average student in the village can speak pidgin, even some corpers here, that r yorubas do teach their student and explain in yoruba, social life in osun is dead, u need to create fun for urself, everywhere in edo is a no dullin place no matter the LGA u posted, the only problem u hv, is the new ban on bikes in some LG in benin,

If am wrong kindly tell me the advantage osun have over edo.

Some things you said are wrong. I'm currently serving in Edo. Agenebode to be precise which is 45mins drive from Auchi.

The first problem corpers will encounter is the camp. Okada camp is in a bad condition and we are in the rainy season; which makes it worse.

The people I've come across here are very tight fisted. Most of them farm and fish but they never remember to give their corper any food stuff. We buy all our food stuff ourselves.
We are even the ones that give some of their children food when they are hungry and the worst part is that they keep coming almost everyday. I've started chasing them away sef.

My PPA which is a secondary school is to pay the corpers 3K monthly but they are failing in their responsibility. We always have to complain, write letters to their Chief before we are paid. I'm owed for 4months now; they are waiting for me to complain again. angry

So Brownlord, what point are you trying to make here? undecided
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by ceejayluv(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Cool, you guys are replacing us (out gone batch B)..
Edo is cool, I served in Benin, ikpoba hill area...
Ppa- western boys high school
The experience wasn't bad.
Don't just dull yourselves in the camp. Try to participate in all activities.
Wish you all a blissful year in Edo.

PS: the camp's physical environment sucks though, especially in this rainy season.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by maxjax(m): 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
just to let u guyz knw that no more bikez (okada)here o. . . incase u bn posted to tha city centre huh, make sure u get yo nysc boots well kitted o0o grin
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Fernandinho: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
I don't tink Edo will be bad..wink
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
demmy55:

Some things you said are wrong. I'm currently serving in Edo. Agenebode to be precise which is 45mins drive from Auchi.

The first problem corpers will encounter is the camp. Okada camp is in a bad condition and we are in the rainy season; which makes it worse.

The people I've come across here are very tight fisted. Most of them farm and fish but they never remember to give their corper any food stuff. We buy all our food stuff ourselves.
We are even the ones that give some of their children food when they are hungry and the worst part is that they keep coming almost everyday. I've started chasing them away sef.

My PPA which is a secondary school is to pay the corpers 3K monthly but they are failing in their responsibility. We always have to complain, write letters to their Chief before we are paid. I'm owed for 4months now; they are waiting for me to complain again. angry

i tire o! Most of what u even said my cousin complained bout them to me. You're even paid 3k tho inconsistent. I tot they said edo state don't pay??
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
ceejayluv: Cool, you guys are replacing us (out gone batch B)..
Edo is cool, I served in Benin, ikpoba hill area...
Ppa- western boys high school
The experience wasn't bad.
Don't just dull yourselves in the camp. Try to participate in all activities.
Wish you all a blissful year in Edo.

PS: the camp's physical environment sucks though, especially in this rainy season.

whats this OBS and MDG thing i keep hearing?? Wat is it about??
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by omicron(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
For those coming to Okada from the south-southern and eastern states, when you reach Benin you should locate the Okada Park at Textile Mill Road/Ogida Market. Note that there is no bike in Benin now, so you must use buses or car. So ask how you can get to Textile Mill Road or Ogida Market by bus as soon as you get off from the bus you came with.

Okada is 300 -350 naira from Benin, about 1hr drive (due mainly to bad road as you leave Benin City)

Unlike many states, Edo state people appear to like to exploit corpers, esp the drivers and traders.

As at now, the State don't pay allowee at all, but the governor promised to look into this, and also promised the recently passed-out batch B 2012 #25,000 each during their POP.

Edo can be fun sha, and generally NYSC is fun, it depends on what YOU make yours to be.

As for me camp was the best 3 weeks of my 2012(though I camped in Katsina) while the entire service year was very very very very fun!

Congrats you all, safe journey and happy service year.

Batch B 2012 Ex-corper...
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by demmy55(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
booqee: i tire o! Most of what u even said my cousin complained bout them to me. You're even paid 3k tho inconsistent. I tot they said edo state don't pay??

Edo state government don't pay but ur PPA may decide to pay you.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by maxjax(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
booqee: whats this OBS and MDG thing i keep hearing?? Wat is it about??

OBS if I could stil rememb is a broadcasting service at the camp,
MDG is a scheme formulated by the govt. for poverty eradication
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by uchbabybaby: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
Am already very worried abt d bad condition Of edo camp nd d state govt not payn corpas. Does this mean servn in edO is nOt worth it? Bad camp! NO pay! This is very very bad oh
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
maxjax:

OBS if I could stil rememb is a broadcasting service at the camp,
MDG is a scheme formulated by the govt. for poverty eradication
thanks. But wat has it got to do with influencing ur PPA?? Pple keep saying try joining the obs crew, if you want to be posted to d capital and a good ppa.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2013
demmy55:

Thanks man for service to my state, and also thank you for feeding the children, do you really expect the poor farmers to be giving you their products for free when they dont have other source of income? bros you must be a learner,

about the camp that i already admitted i know okada camp is not good, but there are many state with worst camp, e.g imo where they dont even camp in any school. very many others are lacking behind.

About your PPA and LG. you are in agenebode, 45 mins from auchi, and auchi is about 1.hr 20 mins from benin, bro you are about 2 hours away benin compare to me, am just 15 mins away from the state capital here, am in ifelodun, just 100 naira on a bus to osogbo, sometimes i take bike, and most of the things you complain of happen in my place too, am sure there even the poor farmers can atleast speak pidgin english to you if not correct english, but here you need go in comapny of someone who speaks and understand yoruba when transacting, delay in alawee is everywhere, even Osun state that pays, is after 7 months,

And to all those saying edo state govt. dont pay, its because the state dont pay that why your PPA is paying, for the state that are paying, you are not entitle to any money from PPA, i.e Osun, PPA dont pay that why aregbe pay 5k, so you see its almost the same,

@demmy55, what am trying to say, is that the edolite are hospitable, if am lying please prove me wrong.
social life, is not as dead as where i am here, even in agenebode there are good place you can still relax, am sure there are restaurant where you can atleast eat good food, before NYSC, i dont cook even while in school, but i started it here not because i do not have money to eat in a restaurant or fast food, but no good place to eat here, so bro you see edo is not as bad as boqee is thinking that all am saying sir
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
booqee: thanks. But wat has it got to do with influencing ur PPA?? Pple keep saying try joining the obs crew, if you want to be posted to d capital and a good ppa.

YES and No, in some state, OBS are posted to radio station and also it allow you close to officials and you can be given preference during posting, and most times their Cds is media,
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by demmy55(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
brownlord:

Thanks man for service to my state, and also thank you for feeding the children, do you really expect the poor farmers to be giving you their products for free when they dont have other source of income? bros you must be a learner,

about the camp that i already admitted i know okada camp is not good, but there are many state with worst camp, e.g imo where they dont even camp in any school. very many others are lacking behind.

About your PPA and LG. you are in agenebode, 45 mins from auchi, and auchi is about 1.hr 20 mins from benin, bro you are about 2 hours away benin compare to me, am just 15 mins away from the state capital here, am in ifelodun, just 100 naira on a bus to osogbo, sometimes i take bike, and most of the things you complain of happen in my place too, am sure there even the poor farmers can atleast speak pidgin english to you if not correct english, but here you need go in comapny of someone who speaks and understand yoruba when transacting, delay in alawee is everywhere, even Osun state that pays, is after 7 months,

And to all those saying edo state govt. dont pay, its because the state dont pay that why your PPA is paying, for the state that are paying, you are not entitle to any money from PPA, i.e Osun, PPA dont pay that why aregbe pay 5k, so you see its almost the same,

@demmy55, what am trying to say, is that the edolite are hospitable, if am lying please prove me wrong.
social life, is not as dead as where i am here, even in agenebode there are good place you can still relax, am sure there are restaurant where you can atleast eat good food, before NYSC, i dont cook even while in school, but i started it here not because i do not have money to eat in a restaurant or fast food, but no good place to eat here, so bro you see edo is not as bad as boqee is thinking that all am saying sir

Brownlord, I don't want to probe further. It might turn into an argument.

You win. wink
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by olagreat: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
Wic kind edo den cum port me go•dirty camp no stat pay nawa o hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by maxjax(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2013
booqee: thanks. But wat has it got to do with influencing ur PPA?? Pple keep saying try joining the obs crew, if you want to be posted to d capital and a good ppa.

brownlord:

YES and No, in some state, OBS are posted to radio station and also it allow you close to officials and you can be given preference during posting , and most times their Cds is media,

Brownlord said it all
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Teeabod(m): 4:59am On Jun 23, 2013
Edo tinz on point,,,,Dj worldwide--i see u!
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by Midy28(f): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
I am begining to be afraid of the news am hearing abt d camp nd no payment of state allowance.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by ceejayluv(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
brownlord:

Am I sensing bigotry here??
So, in summary, Edo state is better ?
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by geewah(m): 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
Good news in the house, just heard that for corp members who will serve in Edo that, there is little restriction to going outta camp, and the camp is opposite igbenedion university. At the back of the male hostel is a hotel just a stone throw.....#EDOb13
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
ceejayluv:
Am I sensing bigotry here??
So, in summary, Edo state is better ?

The bitter truth bro, better than Osun
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks by brownlord: 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Midy28[b:
]I am begining to be afraid[/b] of the news am hearing abt d camp nd no payment of state allowance.

Dont be, apart from the camp, you gona enjoy everybeat of ur service yr in edo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All You Need To Know Before Going To NYSC Orientation Camp / Pls Hw Do I Meet With My Fellow Colleagues Posted To Gombe? Batch B / Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.