Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water (2720 Views)

Friends Accord 2000 (UK Model) Got Stolen Last Night. / DIY: Replacement Of Downstream (bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor On 03-07 Accord 4cyl / Normal Oil Temperature In A Car Engine And Water Temperature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by coupeboy(m): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
Professional gurus in the house, pls i am having a problem wit my honda accord 2000 ex 4cy. Its mixing oil and water in the coolant reservoir and the radiator. i changed the radiator recently with the top cylinder gasket and thinking its the culprit,but after i did the problem came back again making the car temperature to rise up. I dont know wat to do any longer. Pls i will be glad to hear from u guys..

Thanks..
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Is your car automatic or manual? Automatic models have an oil cooler for the transmission fluid, if it fails, ATF and coolant will mix.

When your cylinder head gasket was replaced, was the cylinder head checked for cracks and warping? Ideally, it should have been skimmed, otherwise any warpage will prevent the head gasket from sealing.

A cracked block will also cause oil and coolant to mix, and the temperature to rise.
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by LongeOmolaja(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
it an be caused by two things is either there is a leak in gasket or sump. do you worked any of the two recently?
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Longe Omolaja: it an be caused by two things is either there is a leak in gasket or sump. do you worked any of the two recently?

Bro, a sump leak won't cause an oil / coolant mix. smiley
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by coupeboy(m): 4:31am On Jul 10, 2013
Siena: Is your car automatic or manual? Automatic models have an oil cooler for the transmission fluid, if it fails, ATF and coolant will mix.

When your cylinder head gasket was replaced, was the cylinder head checked for cracks and warping? Ideally, it should have been skimmed, otherwise any warpage will prevent the head gasket from sealing.

A cracked block will also cause oil and coolant to mix, and the temperature to rise.
Its an auto
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by coupeboy(m): 4:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Longe Omolaja: it an be caused by two things is either there is a leak in gasket or sump. do you worked any of the two recently?
Its only the gasket i changed thinking its the cause of the problem. But after dat, it still continue to do dat mix.
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by coupeboy(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2013
I only changed the gasket which i indicated in my post. After d change, d problem is still there!
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by cardoctor(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
coupe-boy:
Professional gurus in the house, pls i am having a problem wit my honda accord 2000 ex 4cy. Its mixing oil and water in the coolant reservoir and the radiator. i changed the radiator recently with the top cylinder gasket and thinking its the culprit,but after i did the problem came back again making the car temperature to rise up. I dont know wat to do any longer. Pls i will be glad to hear from u guys..

Thanks..
[color=#990000][/color]

After a severe engine overheat, the cylinder head may get distorted or warped and would not lap properly when fitted back on the engine even with a new gasket.
This will cause the head gasket to fail again.

If you haven't sorted it out yet, I would recommend that you have the head skimmed or changed if badly damaged before fitting a new gasket.
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by LongeOmolaja(m): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2013
I would suggest you bring it to ARS if you are yet to solve the problem, so that we can examine it properly. call this number to fix an appointment 08164664444
Re: Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water by Ikenna351(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Longe Omolaja: I would suggest you bring it to ARS if you are yet to solve the problem, so that we can examine it properly. call this number to fix an appointment 08164664444

You are beginning to spam the whole section with your posts. Please, send PM instead. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold / 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views / 5 Cars That Cannot Be Easily Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.