Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. (3665 Views)

If You Lose The Election, Accept Defeat – Jonathan Tells Tanzanian Politicians / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate / Jonathan Will Defeat Buhari Come Febuary 14th 2015 - Tony Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Maybe because that region has never truly charted a proper philosophy for itself within the Nigerian context. How can you lead others when you don't know what you really want.

Just for the records APC at this moment has no phylosophy and neither did ACN. In fact no Nigerian political party to this day has a political phylosophy.

If you say it is a lie tell me if APC or ACN is a left-wing, right-wing or centrist party and while you are at it demonstrate how their policies from state to state demonstrate this phylosophy!
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
mikeansy:

Just for the records APC at this moment has no phylosophy and neither did ACN. In fact no Nigerian political party to this day has a political phylosophy.

If you say it is a like tell me if APC or ACN is a left-wing, right-wing or centrist party and while you are at it demonstrate how their policies from state to state demonstrate this phylosophy!

Are you not tired of repeating this lie? You say this same thing all the time but it simply is not true. Nigerian Parties all have core ideology and administrative/political philosophy they identify with even if most make a poor job practising the theory behind their political ideology.

I know many Nigerians have a casual disdain for many things to do with Nigeria even if they will never admit so and this your false statement demonstrates that. It is no different to many Nigerians, perhaps themselves scantily educated and guilty of ignorance, calling Nigerian leaders "illiterate" when many of our leaders are actually well-educated achievers. Whatever our views of others, we should endeavour to operate with established facts always. Saying Nigerian Parties have no philosophy is outright false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Congress_of_Nigeria_(ACN)

Action Congress Of Nigeria
Chairman Chief Bisi Akande
Secretary-General Lawal Shuaibu
Founded 2006
Headquarters 16 Bissau Street, Wuse, Zone 6, Abuja
Ideology Classical liberalism
Colours Green, black, white
Position in national political spectrum Progressivism
Seats in the Senate 18 / 109
Seats in the House 74 / 360
Governorships 6 / 36

Website
http://www.acnigeria.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

Classical liberalism

Classical liberalism is a political philosophy and ideology that emerged as a response to the Industrial Revolution and urbanization in the 19th century in Europe and the United States.[1] It shares a number of beliefs with other belief systems belonging to liberalism, advocating civil liberties and political freedom, limited government, rule of law, and belief in free market.[2][3][4] Classical liberalism is built on ideas that had already arisen by the end of the 18th century, such as selected ideas of Adam Smith, John Locke, Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Malthus, and David Ricardo, stressing the belief in free market and natural law,[5] utilitarianism,[6] and progress.[7] Classical liberals were more suspicious than conservatives of all but the most minimal government[8] and, adopting Thomas Hobbes's[citation needed] theory of government, they believed government had been created by individuals to protect themselves from one another.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by maclatunji: 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
mikeansy:

If you say it is a like tell me if APC or ACN is a left-wing, right-wing or centrist party and while you are at it demonstrate how their policies from state to state demonstrate this phylosophy!

The ACN is a right-wing party. It believes in Capitalism as the pivot for economic growth and development and sees effective taxation as the primary source of government revenue. In essence, an ACN/APC controlled Nigeria is likely to be efficient in the provision of infrastructure such as electricity, roads, health etc. There would be increased taxation with initial resistance from labour unions and the lower classes.

However, in the long term, there would be economic adjustment with more job openings and opportunities for the unemployed.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
Please enlighten us on how the trickle down economic policies practiced by Fashola in Lagos is the same as the economic policies in Edo State?

Show similarities on how the tax and spend policies of Fashola is the same as those of Rauf Aregbesola.

Trust me other political parts have claims of their political beliefs on their website too.

But do the followers and policy makers at various levels of Government practice any of it?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
The party has a neoliberal stance in its economic policies and maintains a conservative stance on certain social issues, such as same sex relations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Democratic_Party_(Nigeria)

that is PDP on wikipedia

since you people are also quoting wikipedia to justify your claims
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
maclatunji:

The ACN is a right-wing party. It believes in Capitalism as the pivot for economic growth and development and sees effective taxation as the primary source of government revenue. In essence, an ACN/APC controlled Nigeria is likely to be efficient in the provision of infrastructure such as electricity, roads, health etc. There would be increased taxation with initial resistance from labour unions and the lower classes.

However, in the long term, there would be economic adjustment with more job openings and opportunities for the unemployed.

A visit to the website of most Nigerian Parties will reveal their core ideology. To say "no Nigerian political party to this day has a political phylosophy" , as Mikeansy does, is totally false and ridiculous .

http://www.acnigeria.com/about-acn

Our Party
Saturday, 29 September 2012 07:59
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), formerly known as Action Congress (AC), is a classical liberal Nigerian political party formed via the merger of the Alliance for Democracy, the Justice Party, the Advance Congress of Democrats, and several other minor political parties in September 2006.

I also believe, like you, the ACN will manage Nigeria much better than the PDP at the centre because of the core ideology of the Party and the policies and innovation we see initiated at State level. This is not difficult to discern if one looks at issues as a political 'aficionado'.

The problem is that many Nigerians simply refuse to views things truthfully and dispassionately. This is mainly because they are highly sentimental, politically unsophisticated and fully devoted to sectional interests/affiliation above the notion of siding with what is right, developmental and desirable.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
mikeansy: Please enlighten us on how the trickle down economic policies practiced by Fashola in Lagos is the same as the economic policies in Edo State?

Show similarities on how the tax and spend policies of Fashola is the same as those of Rauf Aregbesola.

Trust me other political parts have claims of their political beliefs on their website too.

But do the followers and policy makers at various levels of Government practice any of it?

Look, this does not put you in a good light. You should not have said no Nigerian Party has core philosophy because it is wrong to say that !!! You should however move on from that false assertion, once it is proven you are wrong, so discussion can go on regarding the topic. Simply refusing to accept this will lead to what you are doing now which is regrettable in my opinion.

Arguing that Fashola and Oshiomhole are deploying different administrative philosophy does not justify your false assertion that their Party has no philosophy. That is a separate thing entirely. Is it right to say traffic Laws do not exist just because people won't obey them?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
3. Economy

At the root of Nigeria’s political and social problems is poverty and low access to economic opportunities. The improvement in the well-being of Nigerians is the ultimate objective of the PDP’s economic policy, and make accessible to every Nigerian the basic needs of life. The focus would be to create a market-based economy driven by small and medium scale businesses and regulated by a reformed public sector.

At the very foundation of the above objective of the party is the pursuit of a strong, virile and diversified economy built to stm rural urban migration through investment in modern agricultural methods. PDP’s economic policy is centered on people and seeks to realize the Millennium Development Goals while aiming to:

i. Develop a middle class driven by small business owners, professional class with access to credit.

ii. Create easy access to transferable property rights in urban and rural areas.

iii. Protect the weak and poor through initiatives that is designed to integrate them in the economy.

iv. Improve investment in physical and social infrastructure.

The PDP aims, altogether, at establishing the leading economy in Africa and one of the 20 leading and largest economies in the World by 2020; an economy that experiences rapid and sustained growth of not less than 10% per annum.

http://www.peoplesdemocraticparty.net/

A market based economy is capitalism . . . . .PDP also has this on their website

So let us agree that this is not about what is said on the website

Demonstrate how from State to State, Politician to Politician and policy to policy . . . . .the members of ACN or APC have proven that they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and all understand and practice the phylosophy of the party?

Ideological politics has not come to Nigeria yet!

Fashola recently gave a speech in the US calling for a more devolved system of Government in Nigeria, I wont be suprised if Tinubu has a totally different set of views on this issue. I am pretty sure Buhari will not even entertain a conversation on devolution.

There is no ideological politics yet in Nigeria. No party in this present dispensation is practicing any of it. Let us not pretend anybody does!

The last time we saw ideological politics was during SDP vs NRC days! those days are gone!
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Gbawe,

Depending on what our working definition is, I think it is possible to sustain an argument, as @mikeansy canvassed, that none of the political parties in Nigeria have an ideology. The notable examples he provided negate "self identification", which is a defining attribute of any political ideology.

In the current age, I suspect there are probably only a handful of ideologically-driven, mainstream political parties left in the world.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Gbawe,

Depending on what our working definition is, I think it is possible to sustain an argument, as @mikeansy canvassed, that none of the political parties in Nigeria have an ideology. The notable examples he provided negate "self identification", which is a defining attribute of any political ideology.

In the current age, I suspect there are probably only a handful of ideologically-driven, mainstream political parties left in the world.

No. Not really. Because that is an abstract and subjective submission seeking to infer that insincere conduct is the same as the literal absence of ideological guidelines expressing how Parties should operate.

The fact is that Nigerian Political Parties have core ideology they have publicly made us aware of. That they do not operate according to their stipulated ideology is not enough reason to pronounce them as having no ideology. It is the same as the oft-repeated utterance that Nigerian Parties have no manifesto. This is also not true.

It would be more appropriate to argue that Nigerian Political Parties have scant regard for their ideology and manifesto rather than use abstraction and allegory to conclude such do not exist. Political Parties are institutions that will ordinarily outlast members who will vary in sophistication, sincerity and even a basic understanding of Partisan politics.

Today, we may have many politicians disinterested in leading according to the core ideology of their Party. Tomorrow we may gain a cadre of politician who will act according to the ideology of their Party. Would it then be appropriate to argue that those Parties now have ideology, because of the correct conduct of members, or is it right to think that the Party, i.e the institution greater than its members, does indeed have core ideology that is now being respected and utilised?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
I guess this brings us to a new set of questions and arguments whether the mere creation of a website by some publicity secretary is enough to call a set of pronouncements as the ideology or phylosophy of a party.

My dictionary defines ideology as

the body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
2. such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ideology?s=t&path=/

So my question is if the members of APC or ACN do not believe in what is said on their website or if their actions are not guided by the values pronounced on their website; could we really argue that they have a collective ideology?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
Gbawe:

No. Not really. Because that is an abstract and subjective submission seeking to infer that insincere conduct is the same as the literal absence of ideological guidelines expressing how Parties should operate.

The fact is that Nigerian Political Parties have core ideology they have publicly made us aware of. That they do not operate according to their stipulated ideology is not enough reason to pronounce them as having no ideology. It is the same as the oft-repeated utterance that Nigerian Parties have no manifesto. This is also not true.

It would be more appropriate to argue that Nigerian Political Parties have scant regard for their ideology and manifesto rather than use abstraction and allegory to conclude such do not exist. Political Parties are institutions that will ordinarily outlast members who will vary in sophistication and sincerity. Tomorrow we may gain a cadre of politician who will act according to the ideology of their Party. Would it then be appropriate to argue that those Parties now hvae ideology or is it right to think that the Party, i.e the institution greater than its members, does indeed have core ideology?

When I have a bit more time on my hands I will provide the results of a content analysis, based on information available in the public domain. Before then, I need to make clear that the issue of manifestos is not in contention here, since these do exist.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
eGuerrilla:

When I have a bit more time on my hands I will provide the results of a content analysis, based on information available in the public domain. Before then, I need to make clear that the issue of manifestos is not in contention here, since these do exist.

That is not levelled at you. That was for the many here who ignorantly continue to lampoon Nigerian Parties by claiming they do not have manifesto.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
ability to self-critic is priceless. rather than accept our imperfections and seek to improve we get defensive and abuse everyone else around us. This is the kind of behaviour that has led PDP into the dictatorship that it is and we are begining to see these very same behaviours in APC and their supporters.

It makes you wonder whats the point? and with attitudes like this I wont be suprised if in 2015 Nigerians stick to what they know knowing that the opposition does not offer anything different!

and lets not forget that this debate started of because Macolatunji suggested that certain regions have no political phylophy as if to say there are other regions and their parties who had one. The truth is in the true sense of the word phylosophy and ideology. No region or its predominant party in the country has any ideology. If we want to reduce political ideology or phylosophy to mean mere stating a set of values on your website or some kind of party documentation then lets agree that all the parties in Nigeria simply are at the same level. What I reject is the notion that any party or region in Nigeria is head and shoulders above others when it comes to having a political phylosophy or ideology!
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
mikeansy: ability to self-critic is priceless. rather than accept our imperfections and seek to improve we get defensive and abuse everyone else around us. This is the kind of behaviour that has led PDP into the dictatorship that it is and we are begining to see these very same behaviours in APC and their supporters.

It makes you wonder whats the point? and with attitudes like this I wont be suprised if in 2015 Nigerians stick to what they know knowing that the opposition does not offer anything different!

How could you say the opposition offers nothing different from status-quo? Look at the states the opposition took over two years ago and have a rethink.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by maclatunji: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013
mikeansy: ability to self-critic is priceless. rather than accept our imperfections and seek to improve we get defensive and abuse everyone else around us. This is the kind of behaviour that has led PDP into the dictatorship that it is and we are begining to see these very same behaviours in APC and their supporters.

and lets not forget that this debate started of because Macolatunji suggested that certain regions have no political phylophy as if to say there are other regions and their parties who had one. The truth is in the true sense of the word phylosophy and ideology. No region or its predominant party in the country has any ideology. If we want to reduce political ideology or phylosophy to mean mere stating a set of values on your website or some kind of party documentation then lets agree that all the parties in Nigeria simply are at the same level. What I reject is the notion that any party or region in Nigeria is head and shoulders above others when it comes to having a political phylosophy or ideology!

You may reject it but anybody with insight will agree with me. It is not about casting aspersions but calling a spade a spade and not cutlass.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2013
This Osu (outcast) should go and sit down. A man of uncertain ancestry, banished from his village. . . He is not worthy of attention. Igbokwe my foot, he has long become Yorubakwe.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Babacele: 2:17am On Dec 21, 2014
lateef4me:
I'm battle ready to support APC provided Buhari will not clinch the presidential ticket . If he does,I will do every legally within my power to stop him cos I can't stand him .

Next after APC wins is to expose Tinubu,the crook for what he is cos he's part of the corrupt system we are talking about !
Bros have you arranged your arsenals against project Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comedy In Court As Dan Ladi Umar Assumes The Role Of Witness In #cctvssaraki / Dogara Donates Malaria Prevention To IDP Camp In Area1, Abuja / BREAKING: Amaechi Gets Caught, Comes Under Fire For Bribing Sahara Reporters Bos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.