Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. (3667 Views)

If You Lose The Election, Accept Defeat – Jonathan Tells Tanzanian Politicians / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate / Jonathan Will Defeat Buhari Come Febuary 14th 2015 - Tony Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
mikeansy:

Do you have data to prove the bolded?

can it also be classed as being sentimental?

You are reading my posts upside down. We are using logic here and not sentiment. Logically, I can say Anambra, or Enugu is 95-99% predominatly Christian because the indegenes of the states are Christian just as Kano. The Christians in Kano are predominantly Igbo traders and they are in minority.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

Don't get me wrong here. There are more muslims in those predominantly Christian States than Christians in those predominantly Muslim states. The Hausas are not tolerants when it comes to religion. Christians are being intimidated in those predominant Muslim states and Christians have no choice but to stay away. Christians don't live in their states because their lives are in danger. Most Christians who live in the North are most Igbos.

The population you see in those predominatly Muslim states reflects the number of Muslims in thos states. It is fair to say Kano is 97% muslim population.
You're committing the same crime you accuse another person of commiting. How did you arrive at thye 97% figure?

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're committing the same crime you accuse another person of commiting. How did you arrive at thye 97% figure?

when payless does it, it is logic

when mikeansy does it, it is sentiments!

Nigerians are so funny!

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by emiye(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

Don't get me wrong here. There are more muslims in those predominantly Christian States than Christians in those predominantly Muslim states. The Hausas are not tolerants when it comes to religion. Christians are being intimidated in those predominant Muslim states and Christians have no choice but to stay away. Christians don't live in their states because their lives are in danger. Most Christians who live in the North are most Igbos.

The population you see in those predominatly Muslim states reflects the number of Muslims in thos states. It is fair to say Kano is 97% muslim population.

Even without researched data, i know the bolded is also not true.

The 2006 census places Kano's population as roughly 10 million. your implicit 3% non muslim population in kano means there are only 300,000 non muslims in the whole of Kano.

What percentage of igbo"s who virtualy are all christians make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of South south people who virtualy are all christians make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of Yoruba christains make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of Hausas and other minority tribes who are christains make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of all nigerian tribes who solely practice traditional religion make up the total population of Kano ?

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
It's fair to say 97% of the people in enugu are Christians
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

I used the word "fair". I never said or concluded it to be 97%. I was using logic and scenario to arrive at that number. Christians who live in kano happen to be Igbo traders and they are in minority. Kano is Hausa/Fulani. They are predominantly Muslims. You have problem with me saying it is 'fair' to say 97% Muslims live in Kano but you have no problem with putting population of Christians living in South-east at 95-98%. This is logic.

I have been to Kano several times I can conclude I have not seen more than four churches in Kano. One of them happenes to be where my friend worships. Christians are not allowed to practice there. There are hundreds of mosque in Plateau, Benue, Taraba and other North central states. It is fair to say there are less than 10 mosque in Anambra or Ebonyi.

Can you understand my logic now?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
Obiagelli: It's fair to say 97% of the people in enugu are Christians

Logically, it is fair. The same as Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Bornu, Jigawa..........
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2013
emiye:

Even without researched data, i know the bolded is also not true.

The 2006 census places Kano's population as roughly 10 million. your implicit 3% non muslim population in kano means there are only 300,000 non muslims in the whole of Kano.

What percentage of igbo"s who virtualy are all christians make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of South south people who virtualy are all christians make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of Yoruba christains make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of Hausas and other minority tribes who are christains make up the total population of Kano?

What percentage of all nigerian tribes who solely practice traditional religion make up the total population of Kano ?

I have been to Kano and I can tell you Yorubas are very hard to come by in kano like it was in the 70s or 80s. I wouldn't put numbers of Igbos in Kano above 200-250,000. Don't forget, there are Muslims among few Yorubas and Igbos in Kano.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

I used the word "fair". I never said or concluded it to be 97%. I was using logic and scenario to arrive at that number. Christians who live in kano happen to be Igbo traders and they are in minority. Kano is Hausa/Fulani. They are predominantly Muslims. You have problem with me saying it is 'fair' to say 97% Muslims live in Kano but you have no problem with putting population of Christians living in South-east at 95-98%. This is logic.

I have been to Kano several times I can conclude I have not seen more than four churches in Kano. One of them happenes to be where my friend worships. Christians are not allowed to practice there. There are hundreds of mosque in Plateau, Benue, Taraba and other North central states. It is fair to say there are less than 10 mosque in Anambra or Ebonyi.

Can you understand my logic now?

Your above argument is logic abi?

But the argument that of the 6 North Central States, 2 are majority christain while there are also large population of christains in adamawa, taraba, kogi, nasarawa, kebbi, southern kaduna could mean that there are more christains than muslims in Nigeria is NOT logic abi?

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by vizboy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
Some of the arguments here are trash.

APC feeding a candidate from NW,NE would be dead on arrival you all will watch and see.
MB would be their best bet.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
vizboy: Some of the arguments here are trash.

APC feeding a candidate from NW,NE would be dead on arrival you all will watch and see.
MB would be their best bet.
Bro, only a fair primary election would guarantee success for APC not region.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by vizboy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
Obiagelli:
Bro, only a fair primary election would guarantee success for APC not region.
those are trash when u talk about primary election cause Apc has already zoned the presidency to the hausa/fulani and that would be their greatest mistake.

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
vizboy: those are trash when u talk about primary election cause Apc has already zoned the presidency to the hausa/fulani and that would be their greatest mistake.
And how did you come to this conclusion, are you a member of the party? Have you ever heard this from the leaders of the party?
How come you know more than the party itself
FYI there is going to be a fair and open primary election for 2015, the only fear is if the party will remain after the primaries
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by SamIkenna: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
Good to know Nigerians can discuss politics without name-calling or ethnic mudslinging. Good so far. Afam, I think Fashola has a good chance, perhaps equal chance as GEJ. Looking at it this way - here is a Gov that's leading the most complex state in Nigeria and so far has managed to stay away from controversy - that tells you something about him. He's a politician like others so am not in any way absolving him of games politicians play. However, his ability to play it stealthly in a hostile and open environment means he has it together.

One more thing - Fashola doesnt wear his religious affiliation like Buhari and others. And most importantly, I believe that if given a brand new computer or smartphone today, he probably would not need a manual to go virtual or make a call - you feel me? What am I saying? Nigeria has moved past the likes of IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Abdulsalami and co. We're in the era of Ribadu, Okorocha, Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, Ajimobi, Duke, Tanbuwal, etc.

Ping me when APC fields one of the above.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by vizboy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Obiagelli: And how did you come to this conclusion, are you a member of the party? Have you ever heard this from the leaders of the party?
How come you know more than the party itself
FYI there is going to be a fair and open primary election for 2015, the only fear is if the party will remain after the primaries
you dont need to be told before you can see the hand writing on the wall. The hausa/fulani are too greed to let power go and they are ready to sacrifice the party to make sure they hold onto power which is not suppose because the party comes before personal greed.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by OAM4J: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
Obiagelli:

I see a run off or a very slim win for either the pdp or apc which will be fantastic for Nigerians, the winning party would always be on its toes knowing there is a huge shadow behind them.
It also means we would probably have a balanced national assembly, that should focus on issues rather than the crap we have now.

Can't wait for 2015

This to me is the joy of having APC... Though I wish APC wins to teach PDP a lesson of not taking Nigerians for granted ever again should they regain power in terms of performance.

But then it doesnt matter much again with hope that whichever party comes to power knows it has to perform appreciably to stay in power else there is a strong opposition that is capable of taking over.

Overall Nigeria/ Nigerians will be better of for all these, all other things being equal.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by biafransoul: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
The trugh is that ACn stands a better chance with Buhari as the presidential candidate than without him. Who has the kind of followership in the North like Buhari? No one comes close. Another truth is that APC picking the presidential candidate from the South especially the SW will be foolish because that will reduce the influence of the party.

It all lies! The emergence of Apc is just for power to return to the North. have you asked yourself why a South Eastern candidate is never in the equation? Nigerians are wiser now and we know you guys mission
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Abagworo(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
One fact is that there are more Moslems in Nigeria than Christians. It is undeniable.

@topic. PDP can never win a free and fair election in Nigeria unless they field a tested and trusted candidate. Even Yar'Adua as a Northerner from Kaduna mafia could not win the 2007 elections as we all obviously know. That tells you that it is not about North and South but about giving the masses the ability to choose. Granted some PDP Governors like Chime and Amaechi could have won a free and fair election in 2011 but never Jonathan. Jonathan has not achieved anything positive in Nigeria to win a free election. Only someone like Amaechi or other tested and trusted politicians can win a free and fair election for PDP .
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Expensive72(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: @ Expensive72
Please change this your current signature.

Enough of these insult on our people
I'm sorry for using that as my signature, but that guy banned me for nothing
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Afam4eva(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Expensive72: I'm sorry for using that as my signature, but that guy banned me for nothing
That must have been a mistake. What's your username so that i can review.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Expensive72(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
That must have been a mistake. What's your username so that i can review.
No worry my ban has expired, meanwhile I have edited & corrected my signature as oga ngwakwe said....Udo
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 23, 2013
Oam4j you're commenting shocked shocked shocked

OAM4J:

This to me is the joy of having APC... Though I wish APC wins to teach PDP a lesson of not taking Nigerians for granted ever again should they regain power in terms of performance.

But then it doesnt matter much again with hope that whichever party comes to power knows it has to perform appreciably to stay in power else there is a strong opposition that is capable of taking over.

Overall Nigeria/ Nigerians will be better of for all these, all other things being equal.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by saipn: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2013
Those ppl from SS/SE region are politically myopic of what is going on presently in nigeria,what makes you think GEJ will win all the states in NC? Are u saying there r lots of christians in kogi,kwara and nassarawa than muslims? Hmmmmmm the only option for GEJ to win 2015 presidential election is to rig it or else APC will win landslide
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Ngwakwe: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for your understanding.

I appreciate the respect.

Expensive72: No worry my ban has expired, meanwhile I have edited & corrected my signature as oga ngwakwe said....Udo

1 Like

Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by maclatunji: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
biafran soul:

It all lies! The emergence of Apc is just for power to return to the North. have you asked yourself why a South Eastern candidate is never in the equation? Nigerians are wiser now and we know you guys mission

Maybe because that region has never truly charted a proper philosophy for itself within the Nigerian context. How can you lead others when you don't know what you really want.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by maclatunji: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2013
saipn: Those ppl from SS/SE region are politically myopic of what is going on presently in nigeria,what makes you think GEJ will win all the states in NC? Are u saying there r lots of christians in kogi,kwara and nassarawa than muslims? Hmmmmmm the only option for GEJ to win 2015 presidential election is to rig it or else APC will win landslide

I am certain he will try to do this. The big question is: how will Nigerians react to it ?
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Gbawe: 10:47am On Jun 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I am certain he will try to do this. The big question is: how will Nigerians react to it ?

It will be very problematic to achieve a rigged win in 2015. . Already, there is real rancour and bad-blood attached to 2015 and I think any result/winner would possibly face serious and violent resistance. The politicians, instead of subscribing themselves to a democratic test of popularity, are behaving in sabre-rattling ways that indicate serious mayhem may be unavoidable. Rigging will surely ensure chaos in an atmospshere which is very tense already.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by Ngwakwe: 11:13am On Jun 23, 2013
From all available indices there is no gainsaying that APC will reject the 2015 presidential result if they loose even with slightest margin.

The polity is already heated up to the extent I foresee mass movement of people prior to the election for fear of uncontrollable violence and loss of lives.

The peace and unity of Nigeria as we approach 2015 will be dependent on how far APC educate most of their rabid followers to calm down irrespective of the outcome of the election as to allow judicial processes to handle the fallout.
Re: Re – Who Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015? Joe Igbokwe Responds. by oddy4real(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2013
GEJ does not need to rig the 2015 elections. he will win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). / Forwarded As Received: Bukola Saraki’s Properties Exposed / Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.