Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? (3646 Views)

'if You Are RCCG, You Were Founded By Josiah Akindayomi'- BISHOP KUKAH / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? / Rccg Pastors I Know Hiding Under Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by macjive01: 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
I am a roman catholic but more or less tired of the whole God-church Thing, so I stopped going to church.

However of late I find Sundays very boring and tiresome, seemingly being in my neighbourhood all by myself, so decide to give church another go.

I went back to catholic church. Being in Europe with White priest making analogies with weird unfamiliar, dry comparisons and story, now made the church seem even more frustrating and boring as hell, Couldn't help myself not falling asleep on any Sunday I manage to go to church.

Owing to that, I decided to try one of these Naija - tithe loving churches. I found myself in RCC of God.

Firstly, it felt better. Never , couldn't . Absolutely impossible to fall asleep when it felt like a war zone at points.

Oddly enuf, I found most people in the church to b Igbos, even people i know to b catholics, most of the ushers, the choir, the. . . -don't-know-what-to-call-them, but those busy-body people acting like angel micheal- defender of heaven, were mostly Igbos BUT the priests were all Yorubas.

Look, I didn't go abt asking if there was an Igbo pastor or not, I only wanted to find out how they reconcile their catholic believe n honour of virgin Mary with rccg non-recognition of virgin Mary, so I happened to ask for an Igbo pastor- who wud b the possibly highest ranked wud-have-been-catholic. To my surprise, there was none. In fact the usher I asked happen not to k ow of any Igbo pastor in any of rccg she knows.

So the question is; is RCC a Yoruba business affair ?

Is the church dubiously tithing Igbos to buy private jets for the solely Yoruba pastors?

Are the Igbo's rich tithes funding the universities , schools, sophisticated hospitals n other businesses of the church strictly, deliberately and solely being sited in Yorubaland ?

Why arent there any of their mega-structured heavy invested church buildings in the east?

Are these pastors also firstly Yorubas before prophets of God as Awolowo infamously said he is Yoruba first before Nigerian?

Please, what is the selection process for the pastorhood?

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by omiobo: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
You are an agent of devil,trying to cause division among God's children. I rebuke in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by lomprico(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by demelza: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
You talk as if Igbos are the only people attending RCCG, stop skewing facts to favour your tribalistic view.
To your question, this is a trend I've noticed not only in Redeemed but other churches. It seems the tribe of the overall head of a church goes a long way in determining who gets to lead under the organization. Case in point Christ Embassy, if you look at the pastors under Pastor Chris, you would notice that over 90% of them come from the same state as him- Edo state.
I believe this is done subconsciously, we as humans tend to gravitate towards groups or leaders that have similar characteristics with us. Which is why most Yorubas are comfortable in RCCG, Igbos in TREM/Catholic etc. When you have this kind of "segregation", you cant really blame them when pastors are selected from a particular area.
To your tent Oh Israel!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by geeez: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
Q1. What's the population of Igbos in RCCG compared to the Yorubas?
Q2. Why are Christ Embassy pastors mostly from Edo State?
Q3. Why are most catholic priests Igbos?

If you can answer the questions above then I can answer all your questions above but for the records, Igbo tithes cannot in any way be up to a quarter of RCCG's tithes

2 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by dgitrader(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
We are all one body in christ. Thats what matters most. Abi u want quota system for church again?

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by IGBOSON1: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
omiobo: You are an agent of devil,trying to cause division among God's children. I rebuke in Jesus name!

^^^I beg to differ.....it's a legitimate question! The jokes on the mugus that go to these type of churches anyway.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Mortiple(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
omiobo: You are an agent of devil,trying to cause division among God's children. I rebuke in Jesus name!
Truly he is of the Devil. I advise he goes back to where he is coming from.

I have been in RCCG for over 14 years now and I can authoritatively say that there are as many Igbo Pastors as Yoruba, Edo, Urhobo, Ibibio and other tribes in Nigeria. You may succeed in misinforming the public about any other thing in RCCG but definitely not on tribalism and discrimination. For the avoidance of doubt, go to City of David, Resurrection Ground and Peace Assembly, all Provincial Headquarters situated in Victoria Island and Lekki area of Lagos State and find out for yourself how many Igbo Pastors they have in their fold.

Hope somebody is not trying to sell "Ahiara Catholic Diocese show of shame" to RCCG? Sorry you have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Why are the priests at okija shrine only ibos
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by daywatcher: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
rccg ooo, redeem ooo, mfm ooo, ansaru deen oo, shia muslim oo, sunni muslim oooo.....all have no place in Africa if all was right
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by emiye(m): 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ OP, Why are all the pastors in Lords chosen Igbos ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Sealeddeal(m): 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
geeez: Q1. What's the population of Igbos in RCCG compared to the Yorubas?
Q2. Why are Christ Embassy pastors mostly from Edo State?
Q3. Why are most catholic priests Igbos?

If you can answer the questions above then I can answer all your questions above but for the records, Igbo tithes cannot in any way be up to a quarter of RCCG's tithes
who said that most catholic priests are Igbos? A big lie. Any state where catholic church exist has mostly their citizen priests occupying the position of priesthood.
On the other hand,,RCCG,Mountain of Fire,Deeper life,Winner's chapel always have their pastors as Yorubas in and outside Yorubaland while Christ embassy has mostly Edo pastors. They do this deliberately and tribalistically and Igboland is 99percent christian;so why should all the pastors of above mentioned churches be yorubas outside yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Sealeddeal(m): 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
emiye: @ OP, Why are all the pastors in Lords chosen Igbos ?
You mean pastors of Lord chosen in Ekiti,Ondo,Oyo,Osun,Ogun are Igbos? Taah!!!
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by toby09(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
una wan bring tribalism for religion again? no be the same God una dey worship?...I tire 4 una.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Pangea: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
Why are all the pastors in Assembly of God , Lord's chosen and Trem Igbo?
Food for thought!

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by CyberG: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tribalism, even via religion, is an ibo thing only in Nigeria! Ibos can try and dance around it all you like but it is what it is! No doubt, the emphatic drubbing of the Biafra War left permanent and forever indelible marks on the ibo psyche! The pre- and post independence history of ibos is not enviable either and all these factors have permanently affected the ibo psyche and situation. No question, ibos have a strong desire to prove themselves all the time, try to embellish their situation and impress other Nigerians but most people don't care and even the smaller but all important tribes of Nigeria don't care really. The other major tribes of Nigeria never seem to need to prove themselves to themselves or to anyone. Ibos are the complete opposite giving rise to an inferiority complex further exacerbated because the more they do it, the less others care!

Here is another ibo who could just stay in his house, go to a white Catholic Church or go back to churches in alaibo if he wanted ibo priests but he goes to the end of the earth to find a fault in pastors who think of several thing everyday but most likely their tribe is the last thing on their minds! This is the kind of thing Jesus said to the Pharisees who go to the ends of the earth to make a proselyte and thereafter make him twice a child of hell. Mr inferior you are free to make yourself a stumbling stone and 10 X a child of hades! It's your choice!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by idumuose(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
What is true of churches in 9ja is also true of churches in
America.T.D jakes is a black pastor in irving Texas and most
Of his members are blacks.Creflo Dollar is a black pastor and
Most of his congregation are blacks.Keneth Copeland is a white
Pastor and most of his members are whites.I can go on and on.
Folks always feel confortable with somebody of the same ethnic
Nationality.We tend to be comfortable with som1 with whom we
Speak the same language.Most women will prefer their daughters
to be married off to a man of the same ethnic nationality. Ɣ☺u
Cannot find a TYPICAL ibo man in a church where Yoruba song is
predominant and vice-versa.I for 1 do not care where a pastor
Comes from so long as he preaches good message.My own Pastor is
Not even from the same ethnic group as i.The bible says there is
Neither jew nor Greek for we are all one in Christ.Rccg,Winners,
Trem are all members of the same body and that is what God recog-
nizes.Honestly,people who bring tribal sentiments into the church
Need help.I pity them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Oildichotomy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
I feel you OP ..It's not only RCCG even Winners. there's this tribalism ish attached to it. As if the church will fall if other tribes are involved.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Oildichotomy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
Mortiple: Truly he is of the Devil. I advise he goes back to where he is coming from.

I have been in RCCG for over 14 years now and I can authoritatively say that there are as many Igbo Pastors as Yoruba, Edo, Urhobo, Ibibio and other tribes in Nigeria. You may succeed in misinforming the public about any other thing in RCCG but definitely not on tribalism and discrimination. For the avoidance of doubt, go to City of David, Resurrection Ground and Peace Assembly, all Provincial Headquarters situated in Victoria Island and Lekki area of Lagos State and find out for yourself how many Igbo Pastors they have in their fold.

Hope somebody is not trying to sell "Ahiara Catholic Diocese show of shame" to RCCG? Sorry you have failed.
you guys can easily see the devil before Jesus christ. Judgement is never your work to do...holier than thou
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Oildichotomy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
emiye: @ OP, Why are all the pastors in Lords chosen Igbos ?
This justifies it then. Comments like this makes the Nigerian churches stinks. Will God really use this to judge us? tribalism and mistrust among Nigerian blacks is situation sitting on a keg of gunpowder. When e go explode enn? We go hear weeen
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by ChristKid1: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Because they're the best fraudsters we've in Nigeria. Who knows whether they use juju there too. grin
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
What I have noticed is that the tribe of the founder/leader of a church plays a huge role in pastor nomination into a high position no matter how much they claim to be directed by the spirit. I attend RCCG though and I'm igbo.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by bokohalal(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
daywatcher: rccg ooo, redeem ooo, mfm ooo, ansaru deen oo, shia muslim oo, sunni muslim oooo.....all have no place in Africa if all was right
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by emiye(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
This justifies it then. Comments like this makes the Nigerian churches stinks. Will God really use this to judge us? tribalism and mistrust among Nigerian blacks is situation sitting on a keg of gunpowder. When e go explode enn? We go hear weeen
My question is a rhetorical question for the OP to rethink if at all he wants to.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by SpicyMimi(f): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
Amennnnnnnnnnn!!!! angry
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by pilotseq: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
U are not only an agent of darkness, but u are also an agent of bastard!!! Big fool
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
funny topic grin grin grin
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Satan is great. He does marvelous things. Churches are breaking up. Thank you Lord Master Lucifer.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by teetee123: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Oildichotomy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
emiye:
My question is a rhetorical question for the OP to rethink if at all he wants to.
You did argue against his honest observation with your correlative rhetorics. BTW rhetorics means insincere or empty language that sounds pretentious. Going by that definition,you succeeded in asking an Insincere' or 'empty' question. AUKM
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Jakumo(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
The proliferation of religious establishments is an enduring index of poverty and desperation. Go to any ghetto in America and you will find a store-front church on every block. Go to Nigeria and you will find a miracle church or mosque every ten yards.

People look to the heavens for salvation, when the lives they lead on earth are devoid of hope. Just as Christians look forward to heaven as the destination where unlimited wealth awaits the faithful, as promised by the fast-talking pastors who take most of their salaries here on earth, radical Muslims, segregated from women under the suffocating dictates of their own faith, dream of shagghing 72 virgins in heaven, as a divine reward for killing those whom they are taught to regard as "infidels".

Free your mind, and your asz will follow.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
We can all act like it's not True, but fact remains that it's true.

There are also igbo-led churches just as there are Yoruba-led ones.

Funny thing is how the bishops , during the ordination keep telling us that the spirit has selected these 'few'

I guess the spirit is tribal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And.... / Pray For Rufai Oseni Of Arise TV / The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.