Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (727535 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Ezilytina(f): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
sleekcm:

Eh, nnenne, could you upload your finest picture so we could see your Geneveive -lookalike prettiness?
I dnt wnt u 2 brk sum1's hrt cus if i do u wl hv a rethink of ur present relatnship.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ezilytina: At least if he competes wt u he wl win.
swerve....go to ur half baked face bf!!!! DPMO
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ezilytina: I dnt wnt u 2 brk sum1's hrt cus if i do u wl hv a rethink of ur present relatnship.
Abeg no upload am oooo. I dnt wanna dream of witches

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Chapter 51

As soon as I got the information that I was going on a birthday party in Festac, I took my car to wash it at Volks along Badagry expressway.
I ordered them to wash both the interior and the engine as well. By the time they finished, the car looked like a new one. If it was possible, I would have carried the car on my head back to the house but unfortunately, I had to drive it through the dirty roads.

The birthday was supposed to start around 5pm. Our arrangement was that I would wait for Stella at the Abule Oshun bus stop. I got to the bus stop before 4:30 and waited at a restaurant. The restaurant was newly opened and served good food, therefore I used the opportunity to eat Breadfruit.

Stella arrived some minutes before 5pm and got into the car. I had intentionally pumped the car with cool gas from the air conditioner. Lionel richie was playing too. I knew Tuface and P Square were making waves then but the occasion called for a quiet song.

Stella sat on the passenger seat and fitted in as if the car was manufactured for her. She was wearing a black flowing gown which matched the car interior. She was also wearing a big round ear rings.
I took glances at her occasionally and made sure she knew I was looking at her. We drove through Badagry expressway and diverted to Festac through Alakija. We drove for about 100 meters and diverted right to the 2nd avenue. We drove for some minutes and turned left to the 5th avenue.
I didn't know where we were going but I followed the direction provided by Stella.

We later diverted right again from 5th avenue to 51 road and stopped in front of a house. The gates were wide open. A few cars were packed outside, therefore I packed behind a mercedes 190.
It looked like the celebrant was from a rich or popular family.

Stella and I went inside the compound together. I wanted to hold her hand while we walked inside but she refused; I didn't worry though, That opportunity would surely come someday if I exercise patience.
An Igbo proverb said that '' Aku fechaa Odalu Awo. ( the flying termite must surely fall down for the toad)''
There was quiet some gathering, mostly girls with flowing gowns and newly made hair styles. Every one of them was trying to impress the other and to be noticed too.
The party setting was outside the house.
We were ushered to the chairs at the right hand corner of the compound.
The DJ was playing a Tuface Idibia song while some people had already started drinking.

A lady came to us and asked what we wanted to drink. It seemed the toast had been performed before our arrival, therefore I waited for Stella to make a request before me.
The 'Ladies first' cliche was surely going to start with Stella.

She demanded for a Malt.
''Give me Malt please'' I had said to the lady servant.
I didn't want alcohol to interfere in that destined union.

The Celebrant came out to greet us. She was radiant and gorgeous on a red expensive gown. Stella had stood up to hug her, therefore I stood up too and shook her hand.
She looked at Stella and pointed at me while smiling. I figured she was asking Stella if I was the chosen one; the special one.
That was my best moment.
Stella had smiled back and said nothing. That very smile was enough for me.

Stella had suddenly introduced me as a friend and a tenant in their building. It was degrading but who cared? She could even call me her driver and I wouldn't care either.
I had my silver ear ring on my left ear and my eyes were covered with a nice semi-dark eyeglasses which I had purchased back in Braga Portugal.

We later ate chin chin, fried rice and chicken. The Celebrant danced. Some people sprayed some money on her but I sat where I was told to stay. If Stella had gone to spray money on her, I would have probably done the same but since she sat there, I did too.

Eventually Stella produced a brown envelope from her bag. It contained some money. She said it was her own gift to the Celebrant whose name had been announced as miss Tina.

On our way out of the party, she walked to Tina and handed her the envelop, then we walked back to the BMW and drove away.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
Abeg make una no abuae ezilytina because of her comments..She has the right to chose what looks ugly and fine to her

we all do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Goldenbasil(f): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
ZUBY77: Abeg make una no abuae ezilytina because of her comments..She has the right to chose what looks ugly and fine to her
Thanks Zubby for defendinding ezii. Ezii,hapu umunwoke ndia ha choro inu ihe i ga ekwu.gosi na i ka ha.
we all do.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by stopit: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Oga zuby abeg we dey wait u
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by liljboy(m): 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ezilytina: At least if he competes wt u he wl win.
he will win if its "WHO'S THE MOST UGLIEST" competition
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Ezilytina(f): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
[quote author=ZUBY77]Abeg make una no abuae ezilytina because of her comments..She has the right to chose what looks ugly and fine to her
Dats y i love u. U knw hw 2 respond 2 matas arising. If na oda writers dey 4 don dey eat dia flesh by nw. Kari go i dey gbadun u.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Chapter 52

The time was getting to 6:30pm. Stella wanted us to go home but I had other plans. The loud sound of the party music did not allow me to talk to Stella without yelling at the party.

''I want us to look around Festac before going home'' I said.

She asked where to go and I told her I didn't know.
She said there was a nice bush bar/garden off 2nd Avenue.
She directed as I drove to the place. The garden was beautifully decorated and quiet. It was a perfect place for first date but since we were not on a date, I couldn't give a name to what we were there to do.

''Why are you interested in me'' Stella asked as soon as we sat down.

I decided to buy some time before answering the question, as a result I asked her what she wanted to drink. She demanded for smirnoff ice, a small bottle of white contents with about 4.5% alcohol.

Great! She drinks smirnoff.

I walked to one of the bars and bought two bottles of the stuff and opened them with my teeth.

''What did you just do'' she said while looking squarely at me.

I lied that the bottle covers were too easy to open. She advised me to stop doing it anyway. I agreed.

I called a passing waiter and asked the kinds of meat they sold. She named chicken and Beef.
Stella wanted chicken, therefore Ozoigbondu wanted chicken as well.

''You haven't answered my question'' she said while we waited for the chicken.

'' Stella, I don't really know. Since the first time I saw you coming down from a taxi in front of the house, something inside me had instantly changed and it had never happened to me before. I felt like some parts of me had just been restored. I have seen girls in Europe and Nigeria here but non of them ever made me feel the way I do now'' I said and stopped talking.

She had kept her gaze at me while I talked. When I stopped talking, she lowered her face and held my left hand with her right hand.

''What if I tell you that I have a boyfriend'' she said.
The question was unexpected but it would be disastrous if I gave her a silly answer.

'' A beautiful girl like you must have been attracting young men. Whatever happened in your past is beyond me but what I know this moment is that I would do anything possible to be with you all the time'' I said. I liked giving detailing answers. Some points that would never answer a question directly, yet answered it to some acceptable extent.

She smiled and removed her hand from mine as the chicken arrived.

She ate like most girls, leaving most of the meats attached to the bones. I did the same. If that was the definition of being a well trained girl or big girl or good mannered girl, then let it be the same for men.
The game of Stella had been decided to be a '' however you want it'' style.

We left immediately after eating the chicken since we had paid at the time of delivery.

''I don't know what to say. It is true that many boys have talked to me and wanted me as their girlfriend but I feel different for you. It is just that I don't know you very well and don't even know what you do for a living'' she said in the car on our way home.

''IF you give me a chance in your life, you will definitely know everything about me including what I do for a living. It is quite obvious that I don't even know you too. The only thing I could tell about you now is that you are a God-fearing girl which makes you a good girl'' I said.

We had already joined Badagry expressway and was heading down to Trade fair under bridge. I figured we would soon separate since I was so sure she would not allow me to drive her home but I was wrong.

''Stella, we will soon separate, I want us to have another date if we can classify what we just did as a date'' I said.

''We are going home together'' she said to my utmost surprise.

''What about your parents'' I asked.
''What about them'' she said while looking at me.

I decided to keep quiet and watch things unfold.

We got to the barracks bus stop and diverted left towards our house, she didn't ask me to stop her.
We drove to the house together. I couldn't make any direct meaning to why Stella was not scared of her parents. Although the parents didn't see us come in but Issa the gateman saw us. I had also seen the call girl down the road but I didn't care. Even if all the girls I had slept with piled up in front of our house and saw Stella and I, I wouldn't give a damn.
Stella was the closest thing I have felt as love since the days of Efuah and Jennifer.

She came down from the car but not without a peck on my cheek.
I was very happy like someone who had found his first love.
All of a sudden, Ozoigbondu had turned from a Fvckmachine to a love one.

I watched her walked up their flat or whatever they had up there.

Our house had two stairwells. Theirs was on the left and mine was on the right if one faces the house.

I packed my car and walked upstairs like a man who had won a lottery. When I got upstairs, my cousin was already in. He said that my phone which I left at home had been ringing. I walked to my room and brought it back to the parlour. I also brought out a bottle of whiskey. Stella had starved me of my drinks and since she was not around, it was time to celebrate the day's victory with some drinks.

I sat down and opened my phone. 17 Missed calls were carefully arranged according to the time of the calls.

Missed call number 1: Daisy, 5times.

I called her back.

''Where have you been, I wanted you to come to our house today to meet with my mum'' she said.

I told her I forgot the phone at home and went to Festac. Although I didn't tell her what I went to do in Festac or who I had gone there with but I didn't lie Atleast.
I promised her I would come the next day. I knew it was going to be a gamble but I was also sure that the Mother herself must have known that most single men were good at dating more than one lady.

27 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IZUKWU(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Zubby ônye amuma
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tinynita(f): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ezilytina: I dnt wnt u 2 brk sum1's hrt cus if i do u wl hv a rethink of ur present relatnship.
babes pls dnt bother uploading ur pix coz them guys r gonna have nitemare if they cum across it...u can thank me lata 4d advice gal
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by stopit: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Oga zuby I fil ur story die just kip on firing we dey wait for more like oliver twist
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
wow!!! I feel good coolNice one Zubby
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow. Our ZUBY is in love. grin
Wondering how this adventure will play out.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1078931_Chikito_in_berlin_jpg86c2fbfd2973753a6c460071a5d6dbba

Is this THE JENNIFER ?

8 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Asabaman(m): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
temhab: wow!!! I feel good coolNice one Zubby
y do I have this feeling that I will write our chapter someday
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Numerouuuno: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
ZUBY77: Chapter 51

. She was also wearing a big round ear rings.
I took glances at her occasionally and made sure she knew I was looking at her.
Culled from the Words of Mazi Omenuko.
"That's one of the rules of flirting, the
flirtor must let the flirtee know she's been flirted
upon"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Asabaman
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Asabaman(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
cool
temhab: @Asabaman
I'm serious honey, but I know it's gonna end well with 'Yes I Do'
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Numero uuuno: Culled from the Words of Mazi Omenuko.
"That's one of the rules of flirting, the
flirtor must let the flirtee know she's been flirted
upon"
Noted!!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Viewing this topic: Zeetry, samobaba(m), lil
jboy(m), idee.esperanza(m)
See as guys dey wake keep for Zuby!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 6:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Present ''anty''!!!

**Reporting for class**
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Chapter 53

Missed call Number 2: Zainab, 4times.

I called her back.
''Why weren't you picking my calls, I hope there was no problem'' she had said.

''I forgot the phone and went to Festac'' I had said. I told her that I was sorry and asked how she was doing. She said she was fine but have missed me so much. She wanted me to come pick her up the next day but I gave her an excuse that I was going to Ibadan for a business. I promised her that we will meet again during the coming week.

Missed call number 3: Olabisi 3times.

I didn't call her back. Even if I was there when she called, I wouldn't have picked the call. I knew it was dangerous to avoid calls from such girls as they could easily decide to come to your place to find out why but it was a gamble I was ready to take on.

Rest of the Missed calls: 080628449**. Unregistered.

I called it back and a girl picked it.
It was Amaka Eze.

''Hey you called back. Guess what, I have a phone now. My mom just bought me a phone. Its so sexy and new'' she said in less than 2 seconds.

''Chiamaka, its good that you have a phone but please I want you not to harass me with it. If you disturb me with it, I will be forced to tell your parents'' I said slowly.

''Who cares, you can tell them'' she said.

I had heard enough, therefore I cut the call and left it on the table.
As soon as I grabbed the bottle of whiskey on the table, the phone rang. It was the 17 Year old terrorist again.

''Why did you hang the phone on me like that'' she demanded.

''I am with my girlfriend here and she doesn't like me talking to women. Please stop calling me'' I said and cut of the call again. This time, I switched the phone off.

I picked up the new phone and wrote a message for Stella.

''Hey Angel, today was my best since many years and I wish to have such dates everyday. What are you doing?'' I wrote and send it to her.

Some moments later, she replied. She wrote that she was afraid i could break her heart. She also wrote that she liked me so much and still didn't know if she would be able to date me or not.

I wrote back and promised her I would never broke her heart.
That was the normal promises of newly met lovers. Its general all over the World.

I drank some moderate quantity of whiskey, watched some TV programmes and slept right there on the sofa. I woke up around 2 am and went to the room.

I woke up by 7am the following morning and thought of how to spend the day.
I wanted to see Stella's face again, therefore I prepared for Church. I didn't know which mass she would go but it was a Sunday and I was surely going to meet people at the Church.

I decided to walk to The Church on foot since I didn't want Amaka to see my car. I had a feeling she would hang around my car if she saw it at the Church.

The entire Church time was boring to me as usual. As a catholic, we had a simple same way of conducting Masses.

Start the mass with some songs,
the Rev Father comes in,
He started by waving his hand and saying ''May the lord be unto you''.
He chants some incantations,
Two people reads the the Sunday's bulletin messages,

the Rev Father reads the Gospel and
explains the meanings of what he and the previous two readers had read.
Then its time for Holy communion and offering.
Some announcements and the Mass was over.

Come to Church the next Sunday and its all the same except that the Readings comes from different Bible books.

I waited for Stella Patiently at the entrance of the Church until it was a few minutes to the end. Then I saw her. She was coming to the Church and not going out. I had mistakenly and unknowingly attended the 9am mass which ended at 10:15am while Stella was just coming in for the 10:30am mass.

She was with her younger brother.

''Hey, you came to Church today'' she said.

''Yes, but I just came now'' I answered as I made the sign of the cross signifying the end of the 9am mass.

''Lets go inside the Church then'' she said as she walked beside me with her little brother who was looking at me suspiciously.

What! Another hour and many minutes to sit down and listen to the same routine of worshiping God all over again? What can these women not do to us in the name of love.

We walked in to get seats at the front as people walked out of Church at the same time.

There she was! Daisy with a woman suspected to be her mother.

I slacked back a little to make things look like Stella and her kid brother wasn't with me.

I also prayed that Daisy would just walk past me without saying a word.
A prayer God, in his infinite mercy, decided not to answer right there in his own house.

''Hello'' Daisy said as soon as they walked up to me...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kenny1795(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2013
See Gobe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2013
Yippe!! Na me 1st read chapter 53. Thnks ZUBY
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Emperortj93(m): 7:17am On Aug 23, 2013
Hi daisy! I replied non-challantly..... @topic, Great work oga zubby. Still following
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by stopit: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2013
Oga zuby abeg dey fire more tori dey go
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Zeinymira(f): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2013
grin 17yr old terrorist.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tstone1(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2013
ZUBBY! Only an american can track down this 17 year old terrorist...good one Boss!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 8:31am On Aug 23, 2013
Zuby no dulling.
*speaking igbo*
Nwata nwanyi ahu (Daisy) choro ime gi '30'
tongue
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by obinoral(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2013
kolawaxxy: Yippe!! Na me 1st read chapter 53. Thnks ZUBY
But no b u first comment.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Oga Zubby the man.
lol @ God cannot answer that kind prayer in his own house, I think He can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.