Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,912 members, 7,838,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Episode 9 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Episode 9 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence (456 Views)

Episode 11 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / Episode 8 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / The Mystery Behind Human Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 9 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence by AdefarakanAO: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2013
[b]Lastly on the STATE OF MIND

THE DANGER IN FEAR
Job said “what I GREATLY FEARED has come upon me and that which I was AFRAID OF has come unto me (Job 3:25), Job was talking about the great affliction and the terrible trouble that befell him. Most of us are familiar with the story of Job! I believe you can now see the danger in FEAR. No wonder 1 John 4:18b says, “Fear has a Torment”. Fear torments its victim. And just as it did to Job, it does to anybody that engages in it.
Whatever you are afraid of has the tendency to happen to you. So beware! Although the Bible says Fear God in Ecc.12:13, but what it means is not to be “Afraid of God”. The word Fear in that particular passage connotes REVERENCE, and it means “to have Great Respect for God”. God never wants any man to be “scared of Him”. That is why there is FEAR NOT 365 times in the Bible. The Scripture also said “draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you” (James 4 vs eight). In Isaiah 1:18, He said we should “come and reason together with Him”. He wants us to come closely to Him! Not to be “afraid of Him”.
About Evangelism, by Divine leading this is how I evangelize now: Since I know fear is not good, I therefore approach the preaching of the Gospel from the view point of GOODNEWS (Matt.4:23 AMP), instead of preaching the “Fear of hell”. Yes, hell is real! But Heaven is also real, and since Heaven is my interest. My interest is what I preach to people.
This is what I tell people when I preach:
I let them know there is a Mansion waiting for them in Heaven if they accept Jesus into their lives, because Jesus said I’m going to prepare a Mansion for you, and He also said; “ so that where I am you may also be”. Now, imagine what the unbeliever will feel! He may even say, it means one day I will see this Jesus you are talking about face to face and I will be with Him forever. Wow!
You may also tell them that as beautiful some Cities in the world are, they can not be compared to the Glory in Heaven. Because there is no description of Heaven on Earth. This will also interest them. And I believe this will also make people to start loosing taste for sin?
From experience if you keep hammering people that; “they will end up in hell if they don’t receive Christ”, their response has always been the following, because they are fed up and tired of hearing such:
1. We are already in hell; life cannot be tougher than this in hell. What does that imply?
It means these people are seriously suffering here on earth. And in addition to what they are already facing, most things they hear from some preachers is to “be afraid of ending up in Hell” instead of pointing them to the “joy awaiting them in Heaven” if only they will give their lives to Jesus.
2. Also, I have heard someone said; he knows he’s going to hell, but before then, he said he will enjoy sin to the last on earth. Do you now see what the message of Fear of Hell is doing to the unbelievers.
Yes! Hell is real. But I prefer to preach the reality of HEAVEN, since it is the reason why Christ was Crucified (1 Cor. 1:23).
If you are a business man, you don’t go into business if there is nothing to gain from it. So, the people you are preaching to wants to know what they stand to gain if they receive Jesus. You can tell them that they stand to gain ETERNITY WITH JESUS. With this, I believe they would want to listen to you.
It may also interest you to know that the Bible says, “the Fearful shall end up in the lake of fire” (Pls read; Rev.21vs eight). This is how dangerous it is to “live in Fear”. Anything you fear has the tendency to reproduce itself because everything reproduces “after its kind” (Gen. 1:25).
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO KNOW EARLIER! WE LOVE YOU!