Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,320 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. (776 Views)

Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost / Start Mysql In Xampp / XAMPP Or WAMPSERVER, Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Guruman2: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
grin pls masters in the house i need serious help. In my local host i want to create database, username and password to store user info tru data collection form but i find everything difficult maybe username is created in d mysql confg file i dont know pls help. Thanks.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
ur question still needs proper explanation. Please break it down.

But if i may ask, do you know how to access your database interface? the url is http://localhost/phpMyAdmin

If you can access the page, you should see a something like "Databases" at the right panel of the interface. See the first attached image.

Click on the link, it will take you to where you can create a new database (See Second attached image below):

That will lead you to where you can now create your desired fields and bla bla bla...

But before i continue, i'd like to know if this is really what you want to do or whatsoever it is.

Thank You

Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Guruman2: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thank very much 4 getin me rit, dis exctly wht am talk about. I hv create database know as info and what else.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Urine: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nice explanation by Yorme but for beginners like you,I think you should create your database using Toad for MySQL. Here you can create tables by writing your own scripts while gaining more knowledge in database. The decision is left with you though
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Guruman2: 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
Urine: Nice explanation by Yorme but for beginners like you,I think you should create your database using Toad for MySQL. Here you can create tables by writing your own scripts while gaining more knowledge in database. The decision is left with you though
ok thank urine, i can undastand ur point are u teling to dowload anoda appl known as toad or what bco i have created database knwn as "info" at phpmyadmin n also create table knwn as "contact" wch have somtin like "firstname" "lastname" "email" "username" and "pswrd" wht is d next tin to do.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Guruman2: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
yorme: ur question still needs proper explanation. Please break it down.

But if i may ask, do you know how to access your database interface? the url is http://localhost/phpMyAdmin

If you can access the page, you should see a something like "Databases" at the right panel of the interface. See the first attached image.

Click on the link, it will take you to where you can create a new database (See Second attached image below):

That will lead you to where you can now create your desired fields and bla bla bla...

But before i continue, i'd like to know if this is really what you want to do or whatsoever it is.

Thank You

Thank very much 4 getin me rit, dis exctly wht am talk about. I hv create database know as info and what else.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Urine: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2013
Guruman2:
ok thank urine, i can undastand ur point are u teling to dowload anoda appl known as toad or what bco i have created database knwn as "info" at phpmyadmin n also create table knwn as "contact" wch have somtin like "firstname" "lastname" "email" "username" and "pswrd" wht is d next tin to do.

Exactly, it is another application. You can google it, I have to say it's more demanding so if you want short cuts to create a database it won't be your best option. I just feel it will make you a better developer, do you know anything about conceptual modelling?
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by teemy(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2013
from my own opinion, your are probably needing a complete guide to creating and working with a database which has already been dealt with several times on NL. try checking for (*dhtml) and (yawa-ti-de)'s early topics and you should get a smooth sail.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Guruman2: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Urine:

Exactly, it is another application. You can google it, I have to say it's more demanding so if you want short cuts to create a database it won't be your best option. I just feel it will make you a better developer, do you know anything about conceptual modelling?
0k will try and discover how good is it, but u made mention of conceptual modelling whch to my knwldge is sematic user to communicate btw 2 applcatn. More knwlge 4rm u. Thanks.
Re: Xampp Database Problem Help!!!!!!!!. by Urine: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Guruman2: 0k will try and discover how good is it, but u made mention of conceptual modelling whch to my knwldge is sematic user to communicate btw 2 applcatn. More knwlge 4rm u. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy. CM is what you do before creating your database,you do this do have a good idea of how your actors/table relate before creating your database, you can google it to have a better idea

All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Else Have A Bad TALE Of Hostgoodies.com Already? / Is Seun Monetizing Nairaland Effectively? / Your Review Is Needed Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.