Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy (3428 Views)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Pls my fellow nairalanders is dere any problem for an igbo girl to marry a yoruba boy?Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love?So does it mean one must feel safe to marry from her clan or what?Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community?Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both thanks.Am keen to learn and hear from u guys.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2013
ofcourse there is. dont even think of it.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Gboliwe: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2013
One advice: have a mind of your own.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2013
@OP, please dont even try it if you want to be happy in your marriage! Yorubas are known to be very lazy, dirty, unfaithful and diabolical.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by ifyalways(f): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
Whoever asking such a question is a kid and have NO business discussing marriage.
Its 2013 and people still talk right through their dirty,smelly, unwashed A.n.uus? When u say Igbos have "the best culture" what exactly do u mean?

Lekwanu question cheesy
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by AndreUweh(m): 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
at the poster, you are free to marry your yoruba man since Igbo people hardly notice you.
You are free since you are not charming to Igbo men.
You are free since Igbo men don't care whether you exist.
But then you have to search yor self why you are not attracting Igbo men. Are you too ugly, unkept, smelly, uneducated and cook with so much mmanu?.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Afam4eva(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Andre Uweh: at the poster, you are free to marry your yoruba man since Igbo people hardly notice you.
But then you have to search yor self why you are not attracting Igbo men. Are you too ugly, unkept, smelly, uneducated and cook with so much mmanu?.
Chei, una no go kill person with laugh grin

@OP
You're marrying an individual and not a Yoruba man. Every human being have a behavior unique to them and they should not be judged based on where they come from.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Gboliwe: 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
Andre Uweh: at the poster, you are free to marry your yoruba man since Igbo people hardly notice you.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:13am On Jun 25, 2013
ucgirl: Pls my fellow nairalanders is dere any problem for an igbo girl to marry a yoruba boy?Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love?So does it mean one must feel safe to marry from her clan or what?Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community?Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both thanks.Am keen to learn and hear from u guys.

The only word I have for you is "NDO". You are a lost sheep;Love ma aass!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by abagoro(m): 12:19am On Jun 25, 2013
In my own world anything black is beautiful be it Ethiopia to South Africa or Madagascar to Gambia. Once you've found that African love, then its love. However if you are too sensitive to tribal differences as an individual just be prepared for the worst. My family from my grandparents down to me is a mix of ethnic groups and its fun.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Afam4eva(m): 12:29am On Jun 25, 2013
@OP
Did your sister later marry the Esan man? IS seems you guys in your family are more attracted to non-Igbo men.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 25, 2013
ucgirl: Pls my fellow nairalanders is dere any problem for an igbo girl to marry a yoruba boy?Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love?So does it mean one must feel safe to marry from her clan or what?Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community?Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both thanks.Am keen to learn and hear from u guys.

He will eventually marry and impregnate many other women
That one na surebanker
I hope she is prepared for the inevitable

How many Yoruba men do you know that have kids from one Woman?
Do you know any yoruba person without a half sibling?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2013
I see some bitter people here.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by AndreUweh(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2013
I know that Igbo girls are not cheap and do not go about begging Yorubas to marry them.
But there are Igbo girls who are unwanted and Yorubas can have them.

It's rare to see Yorubas coming here to claim they want to marry Igbo, Yorubas are not shameless to do so, only shameless Igbo ladies do that. I spit on this sort of attitude. Aru.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by achi4u(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Obiagelli: I see some bitter people here.
No.this is not a matter of being bitter!?
But any 'fresh' Igbo girl/lady romancing with a yoruba guy in the name love is sitting on a time bomb.

There's a nice yoruba guyz out there who can make a best of friend but not HUSBAND.
When he cloaks like 40 to 50 he will surely show their "trade mark"grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Andre Uweh:
But there are Igbo girls who are unwanted and Yorubas can have them.

It's rare to see Yorubas coming here to claim they want to marry Igbo, Yorubas are not shameless to do so, only shameless Igbo ladies do that. I spit on this sort of attitude. Aru.
Abegii, stop wasting ur saliva here ; who are u to determine who is Igbo and who is not one ; and who told U ur progenitor is an Igboman !!!

An Igbo with more than clannish mentality is better than thou,kwa!!!

If one Igbo girl marry a Yoruba Dude does that stopped U from marrying the remaining millions of Igbo girls and why are u so bittered as if the only Igbo girl of your life has been taken away from U !!!

See beyond ur clan dude,tis 21st century,era of Globalisation and Technology !!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by AndreUweh(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
donroxy: Abegii, stop wasting ur saliva here ; who are u to determine who is Igbo and who is not one ; and who told U ur progenitor is an Igboman !!!

An Igbo with more than clannish mentality is better than thou,kwa!!!

If one Igbo girl marry a Yoruba Dude does that stopped U from marrying the remaining millions of Igbo girls and why are u so bittered as if the only Igbo girl of your life has been taken away from U !!!

See beyond ur clan dude,tis 21st century,era of Globalisation and Technology !!!

Dude, in reality, the girl here has not met any Igbo interested in her. If so, she would have married the Igbo guy without you and I knowing of it. Since there are no Igbo on her way, then her second choice is Yoruba. Even at that, she is not happy and still want opinions. Introduce to her an Igbo man today, she will flee from the Yoruba chap. This is desperation and I don't blame her.
Her question should be; how can she marry an Igbo?.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=Andre Uweh]

Dude, in reality, the girl here has not met any Igbo interested in her. If so, she would have married the Igbo guy without you and I knowing of it. Since there are no Igbo on her way, then her second choice is Yoruba. Even at that, she is not happy and still want opinions. Introduce to her an Igbo man today, she will flee from the Yoruba chap. This is desperation and I don't blame her.

Who told you dat?SMH for u I can see bitterness,are u in her relationship to know that.I brought this topic here to learn from you guys,point of correction happily married here.
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Andre Uweh:

Guy,I don't know your age but really, U re sounding like an inexperienced kid :::::::

U re just highly tribalistic and tis quite (un)fortunate that u can never do anything about this inter-tribal marriage even when ur daughter is affected tongue !!!

Love,Marriage,Relationship,Romance,Intimacy is more than Tribal Union ,It is the matter of the HEART and some many people engaged in it for different reason or no reason/last option !!!

Emeka may not be able to give to Chioma,@ a point in time,what Olakunle would do for Chioma ::::::: Alas,U still advocate Chioma to established Union with Emeka simply cuz He is Her Tribesman !!!

So,In ur own Logical Reasoning,''Tribe'' is the only Yardstick to be considered in marriage !!!

Who told U she won't suffer same hardship from Igboman what she might suffered with Yorubaman OR enjoy a better level of fulfilled life with Yorubaman as would an Igboman !!!

See dude,Happiness is more than what can be obtainable in the clan,it can be achieved anywhere, just grab it when and where u see it !!!

For the fact that something work for U shoudn't mean tis gonna work for others ::::::::::

And If u think U re not comfortable with her decision to marry a Yorubaman, U can help her to find a better Igbo dude who can satisfy her feelings/emotions than Her present YorubaDude ::::::::::::: till then,stop displayin ur bitterness!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by AndreUweh(m): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
donroxy: Guy,I don't know your age but really, U re sounding like an inexperienced kid :::::::

U re just highly tribalistic and tis quite (un)fortunate that u can never do anything about this inter-tribal marriage even when ur daughter is affected tongue !!!

Love,Marriage,Relationship,Romance,Intimacy is more than Tribal Union ,It is the matter of the HEART and some many people engaged in it for different reason or no reason/last option !!!

Emeka may not be able to give to Chioma,@ a point in time,what Olakunle would do for Chioma ::::::: Alas,U still advocate Chioma to established Union with Emeka simply cuz He is Her Tribesman !!!

So,In ur own Logical Reasoning,''Tribe'' is the only Yardstick to be considered in marriage !!!

Who told U she won't suffer same hardship from Igboman what she might suffered with Yorubaman OR enjoy a better level of fulfilled life with Yorubaman as would an Igboman !!!

See dude,Happiness is more than what can be obtainable in the clan,it can be achieved anywhere, just grab it when and where u see it !!!

For the fact that something work for U shoudn't mean tis gonna work for others ::::::::::

And If u think U re not comfortable with her decision to marry a Yorubaman, U can help her to find a better Igbo dude who can satisfy her feelings/emotions than Her present YorubaDude ::::::::::::: till then,stop displayin ur bitterness!!!
If she doesn't want my opinion, she won't be here to raise such an issue. Do you expect me to say she should go ahead and marry her Yoruba guy. You must be joking. Look I hate pretence and I say things as I see it. Few Igbo who marry Yoruba are just those who haven't got much to do with the Igbo race. Asia result their dealings are mostly with non Igbo.
All the yearsI spent growing up in Ibadan Yorubaland, I did not witness any Igbo marrying Yoruba. Reason because Ndigbo over their engage themselves in Igbo activities. There were so many Igbo activities everywhere even in churches. These activities were avenues for Ndigbo to meet Ndigbo.
Those Igbo who do not engage themselves in Igo activities end up marrying outside the Igbo race. For Igbo girls who are starved of Igbo men please engage your selves in Igbo associations and activities.
Because Igbo girls are beautiful, well raised up and intelligent, Yorubas are dying to marry the not because of any love.
Anyway, am happily married and when it was time for me to choose a wife, I chose Igbo despite having spent more of my life outside Igboland. My sisters also have married to Ndigbo. But you can give all your sisters to Yorubas I don't care. Take it or leave it Ndigbo to Ndigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2013
ucgirl: Pls my fellow nairalanders is dere any problem for an igbo girl to marry a yoruba boy?

Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love?

So does it mean one must feel safe to marry from her clan or what?

Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community?

Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both thanks.Am keen to learn and hear from u guys.
Andre Uweh,this is your reply ;

But then you have to search yor self why you are not attracting Igbo men. Are you too ugly, unkept, smelly, uneducated and cook with so much mmanu?

Now, check the bolded of the Op and compared it with the bolded of ur post, and ask urself how much have u helped the Poster :::::: U rained great deal of Insult on someone who asked Genuine Questions as ;

Question 1 ;
Any problem for an Igbo girl to marry Yoruba Dude ?

Question 2 ;
Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love ?

Question 3 ;

Question 4 ;Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community ?

Question 5;
Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both

Now,Look up Question 1 -5 and compared it with your first response !!!

Why don't u allow the girl to marry who care for her and whom she cared for
God,U hate Yoruba too much and tis quite unnecessary dude !!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by AndreUweh(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
donroxy: Andre Uweh,this is your reply ;

Now, check the bolded of the Op and compared it with the bolded of ur post, and ask urself how much have u helped the Poster :::::: U rained great deal of Insult on someone who asked Genuine Questions as ;

Question 1 ;
Any problem for an Igbo girl to marry Yoruba Dude ?

Question 2 ;
Her people say d marriage can't work becos dey believe igbo to ave the best marriage culture.Am now asking what about love ?

Question 3 ;

Question 4 ;Marrying a particular person from a place does it mean marrying the entire community ?

Question 5;
Pls I will like u people to advice and throw more light concerning the cultures of the both

Now,Look up Question 1 -5 and compared it with your first response !!!

Why don't u allow the girl to marry who care for her and whom she cared for
God,U hate Yoruba too much and tis quite unnecessary dude !!!
You find it difficult to understand my angle. So you expect me to say an Igbo girl should marry a Yoruba. Look am for real, it is not about hate but to stick to what I holistically believe. This is not the first time neither would it be the last. I say no to Yoruba men always looking around Ndigbo for wives. They have to change their women to suit their taste or manage what they have got. Igbo and Yoruba are miles apart and are not same. Why is this reality difficult for people to understand.
My advice to the girl once again is no to Igbo vs yoruba nonsense.
Above all, my sisters who are proud Igbo are not insane to marry Yorubas. No and never.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Andre Uweh:
You find it difficult to understand my angle. So you expect me to say an Igbo girl should marry a Yoruba. Look am for real, it is not about hate but to stick to what I holistically believe. This is not the first time neither would it be the last. I say no to Yoruba men always looking around Ndigbo for wives. They have to change their women to suit their taste or manage what they have got. Igbo and Yoruba are miles apart and are not same. Why is this reality difficult for people to understand.
My advice to the girl once again is no to Igbo vs yoruba nonsense.
Above all, my sisters who are proud Igbo are not insane to marry Yorubas. No and never.
No U aint for real and ur angle is well understood and concieved but the manner with which u shoot your angle is quite wrong !!!

I am not here to change ur perception of Igbo marrying YorubaDude,why would I wanna do that and who are U to determine what an average Igbo girl do with her Life ,(u kno the answer) !!!

Lol grin @ Yorubaman to Change Yoruba woman to suit their taste grin , u re very funny and highly boastful ( typical of a local African-Igboman) :::::::: Atleast,every blessed weekend(Saturday and Sunday) there is marriage in SW/Yoruba of Nigeria in thousands across the region,since u claimed u once based in Ibadan,how many of those marriages are with IgboGirl ?

Just few Igbo/Yoruba relationship lead to the alter and those few are really strong as far as it is not a Taboo in Igbo inherent custom to marry a Yoruba, why are u this bittered !!!

The maximum u would do is keep condemning it :::::::: And More Yoruba Dude shall keep marrying IgboGirl (OtuOcha) !!!!

U re Juts tribalistic,Individualistic and highly selfish, when all the show is limited to Igbo-Race,U would still come up with Type of Igbo whether na Osu or Freeborn , After which u would determine Village,Kinsmen, all in all What u will be satisfying is ur own personal satisfaction not the Girl in question !!!

I am only asking U to save ur self the stress of condemnation/Tribalism,lets all forge ahead with GLOBALISATION !!! Clannish/Individualistic Mentality can not achieve much in this dispensation !!!

And, I am not surprised simply cuz If a whole Race would segregate,victimised and discriminate their fellow tribesmen/compatriot and tagged them ''OSU'' ,Truly, Yoruba would be farther a race

By the way, what have u been doing in Ibadan, cuz if we should advance ur theory to cover not just marriage but other sphere of Life,Ur village is where u should enjoined all ur life grin :::::::

No be LIFE u seek come Yorubaland,and ur sister has decided to seek eternal life with a Yorubaman:::::::: Na same thing Joor !!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Ngodigha1(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
D
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 29, 2013
Ngodigha1: D

Meaning?Dnt u ave anytin to say?
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Rgp92: 7:10am On Jun 29, 2013
Marry who you want. wink
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
ucgirl:

Meaning?Dnt u ave anytin to say?
What do u want him to say ; No be Uweh's brother ,NgodighaKwa smiley
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by lepasharon(f): 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
can u imagine?..so what about a yoruba girl with ibo guy..any crime in that??
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by OneNaira6: 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
The ucgirl, OP, looks like an attention seeker cause she's asked the same question with esan, and another tribe. it's always the same thing too, her sister, her cousin, etc wants to marry blah blah, anything wrong with it? or culture differences? when no one pays mind to her question, she changes the male's ethnicity.

The girl or probably a guy pretending to be a girl looks like an attention seeker to me and una just gave her the attention she seeks

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
^^^ lmao
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2013
One_Naira: The ucgirl, OP, looks like an attention seeker cause she's asked the same question with esan, and another tribe. it's always the same thing too, her sister, her cousin, etc wants to marry blah blah, anything wrong with it? or culture differences? when no one pays mind to her question, she changes the male's ethnicity.

The girl or probably a guy pretending to be a girl looks like an attention seeker to me and una just gave her the attention she seeks

Y d hate?Did nairaland forbid u to create urs?We all came to learn if u dnt ave anyting to contribute scroll read nd learn.Thanks
Re: Igbo Girl Marrying A Yoruba Boy by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 30, 2013
Well I ave been following this topic,I understand that people who r on this forum are quite tribalistic cos most reason given ave not been backed up wit enuf evidences.Finally I will say dat it all depends on individual from what I ave read here.Thanks guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Youruba Names And Their (weird) Direct Funny Meanings. / What Is The Meaning Of The Name ‘Iyunloye’? / The Ibani Kingdoms-Grand Bonny and Opobo first re-unification meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.