Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (7691 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Samxiulee: 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ogbeni Dayo,when it comes to women in YORUBA land,its not hereditary,no family connection,you av heard of Asipa family,Ajiroba,Balogun but not iyalode family or the lesser iyaloja.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by teetee123: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
People should not come here and start saying things they are not sure of. This is not fiction section.
Iyaloja is the 2nd most important female title after Iyalode in yorubaland. Iyalode- head of all the women. Iyaloja - head of the market women.
These titles are NOT HEREDITARY. They are not paternalistic like the main male titles therefore are not passed to descendants .

The war titles- Baloguns and Oloroguns( war chiefs and commanders ) are hereditary and only the direct descendants of the first title holders are entitled to it. So also is the Mogajis( district or sectional heads)- hereditary or people from that area.
There are other titles which are just honorary and not hereditary.

Iyalode and iyaloja are honorary, given at the prerogative of the Oba. He gives an ally who must have helped him financially while he is fighting for the throne. These women are always one of the richest and politically influential and influences major decision such as who becomes the king. They are spiritually powerful women most don't have kids but adopt. ( Awon Iya that can fly in day time). Eg Madam Efunyero Tinubu and , Efunsetan Aniwura (2 Egba women who were the richest in their time and controlled Lagos and Ibadan economy and politics despite being from Abeokuta)

The present Otun iyaloja should be the next to take over (that 2nd ic) while Tinubu daughter can become the new Osi Iyaloja. As in the case of all title, if you are not in good book of the Oba and government no show for you.

I don't believe Tinubu daughter who is likely to be less than 40 years and still menstruating will venture into taking that title now. You will automatically become a member of the Ogbonis. No be small thing to control the old women in those Lagos market and other Iyalojas. It will be like taking Aare Ona Kakanfo title - Automatic death sentence for her.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
teetee123: People should not come here and start saying things they are not sure of. This is not fiction section.
Iyaloja is the 2nd most important female title after Iyalode in yorubaland. Iyalode- head of all the women. Iyaloja - head of the market women.
These titles are NOT HEREDITARY. They are not paternalistic like the main male titles therefore are not passed to descendants .

The war titles- Baloguns and Oloroguns( war chiefs and commanders ) are hereditary and only the direct descendants of the first title holders are entitled to it. So also is the Mogajis( district or sectional heads)- hereditary or people from that area.

Iyalode and iyaloja are honorary, given at the prerogative of the Oba. He gives an ally who must have helped him financially while he is fighting for the throne. These women are always one of the richest and politically influential and influences major decision such as who becomes the king. They are spiritually powerful women most don't have kids but adopt. ( Awon Iya that can fly in day time). Eg Madam Efunyero Tinubu and , Efunsetan Aniwura (2 Egba women who were the richest in their time and controlled Lagos and Ibadan economy and politics despite being from Abeokuta)

The present Otun iyaloja should be the next to take over (that 2nd ic) while Tinubu daughter can become the new Osi Iyaloja. As in the case of all title, if you are not in good book of the Oba and government no show for you.

I don't believe Tinubu daughter who is likely to be less than 40 years and still menstruating will venture into taking that title now. You will automatically become a member of the Ogbonis. No be small thing to control the old women in those Lagos market and other Iyalojas. It will be like taking Aare Ona Kakanfo title - Automatic death sentence for her.
Now i understand better. Since its a traditional thing,can the title be bought over just like other traditional titles bestowed on people?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Yeske2(m): 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
teetee123: People should not come here and start saying things they are not sure of. This is not fiction section.

Please 'told them'. O ti sun mi.
But where is eko iro When you need him to elaborate more on this?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
berem: Now i understand better. Since its a traditional thing,can the title be bought over just like other traditional titles bestowed on people?
You can try to buy it.......But in the end you will find that your life is more important
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
You can try to buy it.......But in the end you will find that your life is more important
O ga o! This is serious! cry
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by nuesaweso(f): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Mynd_44,

I feel your yoruba lingo bro. You only need to pay attention to your apostrophes, they were a bit random lol. Regardless, thumbs up. Wish I could improve my Igbo! Kam Chineke m'eziogu!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
nues aweso: @Mynd_44,

I feel your yoruba lingo bro. You only need to pay attention to your apostrophes, they were a bit random lol. Regardless, thumbs up. Wish I could improve my Igbo! Kam Chineke m'eziogu!
Hapumaka gringrincheesycheesytonguetongue
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Very uncivilized people, these people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by pwettyolly(f): 12:09am On Jun 25, 2013
i think d day we stop been religious and tribal fools in nigeria dat day wil mark d beginning of a new era 4 us i doubt if Mr eko ile is learned and if he is mayb he his a member of a ruling family in lagos oloto or olumegbon cause if nt i see i cee no reason y he will turn tinubu 2 a semi demi god water value as he added 2 ur lyf other than maybe give u 500000 2 start a business wen poverty has finished raiding u (want include your family) stop been an asslicker and 4 once do wat right stand up tall and strong 4 wat is right which is FREEDOM from all our pot belied politicians who are concerned about demselves alone with little or no plan 4 we d masses (note am not in support or gej and am a full blooded yoruba girl just standing 4 d truth cos of mai generations unborn ) let leave a legacy behind

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by EkoIle1: 2:56am On Jun 25, 2013
nues aweso: @Mynd_44,

I feel your yoruba lingo bro. You only need to pay attention to your apostrophes, they were a bit random

Because the bone head is half back and a villager wannabe...
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by donchris999: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2013
Eko ile, you have sold your generations yet unborn to Tinubu. Chaii!
Eko Ile:

Because the bone head is half back and a villager wannabe...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 25, 2013

Iyalode and iyaloja are honorary, given at the prerogative of the Oba. He gives an ally who must have helped him financially while he is fighting for the throne. These women are always one of the richest and politically influential and influences major decision such as who becomes the king. They are spiritually powerful women most don't have kids but adopt. ( Awon Iya that can fly in day time) Eg Madam Efunyero Tinubu and , Efunsetan Aniwura (2 Egba women who were the richest in their time and controlled Lagos and Ibadan economy and politics despite being from Abeokuta)

Hmmmm.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by thelastPope(m): 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Why did this not make the front page? Is it damage control? You mods are funny. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by GenSpecific: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2013
donchris999: Before nko? Op mind your business oo. Tinubu get lagos. Tinubu is the god of the yoruba people. We love Tinubu. Tinubu, infact come and sell we the yoruba people, you are our god. UP ACN! UP APC! UP TINUBU! We love you daddy? We want you to capture aso rock in 2015 so that you can sell the whole nigeria. UP TINUBU THE JARGABAN OF NiGERIA.

mumu
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by smilingjee(m): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2013
Mods, this should have been a front page material!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by casmer: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’?
I dont know when yoruba people we talk to the right direction,money have become our problem,it make most of us lost our right in the society and the community we belong to,they always buy our right with our own money which they stole from the circulation,what we need to known is that money we finish and that post we sale, will remain useful for the buyer,we will now been looking at our right in a distance,HOW CAN IYA OLOYA POST NOW BECOME OYE IDILE? YORUBA RONU OOOOOO,let do thing as he suppose to be pls. embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by casmer: 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=casmer]Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’?
I dont know when yoruba people we talk to the right direction,money have become our problem,it make most of us lost our right in the society and the community we belong to,they always buy our right with our own money which they stole from the circulation,what we need to known is that money we finish and that post we sale, will remain useful for the buyer,we will now been looking at our right in a distance,HOW CAN IYA OLOYA POST NOW BECOME OYE IDILE? YORUBA RONU OOOOOO,let do thing as he suppose to be pls. embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
[/
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Pygru: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nawa ooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista / Don’t Break Nigeria To Break The News —lai Mohammed / Ripples Effect: An Igbo Man Stripped Of Baale Tittle In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.