Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point (1422 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Help Me Make A Decision. / South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
If one has.. lest say about $10,000 of disposable income..Which one would yield better result in terms of return for the $10,000 investment…

1) Invest the money in securing a U.S Visa and go to the U.S and work…overtime...would this yield better result for the individual?

2) Invest the money in a business in Nigeria….given a two year time period for both scenarios..is this better?

All you guys that like to discredit me every time I tell people to leave Nigeria: PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Mr Knowitall.........u seem very funny and sometimes creative with your post, l do agree with some of your submissions but also disagree with some, the issue of travelling abroad is not really for everybody, some people's star can only shine in Nigeria, while some others are programmed to shine abroad, so destiny or what some people will call luck plays alot in determining who succeed and where......The God factor also determines where anybody can shine, although, l know some people don't believe or do deny the existence of a supreme being who works behind the scene in shaping the affairs of this universe he created and all humans that dwell here......so coming back to your question, it depends on the individual,his location,the bizness he or she chooses to invest in plus the God factor, same applies to travelling abroad.......The God factor plays so much in determining where to go or stay to succeed, some people might invest that money in travelling to the US and yet wont succeed......
Mr knowitall.:
If one has.. lest say about $10,000 of disposable income..Which one would yield better result in terms of return for the $10,000 investment…

1) Invest the money in securing a U.S Visa and go to the U.S and work…overtime...would this yield better result for the individual?

2) Invest the money in a business in Nigeria….given a two year time period for both scenarios..is this better?

All you guys that like to discredit me every time I tell people to leave Nigeria: PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @Mr Knowitall.........u seem very funny and sometimes creative with your post, l do agree with some of your submissions but also disagree with some, the issue of travelling abroad is not really for everybody, some people's star can only shine in Nigeria, while some others are programmed to shine abroad, so destiny or what some people will call luck plays alot in determining who succeed and where......The God factor also determines where anybody can shine, although, l know some people don't believe or do deny the existence of a supreme being who works behind the scene in shaping the affairs of this universe he created and all humans that dwell here......so coming back to your question, it depends on the individual,his location,the bizness he or she chooses to invest in plus the God factor, same applies to travelling abroad.......The God factor plays so much in determining where to go or stay to succeed, some people might invest that money in travelling to the US and yet wont succeed......

Interesting point….

But I said from an economist point of view….which really means removing all other variables…such God factor, the

person’s background, his or her location, Education and work experience….if we are strictly talking about return for

investment….which one would yield a better result given a two year time period?
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by texaco1: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
this guy get problems ,i swear.
na by force to travel?ok come put us inside plane ,haba !

1 Like

Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
texaco1: this guy get problems ,i swear.

Why insults? why do you have to be so hyper sensitive? its a strait forward question....
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
The way this travel abroad de sweet you, I know understand. E be like say na visa lottery you win, the lottery just bless your life, thats why you de rant de see yourself as person wey don arrive, cool down nah. No de make am appear like say life for Naija no worth am at all. If na abroad you wan die put, na your choice.

to your question, you made it appear like having 10,000usd only will secure you a visa. remember there are academic qualifications that one need to have to be eligible for any work visa, and of course, your profession must be in high demand.

It's not all about going to Yankee, it's about going and being fulfilled, its all about fulfillment. personally, if I have the opportunity to make end meets in the USA legally with a brighter prospect compare to if I stay in Naija, then why not? yankee sef wey racism, cold, tax, and the feeling of ''I do not belong here''. No be everybody fit tolerate am. cool down abeg

1 Like

Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
dahonestboss: The way this travel abroad de sweet you, I know understand. E be like say na visa lottery you win, the lottery just bless your life, thats why you de rant de see yourself as person wey don arrive, cool down nah. No de make am appear like say life for Naija no worth am at all. If na abroad you wan die put, na your choice.

to your question, you made it appear like having 10,000usd only will secure you a visa. remember there are academic qualifications that one need to have to be eligible for any work visa, and of course, your profession must be in high demand.

It's not all about going to Yankee, it's about going and being fulfilled, its all about fulfillment. personally, if I have the opportunity to make end meets in the USA legally with a brighter prospect compare to if I stay in Naija, then why not? yankee sef wey racism, cold, tax, and the feeling of ''I do not belong here''. No be everybody fit tolerate am. cool down abeg

Cool down? naaah, not anytime soon....You wrote so much but yet you didn’t answer the question.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Cool down? naaah, not anytime soon....You wrote so much but yet you didn’t answer the question.

read my lines well, your question has been answered, and focus on the last paragraph
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by euromoney(f): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
texaco1: this guy get problems ,i swear.
....*falls from pepper tree* you're such a clown
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2013
With the info you give I rather stay and invest it here in Nigeria. After using the 10K to get visa and ticket and I travel to the US...how much am I arriving with? Where am I going to stay? How long would I take to find a job? How much would it pay? Would I be allowed to work overtime? What would my bills be like? How much of my salary would be left after paying all expenses? Would my job be a permanent one? I know I can do real good right here with $10 000.My take.

1 Like

Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 25, 2013
Originalsly: With the info you give I rather stay and invest it here in Nigeria. After using the 10K to get visa and ticket and I travel to the US...how much am I arriving with? Where am I going to stay? How long would I take to find a job? How much would it pay? Would I be allowed to work overtime? What would my bills be like? How much of my salary would be left after paying all expenses? Would my job be a permanent one? I know I can do real good right here with $10 000.My take.
Interesting...but how long will it take to recover the $10,000 if you investment in a business in Nigeria?
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 3:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Interesting...but how long will it take to recover the $10,000 if you investment in a business in Nigeria?
It depends on the business I choose and the level I want to go. I can invest only $500 and easily get $1500 in a month...legit business where the sky is the limit.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Originalsly: It depends on the business I choose and the level I want to go. I can invest only $500 and easily get $1500 in a month...legit business where the sky is the limit.

so you are telling me that you can invest $500 and get $1,500 back within a month?....that is a %200 profit in one

month....the only business i know that can do that well is the pyramid scheme business.....in a normal business if you

invest about $5,000 in a single month...you might make about $5,800-6,000 leaving you about...$800-1,000 in profit..which

is about %16-20.....in that month if you are lucky.....with your calculation i should make $15,000.....I call your

bluff
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

so you are telling me that you can invest $500 and get $1,500 back within a month?....that is a %200 profit in one

month....the only business i know that can do that well is the pyramid scheme business.....in a normal business if you

invest about $5,000 in a single month...you might make about $5,800-6,000 leaving you about...$800-1,000 in profit..which

is about %16-20.....in that month if you are lucky.....with your calculation i should make $15,000.....I call your

bluff
I like that...as far as you know pyramid is the only way! I said legit...pyramid is not. If you can provide a service or supply a much needed commodity and you have no competitor then you can charge whatever you want since there is no alternative for the customer.That is how $500 can easily triple itself on a month....an inexpensive solution to a major problem so many are faced with.Do I know of such a solution? Yes I do...that's why I said what I said.Would I tell you? No.This one I can share as an example. Many people sell shoes...all source from about the same places and prices are within a certain range.They all struggle to make a slight profit but guess what? There is a constant short supply of large sized ladies shoes and far too many women have large sized feet.If I were a shoe seller then that's all I would be selling...increasing my profit margin and having a huge customer base since word would get around.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by texaco1: 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
Originalsly: I like that...as far as you know pyramid is the only way! I said legit...pyramid is not. If you can provide a service or supply a much needed commodity and you have no competitor then you can charge whatever you want since there is no alternative for the customer.That is how $500 can easily triple itself on a month....an inexpensive solution to a major problem so many are faced with.Do I know of such a solution? Yes I do...that's why I said what I said.Would I tell you? No.This one I can share as an example. Many people sell shoes...all source from about the same places and prices are within a certain range.They all struggle to make a slight profit but guess what? There is a constant short supply of large sized ladies shoes and far too many women have large sized feet.If I were a shoe seller then that's all I would be selling...increasing my profit margin and having a huge customer base since word would get around.
i like your guts and idea ,u are just like me .thinking out of the box and been different.pls can i follow u on nl if u wont mind .who knows .business may come
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
texaco1:
i like your guts and idea ,u are just like me .thinking out of the box and been different.pls can i follow u on nl if u wont mind .who knows .business may come
I'm not looking or hoping for business....just come to NL to chill and contribute!When I'm here feel free to link up.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 26, 2013
Originalsly: I like that...as far as you know pyramid is the only way! I said legit...pyramid is not. If you can provide a service or supply a much needed commodity and you have no competitor then you can charge whatever you want since there is no alternative for the customer.That is how $500 can easily triple itself on a month....an inexpensive solution to a major problem so many are faced with.Do I know of such a solution? Yes I do...that's why I said what I said.Would I tell you? No.This one I can share as an example. Many people sell shoes...all source from about the same places and prices are within a certain range.They all struggle to make a slight profit but guess what? There is a constant short supply of large sized ladies shoes and far too many women have large sized feet.If I were a shoe seller then that's all I would be selling...increasing my profit margin and having a huge customer base since word would get around.

your take is interesting..... its possible but its not plausible ...basically you are saying that you can find a niche that

you will have a monopoly in? as far as ladies shoes gos.....I have another theory on why many people arnt selling

them.....with the theory of demand and supply...where there is demand supply is not far behind..... so it could be that

ladies dont want large shoes because they feel embarrassed so they squeeze their feet's into smaller ones
....I have a

feeling that if you stock up on large ladies shoes you will have excess supply because the demand haven't meet the supply

to create an equilibrium....am sorry with a plan like that...you will not get a %200 profit....you might even get a net

lost...try agian
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 3:13am On Jun 26, 2013
@Knowitall....I can see you have a lot of theories in stock!I'm not buying this one you brought to market! I used selling shoes as an example...said the seller can make a greater profit...not a 200% profit.This large size shoe business is not something that just popped up in my head. It came from complaints and requests...then doing footwork ...trying to find such footwear.Then asking the hmmm...big foots and listening to their hunt for matching footwear....just to get their size let alone colour and style.This is demand and there is no supply.That's when I can decide to stock up without fear of my stock not being sold. On women squeezing their feet into smaller sizes...bro...try doing that and I will guarantee that your circulation would cut off and you shall faint.I do see ladies wearing smaller sized slingbacks and sandals...with half their heels overlapping! Think about this...footwear...country of origin and targeted market. Most sellers buy shoes designed for Asians. Their feet are smaller and narrower...the bulk of shoes produced would be to meet their average size. African women feet are much larger and wider.Their large sizes are our average size. The importers go for their average sizes which is more plentiful, stylish and cheaper and that's the reason the hmmmm...ladies with the larger footprints find it so difficult to hmmm...clothe their feet. Having said all this...remember I said if I were a shoe seller!This goes to the topic...I can do far better in Nigeria...so many ways of earning a living.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 3:18am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 26, 2013
Originalsly: @Knowitall....I can see you have a lot of theories in stock!I'm not buying this one you brought to market! I used selling shoes as an example...said the seller can make a greater profit...not a 200% profit.This large size shoe business is not something that just popped up in my head. It came from complaints and requests...then doing footwork ...trying to find such footwear.Then asking the hmmm...big foots and listening to their hunt for matching footwear....just to get their size let alone colour and style.This is demand and there is no supply.That's when I can decide to stock up without fear of my stock not being sold. On women squeezing their feet into smaller sizes...bro...try doing that and I will guarantee that your circulation would cut off and you shall faint.I do see ladies wearing smaller sized slingbacks and sandals...with half their heels overlapping! Think about this...footwear...country of origin and targeted market. Most sellers buy shoes designed for Asians. Their feet are smaller and narrower...the bulk of shoes produced would be to meet their average size. African women feet are much larger and wider.Their large sizes are our average size. The importers go for their average sizes which is more plentiful, stylish and cheaper and that's the reason the hmmmm...ladies with the larger footprints find it so difficult to hmmm...clothe their feet. Having said all this...remember I said if I were a shoe seller!This goes to the topic...I can do far better in Nigeria...so many ways of earning a living.

if this is your example of how your investment will pay better in Nigeria...am not convinced...with this whole shoe

thing.....bigger means more materials which means increase in prices which mean less demand because smaller shoes are

less expensive....I still think the money will be better spent getting a U.S visa...
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by kennybuda: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Your posts are not helping things atll. With 10,000 dollars you dont need American or european visa go for chiness visa mingle yourself with guys local guys who are in to importation from china withing a year you will realize how successfull you will be financialy , Dont travel with 10,000 dollars supringly you end up being illegal imigrant with low wages no one deserve it my advice.
Mr knowitall.:

Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by Originalsly: 11:34am On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

if this is your example of how your investment will pay better in Nigeria...am not convinced...with this whole shoe

thing.....bigger means more materials which means increase in prices which mean less demand because smaller shoes are

less expensive....I still think the money will be better spent getting a U.S visa...
Again...the shoe business was just an example of how one can make a good living.Kennybuda suggested destinarion China which is a far better option than the US because of the reasons he gave.From how you are reasoning I don't think you know the reality in America. I would agree with you if you have $10K to fool around with...but not if that's your everything.
Re: Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point by euromoney(f): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Now I know you're just using this medium to collect and analyze information to increase your understanding on this issue of your Greener abi yellow pasture...and this is what I understand as "Empirical research"..I like your style sha mrknowitfinish!

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Visa Application / Exporting Foodstuff From Nigeria To Other Countries. / MBA In USA. Cost Implications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.