Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People (870 Views)

All The Best Quotes In One Place. Random Quotes And Memes / What Women Should Know About Love By Age 30 / "I Slept With My Best Friend’s Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by babadey(m): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”― Plato

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein smiley

“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?”― Mother Teresa

“I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.”― Martin Luther King Jr.

“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”
― Bob Marley

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”―Holy Bible (love this alot) smiley

“How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live 'em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give 'em.”― Shel Silverstein

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”― Robert Frost

“It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.”― E.M. Forster

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.”― Sophocles

“I do not trust people who don't love themselves and yet tell me, 'I love you.' There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”― Maya Angelou

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”― Vincent van Gogh (among me favorite) wink

“When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”
― Albert Einstein

“The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.”― W. Somerset Maugham

Drop yours too

1 Like

Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
baba dey: “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”― Plato

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein smiley

“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?”― Mother Teresa

“I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.”― Martin Luther King Jr.

“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”
― Bob Marley

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”―Holy Bible (love this alot) smiley

“How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live 'em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give 'em.”― Shel Silverstein

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”― Robert Frost

“It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.”― E.M. Forster

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.”― Sophocles

“I do not trust people who don't love themselves and yet tell me, 'I love you.' There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”― Maya Angelou

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”― Vincent van Gogh (among me favorite) wink

“When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”
― Albert Einstein

“The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.”― W. Somerset Maugham

Drop yours too

Nice!

Mine:

Love conquers all!

1 Like

Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by badmeat(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Money for hand,back for groundlipsrsealed
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by babadey(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chillisauce:

Nice!

Mine:

Love conquers all!

sure dude wink smiley

Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”― Mother Teresa
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by babadey(m): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
bad meat: Money for hand,back for groundlipsrsealed
“A person's a person, no matter how small you're - Dr Seuss smiley
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by Gboliwe: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
I love the Martin Luther's

1 Like

Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by Adufaye(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
Immature love says: 'I love you
because I need you.' Mature love says
'I need you because I love you.'

Gravitation is not responsible for
people falling in love.

Love is a serious mental disease.

Lovers may die, but true love never dies.

The spaces between our fingers were created so
that another person’s fingerscould fill them in.
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by babadey(m): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Adufaye: Immature love says: 'I love you
because I need you.' Mature love says
'I need you because I love you.'

Gravitation is not responsible for
people falling in love.

Love is a serious mental disease.

Lovers may die, but true love never dies.

The spaces between our fingers were created so
that another person’s fingerscould fill them in.

Nice one man.... I love the first quote,is sought of a poem.

Your second quote is by Albert Einstein smiley
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by Henrypraise: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
Love sucks

Love is d game s3x is d goal

A mans love increases wit his state of erection a womans love increases wit d state of d mans pocket
Re: My Best Quotes About Love By Notable People by Adufaye(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
baba dey:

Nice one man.... I love the first quote,is sought of a poem.

Your second quote is by Albert Einstein smiley
yeah

(1) (Reply)

Body Odour Vs Mouth Odour? / 10 Habits That Let You Meet Women / 10 Things A Man Wants In A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.