Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,956 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264689 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2013
Marpol:

Off Aiyepe road. Near the local government secretariat. Can you supply there and can I have your contact? When I need it I will contact you.

The granite is likely to be 30-60 tons and I will also need iron rods
08055545355, 08032887233, info.chekitaut@gmail.com, chekitaut01@live.com
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
@profersor Spyder you open another can of worm, why people pretending as if the don't know that, it's a norm to most of Naija business men and women. Especially those thief's that live in Nigeria. The think by cheating you make them richer, but gist what God pass them all After cheating people God always take it away from them in the way they will never understand by burning their business down crashing their truck, or sanding death. Only God can save us from this dishonest people among us.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Another day to learn is here . . . Teach oh
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kevinsndeobi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
This is very possible, from experience.

I have spent about this amount and what is remaining now is fitting it up.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
This is a real eye opener!
Now a lot of these tipper drivers behaviour begins to make sense...but NEVER again will I fall "mugu".
Indeed spyder has opened a can of worms

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Still getting ready, now we have 6 trips of sharp sand here

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
creating internal beams in some areas of the deck...

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
more decking internal beams done with 16mm rods

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
closing the top of the outer sit-out

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amanikondo: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
well done spyder.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
more rod works

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
amanikondo: well done spyder.

Thank you bros
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
look from the front at the end of works today

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2013
Detailed . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Adedeji250: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2013
@ Spyder, What will be the height of the deck casting or slab? Any recommended height? Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 1:43am On Jul 26, 2013
Looking good as usual. Well done Spyder.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by jerryben12: 3:44am On Jul 26, 2013
Good job
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 26, 2013
spyder880: look from the front at the end of works today
I think that site needs serious housekeeping.
I still marvel at the speed of work, plus you've got dedicated workmen

By the way, where are those hawkers that one usually finds around construction sites?
Abi oga spyder, na "mr biggs" una dey chop for there?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by resurrectn(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Adedeji250: @ Spyder, What will be the height of the deck casting or slab? Any recommended height? Thanks
d height or depth of a slab for a residential building is usually 150mm,however,there may be cause for slight variation. ova 2u boss spyder.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
Watching and learning
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
spyder pls if the arch is not hanged yet can you show us the process of making arch on graound b4 hanging it, thought arch is build up on the building but i can see that ur carpenter is building the box on grand.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Adedeji250: @ Spyder, What will be the height of the deck casting or slab? Any recommended height? Thanks

The building plans I am working with specified 150mm. I am sticking with that.

resurrectn:
d height or depth of a slab for a residential building is usually 150mm,however,there may be cause for slight variation. ova 2u boss spyder.

Yes my Oga, most are done with 150mm but I have seen 125mm ans 175mm in some places.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
clue:
I think that site needs serious housekeeping.
I still marvel at the speed of work, plus you've got dedicated workmen

By the way, where are those hawkers that one usually finds around construction sites?
Abi oga spyder, na "mr biggs" una dey chop for there?

Yes we need better housekeeping, my boy that does that work for 2k went back to rest in Enugu after the lintels and area boys here are asking for 6k to do the same work, I decided to wait for his return on Sunday.

The hawkers are always around to supply lots of refreshments, drinks, snacks, even meals sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
plasgidy: spyder pls if the arch is not hanged yet can you show us the process of making arch on graound b4 hanging it, thought arch is build up on the building but i can see that ur carpenter is building the box on grand.

Oh! the arc is hung and poured, still closed and awaiting the deck beam to be cast on the second beam we placed on top of it.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gottliebglobal(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chekitaut: I deliver granite in Ogombo imagine suppliers come to me asking me where did i get such amount of goods that he has never seen such, he promise never to patronize Ogbere for granite, when it comes to granite and sand, suppliers will rub you of the tonnage, patonise companies that has integrity to protect.
i agree with poster...there are really few trusted suppliers.....my former manager who is also a supplier tried doing that with out 30ton tipper trailer and now he used to work for me. He will load 27 tons and charge customers for 30 tons.
I frowned at this and he thinks i still have oyibo man mentality. We supply the Abuja area with our genuine 30 ton tipper trailer.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Degis(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
gottliebglobal:
i agree with poster...there are really few trusted suppliers.....my former manager who is also a supplier tried doing that with out 30ton tipper trailer and now he used to work for me. He will load 27 tons and charge customers for 30 tons.
I frowned at this and he thinks i still have oyibo man mentality. We supply the Abuja area with our genuine 30 ton tipper trailer.

Please, could you tell us the name and the cost of this Tipper?. I am interested in this line of business
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
spyder880:

Oh! the arc is hung and poured, still closed and awaiting the deck beam to be cast on the second beam we placed on top of it.

ok, ar you going to do another arch on the second floor?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
plasgidy:

ok, ar you going to do another arch on the second floor?

Yes, there are about 8 arcs all on the next floor.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
spyder880:

Yes, there are about 8 arcs all on the next floor.

ok, i will look out for it, cheers for the responds
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Still working, but very slowly these past few days

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
still spreading the decking mat

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
get closer.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.