Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,195 members, 7,860,285 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264681 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by resurrectn(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2013

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn: .

Thank you for the photos.. But which brand is this one? Thanks.

Below is the one we are talking about, that Spyder used in his house recently made by Inosson Group.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by resurrectn(m): 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
The pix above are quite similar 2d ones i got. I'm not too aware of ne particular brand names, I went to the market to get PVC ceilings n I got them after careful observation n negotiation @different stores. U also hv 2buy clips through which the carpenter would fix them as well. i think d clips cost bout N250 each or so.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn: The pix above are quite similar 2d ones i got. I'm not too aware of ne particular brand names, I went to the market to get PVC ceilings n I got them after careful observation n negotiation @different stores. U also hv 2buy clips through which the carpenter would fix them as well. i think d clips cost bout N250 each or so.

Beautiful
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn: The pix above are quite similar 2d ones i got. I'm not too aware of ne particular brand names, I went to the market to get PVC ceilings n I got them after careful observation n negotiation @different stores. U also hv 2buy clips through which the carpenter would fix them as well. i think d clips cost bout N250 each or so.

OK. Thank youi very much. yes, I am aware of the clips.. I just want to make sure my people at home get a good designed one, and I like that of Spyder.. was yours also design or just plain.. Also I will not be interested in white at all.. dust will dirty that quickly. But the price you got it is very nice..Thanks.

@Uncle Fhemmmy, Yes that Spyder PVC I posted is beautiful.. hence I am looking for the same in Lagos. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by resurrectn(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
yea sure dey had designs n they kum in various colors as well.however, white is quite common!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn: yea sure dey had designs n they kum in various colors as well.however, white is quite common!

I thank you for all your honest reply.. I will surely tell my people to keep everything in mind while they shop for the PVC, and price point and colors may also draw them into other brands, I think they all look the same anyway..

Is it possible for you to post a picture of yours after it was installed on the ceilings. Thanks very much.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by resurrectn(m): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
unfortunately i don't hv such pictures. im no longer based in Ibadan.just try to check up on other brands lyk u said,there isn't much diff afterall. i think d amt of gloss makes d price difference tho.(we re not derailin ds topic already i hope)
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn: unfortunately i don't hv such pictures. im no longer based in Ibadan.just try to check up on other brands lyk u said,there isn't much diff afterall. i think d amt of gloss makes d price difference tho.(we re not derailin ds topic already i hope)
Thanks. That's the end of our conversation anyway.. we have exchanged all we needed. Thanks again.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
resurrectn:
Don't wanna sound lyk an itk, but i bought a bundle of 10 pcs for N6,000. The color is white. I got them around February tho......

There are PVC ceiling products that sell for even N5,500.00, I saw them, bought and used such in my house before I got convinced they are of low quality, so I pulled them all down! I cannot remember showing those pictures but yes, the first PVC ceiling I bought for N8,100 per bundle was thrown away after I hated the effect.

I headed back to the market and after careful research, I headed to the Innoson factory site at Emene Industrial complex, met the sales rep in charge of pvc ceiling and had a long chat with him. He directed me to the factory floor to select more colors after I wanted to see more than the samples he had on his walls. They told me they dont sell on retail, so I went to Kenyatta market and got a dealer. He sold me the pvc for N9500 per bundle (if I remember correctly)
The pictures are below.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
I bought two different designs from the Innoson dealer outlet, but this is the one I loved most. I will try and ask around if they have a factory or sales point near Lagos.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is the total cost of decking this house..........

1 TRIPS OF GRANITE CHIPPINGS 2 200,000.00 400,000.00
2 TRIPS OF SAND 5 25,000.00 125,000.00
3 1X12X12 WOOD 350 1,000.00 350,000.00
4 1X9X12 WOOD 12 850.00 10,200.00
5 1X6X12 WOOD 25 500.00 12,500.00
6 1X4X12 WOOD 25 300.00 7,500.00
7 1X7X12 WOOD 18 650.00 11,700.00
8 BAMBOO 57,700.00
9 NAILS AND ACCESSORIES 22,500.00
10 SCAFFOLD WOOD AND LABOUR 12,500.00
11 CEMENT 190 1,650.00 313,500.00
12 LABOUR FOR DINING ARCS 4,000.00
13 ELECTRICAL MATERIALS AND LABOUR 90,000.00
14 2X3X12 WOOD 140 250.00 35,000.00
15 16MM RODS 66 2,300.00 151,800.00
16 12MM RODS 300 1,250.00 375,000.00
17 8MM RODS 20 750.00 15,000.00
18 ROLL OF BINDING WIRE 2.5 15,000.00
19 TRANSPORT AND LOADING 24,500.00
20 2X3X12 WOOD 140 250 35,000.00
21 CARPENTRY LABOUR 110,000.00
22 IRON WORKERS LABOUR 70,000.00
23 CASTING LABOUR + COUNTERS 160,000.00
24 MISCELLANEOUS 50,000.00

TOTAL 2,458,400.00

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
As at now, the total money spent building this house stands at

FOUNDATION AND GERMAN FLOOR = N3,400,000.00
FIRST FLOOR WALLING = N1,420,000.00
DECKING SLAB = N2,458,400.00

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ogaibe1(m): 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
spyder880: As at now, the total money spent building this house stands at

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00
Spyder so you ve spent roughly over $45,000 dollars so far on this project, am loving it on how your able to break down the cost of these materials and labor. This is quite helpful when budgeting to build a duplex. I also think it will help the people who are ready to build but has no rough estimate. You are doing us justice, well done and keep it up. I spoke to you already and i will soon be next in line.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
spyder880:

There are PVC ceiling products that sell for even N5,500.00, I saw them, bought and used such in my house before I got convinced they are of low quality, so I pulled them all down! I cannot remember showing those pictures but yes, the first PVC ceiling I bought for N8,100 per bundle was thrown away after I hated the effect.

I headed back to the market and after careful research, I headed to the Innoson factory site at Emene Industrial complex, met the sales rep in charge of pvc ceiling and had a long chat with him. He directed me to the factory floor to select more colors after I wanted to see more than the samples he had on his walls. They told me they dont sell on retail, so I went to Kenyatta market and got a dealer. He sold me the pvc for N9500 per bundle (if I remember correctly)
The pictures are below.

I remembered when you mentioned like this in your earlier post.. Looking at those colors you have, I fell in love with it. I even emailed Inosson Group but no reply from them and their emails were returned undelivered. But I will send my brother in Lagos to their office in Lagos, which I obtained from their website, to go and obtain their dealer list around Lagos and we can go from there.. I love that greenish color.. and the cost is not bad even at N9,500-N10,000 for the bundles of 10pieces. I am sure there are different quality even though they all look alike.
I will surely appreciate it if you can obtain their dealer list around Lagos for me there too.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
spyder880: I bought two different designs from the Innoson dealer outlet, but this is the one I loved most. I will try and ask around if they have a factory or sales point near Lagos.

This is the greenish color that makes me love this ceiling PVC. I will surely look for it.. and probably the silver color too.
Thank you Spyder, you are an angel. I will sure appreciate you asking your dealer there for the sales point in Lagos.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
Build at ease with Chekitaut Nig & Co.
Granite, Cement, Shape Sand, Filling, Plastering sand, Iron rod, Woods(Concrete & Roofing), Aluminum works(Windows & Roofing), Nail, Binding wire.

Our record in Quarry as at 31st of July, 2013
CNC, Orile Quarry = 10540tons
S&G, Abeokuta Quarry = 6231.54tons
Aberu Quarry= 5010.66tons
Paramount Quarry=2105.87tons

Our record speak for us...non-stopping still counting.

We will continue to serve you better.
Buy 120tons of Granite @N1,980/ton and get 15tons free.
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
ogaibe1:
Spyder so you ve spent roughly over $45,000 dollars so far on this project, am loving it on how your able to break down the cost of these materials and labor. This is quite helpful when budgeting to build a duplex. I also think it will help the people who are ready to build but has no rough estimate. You are doing us justice, well done and keep it up. I spoke to you already and i will soon be next in line.

Thank you sir, tomorrow is the date, I will be there.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
mufutau55:

This is the greenish color that makes me love this ceiling PVC. I will surely look for it.. and probably the silver color too.
Thank you Spyder, you are an angel. I will sure appreciate you asking your dealer there for the sales point in Lagos.

Hajji Mufutau

Don't worry my friend, I will ask somebody before the weekend runs out. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2013

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00

Oga Spyder, you are doing very well on this project.. I sure hope I was the Client.
The cost is this much because of that unforeseen Foundation and German Floor.. in your previous buildings
you never spend this much for that alone.. But I love the modifications to the foundations.. safer is better
than sorry and I am sure the Client will understand the situation. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the Decking breakdown.. you know I needed that.. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by diordaves(m): 1:16am On Aug 02, 2013
Spyder880 well done. You are really doing good. Your decking cost profile is really decent. Keep with the good work.

Going forward with God's blessing for your next decking job; instead of buying planks and wood and employing the services of a carpenter to install and bring down the formwork; it could be advantageous to explore the services of those hiring out panels for decking. They are normally responsible for installing and dismantling ALL formwork which includes carpentry labour all for about 400K. If you had adopted this option; you MAY have saved close on for 200K. I normally use this option.

For the foundation; you could not have done any better. When I saw the height of the foundation I knew immediately you were in "trouble" with backfilling cost. One could spend well over 500k just to sand-fill such foundation. Yes the soil structure took you by surprise but I must say you adjusted well.

Lesson to be learnt: always give your cost estimate subject to soil condition. It's well.

But again; for the options you adopted; your cost profile is envious. Keep at being the man you are. God Bless.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:52am On Aug 02, 2013
Awesome
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by chinosxl(m): 2:28am On Aug 02, 2013

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00

Well done my oga.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by chinosxl(m): 2:34am On Aug 02, 2013
diordaves: Spyder880 well done. You are really doing good. Your decking cost profile is really decent. Keep with the good work.

Going forward with God's blessing for your next decking job; instead of buying planks and wood and employing the services of a carpenter to install and bring down the formwork; it could be advantageous to explore the services of those hiring out panels for decking. They are normally responsible for installing and dismantling ALL formwork which includes carpentry labour all for about 400K. If you had adopted this option; you MAY have saved close on for 200K. I normally use this option.

For the foundation; you could not have done any better. When I saw the height of the foundation I knew immediately you were in "trouble" with backfilling cost. One could spend well over 500k just to sand-fill such foundation. Yes the soil structure took you by surprise but I must say you adjusted well.

Lesson to be learnt: always give your cost estimate subject to soil condition. It's well.

But again; for the options you adopted; your cost profile is envious. Keep at being the man you are. God Bless.

Interesting. Is this available everywhere or at least in P/H?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chizzy123(f): 4:39am On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks a lot for this post. I have been waiting for it. Pls can you also send a breakdown of the foundation/german floor and 1st floor walling. Thanks a lot.

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:19am On Aug 02, 2013
diordaves: Spyder880 well done. You are really doing good. Your decking cost profile is really decent. Keep with the good work.

Thank you Sir, your words always come in like a shinning light in a dark room, I will explore that option soon.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 5:44am On Aug 02, 2013

I used the same option you mentioned here two years ago. I paid about N250k if I recall very well for everything. Plank, bamboo, nail, labour, and they came back after two or three weeks to tear down and carry their stuff. My initial estimate was close to 550/600k to buy mine and labour. This was in Lagos by the way.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ashaju33: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2013
This option is cheaper, i like it
prince_onx:
I used the same option you mentioned here two years ago. I paid about N250k if I recall very well for everything. Plank, bamboo, nail, labour, and they came back after two or three weeks to tear down and carry their stuff. My initial estimate was close to 550/600k to buy mine and labour. This was in Lagos by the way.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2013

A cheaper alternative would be to invest in marine plywood. That's what I'm doing now.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
prince_onx:

@Prince_onx. I hope you still have their information.. I am almost at that stage with my Duplex, and I can use their service..
This will be in Sango-Otta, which I beleive will fall in Lagos environ, if you don't mind passing it around. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by pcole: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
wow....watching this thread with a keen eye
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by VIPICO(m): 2:04am On Aug 03, 2013

TOTAL N 7,298,400.00

So if we speculate the next floor walling to gulp 1.5M, it will amount up to about 8.8M, without roofing.
Parapet never join o!
I see why everyone was screaming Impossibility! at the initial estimate.
I know that that soil type really shuffled feathers.

But wait o. We wey pocket no deep go fit build betta duplex wey dey hungry us so?
Ultimately Spydo, you have really tried. Bravo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.