Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? (3744 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / Why Do Muslim Guys Prefer To Date Christians Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2013
Am a Christian, thou i believe which ever way a man chooses to worship God is not anybody's business, but I'll like my fellow Nairalanders to help me understand "WHY MUSLIM(ladies) WEAR MASK".

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by kennybelle: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Even in d NYSC uniform? Reserve my comments
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by mahdino: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
write2obi: Am a Christian, thou i believe which ever way a man chooses to worship God is not anybody's business, but I'll like my fellow Nairalanders to help me understand "WHY MUSLIM(ladies) WEAR MASK".
You see Islam is a pratical religion, it forbids u from evil and show u how u can stay away from temtation.
Although covering the face is not compulsory but optional. one can be a very good muslim even without wearing the mask.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by frank317: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
mahdino:
You see Islam is a pratical religion, it forbids u from evil and show u how u can stay away from temtation.
Although covering the face is not compulsory but optional. one can be a very good muslim even without wearing the mask.

Why do muslim ladies wear mask? How can mask forbid u from temptation. Will mask stop u from lying? Is the only tempation u know related to sex? Theives wear mask too
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthislight: 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
frank3.16:

Why do muslim ladies wear mask? How can mask forbid u from temptation. Will mask stop u from lying? Is the only tempation u know related to sex? Theives wear mask too

The slightest opurtunity those women have to be close to another man not their husband they fall like a pack of cards, though married.

Its obvious that in this religion sex and its related matters thereof are over emphasis.

Why ?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
truthislight:

This men love women/sex too much that they will do anything for their urges in the name of religion.

Their god always carter for their sexual urges more than anything else it seems.

Oh! especially that of the men, while the women are mare sex commodities in servitude.
by " this men" who exactly are you referring to?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 10:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
mahdino:
the question is why they cover Their face? I'll like to knw the real reason behind the face covering?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
write2obi: the question is why they cover Their face? I'll like to knw the real reason behind the face covering?

they are trying to prevent fornication/adultery. trying to fight sin with the power of the flesh, which is impossible. i tell you they are not free from what they are trying to prevent.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 12:35am On Jun 27, 2013
truthman2012:

they are trying to prevent fornication/adultery. trying to fight sin with the power of the flesh, which is impossible. i tell you they are not free from what they are trying to prevent.
how do covering of face prevent fornication? undecided
truthman2012:

how do covering of face prevent fornication?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by greetings(f): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2013
If you look at history, to ancient civilizations, you will find that women were the oppressed people. They had no individual merit. The Babylonians used to punish the woman for her husband's mistakes. The ancient Egyptians did the same. Ancient Arabs buried their newly born daughters.

It was Islam that uplifted the status of women. It gave women rights they never had before. Surah Nissah exhorts believing men to lower their gaze if a lady is passing by. (because she is to be RESPECTED) Similarly, there are exhortations for women to lower their gaze if strange men are around. The Quran also speaks about the hijab for men and women to protect the modesty. The hijab for men is to cover their bodies minimally from their navel to the knees. The hijab for women is to cover their whole bodies except for their faces and hands below their wrists. There are descriptions for a female hijab, that it should cover the endowments including head, not be tight, not be transparent, not be like the clothes of non-believers, and not be like the clothes of the other gender, etc. Women got the right to own, inherit property, and to dispose it of at will.

Let me ask you a question: Suppose two identical twin sisters are walking down a street, and one of them is dressed in revealing clothing, while the other one is wearing a hijab. Who will be boys in the street whistle at or tease: the one who is scantily dressed in a mini-skirt, or the one who is modestly attired? The answer is obvious. The hijab is designed to prevent women from being molested. It brings peace to society and prevents mischief.
You would agree with me that men are attracted to women mostly because of what they see.sometimes could be just the eyes or even the gap between the teeth,confirming that all parts of woman's body is her awrah (unclothedness). What the woman above is wearing is called burqa or niqab. It is a cover for her unclothedness and she chose to obey Allah,she used the freewill given to her in the right way. She wasn't forced.
As Shifaa bint Abdullahi was appointed by Umar (ra) as officer in charge of marketplace and most likely the first woman to hold a public office in makkah.Islam gave her those rights even when she was previously subjugated.
Lastly,you asked why Muslim women cover with masks the answer is above. And i hope it answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2013
write2obi: how do covering of face prevent fornication? undecided how do covering of face prevent fornication?

It does to an extent but not completely. The sinful nature of their men can not afford to see a woman's body without wanting to do...... So the women have to cover. The 'prophet' saw Zynab (Zaid's wife) combing her hair alone and that caused him to fall in love for her, which Allah eventually had to approve.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
truthman2012:

It does to an extent but not completely. The sinful nature of their men can not afford to see a woman's body without wanting to do...... So the women have to cover. The 'prophet' saw Zynab (Zaid's wife) combing her hair alone and that caused him to fall in love for her, which Allah eventually had to approve.
i think you are right, are u a Muslim?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
write2obi: i think you are right, are u a Muslim?

I'm a Christian.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by manmacho: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2013
truthman2012:

are you joking; allah approve another man's wife for the prophet!!!!! somebody please clarify this
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2013
manmacho:

are you joking; allah approve another man's wife for the prophet!!!!! somebody please clarify this

Yes na.

[Quran 33:37] And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and AND YOU FEARED MEN, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah's command shall be performed.

Muhammad was first afraid of carrying out his intention but allah gave him all the courage he needed.

From thenceforth, muslims can marry the wife of their adopted sons.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by deols(f): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
@truthman, not only are you marvelling in ignorance, you are also bringing others into it. I am really sorry for you.

The reasons for the hijab are clearly stated in Islam. one of which is modesty. It is also a way of Muslims identifying each other and is a show of obedience to Allah.

It is not possible that anyone would lust after a woman well covered like those in the picture above. It allows for the purity of tje soul.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by deols(f): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
manmacho:

Divorce is allowed in Islam. After zaid divorced his wife, the prophet married her.

Note that Zaid was a slave of the prophet whom the prophet adopted.

A biological son is not the same as an adopted one. How uneasy is that for anyone to understand.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by write2obi(m): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2013
deols:

Divorce is allowed in Islam. After zaid divorced his wife, the prophet married her.

A biological son is not the same as an adopted one. How uneasy is that for anyone to understand.
i think we do now, me for one don't really think it should be "for better for worse"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2013
deols:

You didn't tell us what led Zaid to divorce his wife.

An adopted son has become a close relation by reason of adoption. It is even wrong moraly to marry a woman divorced by a friend talkless, an adopted son.

When he ('prophet') wanted to marry Aisha too at age six, he had a dream to marry a child with whom they had become a family with her parents.

What do you say about sleeping with slave women (Quran 23:5-7). Were there no slave women in the times of the true prophets of God? Why was such advice not given by the true God?

There is something characteristic of the Devil: sexual immorality. I heard that in some secret cults, members sleep with women in the presence of others when being promoted. I also read that in some secret cults, it is sexual orgy after meeting.

One of and biggest enjoyments the Devil gives his servants is sexual practice. The more perversed it is, the more enjoyable for those involved. He knows it displeases God so much.

What do you think is the reason for 72 virgins (Houris) in the 'prophet's paradise? It is his lord's gifts to all his faithfuls. It is all about sex, sex, sex even in paradise.

Keep thinking about it with sincerity of heart. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by ParisLove1: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
greetings: Ancient Arabs buried their newly born daughters.

It was Islam that uplifted the status of women.

Ancient Arabs may have practiced infanticide but it wasn't common. How come they were able to marry up to 9 wives if they buried their newly born daughters till mo arrived and saved the day?
It gave women rights they never had before.
Like?

Surah Nissah exhorts believing men to lower their gaze if a lady is passing by. (because she is to be RESPECTED) Similarly, there are exhortations for women to lower their gaze if strange men are around. The Quran also speaks about the hijab for men and women to protect the modesty. The hijab for men is to cover their bodies minimally from their navel to the knees. The hijab for women is to cover their whole bodies except for their faces and hands below their wrists. There are descriptions for a female hijab, that it should cover the endowments including head, not be tight, not be transparent, not be like the clothes of non-believers, and not be like the clothes of the other gender, etc.

Why do men get to cover 'minimally'? Your so called modesty is not expected of them?

Women got the right to own, inherit property, and to dispose it of at will.

Rights they previously lacked?

Let me ask you a question: Suppose two identical twin sisters are walking down a street, and one of them is dressed in revealing clothing, while the other one is wearing a hijab. Who will be boys in the street whistle at or tease: the one who is scantily dressed in a mini-skirt, or the one who is modestly attired? The answer is obvious. The hijab is designed to prevent women from being molested. It brings peace to society and prevents mischief.

Masha allah, muslims are finally catching up with modern technology. So they've started producing armoured hijabs that prevent molestation? If i get you right, women bring moslestation on themselves because what they're wearing? Contrary to your arguement that hijab prevents sexual harrassment, its not the case in Egypt a muslim majority country.

The day I met Marwa, she was wearing a long headscarf pinned like a wimple under her chin, and a loose flowing dress with long sleeves over baggy trousers.
But dressing conservatively is no longer a protection, according to Dina Farid of the campaign group Egypt's Girls are a Red Line.
She says even women who wear the full-face veil - the niqab - are being targeted.
"It does not make a difference at all. Most of Egyptian ladies are veiled [with a headscarf] and most of them have experienced sexual harassment.
"Statistics say that most of the women or girls who have been sexually harassed have been veiled or completely covered up with the niqab."
http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19440656

You would agree with me that men are attracted to women mostly because of what they see.sometimes could be just the eyes or even the gap between the teeth,confirming that all parts of woman's body is her awrah (unclothedness).

You don't think it's demeaning and perverted to see all parts of woman's body as nákedness?

As Shifaa bint Abdullahi was appointed by Umar (ra) as officer in charge of marketplace and most likely the first woman to hold a public office in makkah.Islam gave her those rights even when she was previously subjugated.

Lets take for Khadijah example, prior to marring Muhammad was a business woman who had made a fortune running her own trading business and who had many men at her service. Can women succeed in any Islamic country the way Khadijah succeeded in a pagan society? Was there a single woman after Khadijah in any Islamic country during these 1400 years that has rivaled her success? The answer is no! Doesn’t this prove that there are fewer opportunities in Islamic world for women than what Khadijah had in a pagan world? Apparently, the closest we've come is Ms Shiffa who was appointed officer in charge of marketplace.

Lastly,you asked why Muslim women cover with masks the answer is above. And i hope it answers your question.
As it turns out they were pretty lame
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by deols(f): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
truthman2012:

You didn't tell us what led Zaid to divorce his wife.

An adopted son has become a close relation by reason of adoption. It is even wrong moraly to marry a woman divorced by a friend talkless, an adopted son.

When he ('prophet') wanted to marry Aisha too at age six, he had a dream to marry a child with whom they had become a family with her parents.

What do you say about sleeping with slave women (Quran 23:5-7). Were there no slave women in the times of the true prophets of God? Why was such advice not given by the true God?

There is something characteristic of the Devil: sexual immorality. I heard that in some secret cults, members sleep with women in the presence of others when being promoted. I also read that in some secret cults, it is sexual orgy after meeting.

One of and biggest enjoyments the Devil gives his servants is sexual practice. The more perversed it is, the more enjoyable for those involved. He knows it displeases God so much.

What do you think is the reason for 72 virgins (Houris) in the 'prophet's paradise? It is his lord's gifts to all his faithfuls. It is all about sex, sex, sex even in paradise.

Keep thinking about it with sincerity of heart. Shalom.

I already mentioned your love for swimming in ignorance. I'll most probably not reply you any longer.You are not here to reason but to try and cloud other people's judgement.

Your idea of morality is no business of oura and you can not shove it down our throats.

Listen and listen well!!!.

in Islam, an adopted son is not same as a biological son. He is simply a brother in Islam. A friend'a child is not yours and she, you can marry.

No one needs you to agree with any of these. It is what Islam says. You are not to judge Islam by your own thoughts or perception of morality. Yours is faulty and can not be accepted.

It happens all the time that adopted siblings end up marrying each other. Islam gives you the best of these things and doesnt give you unnecessary limitations.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? by truthman2012(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
deols:

I already mentioned your love for swimming in ignorance. I'll most probably not reply you any longer.You are not here to reason but to try and cloud other people's judgement.

Your idea of morality is no business of oura and you can not shove it down our throats.

Listen and listen well!!!.

in Islam, an adopted son is not same as a biological son. He is simply a brother in Islam. A friend'a child is not yours and she, you can marry.

No one needs you to agree with any of these. It is what Islam says. You are not to judge Islam by your own thoughts or perception of morality. Yours is faulty and can not be accepted.

It happens all the time that adopted siblings end up marrying each other. Islam gives you the best of these things and doesnt give you unnecessary limitations.

Islam must be viewed in the light of the standard of the Holy God. Not every spirit is from the true God, who is an Holy One.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Kafir? / Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? / Common Ramadan Questions and Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.