Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m (36799 Views)

Photo: Woman Who Drugs Her Lover And Steals His $1.5m / We Received N12m Ransom From Kidnap Of Okonjo-iweala’s Mother – Suspect / Man Breaks Spinal Cord Fighting Over A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 25, 2013
A security man and employee of First Bank Nigeria Plc, Jibowu Branch, Seyi Jaiyeola, is standing trial at a magistrate's court in Ebute Meta for allegedly breaking the company's automated teller machine and stealing a sum of N12, 533,900.

The bank's branch Service Manager, Mr. Kayode Aiyewunmi, who gave evidence in court, said Jaiyeola was on a N20, 000 monthly pay and was a member of the Odua People's Congress.

He said the company had observed that one of the bank's four ATMs was having a reconciliation problem and had employed the service of an expert to help unravel mysterious disappearances of money.

Aiyewunmi said, "We discovered that there was always a shortage of cash in the machine.

"Despite our reconciliation efforts, the ATM was still having problems and we engaged the service of an expert who submitted his report and said the machine did not have any reconciliation issue.

"He said somebody was breaking into the machine in the middle of the night to steal the cash.

"I reported the matter to my boss, who said I should conduct an investigation into the matter. "When the last breakage happened, we went to play back the branch's CCTV, and we now saw Jaiyeola in the middle of the night, opening the window at the back of my office. There's a control panel which controls the security door, which he touched. So, the CCTV stopped."

He said it was at that point the company concluded he was the brain behind the theft.

He said after the matter was reported at the Onipanu Police station, and the accused was arrested, he led them to his house, where he allegedly confessed to the crime.

Aiyewunmi said, "When we got to his house for a search, we recovered N243,945 cash. The police then asked him what else he did with the money. He said he bought a car, which was parked at the house there, a Toyota Corolla. Then we recovered a new generator. He also took the police to the building he was constructing which was near completion." He said after recovering the item, First Bank transferred the matter to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.

Jaiyeola was arraigned on a five counts of fraud and stealing and was subsequently granted bail in the sum of N1m with two sureties in like sum.

The prosecution counsel, Mr. Ishola Samuel, asked for an adjournment to help source some legal citations.

The magistrate, Mrs. M.O Tanimola, adjourned the matter till July 15.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/security-man-breaks-atm-steals-n12m/

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Didn't he know that CCTV be watching him? crap

2 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by johnshagb(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2013
sam4xadams: Didn't he know that CCTV be watching him? crap

Are you blaming him for getting caught?

7 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 25, 2013
It's good he got caught

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by mekaboy(m): 11:14am On Jun 25, 2013
na wa oo, security man dey buy cars build house when branch manager never build finish. u see what greed can cause, he could not resign and relocate, he kept stealing.

8 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by abagoro(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2013
This security man was too ambitious. I have no pity for thieves

3 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Linoversace: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2013
...He should have known better.A security man on a N20,000 monthly pay driving a Toyota Corolla grin grin

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Expensive72(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2013
This guy is the most dumb thief, u stole such amount & still remained in the town, doing what?...........I'm not in support of him though

13 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Expensive72: This guy is the most dumb thief, u stole such amount & still remained in the town, doing what?...........I'm not in support of him though
Thank God his caught
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by ichommy(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Film
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Afroconnect: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
NEMESIS CAUGHT UP WITH THE MUMU...what is he doing working as a security guard-oh,he taught he wont be caught...lol
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
sam4xadams: Didn't he know that CCTV be watching him? crap
dat CCTV na the only reason u no later follow ur frend..i knw u warned him

2 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
There is need for cctv for all ATM points in Nigeria. The Nigerian security system is a sham though.
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by ezedolar: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
A hungry man is an angry man
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by xGun: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
Very dull boy
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Dull security man. Dullapo

3 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
[size=32pt]WE NEED NATIONAL TEMPLE IN ABUJA![/size] angry

[img]http://www.horizonsquilting.ca/images/african_shrine.jpg[/img]
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by verbes007: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
All I can say is 'WOW'.

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by WukedP(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
he stole 12million and they are granting him bail of 1million, i tink dats gud bizness, anyways i dnt know how d jury operates n this sence, bt dat guy greedy die.....

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by WukedP(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=32pt]WE NEED NATIONAL TEMPLE IN ABUJA![/size] angry

[img]http://www.horizonsquilting.ca/images/african_shrine.jpg[/img]
Demons on rampage, end time tins.....

6 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by koolet: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
The bank is fckin 2 loose, same 2 the security man`s brain... 12mula?? Wtf?
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
If a trained securityman could so this,then we are really walking on a time bomb in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Blaady thief!
he was dumb to the point of 4geting the CCTV.
Last Bullet: All day is for the thief, 1 day is for the owner.
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by tomsongz(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
I would love 2 represent dis guy c beta case...did dey c him wit da money? Nat enof evidence
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Expensive72: This guy is the most dumb thief, u stole such amount & still remained in the town, doing what?...........I'm not in support of him though
I guess u didn't read the post, he stole bit by bit, not once.

Its nothing...
No be today...
Thieves will always dey
Infact they have deyed
Over to the law...
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by wandeay: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fast guy no be thief, they should employ him to SSS to help them in investigating cyber crimes, lol
Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by johnwizey: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sharp guy.......ℓ̊ feel uя swag. No mind sum useless NL wey go condemn u o. If our oga at the top dey embezzle our money, den d followers no go dull na. Leadership by example BTW wu go collet dat 1milla dem use bail u,government or DPO

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by SlyIg(f): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
Corrrrreeeeccccttttttttt...

1 Like

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by ravensckar(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ehhhhh! Ehhhhhh! *sings* e get plenty plenty tinz wey no suppose to happen 4ds lyf, plenty plenty tinz, plenty plenty nonsense.... *singing stops* OPC Man,stealing under d full surveillance of a CCTV? O boy dt one na sophisticated criminal o! Tua Sir(Respect)

4 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by SlyIg(f): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
You pay a strong and hard working man just 20k to watch over millions worth of cash? SMH...

23 Likes

Re: Security Man Breaks ATM, Steals N12m by Policewoman(f): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$75,000 Gold Ring Recovered From Evans' Mansion By Police / Two Burglars Caught In Ikorodu, Stripped Completely Unclad (photos) / Osmond Eweka Who 'Scammed Job Seekers' In New York Beg Court To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.