Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Detox Foods You Should Start Eating - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Detox Foods You Should Start Eating (39580 Views)

Six Best Detox Foods You Should Start Eating / Reasons You Should Start Eating Pineapple / 14 Reasons You Should Start Eating Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Buhari1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Provie: Is this wrte-up meant for Naija land? Need 2 b shown dis Sunflower, Cranberry & Lentils stuff in d friut market on the next street.

U can get broccoli at alaba international market.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by bukatyne(f): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
lastpage:

Try "Ijebu" Garri, soak in icy/cold water (on a hot Sunday afternoon), dabble enough roasted Peanuts/Groundnuts on it, put a little Sugar to 'season' .....finally, to completely detox without reverse, grin grin

Gather a small bowl of Beans with a lot of the water used to cook the beans (better if the beans is mashed a bit, dont use Ewa Agoin ...that one is over-matched!).

Settle Down on your best Mat and walahi,.....

By the time you finish, DETOX is your second name. wink wink kiss kiss

Lastpage!

Trust me on this one, l have been doing it in the forty-plus years ..and you need to see me in person to beleive l am completely "detox" like a fine-boy! shocked shocked

Emmm oga Lastpage, does it only work on sundays?
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
pheesayor:
Really need where I can get celery around festac/amuwo to complete my Joe Kross juice fast recipe

not sure, those pictures are from northern markets and abuja. Save for the lagos ones which had cabbage but no celery.

you can probably try green onions, i think those are available in nigeria.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lakayanah: Water the best detoxifying agent is omitted from the list and water used in washing bitter leave it goes in to completely clean your system. Plenty of leafy vegetables and and our local fruits that are in season. Oyinbo fruits and vegetables recognizes only oyinbo belle.

true that.

water used in washing bitter leave it goes in to completely clean your system

i've heard of that too, but the bitterness would make it very difficult to ingest without gagging.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by oggy005(f): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=kiyosaki1]Which village u dey stay ? You can get all these from shoprite or any India or lebanese supermarkets[/qutel
tell him..... cheesy
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Cabbage, I know; lemon, I know; garlic, I know; grapefruit, I know; but avocado? cranberry? lentils? sunflower seed? na for book I dey see pisho...
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Avocado is very common in nigeria.

I ate it all the time when i was there, we sometimes eat it with rice, other times with salt.

Sesame seed is also common in the north.

So, the only strange items on the list are cranberries, beet and broccoli.

And like i said, broccoli can be substituted by thick green vegetables.

Lentils are more or less just beans in water with the skin removed. The water ratio should be high and thats it.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
avocado

Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by tpia5: 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
as for sunflower seeds, we have sunflowers but we dont eat the seeds, back home.

maybe they're exported or turned into oil, dunno.

could also be they're only grown for decoration, not commercial purposes.

**yes, i originally mixed up sesame seeds with sunflowers**
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by selwiz: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
yeah avocado is popular and even in season now but lentils? naa, i have recipes i got from food network that requires lentiles and i always wonder when i will see it. lets stick to the ones we have here,they are more than enough esp cabbage,lemon and avocado
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Miaasa: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Great list! Fruit & vegetables. Food straight from the Creator & nature. Best for our health! I make my pepper soup with lentils, they contain more protein & iron than meat and very very tasty with Gari. Broccoli is another one that's tasty for pepper soup: It soaks up all the flavour and when you bite into it...it's so juicy!!! I love Avocado: and thank-you for pointing out the gluthiathone - this is very important - especially for us with our highest rate of sickle cell. This is the missing amino acid that aggravates Sickle diseases.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by uzoo: 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'm about to do a detox and it will be for a few days ,

Here's what i'll be using http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/

This detox also helps in shedding a few pounds on a short term period.
Re: Detox Foods You Should Start Eating by Chydobe: 2:05am On Dec 24, 2017
The Christmas and New year festivals have always been a great time friends, relations and family look forward to celebrating. The period comes with lost of dinning and feasting, therefore, to be able to keep up with the merriment, their is absolute need to detox your body. There are lots of ways to detox your body naturally.

Click on link below to continue reading

http://www.newzified.com/detox-your-body-how-to-detox-your-body-this-festive-season/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend's Sister's Hand Has Strange Bacteria Infection (Photos) / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Texas Woman Becomes Pregnant While Being Pregnant, Gives Birth To Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.