Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles (10053 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials / FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by MrAboki: 11:29am On Jun 26, 2013
Nigga Stop the car... angry Back the fuuuccck up!! Is that Rochas I see looking like a Masquerade or is that a Chieftancy title I see on the nigga neck and Hand?! shocked shocked shocked

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by tawa89(f): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2013
thelastPope:

You people must think the many readers on here are as daft as you and cant see that you have turned every thread into politics. When you get likes from your fellow ACN peeps, maybe it gives you a false impression that the whole Nigeria is agreeing with you. What in the world is the correlation between the topic and what you just posted. You sound very childish and petty and it is even worse that you dont even seem to realise it and in your childlike mind, you are making sense. SMH for you!
WOW! See gobe!! It gives me joy anytime someone reminds a tout that he is nothing but an inconsequential tout. No1 takes that dude serious here.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by CrimzP(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2013
Is that now the problem of our country? Hmmm.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by MrAboki: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2013
heeey!! Is that Gov. Theo Orji I see there?! WTF is he getting a title for?! CHief DO NOTHING or what?!

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by chitexinter: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2013
Yes, it will stop some government officials to make use of our money to pay for the chieftaincy tittle and award giving to them.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by klasiknonie(f): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2013
Waiting to hear wen d FG wil ban academic strikes..... So tired f stayin @hme
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
bad meat: Just block all the loop holes they use to steal money,and watch out if any of them will go for any title
This is the problem of today's government, instead of treating the sickness, they treat the symptoms.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by Mopolchi: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wetin civil servants de do with chieftancy? I think say they de talk say they no get money. I be like say money don de for civil servant job. Okay, civil servant job here I come, make I gather money become chief sharp sharp. grin grin grin
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
this ban only affects the Federal civil servants, not those under state government.
You people should read well before commenting.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by Amodemaja: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
HOLY GHOOOST FIREEEEE!!! Consume them. Bunch of irresponsible rulers not leaving by example they want to be everything possible to distinguish themselves but don't want anybody to have what they have. Look at these suppose leaders cladding themselves in mockery garments, brandishing certificate of shametaincy title. Those tradition rulers too they have relegated themselves to level of bribing the politicians for the crumbs from their tables. That is why many of the traditional ruler lost their values & worth. Just look at the way Oba of Binin handled Edo governor election matter with GEJ when he went there. This is a king that is worth his salt, not influenced nor intimidated by anyone irrespective of who you are. These traditional rulers should respect themselves & stop throwing titles around on unworthy people. They should know that these polithiefcians have 4/8 yrs term after which they will come down of their high horses to beg these traditional rulers who have life tenors of office for the support of their communities. Some of these titles are reserved for distinguished people of repute,of high level of moral & justice,sacrificed for their communities, made extraordinary contributions to their communities, leaving their foot prints in the sand of time for good, good role models by our four four fathers. The now our days traditional rulers have made worthless these titles by giving them to worthless people. Nigeria we hate (hail) thee. Cry for my beloved country

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by bknight: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr Aboki, you might wish to be reminded that a 'civil servant' is different from a 'public servant'.

Nice pix tho undecided
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hope they are aware that From the seat of Presidency to the clerk, they are all Civil servants, so we will be watching.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by ebioloye1: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
O my God,so i have lost my tittle like dis now?i just pay some heavy amouth of money to collect the the tittle of EZEIGO 1 OF IGBO LAND ooooooooooo
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by lastpage: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Even though the government might have a very good reason to this effect, i don't think it's anyone's business if any civil servant decides to take a chieftain people. It's their personal life and they should live it as they pls as long as it doesn't affect there jobs as government workers. If this continues, very soon civil servants will be prohibited from eating sliced bread and forced to eat cassava bread. SMDH.

Problem is there is excessive "military mentality" within the ranks of those in authority!

If you notice, the Secretary to the Government NEVER laid out "WHY" he was issuing this directive!
HE JUST BANNED IT. That's all! shocked shocked

But a lot of people have proffered "reasons" why it should be banned.
IT IS CORRUPTION. Period.

Nobody gives a "Honorary Chieftaincy Title" to a poor man! grin grin

Thus, the BIG QUESTION is: WHY JUST CIVIL SERVANTS?

Why does it not cover EVERYONE in PUBLIC OFFICE? From Mr. President to a Teacher?

Source the Geese, Source the Gander
...........Please, all Animals are equal before the law!

Lastpage!

President Jonathan:
Chieftaincy Titles

Dr. Jonathan is a recipient of a number of befitting Chieftaincy Titles conferred on him by respected Traditional Chieftains.
These include:
Pere Izon Kene [meaning the foremost king of Izon land], bestowed on October 22,2010 by the Niger Delta Izon Traditional Rulers under the supervision of the Chairman, Bayelsa State Council of Traditional Rulers, His Royal Majesty [HRM] Joshua Igbagara; Chinemeze of Igbo land [meaning God's chosen Leader], conferred on October 16, 2010 by the South-East Traditional Rulers under the Chairmanship of His Royal Highness [HRH] Eze C. I. 1I0muanya [President of the Council of Traditional Rulers, Imo State]; Zanna Luntina of Damaturu, Yobe State [meaning the Adviser on Agriculture and High Properties of the Emir] bequeathed on February 15, 2007 by the Emir of Damaturu, Alh. Shehu Hashimi II, IBN Uma Elkanemi; Obateru of Owo Kingdom [meaning the man who stands solidly behind the king] bestowed on October 6, 2006 by the Olowu of Owo Kingdom, Oba Dewayne Adegboyega Dousman Amororo II, Abeokuta, Ogun State; Keme-Ibidouwei of Bayelsa State [meaning one who cares, sympathizes and has concern for the welfare of people] conferred on March 21, 2003, by HRM King W. S. Joshua Igbugburu XI [JP], the Ibenanawei of Bomo Kingdom of Bayelsa State; Eju Attah of Igala Kingdom [meaning the eye of the king] bequeathed by HRM Alhaji [Dr.]Aliyu O. Obaje, the Attah Igala, Kogi State; Ekpen of Edo State [meaning the TigerofEdo State] conferred by the entire Traditional Rulers of Edo State, headed by HRH, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akplokpolo; Oba Erediawa CFR, the Oba of Benin, Benin Kingdom, Edo State; and San- Turkish of Talata Mafara [meaning War Lord of Talata Mafara], bestowed by all the traditional rulers Zamfara State.

Am l missing something?

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by Afroconnect: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr Jona,change Lamorde,replace him with someone with integrity.EFCC needs constitution powers,it needs to be separate from the executive like FBI,CIA are-we need to see some of these crooks behind bars.Fight corruption,we don't need all these stories.
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by userlist(f): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
This is bullshit.
Will this stop corruption?
Please GEJ, arrest corrupt people and
not this obnoxious policy. Tell me
how this will help cub corruption.
For me, I don't like chieftaincy titles
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by kalohkaloh: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
When am just warming up for my own title of "Seriki Governors of Nigeria! Amaechi and Jang have received the invitation cards already! Which kind tin be dis sef? Dis na sabotage o!
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by foxgiovani(m): 4:36am On Jun 27, 2013
Walexz02: Good move by the FG. It is foolhardy to climb to trees at thesame time just because you have two foots.
Any person that wants a chieftancy tittle should leave the civil service first.
what has confirnment of chieftaincy title got to do with their job?
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles by tpia2005: 5:51am On Dec 29, 2014
Walexz02:
Good move by the FG. It is foolhardy to climb to trees at thesame time just because you have two foots.
Any person that wants a chieftancy tittle should leave the civil service first.

That's a very original proverb, where is it from?

Camera chasers, let it be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) / Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. / Lawyers Declare Strike Over Insecurity In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.