Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister (9946 Views)

Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD / Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by dolphinife: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2013
I guess this minister of aviation is suffering from diarrhea of the mouth. She just open her mouth wide and start spitting rubbish.

This minister doesn't even knw the nitty-gritty of establishing an airline. If the project is going to be private-driven, which company has signify interest? What modality has been put in place? Which building is going to house the national carrier?

If a carrier is suppose to start operation by september, and dey haven't file an application to the ministry of aviation for the Air Transport License(ATP), file another application to NCAA for Air Operator Certificate(AOC). The requirements for any airline to get this AOC is that u must have ur buildings with adequate and well trained staff, the aircraft must have been inspected from the country of origin with NCAA officials and it must have done 48 hours flight test.

The staff to be employed, the pilot, aircraft maintenance engineers, cabin crews, flight dispatchers, ticketing officers, baggage handlers, and some other strategic positions must have been on ground, yet this minister is just talking in abstract.

If an airline is to start by september, training should have started for the prospective staff, the logo and the colour of the uniform would have been sorted out. Let it be clear that nothing can happen in this year, let alone next year. It takes over 4 months to get an AOC not to talk of doing flying operations
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by IYANGBALI: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2013
I pray it does not turn out to be national casket
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2013
IYA NGBALI: I pray it does not turn out to be national casket
better things no de comot your mouth winch sad
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by kross01(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by IYANGBALI: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2013
sheyie2007: better things no de comot your mouth winch sad
no be my fault o,wuruwuru too much for naija
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by kross01(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2013
dolphinife: I guess this minister of aviation is suffering from diarrhea of the mouth. She just open her mouth wide and start spitting rubbish.

This minister doesn't even knw the nitty-gritty of establishing an airline. If the project is going to be private-driven, which company has signify interest? What modality has been put in place? Which building is going to house the national carrier?

If a carrier is suppose to start operation by september, and dey haven't file an application to the ministry of aviation for the Air Transport License(ATP), file another application to NCAA for Air Operator Certificate(AOC). The requirements for any airline to get this AOC is that u must have ur buildings with adequate and well trained staff, the aircraft must have been inspected from the country of origin with NCAA officials and it must have done 48 hours flight test.

The staff to be employed, the pilot, aircraft maintenance engineers, cabin crews, flight dispatchers, ticketing officers, baggage handlers, and some other strategic positions must have been on ground, yet this minister is just talking in abstract.

If an airline is to start by september, training should have started for the prospective staff, the logo and the colour of the uniform would have been sorted out. Let it be clear that nothing can happen in this year, let alone next year. It takes over 4 months to get an AOC not to talk of doing flying operations
And please except you are working at the relevant departments in the aviation ministry and NCAA, how do you know how far they've gone?(and who will approve for the ministry of aviation, a clerk or the minister?) Or maybe you were expecting an advert opening for bids from private investors? And please if i may ask, how much publicity existed prior to the virgin-nigeria deal? With these steps which except for the recruitment part of it, i dnt see anythng else that could take months to achieve. I stand to be corrected though

1 Like

Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2013
There was plenty of publicity for the Virgin deal.Surely you need to sell one or two tickets if you will start "operations" in September. Is it meant to be secret? How will passengers/customers buy tickets if it is such a great secret? Some arguments make no sense really

1 Like

Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by kross01(m): 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonnakoda: There was plenty of publicity for the Virgin deal.Surely you need to sell one or two tickets if you will start "operations" in September. Is it meant to be secret? How will passengers/customers buy tickets if it is such a great secret? Some arguments make no sense really
please dont get me wrong, by deal i meant the contractual agreement. You sure have to be a legal and established institution first before you start recruitment and perhaps ticket sales and flight operations
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
kross_01:
please dont get me wrong, by deal i meant the contractual agreement. You sure have to be a legal and established institution first before you start recruitment and perhaps ticket sales and flight operations
We are now in June,how realistic is it for this airline to start operations in September.An airline that has not even been formed? You don't see anything that could take months to achieve what about getting customers? You just say "let there be customers"
Do you know how long it takes to buy an aircraft Are they sold in Ladipo?
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by awodman: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
dolphinife: I guess this minister of aviation is suffering from diarrhea of the mouth. She just open her mouth wide and start spitting rubbish.

Did you read this part of the report?..if you actually did you will see that all your concerns was answered by this paragraph...

“We are just waiting for the approval from presidency
and the Federal Executive Council (FEC), to take off, so
give or take, the new national carrier will take off before
the end of the third quarter.” Besides, the final approval
from presidency and FEC, she added that every other
thing was there, including the the legal framework
establishing the national carrier. “We are awaiting the
final approval from FEC and the presidency to roll out
the carrier,” Oduah stated.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by awodman: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2013

Did you read this part of the report?..if you actually did you will see that all your concerns was answered by this paragraph...

Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
awodman:

He read the report and does not believe it. He thinks it is bull5hit! Do you get ??
When the FEC approves then aircraft will "appear" by magic because the sellers have made the aircraft and kept them in their shop awaiting "approval" from the FEC. Last time I checked one Boeing 747 Jet cost $300million plus and takes 4 months plus to assemble
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aikayy:
Even u sef no read d article b4 commenting? Truly, d best way to hide anything from nigerians is by putting it in a book!

Bros.. Shey na yesterday them born you?!

No be so Virgin go from Public/Government to Government to Private to Mortuary?!
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by awodman: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonnakoda:
He read the report and does not believe it. He thinks it is bull5hit! Do you get ??
When the FEC approves then aircraft will "appear" by magic because the sellers have made the aircraft and kept them in their shop awaiting "approval" from the FEC. Last time I checked one Boeing 747 Jet cost $300million plus and takes 4 months plus to assemble
Well your concerns are noted..but for them to come out bold and make this claim public they definitely know what they are in ƒσя...
Let's wait till September...
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by oluamid(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2013

You have "so oju abe nko" grin

You have "so oju abe nko"
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
awodman:
Well your concerns are noted..but for them to come out bold and make this claim public they definitely know what they are in ƒσя...
Let's wait till September...
That is one way to look at it especially if that is the way things have been happening : Government official speaks and we say yes "it is definitely so" that would be a very intelligent way to look at the world otherwise.............,
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by kross01(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonnakoda: We are now in June,how realistic is it for this airline to start operations in September.An airline that has not even been formed? You don't see anything that could take months to achieve what about getting customers? You just say "let there be customers"
Do you know how long it takes to buy an aircraft Are they sold in Ladipo?
My dear you have to be broad when looking at this, dont you think that by operations in september it could mean opening bookings in preparation for flight operations? Dont you think that a huge investor who is already in the business of aviation can convert one or two existing aircrafts in their service just for start up of operations or will it take 4 months for them to achieve that? Your points are well noted but i'm telling you that the time frame she gave is still feasible if only you'ld look at it from my own angle
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
kross_01:
My dear you have to be broad when looking at this, dont you think that by operations in september it could mean opening bookings in preparation for flight operations? Dont you think that a huge investor who is already in the business of aviation can convert one or two existing aircrafts in their service just for start up of operations or will it take 4 months for them to achieve that? Your points are well noted but i'm telling you that the time frame she gave is still feasible if only you'ld look at it from my own angle
Sure it could mean breaking the ground for the ultramodern toilet complex of the company headquarters,let us be very broad indeed!!
Generally though I try to look at life from an adult perspective
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by otokx(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
September is not too far away so lets just be patient with Madam Stella.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by flyforall: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Honourable Minister of Aviation Its about time.I just hope Nigerian one is here to stay(unlike Air Nigeria....We miss Nigerian Airways) and that it hires local pilots because we have a lot of abinitio first officers that need the right and left seats. Other African contries like zambia and cameroon have national carriers. We are tired of carrying last and its high time we partner to develop a sustainable carrier that will create jobs, safer skies and affordable means of transportation for her citizens.#strictly 9japilots.i still believe its unwise to pay an expat pilot 10000$ monthly when a Nigerian can be paid and trained to do the same job for less. I appreciate her efforts on the re-modelling and reconstruction of airports but we NAIJA PILOTS need these air time more than foreigners who come here to stay a few yrs, build hrs and run away with our $$$$ and experience.

Sincerely,
Concerned Pilot.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by dolphinife: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
It is very clear from all the comments above that some of us are novice concerning aviation set-up.

As an authority on aviation management, the idea to establish a national carrier was still sketchy as at last year. The make believe was dat arik air should be empowered to be the flag carrier of the country. Moreso, AMCON was to release some billions of dollars to purchase new aeroplanes to these mushroom airlines so as to strengthen them. Because the FG knws dat OBJ has an interest in arik, and jonathan and obj were in a cold war mood, d ideato make arik air d flag carrier was jettisoned. Likewise, it is noteworthy to know that for anybody to have an airline,and to get the aircraft for the operations, its either these two things are considered.

Its either u meet d manufacturer to get u ur desired specifications. This can take about two years because of the exterior and interior works and the peculiar specifications of the person concerned. Aeroplane parts is not produced in one country. D engine is produced in japan or china, the wings are produced in spain, the fuselage and the cockpit can be gotten frm Seattle in the US and some other components. For the manufacturer to assemble these parts and to produce them, it takes more than one year.
The other alternative is to approach a leasing airline to give or loan part of its fleets of aeroplanes on long term projects. This always attracts high interest rates which will automatically kill d airline if fiscal policy is not adopted.

From the foregoing, can anybody with sincerety of heart tell me which building around both local and international airports will house the headquarters of the propose airline? There is no building at all and moreso, if u are buying a building, u have to furnish and do so many interior works.

If we dnt knw too, nigeria does not have adequate pilots. D best bet is to get pilots abroad with juicy salary to attract them. You will convert their license to Nigerian license with a week lecturer and exams. The cabin crews and flight dispartchers are also to be trained and licensed.

Last but not the least, for u to have an airline in nigeria, u must have some people employed immediately u mooted the idea of establishing one. The chief pilot, quality manager, operations manager, accountable manager, chief engineer, cabin service manager, flight dispartcher manager, human resources manager, d chairman and ceo of the airline. All these positions and people would fill the forms made available frm NCaA cos its part of d requirement to get an AOC. So can anybody tell me where are all these people. Where is d airline manual? Who is writing the manual? Which consultancy company is processing d AoC?
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by bornosheikh: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
By time Naija mentality don flower for this airline, they will be pushing you down runway in a wheelbarrow and then playing take-off sound through brick phone. Guy will bring one dry moin moin in plastic wrap from his pocket and put in your hand as in-flight meal.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by flyforall: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
dolphinife: It is very clear from all the comments above that some of us are novice concerning aviation set-up.

As an authority on aviation management, the idea to establish a national carrier was still sketchy as at last year. The make believe was dat arik air should be empowered to be the flag carrier of the country. Moreso, AMCON was to release some billions of dollars to purchase new aeroplanes to these mushroom airlines so as to strengthen them. Because the FG knws dat OBJ has an interest in arik, and jonathan and obj were in a cold war mood, d ideato make arik air d flag carrier was jettisoned. Likewise, it is noteworthy to know that for anybody to have an airline,and to get the aircraft for the operations, its either these two things are considered.

Its either u meet d manufacturer to get u ur desired specifications. This can take about two years because of the exterior and interior works and the peculiar specifications of the person concerned. Aeroplane parts is not produced in one country. D engine is produced in japan or china, the wings are produced in spain, the fuselage and the cockpit can be gotten frm Seattle in the US and some other components. For the manufacturer to assemble these parts and to produce them, it takes more than one year.
The other alternative is to approach a leasing airline to give or loan part of its fleets of aeroplanes on long term projects. This always attracts high interest rates which will automatically kill d airline if fiscal policy is not adopted.

From the foregoing, can anybody with sincerety of heart tell me which building around both local and international airports will house the headquarters of the propose airline? There is no building at all and moreso, if u are buying a building, u have to furnish and do so many interior works.

If we dnt knw too, nigeria does not have adequate pilots. D best bet is to get pilots abroad with juicy salary to attract them. You will convert their license to Nigerian license with a week lecturer and exams. The cabin crews and flight dispartchers are also to be trained and licensed.

Last but not the least, for u to have an airline in nigeria, u must have some people employed immediately u mooted the idea of establishing one. The chief pilot, quality manager, operations manager, accountable manager, chief engineer, cabin service manager, flight dispartcher manager, human resources manager, d chairman and ceo of the airline. All these positions and people would fill the forms made available frm NCaA cos its part of d requirement to get an AOC. So can anybody tell me where are all these people. Where is d airline manual? Who is writing the manual? Which consultancy company is processing d AoC?

it is possible that aero contractors can merge to form Nigeria one and the ibru Family have high stakes in the new airlines with the other shares put out for Nigerian shareholders to purchase.
About Nigerian not having adequate pilots i disagree and put a question to you that how can a pilot get a good job without the flying hours and also how can he get this flying hours without a good job? there are a lot of abinitio pilots who are trained locally and abroad and with the minimum requirements.I believe with transparency, good governance all a pilot needs is the willingness to learn, a right trainer and there is no limit to which he can achieve. we have the basics, all that's left is a type rating on the fleet the pilot will fly which usually takes 21 days training abroad. I just believe that we as a country should empower our youths for a better tomorrow. there is also an association called Nigerian Professional Pilots and we have over 69 abinitio first officers, some are even type rated.
About the AOC, with the new NCAA DG Capt Fola, if we follow due process i don't believe it will be a problem even if there isn't a merger.#my2cents
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by ChimaAdeoye: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
A National Carrier owned by the FG is a waste of money! It will soon collapse!
The FG can go in Liaison with successful Nigerian airlines such as Arik or Aero Contractor to help them become National Carriers.

I don't even think partnership with foreign airlines will make the company survive. Most foreign companies will simply milk the FG and then make away with what they can when it finally collapses.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by adconline(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Richard Branson said that Virgin Naija iwas his biggest mistake. Any private company that ventures into this so called PPP is only driven by loss. Another avenue to dole out Naija money to their cronies!
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by toluene12: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
adconline: Richard Branson said that Virgin Naija iwas his biggest mistake. Any private company that ventures into this so called PPP is only driven by loss. Another avenue to dole out Naija money to their cronies!

i smell transcorp all over the project. it's just another avenue for the F.G to scam both local and foreign investors thru their dubious PPP scheme.
by the way can someone actually explain the circumstances that led to the demise of air nigeria and virgin nigeria despite being public/private controlled enterprise.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by DerideGull(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mrs Stalla Oduah-Ogiemwinyi, I say more grease to your elbows. You are pretty and hard worker. Please make Port Harcourt or Enugu the ceremonial home base of the national carrier which could compel it to have direct or connecting routes from Europe, Asia and Americas to Port Harcourt, Enugu, Lagos, Kano and Abuja. If Enugu and Port Harcourt will be too much to ask, at least, one of the two eastern cities must be linked to the national carrier’s direct connection.
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by toluene12: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
the problem with a national carrier has never been that of political will or lack of investment but that of selfish interest and greed by our public office holders. they think airline business is a goldmine.
read the link below and u will understand
http://www.eturbonews.com/5010/branson-s-virgin-nigeria-nightmare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Nigeria
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2013
Well we are now in September...............

Where can I book
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2013
omonnakoda: Well we are now in September...............

Where can I book
guy you don forget say na naija you dey
Re: National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister by omonnakoda: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2013
sheyie2007: guy you don forget say na naija you dey
OK it is February in Naija now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Meets Nigerian Union Of Journalists / Presidential Aspirant Gives Reason Why APC, PDP Should Be Abandoned In 2019 / Bandits That Attacked Bida Emirate Found, 8 Neutralized - Niger Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.