Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria (4090 Views)

Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by awodman: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
To Serve Abuja with Daily Flights

Ethiopian Airlines, the fastest growing airline in Africa, is
pleased to announce the commencement of new services
to Enugu, Nigeria as of August 24, 2013 becoming the first international carrier to fly to the city. Ethiopian will also increase its five weekly flights to Abuja to daily service.

Ethiopian will operate four times a week to Enugu, its 76th destination. Ethiopian, an indigenous and truly Pan African airline, is one of the oldest carriers flying to Nigeria and has been serving the country since 1960 strengthening trade, cultural and tourism ties between Nigeria and the rest of the world.

Now, passengers from Enugu will have direct flight
connections to many destinations in Africa, Middle East,
Asia, South America and Europe with the youngest and
modern fleet in the continent and enjoy the usual
Ethiopian hospitality.

"Our flight to Enugu is another exciting step towards
enhancing our commitment to the needs of our travelling
publics. Nigeria has always been and continues to be one
of our important destinations in West Africa. We are
continually improving our products and services to meet
our customers’ expectations. We thank the people and the government of Nigeria for their continued support in
making this new service to Enugu possible," said Tewolde
Gebremariam, CEO of Ethiopian.

Passengers from our three gateways in Nigeria – Lagos,
Abuja and Enugu – now have the opportunity to fly to
destinations throughout the Ethiopian network, including
Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Seoul, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, London, Toronto, Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Mumbai, and Nairobi.

Source:www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/news/prarchive.aspx?id=455

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by idumuose(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is the kind of news i want to hear.I am pleased to
know that I can fly from Enugu direct to London without
having to board in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by awodman: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mods pls can this thread be moved to the front page?
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is a welcomed development......He might seem slow to work but very efficient at the end....GEJ ride on

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by RareDiamond: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT GOES FULL BLAST AS ETHIOPIAN AIRWAYS KICK START INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TO AND FROM ENUGU ON AUGUST 2013

Below are advertised fare found in their website. You can book online

* Advertized fare does not include taxes.

More offers to Enugu

Fare from Class of Travel Journey Span
- Flight from Seoul to Enugu KRW 931003.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now
- Flight from Rome to Enugu EUR 250.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Milan to Enugu EUR 250.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Stockholm to Enugu SEK 2422.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Cairo to Enugu EGP 2266.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Frankfurt to Enugu EUR 290.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Beirut to Enugu USD 402.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Mumbai to Enugu INR 20705.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Washington to Enugu USD 429.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

- Flight from Dammam to Enugu SAR 1718.00 Economy Return Trip GOBook Now

http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/destinations/nigeria/flights-to-enugu.aspx

https://www.nairaland.com/1374778/ethiopian-airways-advertized-fares-enugu
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by ba7man(m): 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
I can imagine living in Enugu and having to travel down to Lagos before taking a flight out of the country. That would have been crazy stressful.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by RareDiamond: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
MORE GOOD NEWS TO COME
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Good and welcum development after that federal Govt pz open up niger bridge in onitsha and up grade it to an international seaport...
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Longeria(m): 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
What looked like impossibility few years ago is now a dream come true. While Jonathan is healing our wounds, the evil APC are pouring salt. They shall not succeed.

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
idumuose: This is the kind of news i want to hear.I am pleased to
know that I can fly from Enugu direct to London without
having to board in Lagos.

^^^Enugu to London via Addis Ababa, don't forget.

It may be a longwinded trip but i don't care.....anything to make Enugu Int'l Airport viable! smiley

PS- Any Enugu-China route is bound to sell like hotcake!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
Rare Diamond: MORE GOOD NEWS TO COME

^^^About what? Spill the beans!
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by amibonaija: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
thank God we can now leave the country from our own home without passing through Oduduwa or Ariwa . . .
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by manny4life(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
So I checked tripadvisor and other websites, damn, it has like three connections...You have to connect from Lagos to their main hub and then to another before reaching to final destination. I checked from ENU to IAD (VA), it was a 58 hours trip + almost 3k. Like wth embarassed embarassed embarassed

Good development but they need to patronize other airlines to come in so we can get better service, I'd def like to fly from IAD to ENU in DEC.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by amarilo: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Enugu to London via Addis Ababa, don't forget.

It may be a longwinded trip but i don't care.....anything to make Enugu Int'l Airport viable! smiley

PS- Any Enugu-China route is bound to sell like hotcake!
Enugu-china, Enugu-Europe*, Enugu-India, Enugu-US*(depending on the state they land), Enugu-SA, Enugu-Malaysia, Enugu-Indonesia gonna all be hot cake. Turkish Airline and Catty Pacific I heard are making moves to cash in as well.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Fantastic. When the National carrier (Nigeria ONE) starts operation by next year, we'll see more activity at the Enugu INTERNATIONAL Airport.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by sambos994(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Great! The more airlines the better.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by taharqa2: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Another Promise FULFILLED.... Is someone ticking all these things sef?? grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Dejohnbull: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
God is a miracle worker.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nebeuwa(m): 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chineke bless Jonathan!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nebeuwa(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Will there be any Houston to Enugu flights?
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nebeuwa: Will there be any Houston to Enugu flights?

One step at a time... grin grin grin

At least for me, they already started Washington DC (IAD) to Enugu.

This is my itinerary when I'm arriving, bypass Lagos for GOOD... grin

Ndigbo KWENU grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Cabals that wanted the former Biafran enclaves to remain slaves have been defeated. The land of the rising sun shall rise and rise.

GEJite - FRESH AIR!

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nebeuwa(m): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
manny4life:

One step at a time... grin grin grin

At least for me, they already started Washington DC (IAD) to Enugu.

This is my itinerary when I'm arriving, bypass Lagos for GOOD... grin

Ndigbo KWENU grin grin

Well we all know that the largest Igbo population in the US is in Houston.

It would make sense that flights would leave from there.

Flights out of Dulles are good, because that is closer to me. But we need some flights out of Houston as well.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by amarilo: 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
When other Airlines come on board most US cities will be served.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by datChelseaBoy: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Oooooooooooooooooo. Wow. This is so cool. I'm so loving this
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Adrenaline123(m): 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Up GEJ 2015.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 03, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Well we all know that the largest Igbo population in the US is in Houston.

It would make sense that flights would leave from there.

Flights out of Dulles are good, because that is closer to me. But we need some flights out of Houston as well.

True. An Enugu-Addis Ababa-Houston route will be very profitable.

I also want an Enugu-Los Angeles route, served by Nigeria One and other airlines.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nebeuwa(m): 12:16am On Aug 03, 2013
CFCfan:

True. An Enugu-Addis Ababa-Houston route will be very profitable.

I also want an Enugu-Los Angeles route, served by Nigeria One and other airlines.

Is the Igbo community in California that large?

I know there are large Igbos communities in Houston, Chicago, Detroit, and Maryland. But in California?
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 03, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Is the Igbo community in California that large?

I know there are large Igbos communities in Houston, Chicago, Detroit, and Maryland. But in California?

Yes, especially in LA and the San Francisco area. At minimum, the airlines can do seasonal flights (Summer and Christmas) from CA to Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:31am On Aug 03, 2013
See as how everybody dey wish say airline go fly come their city, grin grin

Enugu don land, una wan bypass Lagos... grin grin grin

Who talk say "dividends of democrazy" no sweet? grin grin grin grin

Abeg, GEJ carry go.. cool cool cool

The Bible said, when the righteous is in power, THE PEOPLE REJOICE, but when the wicked is in power, the people cry out. Need I say more - comparison to other administrations? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This thread is a testament of how people are rejoicing "FINALLY", Enugu isn't that "AGIPA" airport, but one that will likely compete with Lagos. Now the people rejoice because the righteous and clean at heart is in power.

GEJ has given me one more reason to earn my support.

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 03, 2013
manny4life: See as how everybody dey wish say airline go fly come their city, grin grin
Enugu don land, una wan bypass Lagos... grin grin grin
Who talk say "dividends of democrazy" no sweet? grin grin grin grin
Abeg, GEJ carry go.. cool cool cool

The Bible said, when the righteous is in power, THE PEOPLE REJOICE, but when the wicked is in power, the people cry out. Need I say more - comparison to other administrations? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This thread is a testament of how people are rejoicing "FINALLY", Enugu isn't that "AGIPA" airport, but one that will likely compete with Lagos. Now the people rejoice because the righteous and clean at heart is in power.

GEJ has given me one more reason to earn my support.
Lwkmd grin grin grin
Who no like better thing? The Enugu airport will drastically reduce the migration of Igbos to d North and SW. What remains is for foreign countries to set up Consulates in the city.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Igbo Ga Di

Soludo ka anyi ge so na aha Jesus

AMIN cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 BENUE GOVERNORSHIP : CAN IDOMA BREAK THE 38 YEAR JINX ? / Chelsea Beloved Female Doctor Axed After Mourinho Anger / PHOTO: Virgin Mary Appeared In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.