Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position (66796 Views)

Tp Settings For TVC / Any FTA Settings On Dstv Dish With Decoder Dsd 910? / Help Me On Fta Channel Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls guru's in the house, help me, am new in satalite installation. I have 90 dish, and 60 dish, i want fta settings for best view. Pls help me with the input frequencies and satelites i should use on strong 69Xii for best view. Am at Afikpo, ebonyi state. Thanks.
Pls i need guied to set it up.
God bless you.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2013
kama1210: Pls guru's in the house, help me, am new in satalite installation. I have 90 dish, and 60 dish, i want fta settings for best view. Pls help me with the input frequencies and satelites i should use on strong 69Xii for best view. Am at Afikpo, ebonyi state. Thanks.
Pls i need guied to set it up.
God bless you.

U might start here

https://www.nairaland.com/331903/newbie-satellite-installation-introduce-yourself

But also follow these instructions and adapt as necessary to ur situation. Use ur 60cm for this.

olenyi:

First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)

Now as the receiver is a new one, ''ok'' every option on the screen until u get to the home screen and u see ''no or bad signal'' press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. Press zero when u get it and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 27000. And the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.

Phew!!!!!

If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great. cheesy

Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point with u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontal to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)

Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.

When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.

Hmmm.... Tired now

We're almost dia.

When dis is done, press the ''ok'' button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.

Regards.

When u're stuck, come back for more.

Regards.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
olenyi:

U might start here

https://www.nairaland.com/331903/newbie-satellite-installation-introduce-yourself

But also follow these instructions and adapt as necessary to ur situation. Use ur 60cm for this.

Regards.

thanks alot bro. I will try dat. I also need asistance to get channels/satelites for action movies and sports...

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
kama1210:

thanks alot bro. I will try dat. I also need asistance to get channels/satelites for action movies and sports...

The above instruction will give u more dan enough action movies.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2013
olenyi:

The above instruction will give u more dan enough action movies.

Regards.

thanks so much beloved brother.
I also need more frequencies and symbole rates settings for other satelites, i have 3dish altogether, two of it are 60cm while one is 90.
Pls, which satelite, frequency and symbol rate should i use, i also need dish position?
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
kama1210:

thanks so much beloved brother.
I also need more frequencies and symbole rates settings for other satelites, i have 3dish altogether, two of it are 60cm while one is 90.
Pls, which satelite, frequency and symbol rate should i use, i also need dish position?
God bless you sir

learn to walk before running. Get the above steps first before we start talking of other steps.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
olenyi:

U might start here

Regards.

brother thanks alot, i have just done that and i got joy tv and other stations....
Pls beloveth, how do i track another satalite that shows football and english movies mostly. I have 95 dish and another 60 dish.
Thanks alot
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
kama1210:

brother thanks alot, i have just done that and i got joy tv and other stations....
Pls beloveth, how do i track another satalite that shows football and english movies mostly. I have 95 dish and another 60 dish.
Thanks alot

Set up ur 90cm dish and get joy tv as instructed above. Optimize the signal by fiddling with ur lnb to get the max signal possible. Then under Eutelsat w6, input 11881 v 27500. Then standing at the back of the dish, raise it up a bit and a little to ur right. When u hit green, tighten, and try to max the signal also. Then input 11024 H 03333. Make sure this is also green but don't optimize. Around 55 - 60% is enough. Go back and make sure that the first frequency is still over 75 - 80%. Then blindscan.

When it must have saved all the channels, get ur Diseqc switch and connect this dish to port 1. Connect the joy tv dish to port 2. Then connect ur receiver to the receiver out port.

Now go to menu, installation, select dish setting. select Eutelsat w6. Scroll down to the two Diseqc settings and set their port numbers to 1. Exit and save. Do the same for astra 1N/2abd and set the Diseqc to 2.

Exit and save. Exit all and enjoy. Cheers.

If u get all this in one go, then the ''spirit of FTA'' is in ur blood. grin

Regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
olenyi:

Set up ur 90cm dish and get joy tv as instructed above. Optimize the signal by fiddling with ur lnb to get the max signal possible. Then under Eutelsat w6, input 11881 v 27500. Then standing at the back of the dish, raise it up a bit and a little to ur right. When u hit green, tighten, and try to max the signal also. Then input 11024 H 03333. Make sure this is also green but don't optimize. Around 55 - 60% is enough. Go back and make sure that the first frequency is still over 75 - 80%. Then blindscan.

When it must have saved all the channels, get ur Diseqc switch and connect this dish to port 1. Connect the joy tv dish to port 2. Then connect ur receiver to the receiver out port.

Now go to menu, installation, select dish setting. select Eutelsat w6. Scroll down to the two Diseqc settings and set their port numbers to 1. Exit and save. Do the same for astra 1N/2abd and set the Diseqc to 2.

Regards.

thanks alot sir,
i will do just that and report back asap.
You are touching lives....thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
hello bro Olenyi, i have done that...i was able to get the first frequency at about 78% and i tried the second one which was not coming forth...when i did blind scan...i got AIT...NTA...and many other channels. Am so loving this. I even helped doing my dad's own following ur instructions.
Pls sir,,,can i still get Nollywood, Nollywood+ or any other intresting satellite. I have one 60cm dish left. You have sown fta seed into me. God bless you.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi2: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
kama1210: hello bro Olenyi, i have done that...i was able to get the first frequency at about 78% and i tried the second one which was not coming forth...when i did blind scan...i got AIT...NTA...and many other channels. Am so loving this. I even helped doing my dad's own following ur instructions.
Pls sir,,,can i still get Nollywood, Nollywood or any other intresting satellite. I have one 60cm dish left. You have sown fta seed into me. God bless you.

That was so heart warming hearing ur result and the attendant enthusiasm. When u can, try and see that 11024 H 03333 is green. U could turn the lnb clockwise, anti clockwise. Even lift the dish a little up or down to see if u could get it. This is because some channels dia like RDV, do show some live matches.

For the nollywood, they've gone. So make do with cine afrik.

Now for the spare dish, track joy tv again with it. Then input 11900 H 27500, and while standing behind the dish, bring the dish down and a little to ur left. Tweak the lnb to get the best signal. input 11940 H 27500 and press ok to scan. Also 12275 H 11200. U might be pleasantly surprised. Also u can blindscan for more channels.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by promise2020(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
good day @Olenyi pls how can i install or setup my cmtv cable, i have mount it on a poll connect it to a power pack and from the power pack to the decoder than to the tv trough AV, when i on the decoder behind it show nothing but on channels, how do i get channels and pls is the above step correct.. thanks
please i will also welcome help from any one
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Emmaculate20(m): 1:24am On Aug 03, 2013
@ OGA olenyi2, well done & thnx.
Please with all dis tips, wil it be possible 2 track astra1N/2abd with Amos 5 on one dish.
If yes, please give us all what it takes, i.e: Tp, lnb skew, deg etc. Thnx.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 3:47am On Aug 03, 2013
Emmaculate20: @ OGA olenyi2, well done & thnx.
Please with all dis tips, wil it be possible 2 track astra1N/2abd with Amos 5 on one dish.
If yes, please give us all what it takes, i.e: Tp, lnb skew, deg etc. Thnx.

Make Amos 5 ur primary. Then connect the second lnb to the receiver (without Diseqc) and input ur joy tv freq. Then place it a little above the first lnb and a bit to the left of it, if u're standing in front of the dish. (don't block the signals with ur body). Keep at it and hopefully, u should hit green. Find a way of holding the second lnb in place.

I like using the picture below as illustration.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Emmaculate20(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2013
Thnx & well done BOSS, pls break it down with d help of ur pic, from d 1st single lnb, d network, TPs, pol, d lnb skew & d distance, to 2nd & 3rd lnbs. I.e; network - Amos5, Distance - between each lnb & is those lnb strong product. Pls explain dis angles, eg; Amos5 @ 17 deg.
olenyi:

Make Amos 5 ur primary. Then connect the second lnb to the receiver (without Diseqc) and input ur joy tv freq. Then place it a little above the first lnb and a bit to the left of it, if u're standing in front of the dish. (don't block the signals with ur body). Keep at it and hopefully, u should hit green. Find a way of holding the second lnb in place.

I like using the picture below as illustration.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Bodafix(m): 9:27am On Aug 08, 2013
Hi Sir. I'm just a learner. I am currently watching mbc and aljazeera. I heard there is a new satellite with new channels. Pls help me. Below is a picture of how my dish looks like. (it's size is the medium size). So someone pls help me get those new channels. Thanks.

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2013
Bodafix: Hi Sir. I'm just a learner. I am currently watching mbc and aljazeera. I heard there is a new satellite with new channels. Pls help me. Below is a picture of how my dish looks like. (it's size is the medium size). So someone pls help me get those new channels. Thanks.

I believe u're hooked up to nilesat. ain't you ok with ur present channel list? I don't know the new channels u are talking about but if its the channels at Dstv position, then get a separate 60cm dish and track with 11900 H 27500. Its below multi tv/joy tv position. When u get it, input 11940 H 27500, 12275 H 11200.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Bodafix(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2013
olenyi:

I believe u're hooked up to nilesat. ain't you ok with ur present channel list? I don't know the new channels u are talking about but if its the channels at Dstv position, then get a separate 60cm dish and track with 11900 H 27500. Its below multi tv/joy tv position. When u get it, input 11940 H 27500, 12275 H 11200.

Regards.

YES. I think I'm hooked up to Nile sat. I heard I could get channels like NTA AIT and more. That's the sat I'll rather have. If possible change to that completely. Is joy tv the satellite with gospel channels? If so I have that one too.
And thanks for your quick response. I'm grateful.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2013
Bodafix:

YES. I think I'm hooked up to Nile sat. I heard I could get channels like NTA AIT and more. That's the sat I'll rather have. If possible change to that completely. Is joy tv the satellite with gospel channels? If so I have that one too.
And thanks for your quick response. I'm grateful.

The sat with christian channels is intelsat 20'e. So like I said before, u need an extra 60cm to hook up Dstv position.

Now read from the beginning of this thread. U should see where I spelt out how to pick multi tv/joy tv. So go ahead and procure dat extra dish. Use it to get multi tv.

Also i'll like for u to get an extra lnb. When u get the multi tv from the directions above, input 11900 H 27500. bring ur dish down a bit and u'll hit green. Tighten everything and input the freq i've earlier given u above. And scan.

Then following the picture above, input 12523 V 27000. Place ur lnb a little below the main lnb just like u have in the pix.

If u get all dis, then u're good to go. And considering U already have two dishes, I would assume u also have a Diseqc switch with two ports left. So connect the new multi tv (attached lnb on new dish) and the lnb for Dstv to the two Diseqc with ports left.

Quite lenghty right? Try to read and assimilate everything slowly and then go ahead and do ur thing.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Bodafix(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2013
Wow... Looks like a major course. I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for your help. Could I try it with the other satellite? (the religious one). If it works I'll could go ahead with buying the new satellite later . What do I need to do now to get those channels at Dstv position? Thanks man. You've been very helpful...
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by freshp(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
I am so loving this....Olenyi you just made my FTA poster of the year grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Bodafix: Wow... Looks like a major course. I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for your help. Could I try it with the other satellite? (the religious one). If it works I'll could go ahead with buying the new satellite later . What do I need to do now to get those channels at Dstv position? Thanks man. You've been very helpful...

My first instruction was for u to read all the posts/answers on this thread from the beginning. Its just one page. Kindly do so.

And yes. Go ahead and use ur existing 60cm dish to try ur hands on tracking.

Get ur tv and receiver outside at a point where u can conveniently see it while touching ur dish (use an extension box to get the mains supply to the point). Now disconnect ur Diseqc switch and connect the dish directly to ur receiver. (what receiver model are u using? Hope its an MPEG4 compliant model. If not, lipsrsealed)

Now press menu, ok, input 4 zero's if pin code is requested. Then scroll down to manual scan and press ''ok''. Using the volume button, search for 36'e Eutelsat w4/w7. Scroll down to frequency and scroll until u get 11900 H 27500.

Now get close to ur dish and using a 10'' spanner, lossen the two nuts holding the dish to the wall mount slightly. Also loosen the 4 screw's by the sides of the dish slightly. Make sure the point where u connected ur cable to the lnb is facing sideways at three o'clock. Now while at the back of the dish and ur eyes glued to the two red signal bars on ur screen, start raising the dish up, up, up till its facing the sky. Bring it down and shift the dish to ur right horizontally. Raise it up again and down. Right. Up, down, right. up, down, right slowly. Keep at it until the bars change to green.

Tighten all the nuts and screws slowly while watching the signal bars on ur tv screen so it doesn't go down in %. When u're through, try turning ur lnb clockwise and anti clockwise to see the position where u get the highest signal % possible. Tighten with screw driver.

Phew!!!! At this point come down and stretch ur arms, legs, and back. grin

**In wizkid's voice** Back to the matter.

While still on frequency, press 0 on ur remote. Select add and input 11940. Input 27500 under ''symbol rate'' and ''H'' under polarization. Press ''ok'' if u're using a 69x/xii receiver or the red button if u're using the HD versions. Allow to scan and save.

Repeat the 0, add procedure and input 12275 H 11200 and scan.

Now exit everything and enjoy.

Pls I won't answer any other question from u until u carry out some practicals and gets stuck.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by zpakln(f): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
bro olenyi, pls kindly name the direction of the 3 lnbs in the pic u posted above starting from the primary lnb. i have 2 in one setup(36e & 28e) and have being trying to add 17 with no show.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by fomat11: 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
I have multitv working with a 60cm dish. I got another lnb and on 36E 11940/27500 H. to hit green. Then i scanned and got many dstv channels but all with $ sign. Please how do i set it to get Cnn, Aljazeraa and others. Thank you BOSS.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
fomat11: I have multitv working with a 60cm dish. I got another lnb and on 36E 11940/27500 H. to hit green. Then i scanned and got many dstv channels but all with $ sign. Please how do i set it to get Cnn, Aljazeraa and others. Thank you BOSS.

12275 H 11200.
11640 H 27500.

Ironically, the ones with $ are the ones that show. grin

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by freshp(m): 1:32am On Aug 14, 2013
olenyi:

12275 H 11200.
11640 H 27500.

Ironically, the ones with $ are the ones that show. grin

Regards.
I was baffled at first but I was like well what have I got to lose enjoy while,it lasts.grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by ebena107(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
olenyi:

Select any ku satellite on ur decoder and input ur freq.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.

Thanks Ole'nyi. I selected eutesat 16e(16E) and used 12216v27500 to track Amos 5(17E). I was able to strike 60%green and later inserted Tp 11008v30000 to scan for Daar sat stations. I was successful but I couldn't get Daar station signal strength beyond 30%.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by rapthugx(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.

Oga Olenyi, u don't understand how this your simple and accurate concise information has helped me. AIT n d rest are dancing on my screen right now. grin
olenyi:

If u get all this in one go, then the ''spirit of FTA'' is in ur blood.

Regards.

Oga Olenyi, u don't understand how this your concise description has helped me. AIT n d rest are dancing on my screen right now. grin Keep up the good work sir, God bless you.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by fomat11: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
on what satellite and tp will i get all the football channels ooo abeg.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by kama1210: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2013
pls sir Olenyi,,, i must first appreciate ur kindness here. Thanks alot.

Pls, i have AiT, NTA, my money tv etc on Eutelsat w6, but how about getting MBC channels with same 90cm dish. I heard it's such nice channel. I still have 60cm left if it can handle the magnet. Thanks you very much sir
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2013
kama1210: pls sir Olenyi,,, i must first appreciate ur kindness here. Thanks alot.

Pls, i have AiT, NTA, my money tv etc on Eutelsat w6, but how about getting MBC channels with same 90cm dish. I heard it's such nice channel. I still have 60cm left if it can handle the magnet. Thanks you very much sir

If u mean MBC 1, 2, 3, etc. Not possible for u. U'll need a much bigger dish. By the way, what's ur location; Dats a factor to be considered also.

But if u want the alternate mbc from africa (with some sporting programs thrown in), then track ew36'e (Dstv position - the procedure is already well spelt out on this thread). Gives u even cnn, and co.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by rapthugx(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2013
olenyi:

Now for the spare dish, track joy tv again with
it. Then input 11900 H 27500, and while
standing behind the dish, bring the dish down
and a little to ur left. Tweak the lnb to get the
best signal. input 11940 H 27500 and press ok
to scan. Also 12275 H 11200. U might be
pleasantly surprised. Also u can blindscan for
more channels.
Regards.
Oga Olenyi, pls sorry 4 taking u back, I will like to know the name of d sat in question here so I can look it up on lynsat to see if it contains channels dat will interest me. I don't think is mytv, is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Current Prices Of Strong Decoder And Th Models.e / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) / 40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.