Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271223 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
This is a thread for you guys that are new in the satellite world, come here with your questions and I can assure you they all will be attended to. With the help of fellow learned guys in this area we all will make you feel welcome.

Welcome one, Welcome all.

Questions Please and Lets start it rolling

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idyday(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2009
@enitan,thanks for creating this thread.my not quite new,i'm still learning the robe.pls i want u to give me a short tutorial on d following issues:how to track sirus4 and eutelsat3.and how to set up a motorised satellite system.i live in uyo.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
idyday:

@enitan,thanks for creating this thread.my not quite new,i'm still learning the robe.pls i want u to give me a short tutorial on d following issues:how to track sirus4 and eutelsat3.and how to set up a motorised satellite system.i live in uyo.

@ idyday,
so sorry for not responding to this for quite a long time. Most times I've been on the net through my mobile phone and it wont really be easy trying to reply using that medium.

TRACKING W3A,
After your dish must have been assembled, first of all track sirus bird on 5E, using this frequency 12605V, 30000. the reason i said you should track that first is because 1) the signal will be use as a refernce point and 2) the sirus signal is very easy to get compared with w3a. So after nailing that bird, just take note of the point of reference where the signal turns green. Then you will now know that the particulatr area to limit your tracking. W3a is on 7E, that is when standing at the back of the dish of sirus (5E) w3a (7E) is about few inches away to the left side of sirus. So u now input this freq of w3a to do the tracking 12728H, 30000. Then you must limit your tracking to the point of sirus and back again to the left side of the sirus reference signal. If you still dont nail the bird, try changing the polarity from V to H and H to V. The elevation of sirus is about getting close to the maximum elevation of the dish i.e pointing directly up to the sky, while that of w3a is a little bit lower compared to that of sirus.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR TRACKING

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by frgy1: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2009
hello , pls i have FTA installed and running, but most of my channels of interest are scrambled(AIT,NTA, E!, SHOWSPORT, SKY channels e.tv to list a few). is there any way i can decode this channels? i use a strong decoder str 4651x. i don't know what other info to supply. please just ask and i'll make it available. thank u , and God bless your work.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by obijack: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2009
Hello Enitan,

Good work u are doing here. Hope u don't mind me calling u THE FTA NEWBIES CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER.

Anyway my question is for u you to state the direction my dish must face in order to track sirus4 using DSTV direction as reference point. I have been able with the help of some other members of the FTA thread to track pass 7/10, Astra 2B and Eutelsat W4 on my own.
It will be highly apprciated if u can help as I am not that literate on the 5E and 7E point of reference.

I was able to track astra 2b due to the directions given in the FTA forum like when u for instance will say stand at the back of ur DSTV dish and gently move about 1 inch to you left and slowly up until u hit green.

Thanks again.

PS: Please don't get angry. I know say u don answer the question tire for the oda side.
cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olatiler(m): 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2009
@enitan, plss can daarsat decoder read another smartcard? such as MYThieVe, DSThieVe &HIThieVe, becous, when i insert mytv card into my kaon, he wasn't detected, moreover a friend of my who own 1 kaon has told me samething. Plsss trow more lite. pls dont call me NICUMPOOP becous of my ignorant this time, anyway shaaaa, we are together, one love FTA.

2 Likes

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idyday(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2009
@enitan,thanks so much for responding to my question.pls could you give me ur email or id so that i can communicate with you more.i'm i permitted to respond to some post here if i know the answer?thanks again Sir!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2009
@ idy, check my profile my email is there. Yes, u are free to respond to any questions u have answers to.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idyday(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2009
@obijack,since u were able to track astra 2b,i believe u can easily nail sirus 4 without much stress.after tracking astra 2b,stand at d back of ur dish turn it a couple of inches to ur right.then lift d dish elevation up until it is almost faces the sky directly.use the frequency enitan gave me.u should be able to hit green.report back 2 the forum when u are through.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idyday(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
@enitan,ur email is hidden at ur profile.thanks 4 ur contributions.u guys have really enlighten me in FTA.i think d only way i can pay back is to help others when i can.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idyday(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2009
@olatiler,u cant use another smartcard with daarsat decoder.the decoder is configured to read only daarsat smartcard.However,u can use a STRONG decoder to access mytv smartcard and hitv.but u will have to upgrade ur decoder b4 u can view all the hitv channels. I hope this helps.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 13, 2009
idyday:

@enitan,your email is hidden at your profile.thanks 4 your contributions.u guys have really enlighten me in FTA.i think d only way i can pay back is to help others when i can.

my email is enitany20022005@yahoo.com,
olatiler:

@enitan, plss can daarsat decoder read another smartcard? such as MYThieVe, DSThieVe &HIThieVe, becous, when i insert mytv card into my kaon, he wasn't detected, moreover a friend of my who own 1 kaon has told me samething. Plsss trow more lite. pls dont call me NICUMPOOP becous of my ignorant this time, anyway shaaaa, we are together, one love FTA.

@ ola,
the purpose of this thread is to satisfy the unanswered questions in the minds of newbies. So, since this thread is created by me, I will be glad to make sure evryone here is satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olatiler(m): 11:31pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hi enitan! pls some1 were about to dash me 2.6m dish, which is goin to need refoil, pls tell me the name of chemica & how many pack of foil should i buy, because i want to do it my self, so that i can start having experience with big dish, pls if this should be off forum discussion, here is my mail
olatiler@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pek(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2009
hello all, i have multi tv but the stations are few. is there another frequency i can use to get more?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adeexy: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2009
@ Enitan

Is contribution allowed, thanks for the other day once again
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by twinskenny(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2009
@ pek how many station did u get all in all? u suppose to get at least 12 station
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pek(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2009
i am getting 10 at the moment.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2009
@ adeexy,
yes, contributions are allowed from other users.

@ ola,
i will try and get back to you regarding yur request.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2009
@ pek,
there are no other TPs u can get multitv, in other to watch those channels, u need a MPEG-4 compatible receiver, among them we have strong 4669x, 4910 and Daarsat KAON receiver.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blakstars(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ all new to FTA (Ghana/Nigeria region)

the charts below will give you an idea as to which satellite can be recieved in Ghana, Nigeria and with what dish size. the chart is not updated thoug hcos W3A, Sirus, Eutelsat w6, Astra 2B and others can all be received with the 90cm dish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blakstars(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
pics cont.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ blackstars.
kudos to you, , keep it coming.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blakstars(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2009
more

1 Share

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blakstars(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2009
one more

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blakstars(m): 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
enitan2002:

@ blackstars.
kudos to you, , keep it coming.
@ enitan

Just helping Out!

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by twinskenny(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2009
good one blackstar
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
Pls I have a hitv decoder and dish. I now want to change to FTA. I dont know if the lnb can work. In other words, are the 2 sats C or ku bands? Pls I need an urgent reply. I have been trying to get signal -FTA but yet 2 hit green. I also took my decoder 2 a neighbor, it turn green immediately I input the correct frequencies, sat etc. Could it be that my antenna is not well positioned or is there any other setting I dont know about? Waiting for reply from the gurus in the house.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ikiriye(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2009
from stanley,plz can somebody advice me p\on what size of dish will nail nilesat for me i portharcourt

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ikiriye(m): 8:35am On Dec 08, 2009
the gurus in this wonderful forum i hail una.plz am new in this forum having gone true seasons 1,2,3.i want to hit nilesat in portharcourt.i need an affordable dish size and type that can deliver that bird to my parlour.
what type of lnb and brand name and posible tp to use.i have strong 69x already.kind souls in the house,am awaiting response.my mail address is ikiriye@yahoo.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2009
Ikiriye:

the gurus in this wonderful forum i hail una.plz am new in this forum having gone true seasons 1,2,3.i want to hit nilesat in portharcourt.i need an affordable dish size and type that can deliver that bird to my parlour.
what type of lnb and brand name and posible tp to use.i have strong 69x already.kind souls in the house,am awaiting response.my mail address is ikiriye@yahoo.com 0r 08037093910

with 3m dish size, nilesat is at your fingertip, get across to pitodenz, butoneday or george_d. They will help you out.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kcbenjamin(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2009
@ Enitan 2002, I just secured a 1.8 m supermax pole mount dish with a strong cband lnb but the problem is, i have never installed a c band dish before. please be kind enough to give me directive on how to go about it. as well as the most easy to track bird. I reside in Asaba ,delta state. thanks for your swift responce and God bless.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kcbenjamin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2009
@ Enitan2000, my question was only a humble request please do not feel offended. Everyone needs a teacher to become a master. I still believe in you. Thanks for everyone your contribution has helped and even if i am not qualified to benefit from this forum you have created, you and all are still the greatest cause not everyone will give out their knowledge for free.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.