Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Total Commences $15bn Egina Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Commences $15bn Egina Project (12599 Views)

NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue / $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by gbanikiti(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
Garri the 1st: Nice development!!

Abeg make I learn this my work fast fast so that I fit chop for this cake oooo!!

No time for dulling....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dey tell you! pesin gaz upgrade im qualifications. Oil company things on my mind.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by anonimi: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

Most of the blacks on Egina are support staff. Eko towers is there for anyone interested to verify to visit. 150 million Nigerians and we are not competent to handle certain positions. grin

My brother.. Fogerrabout..

We can either continue down the road of self deceit or face up to our DEFICIENCIES in technical and vocational training coupled with apprecticeship and international certification.
Otherwise we continue supplyin ONLY cooks like the one who survived the capsized boat recently.
Our choice.
Our CONSEQUECIES!!!
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by mandarin: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Prof Corruption: [size=14pt]Egina Oil Field, Nigeria[/size]
SAPETRO 5%? wow its a big money thing for the Taraba man again.The bulk is foreign owned lets forget it

http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/egina-field/
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

So na all of us dey JV offshore.. grin

Na Bernard wey just go be EGM back to back na.. And that dude was a world class douche bag.

grin grin grin Okija..... how u take know, I know say u be member too
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Bros no talk wetin you no know cool..... was there , been there and still there......which major activities wey d FPSO is on d way and most well drilled.... and dont go preaching to Nigerians that there is no expatriate quota....the EGM was my B ( mr patrick)..... and his "back to back" is a "oui mousieur " if you understand french and there r currently hundreds of them in that proj....Eko towers can help u count

Guy, no one is talking about FPSO that are mostly pre fabricated from korea. I'm talking about Umbilicals, Flow lines and risers, FLETS, Bouys, FPSO piles, Buoyancy tanks.

Each standard PIP( pipe in pipe), assuming you are going to understand my terminology, is 50 meters in length and the minimum time required to complete one set through cutting, insertion, coating, welding and ndt is around a week. How long do you you a think sizable local company can complete 80 kilometers in total length of 50 meters each a piece?

FLET and ILT( water, gas or production) is another system that requires at least a week to complete one; the minimum required in this project should be around 60. In USAN project we had 39, In APKO project we had 36.

What about MUD MATS? You need atleast 2 weeks to complete a single mud mat. from cutting, welding, sand blasting, coating. This project should have at least 20 mud mats.

what about SPOOLS AND JUMPERS? the high tolerance requirements and criticality makes them one of the most sensitive part of the project.
These are usually instal using ROV running atleast 3000 feets below the sea level. Some of the jumpers are more than 37 meters in length.

FPSO piles, which are going to be produced here should have at least 8 months before completion. They varied in diameter from 5 to 8 meters and also veried in length from 17 to 37 meters high(depending on the mud level at point).

Bouys is one of the most complex system, and only one is needed. The USAN(with is smaller than this) bouy took at least 2 and half years before loadouts.

What about Buoyancy tanks??

Testing and concession??

Loadouts and installation??

I'm using my phone to type, I would given you more details.Infact, this project won't be completed by 2019, since it is an EPC PROJECT. Let's be looking at pre commissioning around second quarter of 2019.

Please, am using my phone to type.

1 Like

Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by chudidonas(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
it seems like all the lads here are already in the oil and gas industry. Lemme use this opportunity to chip this in. Please am looking for an opportunity to gain some experience in HSE department. I am certified by NISP up to level 3. Pls help me out if there's any vacancy. Even it means doing a voluntary job. Thanks and God bless
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
chudidonas: it seems like all the lads here are already in the oil and gas industry. Lemme use this opportunity to chip this in. Please am looking for an opportunity to gain some experience in HSE department. I am certified by NISP up to level 3. Pls help me out if there's any vacancy. Even it means doing a voluntary job. Thanks and God bless

That qualification won't help you that much. You need NEBOSH. OHS lead 18001:2007 or EMS 14001:2004.
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by chudidonas(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Thank you Rhino. Yea, learnt about nebosh igc and iogc from a friend weeks ago and its very expensive.. I am still trying to find money for it sha. Maybe by september or October I'll undertake the training. It's well!!
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
I served at South Atlantic Petroleum Limited last year, but wasn't retained as they are not yet a fully technical oil Producing comPany. So they engage only few staffs (ex Perienced though). Abeg all my senior Ogas in Total, Mobil, Eunisell, Homble energy etc. Abeg make una helP me, even if it is a contract Position. I beg una. I have a major in Petroleum Engineering. Gracias wink Okija & co
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
chudidonas: Thank you Rhino. Yea, learnt about nebosh igc and iogc from a friend weeks ago and its very expensive.. I am still trying to find money for it sha. Maybe by september or October I'll undertake the training. It's well!!

You are welcome. I just have to let it out to you. We used to give regard to NISP and SON until we realised during interviews the level of corruption going on there. Most people wielding that certificate can't write a simple safety procedure. No thanks to our brothers selling the certificates to incompetent fellas. Get any of those I mentioned above and you are good to go. cool
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by chudidonas(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
By Gods grace, I'll bro. HSE is my passion and I'll surely get to its root. Thank u very much.
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by ogogo24(m): 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
I keep wondering, why is NNPC's quota only 10%? I was expecting nothing less than 40% or am I missing something?
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Am still here o! I need mentoring to understand d tricks of the trade,Pros & cons ,certifications & what have you. I can PM you. Invest in a brother today. Rhino.5dm & co
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wolvy X5: Am still here o! I need mentoring to understand d tricks of the trade,Pros & cons ,certifications & what have you. I can PM you. Invest in a brother today

What was your area of primary assignment during service or in.which department did you served?
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
Data Management (E & P). But learnt a little on the use of EcliPse (reservoir software). But as a greenhorn or rookie I am flexible & can fit into any Position (Drilling, Production,HSE. etc)
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wolvy X5: Data Management (E & P). But learnt a little on the use of EcliPse (reservoir software). But as a greenhorn or rookie I am flexible & can fit into any Position (Drilling, Production,HSE. etc)

lol
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
My guy u have to make do wiv where you find yourself. Anywhere can be a stePPing stone. Since. My PaPa no get oil comPany. I don't have the luxury to dictate where I want cheesy
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wolvy X5: Data Management (E & P). But learnt a little on the use of EcliPse (reservoir software). But as a greenhorn or rookie I am flexible & can fit into any Position (Drilling, Production,HSE. etc)

1-You can be a material or welding Inspect by getting CSWIP or AWS certification.

2-You can be in NDT by getting NDT level I or Level II certification.

3- HSE by getting any those certifications I earlier mentioned

4-Painting and Coating by getting NACE or BGAS certification

With any of the above, you can easily find your way into projects and start making money. But not so fast, cos each of these certificates I mentioned can you cost you upto 500k, depending on which one you want to have. Get them from any accredited international organisation organising the examination.

Secondly, If you want to be in drilling or production, then you first have to leave the country and go get a second degree from a reputable institution or get trained in either UK or US, then get sizable working experience before most company can look at you. No sane company would allow a rookie to handle their drilling operations running into several million of dollars or allow you run their well simulation without a nice resume(few, I mean very few may be willing to train you).

I'm here if you need anything, just ask cool
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by ceejay4real(m): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Well, I'll surely see to this ASAP. But you have to be patient for a while cos according to the project gantt chart, major activities will take off from mid next year. KIV cool
Mr. Rhino abeg I wont mind keying in2 d Oil & Gas sector. My add is dbigcee@yahoo.com. Tanx a lot Sir!
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
500k shocked #faints#
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by ceejay4real(m): 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bros..

Al I will tell you is to go and wait at the Total building by Eko Hotel. Thats where Egina Project is situated. Infact, its only Egina in that building. Try and count the number of Oyinbos versus Blacks that leave the building after work.. grin

I read this and laughed. A colleague just started work in that building.. Says it feels like France when once you pass reception. grin

Total is still recruiting Oyinbos like crazy. Just this week.. 3 joined my project team. Meanwhile, no black has been recruited since I've been here o! grin

Are u not black? Abi u be brown or dark tan? Ha ha ha.......!!!
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
ceejay4real: Mr. Rhino abeg I wont mind keying in2 d Oil & Gas sector. My add is dbigcee@yahoo.com. Tanx a lot Sir!

My guy, I don't have any job to give you.
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr rhino, are u into quality inspectns(fabrications) or into drilling
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Life no fair o! OJB dey find 16 milla for Kidney transPlant & I just need 500k for certifications undecided Nairalanders make me sef droP Acct. Details. Chief Sweetus & Co helP me make my dream a reality
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wolvy X5: 500k shocked #faints#
Upto??

The actual fee for registering AWS for example is 380k. But you are definitely going to need a guide or a tutor to show the practical aspect of the examination and you have to pay him. In PH I know tutors or guides collect from 100k to 120k depending on the person. Without these guides or tutorials, I'm 99% sure you won't pass the exams.

The examination consist of 2 areas

1- Practicals(VISUAL INSPECTION) :- This section will test your practical ability to follow and understand WPS from the welding engineer. The use of tools to measure and compare welding gap, bevel angle, diameter of welding rod, pre heat temperate, inter pass temperature and so on. Your ability to identify welding defects like undercuts, porosity and what have you.

2- Theoretical aspect:- This section will test your understanding of different welding processes and welding conditions which includes types of welding Processes and their respective characteristics like argon weld, arc welding, semi and full automatic welding to mentioned but a few. Your understanding of codes and.terminology 2g, 5g and all that.

I'm still typing with my phone ooo. Incase you see typos.
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Rhino5dm: 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Castroii: Mr rhino, are u into quality inspectns(fabrications) or into drilling

Just bring on your questions from any aspect, I know a little about everything cool
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wolvy X5: Life no fair o! OJB dey find 16 milla for Kidney transPlant & I just need 500k for certifications undecided Nairalanders make me sef droP Acct. Details. Chief Sweetus & Co helP me make my dream a reality
You no serious! grin

1 Like

Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Rhinoceros, good job you are doing here. Seriously, all this big big grammar you dey blow for here, i no understand anyone. Ori mi ti fokasibe! My brain dey hot! cry

For someone who had a Bsc in Geography and environmental management, what professional courses can i study to work in an oil firm? me sef wan work for oyel company, who no like beta tin?

3 Likes

Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by winneijay(f): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hi Rhino,

What About your IT section......

I've got Cisco & Microsoft Certifications.

Thanks
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by WolvyX5: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Thanks Mr Rhino. Ehe! # clearing throat # account matter don land. All u yatch owners or future yatch owners grin make una come sow 4 my head nah. 0051460478 GTB (Ibe Henry). Tenk grin Politicians can hide their loot here 2
Re: Total Commences $15bn Egina Project by defmute: 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
All,

The EGINA project is a big step supporting the claim to the emergence of deep-water operations or Subsea technology in the Nigerian oil and gas sector. This type of field development is common within offshore Angola i.e Blk 15, PSVM Blk 31, Blk 18, Proposed Blk 32-Kaombo field etc.

So we should embrace it !! It follows developments such as Shell Bonga, Total Akpo field, Chevron Agbami field and Exxon Mobil Ehra North projects... It's something that Nigerians working within the Subsea engineering circle have been clamoring for and finally happy that all politics hindering its commencement have been put aside and the bigger picture of what such project brings to the local front is exploited!!

For years now, some Nigerians all across the globe have been privileged getting vital hands-on experience on such type of deep-water field development work but for operating fields located outside Nigeria. So I do believe that many Nigerians whether local or diaspora will be eager to get a fair bit of work from the EGINA project whether Subsea controls, SURF, Processing, Flow Assurance, Intervention, HSE, planning etc..

I must say in my own opinion that not all the expertise required to deliver such project are readily available within the Nigerian camp so we must tolerate a bit assistance or input from foreign guys too ! whether French, Brits, Yankees etc who cares.. rather let's seize the opportunity to tap the skills from them as required if need be !! I do equally understand if there are few dummies coming under the tag expat !! But for now, I believe we should get the skills lacking to help us build a better case against such dummies in future..

I also know that the EGINA project recruitment team are equally trying to get as much local Nigerian workforce as they can on this project plus luring skilled Nigerian professionals in diaspora too.

Hence the reason why they are offering a special local contract for such Nigerians which is completely different from the local contract offered to Nigerians on ground. They call this " local contract for Highly skilled Nigerian professionals " !!!

This mirrors the expat package they offer to expatriates in order to compensate such person who has lived and worked abroad for years and are recruited to return back to Nigeria mainly to work on the EGINA project.

This so called " special local contract " is a bit of a gray area and not much info have been released to date detailing what its benefits includes therein. But if you happen to be in discussion with the EGINA HR team, remember nothing stop you from demanding what you feel is convenient for you and your family to pack your bags and return home to work for them!! Whether they call it local contract or not as long as they meet your terms as a minimum ! No shakings !

So let's say bye bye to the marginal shallow water developments and land rigs etc rather let us welcome Subsea trees (vertical,horizontal or stack up), Subsea wellheads, Subsea manifolds, Riser systems (SCRs, Flexibles, HRT, SHR etc), Flowlines ( Rigid, flexible, piggyback or bundled pipelines), Subsea anchors, Subsea structures (FLETS, PLEMS, UTAs, Buoyancy Tanks, Suction piles), challenging flow assurance issues , potential processing issues and many more !!!

Please do keep this discussion alive.. production starts 2017 as estimated so there will be plenty to share and talk about if you have dealings with this project. Info is key !!

Bye for now !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do We Have Hausas On Nairaland At All? / Nigerian Banks Aid Looters - EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu / EFCC Arraigned 9 Civil Servants Charged With Involvement In Payroll Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.