Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo (6532 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto / Boy Tries To Set Mosque Ablaze In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:22am On Jun 26, 2013
Personnel of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Cross River State Tuesday set ablaze a tankerloaded with adulterated diesel from illegal refinery in Odukpani Local Government Area of the state. On June 10, the same tanker with registration number URU-34XA Imo State was impounded with adulterated diesel by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the 13 Brigade, Nigerian Army in Calabar and Spokesman of the JTF, Captain Joseph James, said the NSCDC operatives handed over the truck to the JTF. James explained that the tanker was set ablaze because after undergoing a laboratory test at the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) yard in Calabar, the product tested positive.

He also revealed that members of the JTF also intercepted a tanker and arms from suspected bunkerers some months ago, along Calabar-Odukpani highway. Oil theft and illegal bunkering has been one of the challenges facing the state in recent times, he said, adding that the JTF made up of the Nigerian Army, Air force, Navy, Police and the NSCDC, is working hard to eradicate oil theft in the state.

The two suspects, Chika Ozoemene and Abel Enya, the spokesman added, had been handed over to the NSCDC for prosecution. I want members of the public to have confidence in what JTF is doing in the state and report suspected oil theft to JTF as their identity will be protected.

The fight against oil theft in the state and Nigeria is a collective responsibility of all individuals, not only the JTF, he said. James appealed for accurate information from the public, sayingit would help the JTF to apprehend perpetrators of the illegal act.

Anybody with useful information on oil theft should visit the JTF headquarters at 13 Brigade Nigerian Army Calabar, James said, adding that: The suspects voluntarily confessed that the contents are adulterated. One of the suspects, Ozoemene confessed in an interview with journalists, saying: I have been fully engaged in oil theft for a long period of time now, if am released out of here, I will live a better life. He said he was lured into the illegal act by his friends after failing to secure a good means of livelihood.

Source: thisdaylive.

1 Like

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by BashMe1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
[size=22pt]YAAY, Naija is making Sense now!!![/size]
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by lafuria1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Typical jtf, any man must eat, when you don't create jobs, people will create one by themselves, legally or not.
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Debeloved87(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wow...Then thats what we called cleaning up Nigeria from corruption and corrupt activities
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by aminho(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
9ja my country

1 Like

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nscdc and jtf nice one,that is the best thing to do,to the bunkers and oil theft.
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Rooneyboy(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
OK !
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by yahrant140(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
JTF Again!!!
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by chygoz3(m): 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Why is the title bearing Imo and not cross river?
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
chygoz3: Why is the title bearing Imo and not cross river?

because nigerians are jealous of igbos tongue

5 Likes

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by iheneme(m): 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
OP, abeg na for Calabar abi Imo this thing happen?
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by chygoz3(m): 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
joel lala:

Huh? Jealous how?
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
@OP, kindly change the topic fron "IMO" to "CROSS RIVER"
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by frabel: 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
these petty oil thieves should not be the issue. JTF should channel their resources in catching the main CRUDE OIL thieves who use might ocean going vessels to move our oil abroad. I rest my case.
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
chygoz3:
Huh? Jealous how?

i was being sacarstic
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by LordNaya: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
I have noticed that any bad news from the SE makes it to the front page rapidly while the numerous evils and crimes from the South West are rapidly hidden or deleted. The mods in Nairaland are very bias. The federal government should close down this website in order to stop the continious seed of hatred sowed in this site among the youths facilitated by biad mod.

4 Likes

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by PeeDaVinci: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
imo, this sounds like a positive step taken in the negative direction. in these days of climate change, i think a safer cleaner way should have been used to dispose of the diesel while making sure that the owners of the illegal refinery pay for any expenses incurred in the process of doing that.

1 Like

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Cmanforall: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
the̶̲̥̅̊ heading is misleading... From the̶̲̥̅̊ report, this happened in cross river state and not imo state...@Op, pls take note....

Setting the̶̲̥̅̊ tanker ablaze?? Is that actually d best approach to this.

I wud hv suggested spilling the̶̲̥̅̊ content of the̶̲̥̅̊ tanker... Then empound it. t
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by abduldope(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
my simple question is WHO CARES ? grin
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by WIZGUY69(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
adulterated ko! Fornicated ni!! Btw aw imo and calabar take resemble
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Gombs(m): 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nothing in this report makes sense

1. Izzit in imo or cross river?

2. Cross River is not an oil producing state...aw comes dey av an illegal refinery?I served thr n I'm pretty sure am right!

3. Odukpani- calabar highway??...

4. Why set the tanker ablaze then? Because its content failed lab analysis? Whatever happened to impound the vehicle n make some arrests? Mo gbe o!

5. Tested positive to what? HIV? Steriods?? What o?

6. "The two suspects, Chika Ozoemene and Abel Enya, the spokesman added, had been handed over to the NSCDC for prosecution." Its either am mad or my eyes av gone crazy..nscdc now persecutes criminals?...NPF dey bench now?...since wen? I must av missed dat development

7. "The suspects voluntarily confessed that the contents are
adulterated. " If so, then aw does dat mean there's an illegal refinery there?

8. Is dis not suppose to be in the Joke section?

*picks phone to call seun, inspector gen of police, DHQ, the real 'oga at the top'

1 Like

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by UnclevicYBNL(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
joel lala:

You re right broda
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Ijawboi(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
How them take burn fuel? Abi them pour real fuel untop the fake one?? Who light the match stick?? Is the person still alive??
I'm HIGH by the way..

Eskay is bad for you, but we go still blaze..
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by valicious1(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
OP SO YOUR DICTIONARY HAS REPLACED IMO WITH EVIL ABI angry angry angry angry angry
SO BECOS YOUR CAR PLATE NUMBER BEARS LAGOS MEANS EVERYWHERE YOUR CAR IS SEEN AUTHOMATICALLY BECOMES LAGOS?
TAKE YOUR TIME O
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by MrAboki: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
SO Basically... The Nigerian Army/security forces destroyed evidence without a court order.. grin

What a country full of fucktards..

A kidnappers house is demolished on the orders of a state governor in Anambra State without a court order. Basically destroying crucial evidence without a court order.

Isnt this an extra-judicial action?

Shouldnt such activities be illegal?

Since when did the NSCDC/ARMY/Police or any other security become a court of Law?

We are celebrating this gross criminal behavior because it involves diesel abi?! One day, police will burn your car because you had illegal petrol inside.

This is very very wrong...

This is criminal and should not be condoned.

This is the era of RULE OF LAW, not the MILITARY ERA.

We say we are a democracy but act like we are still under Military rule.

FUUUCCCK THE POLICE!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by MrAboki: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ijawboi: How them take burn fuel? Abi them pour real fuel untop the fake one?? Who light the match stick?? Is the person still alive??
I'm HIGH by the way..

Eskay is bad for you, but we go still blaze..

Bros... Please stay away from Eskay!! Its not pure gbana.

Stick strictly to pure herb.
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
which kind source be 'this days live'? undecided
no pix no website
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Ijawboi(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
I just 1 comment full this first page so that guests no go read other people comments for 2nd page..

*evul Laugh*
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by Ijawboi(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Bros... Please stay away from Eskay!! Its not pure gbana.

Stick strictly to pure herb.
god, forgive us for all the herb we don burn and for the ones we go burn later
Re: JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo by MrAboki: 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ijawboi: god, forgive us for all the herb we don burn and for the ones we go burn later

Amen Brother...

Puts down the egbo... Does sign of the cross.. Picks Egbo up.. Takes a long drag.. Passes it pun the left hand side. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army / Breaking news!! Why Gen Buhari Dodged Gen Attahiru's Burial. / Kuje jailbreak: Court Denies Abba Kyari Bail Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.