Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia (3873 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Abians Celebrate Otti's Victory In Umuahia (Photos) / What I Saw In Umuahia, Abia State Last Week (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by jenny22: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2013
THE ANNIVERSAY CELEBRATION OF THE 2013 DAY OF THE AFRICAN CHILD, HELD AT UMUAHIA, ON MONDAY, 24TH JUNE, 2013. BY HER EXCELLENCY, LADY MERCY ODOCHI ORJI, WIFE OF THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE.

The 16th day of every June is a remarkable day in the life of every African child. It is a historical day for all Africans and lovers of African Children. That is why it was set aside by the African leaders and members of the African Union (A.U), as a special day for remembrance of African Children who were disfigured and butchered to death by minority apartheid Government in Soweto, South Africa – 1976.
The theme for this year celebration is: Preventing Harmful Socio-cultural Practices against Children: Our Collective Responsibility.

In Her speech explains that, this theme is very appropriate in view of the responsibilities of parents and caregivers in the training of our children to be patriots and worthy ambassador.

Furthermore, it is a fact that the government of His Excellency, Sir Dr. T.A. Orji (OCHENDO) sees children as the future of all human society, that need to be nurtured and protected. This will enable them develop into responsible and productive adults, who will tomorrow assume leadership for the running of our society.

Her Excellency, always lean on the words of Ephesians 6: 1—3 which says “children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right” and obey in all things for it is pleasing unto the Lord. Let the words of the 5th commandment which says “obey thy father and mother, so that thy life will be long here on this earth which I have given thee”, Deuteronomy 5:16 be your watchword.

Finally, the Ochendo administration has removed all bottlenecks that will hinder the smooth operations of the 5th Abia State Children’s Parliament. It has complied with the relevant provision of the child right act of 2003 for the interest of Abia Children.

Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by redsquare(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
Na only this kain thing T.A Orji de appear in. When the likes of Fashola,Chime,Amaechi,Akpabio are busy commissioning mega projects. I pity Abians. T.A Orji na real clown.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by deshclones(m): 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
its official..NL has been hijacked by the t.a orji's goons....sad cry cry cry

won't be surprised if the said speaker of the children's parliament is a relative of t.a orji since they have willed every thing tangible in abia state to the orji family....spits
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by 5much(m): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Abia can do better than dis
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by Blessmira: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
They shld try 2 protect d rights of our future leaders. Not only in Abia bt also in other states. Weldon T.A n madam Orji.
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by sambroose(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Tinoxky: Going for tnx Giving on sunda
I'm happy for you o
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
embarassedThought Awka was a joke to the pple until I went to umuahia..out of al d eastern govs only Chime worked thou my gov Adaobi is workin with his mouth nd pictures

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by stolenstone: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
Golden guinea breweries is owned by who?? Pls can anyone answer me this question?
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by Mikehell(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
[b]
deshclones: its official..NL has been hijacked by the t.a orji's goons....sad cry cry cry

won't be surprised if the said speaker of the children's parliament is a relative of t.a orji since they have willed every thing tangible in abia state to the orji family....spits
[/b]
Are u sure they havent hijack u yourself?
Re: 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia by Uceegal: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wat exactly is happening to Abia State?

(1) (Reply)

Deep Web Enterprise / Akpabio Flops On Focus Nigeria / The Organised Scam Called Naptin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.