Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Oil Discovered In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Lagos (27022 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State / Crude Oil Discovered In Ara Orin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
I strongly support the motion? Can we now divide? I need to lead my ancestral land by myself!
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Gold and Diamond have been discovered in North. Zamfara and Kastina respectively(the remote LGA).

Unfortunately the natives are the ones doing the mining and selling at very cheap rates too.

Where in Zamfara and Katsina abeg?
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by nijanigga: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
king of pool: Lagos is turnin to all eye city, the world is goin to be revolvin along lagos and soon ll join world five biggest economy states.....
Commnets from a half-baked semi-illiterate Nigerian.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

If Ondo and Ogun (?) are sitting on oil well, so are the other SW states. Division is likely going to be drawn out for all the "chop money clean mouth" politicians to have heir share.
APPARENTLY THE OIL WAS PUT IN THE CORE OF THE EARTH AS A LUBRICANT SO THAT THE EARTH CAN SPIN ON ITS AXIS BUT THE FOURTH BEAST ( CAUCASIANS ) HAS DECIDED TO DESTROY THE EARTH BY DRILLING IT AND TAKING OUT THIS OIL >>> REVELATION 11 VS 18 and thy wrath is come to destroy them which destroy the earth I AM SURPRISED AFTER ALL THE OIL TAKEN OUT OF THE CORE OF THE EARTH THAT THE EARTH HAS NOT STOPPED ROTATING AND DROP OFF INTO THE ABYSS SOMEWHERE KILLING ALL OF US.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by alfaman1: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
I have just put Afam on notice. He has an expalining to do or he has to get busy.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: APPARENTLY THE OIL WAS PUT IN THE CORE OF THE EARTH AS A LUBRICANT SO THAT THE EARTH CAN SPIN ON ITS AXIS BUT THE FOURTH BEAST ( CAUCASIANS ) HAS DECIDED TO DESTROY THE EARTH BY DRILLING IT AND TAKING OUT THIS OIL >>> REVELATION 11 VS 18 and thy wrath is come to destroy them which destroy the earth I AM SURPRISED AFTER ALL THE OIL TAKEN OUT OF THE CORE OF THE EARTH THAT THE EARTH HAS NOT STOPPED ROTATING AND DROP OFF INTO THE ABYSS SOMEWHERE KILLING ALL OF US.

Obadiah, come and take your pill

4 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Malawian(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
what is the source of that oil you guys purportedly found in lagos? could it be the result of those oily shait you guys have been releasing down the years? just wondering though.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by alfaman1: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Afam, you have 2 hours!
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Obadiah, come and take your pill
grin grin grin * POPS THE PILL GIVEN ME BY MADAM *
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Malawian: what is the source of that oil you guys purportedly found in lagos? could it be the result of those oily shait you guys have been releasing down the years? just wondering though.

Nah the oily shoit are being eaten up by our SE brothers. Na their source of protein. Yum
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin * POPS THE PILL GIVEN ME BY MADAM *

Oya, now try to reply me again lol
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2013

Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation, Lagos State

The Lagos State House of Assembly passed into law a bill to establish Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation to invest and engage in oil and gas activities in the state and for connected purposes.

According to section 2 of the bill, the Corporation shall have powers to engage in all oil and gas upstream activities, including exploration, drilling and production; invest in a company or a consortium for the purpose of participating in oil and gas bid rounds and seeking marginal fields allocation.

Other powers of the corporation include acquiring old or new exploration and drilling prospects and prospecting abandoned wells anywhere in Nigeria and Overseas. “Optimise the benefits of Petroleum Policies of the Federal Government; acquire gas volumes and other supplies for state as may be considered appropriate.

“Liaise with the Federal Government agencies or private and multinational companies to deliver petroleum products to the state in the most effective and cost efficient manner; invest in refinery, petrochemical processing or other production processes and do all such things necessary to facilitate the discharge of its responsibilities.”

Section 3 of the bill, which talks about the establishment and composition of the Governing Board of the Corporation, states that: “There is established for the corporation a Governing Board to be known as Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation Governing Board.

The Board according to Section 3 (2) shall comprise of the Chairman; four (4) members from the Public or Private Sector; the Managing Director; and the Permanent Secretary or a representative in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources not below Grade Level 15 to be nominated by the Commissioner.

The members of the Board except the ex-officio members shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to the confirmation of the House, while the appointment of the Chairman and four (4) members of the Board shall be from the five Divisions of the state.

The corporation according to Section 22 of the bill, may with the approval of the House of Assembly borrow from time to time such sum of money for and in connection with exercise of its powers under the law as the Board may deem fit.

Governor Babatunde Fashola yesterday signed the bill for law to establish the Ibile Oil and Gas Corporation.

http://www.oilandgaspress.com/wp/?p=14484
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That was right on time..

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Kennykenty(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
I thought Folawiyo & cø is drilling oil some where around Lagos axis in commercial quantity?. Pls i stand to be corrected.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by dangali: 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
HUMMM Nigerian, sorry to found oil in different locations in Nigeria is not our problem,but how to utilised it to reach to common man
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Oya, now try to reply me again lol
WISH I COULD. DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT NIGERIA, ITS STATES AND ITS POLITICIANS BUT WHAT I HEAR ON NAIRALAND tongue HOWEVER THIS OIL DISCOVERY IS BAD NEWS ALL AROUND
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kennykenty: I thought Folawiyo & cø is drilling oil some where around Lagos axis in commercial quantity?. Pls i stand to be corrected.

Yes...

That's Aje oil field (OML 113) With Folawiyo and Chevron. Production begins next year..
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: WISH I COULD. DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT NIGERIA, ITS STATES AND ITS POLITICIANS BUT WHAT I HEAR ON NAIRALAND tongue HOWEVER THIS OIL DISCOVERY IS BAD NEWS ALL AROUND

wink
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: APPARENTLY THE OIL WAS PUT IN THE CORE OF THE EARTH AS A LUBRICANT SO THAT THE EARTH CAN SPIN ON ITS AXIS BUT THE FOURTH BEAST ( CAUCASIANS ) HAS DECIDED TO DESTROY THE EARTH BY DRILLING IT AND TAKING OUT THIS OIL >>> REVELATION 11 VS 18 and thy wrath is come to destroy them which destroy the earth I AM SURPRISED AFTER ALL THE OIL TAKEN OUT OF THE CORE OF THE EARTH THAT THE EARTH HAS NOT STOPPED ROTATING AND DROP OFF INTO THE ABYSS SOMEWHERE KILLING ALL OF US.
Ignorant talk...what do you understand by the earth's core? The earth's core is only known or inferred from refractive studies and other techniques. No known Man-made equipment has the capacity yet to drill into the earth's core...it's even the uppermost part of the mantle that has been breached. I think you really need those pills from Texas. Cowgirl.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Saint Chukz: Ignorant talk...what do you understand by the earth's core? The earth's core is only known or inferred from refractive studies and other techniques. No known Man-made equipment has the capacity yet to drill into the earth's core...it's even the uppermost part of the mantle that has been breached. I think you really need those pills from Texas. Cowgirl.

He was joking wink

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by PedroJP(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
omowolewa: This is not a news.

The real News is that, nations are now discovering Crude oil in commercial quantity. Demands for our oil will soon reduce in a way that will affect our economy.

Ghana, Benin, Togo, CIV, Niger, Cameroon, America, India and most potential buyers have discovered oil, so whatz the hype?!

The only nation that is yet to discover oil in a way that will affect our Economy greatly is China(I stand be corrected) but they are working seriously on alternative energy.

Okay, if everything remains equal, with maximum repatriation of profit by multinational companies and gross embezzlement by the Ogas@d top, HOW DOES THE DISCOVERY TRANSLATE TO A BETTER LIFE FOR THE NIGERIAN MASSES?

wanted to ask u d same question b4 seeing it at the end of ur comment. I would even pray dat everybody gets oil at his doorstep so dat NAija will drink theirs. Can't figure out the economic advantage of that oil in Nigeria when we still don't have good roads, access to clean water, factories,sophisticated hospitals,sense of security, and even usage of our oil. More or less beautifying cities. I think Naija sees their own economy in figures alone,not really practical

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Something tells me that Nigeria is sitting on an oil well.
If you own a wizard's stick then you don't really need anything to tell you Nigeria is sitting on an oil well. Whether the oil wells contain either proven or probable reserves is another discussion on its own.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

He was joking wink
Well i just had to wet down the jokes cos of its saltiness and dryness...!
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
Saint Chukz: Ignorant talk...what do you understand by the earth's core? The earth's core is only known or inferred from refractive studies and other techniques. No known Man-made equipment has the capacity yet to drill into the earth's core...it's even the uppermost part of the mantle that has been breached. I think you really need those pills from Texas. Cowgirl.
YOU HARDLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. SMH
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by GotNoBrainsYo: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
[size=40pt]EKO O NI BAJE O[color=#990000][/color][/size]
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Gold and Diamond have been discovered in North. Zamfara and Kastina respectively(the remote LGA).

Unfortunately the natives are the ones doing the mining and selling at very cheap rates too.
Geomorphologically speaking...i wouldn't even call those stones Gold or Diamond,but some dirty facies pellets that took on the appearance of the real precious stones. Wait a minute..! Did u mention diamond in Zamfara and katsina..? No..that's definitely some glittery dirty crystals and not diamond.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Saint Chukz: Geomorphologically speaking...i wouldn't even call those stones Gold or Diamond,but some dirty facies pellets that took on the appearance of the real precious stones. Wait a minute..! Did u mention diamond in Zamfara and katsina..? No..that's definitely some glittery dirty crystals and not diamond.
LOOK AT THIS BOOTLEG WANNABE GEOLOGIST MAKING NOISE SMH grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: YOU HARDLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. SMH
You are a lizard..no wonder you always shake your head rather than admit your goof. And what's with the irritating caps?
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by costan306(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
the want 2 destroy lagos lyk the did 2 those poor communities in niger delta
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Saint Chukz: You are a lizard..no wonder you always shake your head rather than admit your goof. And what's with the irritating caps?
YOU AINT NO SAINT. FROM HENCEFORTH YOUR NEW NAME IS 'REPROBATE CHUKZ' cheesy
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by SaintChukz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
obadiah777: LOOK AT THIS BOOTLEG WANNABE GEOLOGIST MAKING NOISE SMH grin
Shouldn't you be in the religious section or something? Rather than constitute a nuisance on this thread.
Re: Oil Discovered In Lagos by IYANGBALI: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
Walexz02: Omo mehn!! I love hearing this kind of news...
now we go our separate ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion / Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / A Picture Of Buhari In 1977

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.