Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

“Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri (27108 Views)

How Floating The Naira Benefits You - Reno Omokri / Never Bite The Hand That Fed You! Reno / Man Asks Reno Omokri, "Who Is Bankrolling You?". Reno Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Drinokrane: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
A former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has advised not to give money to people who use better phones as that would amount to ‘stupidity’, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Omokri said this in a tweet on Friday.

He said that a mobile phone is a communication gadget and not a status symbol.

Omokri added that anyone who gives money to people with better phones is ‘enabling their false lifestyle’.

“A phone is a COMMUNICATION gadget, not a STATUS symbol. NEVER give money to someone who uses a better phone than you. Doing so is not CHARITY. It is STUPIDITY. You are enabling their FALSE LIFESTYLE. CHARITY funds NECESSITIES, not LUXURIES,” he said.

The former presidential aide also said that one of the things that keep poor people poor and in debt is the habit of upgrading their phones.

“One of the most USELESS habits that keeps POOR people POOR and in DEBT is the habit of UPGRADING your perfectly good PHONE just because APPLE, SAMSUNGMOBILE or TECNOMOBILE have introduced a new one. Do you see RICH people being that STUPID?” he queried.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/831283/bombshell-never-give-money-to-someone-who-uses-better-phone-than-you-reno-omokri/

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Natoski5(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Makes a little sense..

I could remember while I was in jss3 I was using BlackBerry z10, my dad was using nokia asha... grin grin..yet I no day work

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Richdad50(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
shocked

Very true words. I dont give to beggars on the streets. I seek for widows and orphans first in the household of God.

In addition, You might think it is kindness to spend what little money you have on the poor. But it is actually kinder to invest your little money and grow it so you become wealthy enough to help even more poor people. $100 feeds a few, but $1 million can feed a whole community.

Richdad

158 Likes 20 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by realwiz1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Could remember using an iPhone 6 in 2017, I told my guy to help me with 1k. He was using Nokia asha. The look he gave me was 20 expressions in 1 lol shocked

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by BRAINTORMS(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
zcfb
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Nathphil(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Funny but true

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by LoveJesus87(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Well he has a point. May God give all of us wisdom live a financially discipline life style

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by minasota(f): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Best advise so far

7 Likes

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by dejio42(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Well
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Cletus77(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
I wonder where Reno gets his intelligent quotes and words from...

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by opalu: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ok

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by brainbox1000(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ok
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Nathdoug201: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
How can you be using iPhone x max
And you dey beg me when dey use techno money

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Saheed9: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
I don't agree with this

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by sonnie10: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
What if the phone was a gift?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by osemoses69: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Natoski5:
Makes a little sense..

I could remember while I was in jss3 I was using BlackBerry z10, my dad was using nokia asha... grin grin..yet I no day work
indomie generation them,jss3 using blackberry z10�‍♂️Men don surfer for this forum oooo

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by apple30(f): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Everybody is guilty,except u r not a Nigerian. grin

2 Likes

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by wahles(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Rubbish
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Chipappii(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
My father will stop giving me money naa

7 Likes

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by 2019elections: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please read, a true life story.

A man had three beautiful girlfriends but didn't know which one to marry. As a test, he gave them N2,000,000 each to see how they will spend it.

The first girlfriend went to get a complete makeover. She came back and said. Here I am "I spent the money so I could look good to you cos I love you so much".

The second went shopping. Bought iPhone X-max, iPad, and other luxuries for the boyfriend. She came back and said " I bought you all these gifts cos I love you".

The third collected the money and invested . Afterwards, the money doubled and he returned to the boyfriend. He gave him back his money and said " I invested the money. Here is the capital, the interest has been invested for our future. I did all cos I love you ".

The boyfriend thought for so long how they've spent their money. At last, he decided to marry the one with the biggest breast.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by luemz(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
in as much as there are elements of truth in Reno's tweet, there are many exceptions to what Reno is trying to say. personally I love taking pictures of people/nature/events etc i find interesting and beautiful. this may inform my decision of getting a better phone with good camera and not necessary for show off. so that shouldn't necessarily inform your decision whether to render financial assistance or not.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by YouareaBITCH(f): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
I totally disagree, judging from this most of our parents won’t even give us money. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by papicode(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
makes a lot of sense. if you can afford a big phone then you can afford the lifestyle.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by ronalmagic10(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Always dishing out words of wisdom. Keep it up sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by kennosklint(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
True though,
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by toydee(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Too much sense no go kill this man;I'm with you on this man..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Not a fan of phones either. But cars.
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Ekpekus(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sense full inside..
Re: “Never Give Money To Someone Who Uses Better Phone Than You” – Reno Omokri by Kentuforchrist(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
Natoski5:
Makes a little sense..

grin grin ;DU Don craze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Communications Suffer As Agencies Return To Old Ways Of Information Sharing / I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole / The Defeat Of President Buhari’s Idealism - Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.