Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State (35992 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Oil Discovered In Lagos / Crude Oil Discovered In Ara Orin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by warrior01: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
Just heard on AIT that oil has been discovered in Sokoto state. It was confirmed by the governor in an interview. Wishing them the very best

Governor Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State has disclosed the presence of abundant crude oil deposits in his state.

And he added that he has concluded plans to explore them.

Wamakko dropped this hint in Sokoto when he received the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, who paid him Sallah homage .

“We will soon write the Federal Government on the issue with a view to complying with the necessary guidelines.

“The oil deposits, when fully explored and exploited, will certainly boost the socio economic status of the people of the state as well as the nation’s economy,”he said.

The governor also promised that the state government would soon commence implementation of a new salary structure for traditional rulers in the 23 local government areas of the state.

“A committee set up to look into the remunerations of traditional rulers in the state had completed its assignment.

“ We will soon come up with a white paper on the new salary for the traditional rulers and send a bill to the House of Assembly to legalise the package,’’ Wamakko said.

He commended the traditional rulers for their unalloyed support and cooperation with the state government.

He spoke about plans to introduce a special irrigation programme to boost food production.

The sultan said the visit was to felicitate with the governor on the successful completion of the Ramadan fast.

He commended Wamakko for giving special attention to the traditional rulers.

“ We are leaders representing the people, we must facilitate all efforts to further improve their living standard,’’ he said.

The sultan commended the governor for providing new official vehicles to all the district heads and for the ongoing rehabilitation of their residences.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/21/sokoto-has-abundant-crude-oil-deposits-says-wammako/

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by obowunmi(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
Chooiii.... More trouble. Ethnic clashes, .... Boko Horam is the new MEND.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by rotman91(m): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern illiterates. This is evidently far from possible

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by warrior01: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
rotman91: What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern illiterates. This is evidently far from possible
which kain bad belle be this one? Abeg be happy for them and pray it is well managed

18 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sonyjacobs(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
lets wait till we see the oil first. though the possibility is not zero
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Obinnau(m): 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
hmm! This spree about discovering oil here and there is questionable

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by naptu2: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
It is one thing to discover oil (there's oil in Borno State/Lake Chad Basin), but the question is, is it in commercial quantities?

4 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
seriously?crude oil abi 'crook oil' which one was discoverd......

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
TIME TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY UP!

4 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by asha80(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
the nigerian scenario would now be interesting.seat of caliphate with oil. stay tuned .
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Desola(f): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hahaha...let the rap.ing begin. They have to be ravaged the same way they ravaged the Niger delta.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Southern Nigerians are very DUMB- to think there is only oil inn Delta is quite foolish.

EVERY coastal state has Oil from Lagos - Cross river and Im sure a GOOD amount of Northern states do too.

But common sense

"Why would I SELL my Oil, when I can sell yours?"

16 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by jason123: 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
sbeezy8: Southern Nigerians are very DUMB- to think there is only oil inn Delta is quite foolish.

EVERY coastal state has Oil from Lagos - Cross river and Im sure a GOOD amount of Northern states do too.

But common sense

99% of nairalanders are oblivious to that. I once posted a picture of TWO oil rigs in Lagos. I dare say, 95% of Southern states have COMMERCIALLY VIABLE OIL AND GAS.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Elueme: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is good.. Pls more should be found in other states of the north so we can have peace...

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by hadbak: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
Isn't it obvious dat God has blesd Nigeria? If these is true n in comercial quantity den, dat calls for celebration. Nigeria is a blessed country, we shld TAnk God. I also believe dey are more minerals 2 b discoverd in oda states if investigatd. God blesss Nigeria n every place else!

4 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
jason123:

99% of nairalanders are oblivious to that. I once posted a picture of TWO oil rigs in Lagos. I dare say, 95% of Southern states have COMMERCIALLY VIABLE OIL AND GAS.

Of course, there is even a Bakassi like Island that belongs to Ogun sate rich with crude Oil that Benin republic tried to have a dispute over. The Oil there was discovered over 50 years AGO. Lagos Always had Oil wells drilled but they are privately owned by Ooni of ife, Alakija family and Folawiyos to name a few.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
hadbak: Isn't it obvious dat God has blesd Nigeria? If these is true n in comercial quantity den, dat calls for celebration. Nigeria is a blessed country, we shld TAnk God. I also believe dey are more minerals 2 b discoverd in oda states if investigatd. God blesss Nigeria n every place else!

Not a blessing its only Elite who benefit
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
sbeezy8: Southern Nigerians are very DUMB- to think there is only oil inn Delta is quite foolish.

But common sense

pure Yoruba logic
can't help luving you guys
oya make we finish n. delta oil first grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
jason123:

6 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
re@lchange:

pure Yoruba logic
can't help luving you guys
oya make we finish n. delta oil first grin

I must have struck a nerve.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
sbeezy8:

I must have struck a nerve.

you did as always
make we sell n.delta oil finish first! grin i luv you Yoruba geniuses!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Acidosis(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
heard the news and they even showed the site.

I'm sure we can also get oil from states like Kwara, Kogi especially Ibaji area, Benue and other river basin areas.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by excondido(m): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
though no commercial quantity of fossil fuel have been recorded the last time i checked in the illumeden basin on which sokoto state sits and the vast landmass of mali(goa region), the area possess viable geological requirement for prospective exploration.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
re@lchange:

you did as always
make we sell n.delta oil finish first! grin i luv you Yoruba geniuses!

thanks alot.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by sbeezy8: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
guys seems angry sokoto might have oil. i swear you guys are clueless

one minute you want north to stop depending on oil from SS, next minute you dont want them to discover their own oil LOL

3 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by hadbak: 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=20pt]TIME TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY UP![/size]
its pple lyk u dt brings chaos n confusn. May God help u!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Abbott(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
I'm happy. South south will get to rest. Things should pick up and a healthy rivalry should envelop the country. Expect the Abu Dhabis, the Emirates, Etihads, the Qatar oil and gas family to swoop down in sokoto...I know a crazy twist will always come up that will change the course everybody has been screaming is imminent....Up Naija!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bittyend(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is like a blessing in disguise for those who want Nigeria to break-up, or go back to regional government.

I'm happy for them!! cool

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
TBH, I think Nigeria is a oil bucket. It takes a matter of time . . . .

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by tobechi20(m): 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Menene

aboki don get oil

make ee go milk am finish like cow begn de sel am like nunu

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 23, 2012
If this is true, then I think it's a turning point for North and Nigeria as a whole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected / BBNaija: Fani-Kayode Blasts MURIC For Demanding A Ban On Reality TV Show / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Addressing EndSARS Protesters At The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.