Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma (17436 Views)

Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian / Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit / Nigerian Bulk Email List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by imolicool(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
Naija get brain oh imagine that kind pikin wit dat kind sense we are bless
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by ayox2003: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Been on the look-out 4 startups to invest into... Only for this dude to be busted.
Scammer. Naija sha. Ke yon maa sora ni NL yii.

Mods, delete this thread!

Frawzey
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by 80kobo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
We are really negative in this country.
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Elxandre(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
hard times get people do ridiculous stuff.. but i'd rather die than scam..
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Osyxcel(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
The style of writing is obviously not so typical of a Nigerian 14yr old....

And why did he disappear? He should come and defend what Dual Core posted....

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Osyxcel: The style of writing is obviously not so typical of a Nigerian 14yr old....

And why did he disappear? He should come and defend what Dual Core posted....

He didnt disappear. He's here reading along, but with another username.

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by vokalguy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hey OP, can you email me please. I would love to talk to you about business ideas.
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
tjadeba:

Thanks for the advice jare...wa gbayi

@Elvis,work more on what you know and money will surely roll in legitimately. And as for you Nigerians (with few exceptions) with your unreasonable sentiments..i will continue to shake my head.Your gullibility is indeed unrivaled anywhere in the world.That is why we have the crop of leaders we have had since independence.We lack common sense as a people and do not look deeply at things before we adopt them.A mere look at what Elvis wrote would have been clear to any deep thinker that it is pure and unadulterated scam.
Not necessarily

Our reputation precedes us and situations like this (if bumdish is correct) make it hard to help those truly in need, it's a shame because not all nigerians are fraudsters
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Osyxcel(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

He didnt disappear. He's here reading along, but with another username.

Surely....
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
scam alert....waaaash
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by iykofias(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Call me n I wil give u A brand new Hp laptop +234706307/201
P.S: Nobody else should call me pls
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by bishopjoe02(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
D latest n 9ja, if u av any problem, jst go to social network and paste it, try to b passionate and if u by chance make frontpage n nairaland u wil b surprise hw much u wil raise.
9ja my country
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by CodeHouse: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
It is obvious that OP and Judinho59 aren't saying anything..Notice the name in bold, please help run a check on this guy, I believe they are working together...I am saying this because I had an argument with them some months back
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Diasporan(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
ibkaye:
Not necessarily

Our reputation precedes us and situations like this (if bumdish is correct) make it hard to help those truly in need, it's a darn shame because not all nigerians are fraudsters
But majority of Nigerians are.Just that so many haven't got the opportunity to showcase the stuff they are made off.All blames goes to the get rich quick syndrome inherent in the DNA of majority of Nigerians
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Emmyk(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Busted!!!

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by kingswayz101: 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
The poster is not serious at all.... i called this dude from South Africa for more than 20 mins ( first his mum answered and i still had to wait so as to speak to him) i told him i can provide him with a a very good laptop, an office space,,Vps hosting if need be and a good funding to promote his dream, guess what? he was just busy saying he already got an offer to sell it for 25,000 naira .( told him i cant buy it since i cant run it and he should let know if the sale did'nt go through.I understand he stays in PH, which is where i live once am in town.Am not doing this because i just want to, but i want to encourage him.
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by miracle4(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
He is no scam at all ..... that has been cleared in the other two threads

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by CodeHouse: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
miracle4: He is no scam at all ..... that has been cleared in the other two threads
CONFIRMED
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
CodeHouse:
CONFIRMED
angry angry angry
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by kokolinsom(m): 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
holla me @08169043586...add me up @ facebook *Koko Linsom* lets talk
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by oscarvicto(m): 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
@elvisten10. Send me a mail so we can discuss. I see positivity in you. Oscar.4real@hotmail.com
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by ositanwoye(m): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2013
The chap is either a fraud or VERY un-serious. http://codenigeria.com/discussion/215/investors-needed-in-this-mobile-application.

For those that tried to help, do not be discouraged, keep that attitude. Some rats may come around to spoil for others. But we'll ignore them.

Happy Sunday.
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by cindynolis(f): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
elvis10ten: My name is Elvis Chidera, a 14 years old SSS1 student of U.V.A (Ultimate Victory Academy),
Rumuodara, Portharcourt. I am a programmer. I started learning programming at the age of 11 years (the basic things). I know java, php, j2me and a little python.

Last year i decided to build an app for mobile phones, i thought of something that is needed in the society and its within my power to create a solution for and i came up with Xmx Me. It is an app for j2me enabled phones used for sending sms at a reduced price.

It took me the whole of my third term holiday to build + more three weeks, i missed classes due to the development of the app. I got featured on techmoran some months after launch http://techmoran.com/2012/11/11/xmx-mebulk-sms-app-developed-by-a-14-year-old-boy-from-port-harcourtnigeria/#sthash.q09KV9e5.dpbs . After many months of running, i discovered some bugs in the application. I tried fixing them but i found out that i couldn't do that with my phone. I learnt programming with my phone and up till now i still use it for development. I use a nokia 2690 with a j2me compiler known as (J2ME SDK MOBILE www.mumey.wen.ru). With more people moving to android and ios i knew i was out of shape and outdated. For the past 3 months i have been looking for a pc so i can build more apps that solves peoples problem and debug Xmx Me, i was so close in getting the pc => i took an iphone from a friend to sell it and get a pc(fairly used) and pay him back later but i lost the iphone in a place i went to charge it so i can sell it the following day. That was my last option and personally i can't even raise up to 5000.

This financial limitation can make me sell Xmx Me, but i don't really want to (sometimes i feel i should sell it sometimes i don't) because i know Xmx Me has a brighter and better future with me. Right now, am still
looking out for people so as to raise the money for the laptop and if i don't get
people that can help me, i might have to sell it (which i don't want to do).

Please i need your advice. I don't want history to repeat itself it my life, i once had a great interest, love and passion for robotics and any thing about building stuffs before but for this same reason(money) i don't know how i left it. I built a bristlebot, crossbow and other misc. Things, i learnt alot about robotics (especially societyofrobots.com) going down to building a robot shark, but i can't remember how i lost interest after realizing after one year i couldn't get a microcontroller, a sensor, a motor(electric fan) and a pc. Please help.

I am selling Xmx Me(app + site). The site is www. . I make about 2k-6k a month from the site without advertisement. The app have different ways of monetizing it with ad. Xmx Me enables people send sms at a reduced price which is adjustable by you. Some of the uniqueness and features of Xmx Me are: 1)It has a light and easy to use ui. 2) It uses little bandwidth thereby minimizing bandwidth cost. 3)It has a phone book utility option which allows mass selection of numbers from the phone book/contacts. 4)It has a service page which is dynamic and can offer things like jokes, fixtures, etc. The services page also understand and interpret a scripting language built by us known as Xscript which can make a page more dynamic and beautiful. The things that can be done with the Xscript currently are bold text, underline text, line break, italics text, input forms, submit button. 5)Multiple receipients support. We have 110-250 unique visitors per day. Reason for selling it: i no longer have time to manage it. Interested buyers should contact me here or through my email elvis.chidera@gmail.com with the price you want to buy it. I want to sell it for about 30,000. Saw this in your posts. Sounds like both stories contradicts. If u make 2k to 6k in a month,u can actually save em and get a lappy. The former said u wana sell cus u dnt hv time and here u are talking abt finance. Anyway,I have an entirely different proposal you may like,would fetch quite some cash. Am in pH too,let's hook up. Cindymaybaby@yahoo.com
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by cindynolis(f): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
elvis10ten: My name is Elvis Chidera, a 14 years old SSS1 student of U.V.A (Ultimate Victory Academy),
Rumuodara, Portharcourt. I am a programmer. I started learning programming at the age of 11 years (the basic things). I know java, php, j2me and a little python.

Last year i decided to build an app for mobile phones, i thought of something that is needed in the society and its within my power to create a solution for and i came up with Xmx Me. It is an app for j2me enabled phones used for sending sms at a reduced price.

It took me the whole of my third term holiday to build + more three weeks, i missed classes due to the development of the app. I got featured on techmoran some months after launch http://techmoran.com/2012/11/11/xmx-mebulk-sms-app-developed-by-a-14-year-old-boy-from-port-harcourtnigeria/#sthash.q09KV9e5.dpbs . After many months of running, i discovered some bugs in the application. I tried fixing them but i found out that i couldn't do that with my phone. I learnt programming with my phone and up till now i still use it for development. I use a nokia 2690 with a j2me compiler known as (J2ME SDK MOBILE www.mumey.wen.ru). With more people moving to android and ios i knew i was out of shape and outdated. For the past 3 months i have been looking for a pc so i can build more apps that solves peoples problem and debug Xmx Me, i was so close in getting the pc => i took an iphone from a friend to sell it and get a pc(fairly used) and pay him back later but i lost the iphone in a place i went to charge it so i can sell it the following day. That was my last option and personally i can't even raise up to 5000.

This financial limitation can make me sell Xmx Me, but i don't really want to (sometimes i feel i should sell it sometimes i don't) because i know Xmx Me has a brighter and better future with me. Right now, am still
looking out for people so as to raise the money for the laptop and if i don't get
people that can help me, i might have to sell it (which i don't want to do).

Please i need your advice. I don't want history to repeat itself it my life, i once had a great interest, love and passion for robotics and any thing about building stuffs before but for this same reason(money) i don't know how i left it. I built a bristlebot, crossbow and other misc. Things, i learnt alot about robotics (especially societyofrobots.com) going down to building a robot shark, but i can't remember how i lost interest after realizing after one year i couldn't get a microcontroller, a sensor, a motor(electric fan) and a pc. Please help.

I am selling Xmx Me(app + site). The site is www. . I make about 2k-6k a month from the site without advertisement. The app have different ways of monetizing it with ad. Xmx Me enables people send sms at a reduced price which is adjustable by you. Some of the uniqueness and features of Xmx Me are: 1)It has a light and easy to use ui. 2) It uses little bandwidth thereby minimizing bandwidth cost. 3)It has a phone book utility option which allows mass selection of numbers from the phone book/contacts. 4)It has a service page which is dynamic and can offer things like jokes, fixtures, etc. The services page also understand and interpret a scripting language built by us known as Xscript which can make a page more dynamic and beautiful. The things that can be done with the Xscript currently are bold text, underline text, line break, italics text, input forms, submit button. 5)Multiple receipients support. We have 110-250 unique visitors per day. Reason for selling it: i no longer have time to manage it. Interested buyers should contact me here or through my email elvis.chidera@gmail.com with the price you want to buy it. I want to sell it for about 30,000. Saw this in your posts. Sounds like both stories contradicts. If u make 2k to 6k in a month,u can actually save em and get a lappy. The former said u wana sell cus u dnt hv time and here u are talking abt finance. Anyway,I have an entirely different proposal you may like,would fetch quite some cash. Am in pH too,let's hook up. Cindymaybaby@yahoo.com
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by elvis10ten(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Thanks all for your comment. Firstly, am not a scammer, this have been cleared by javanian and dual core. Secondly, i want to thank those that couldn't help me, but gave me an advice, suggestion and ideas, i would keep that in front of my mind. Thirdly, those who posted their email and phone numbers here will be contacted by me, Do not take any action without verifing its me. Thank you again. One love.

Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by Elxandre(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
but where were you cleared of scam guy?
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2013

When I first saw this thread, I had doubts 'cause a lot didn't add up. But, I rarely say anything without proof, not that I've done any investigation myself now. But to people who complained about the writing; a 14yr old person could write all what he wrote, practice makes perfect. Also, its no doubt that a 14yr old could do what he did as per the app.

The facebook thingy doesn't mean he's lying about his age to us; I've a 9yr old brother who has a facebook account and I'm sure his D.O.B is not 2004 on facebook.

However, the op is lying; He is not 14, but he owns the app. I'm not going to blame him 'cause desperation can make one do just anything. Nevertheless, lying or doing anything that would question his integrity is a stupid thing to do on his part.

That was my reply before this topic disappeared mysteriously few days ago. Elvis, next time try to be coherent with your posts and avoid anything shady. Hope you have been cleared?
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by elvis10ten(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma by goldenval(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi Elvis, is this your correct email? elvis.chidera@gmail.com you sent me an email but need to confirm before I reply you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

How To Add Comment Box In My Wapka Site / Writing A Time Based Expiration Script Or Function Using Php And Mysql / Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For