Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This (15065 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Can Now Park Itself Without A Driver Behind The Wheel (2) (3) (4)

Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by autojosh: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2017
A man nearly got killed in a head-on with a truck on his way to the office.

The water bottle that was left in the back seat rolled to the front and got lodged under the brake pedal when he was trying to avoid a collision.

Please try to share with your family and friends and tell them what could happen if one is not careful.

https://autojosh.com/littering-car-can-cause-deadly-accident-read/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2017
Hmmmmmm which car was that?

I have driven tons of cars, sedan hatchback, full size SUVs German, Asian, American and I can tell you there is no way a water bottle will roll from the back seat (note my roll) to the front, kolewerk if you have a car go and test it.

Those of you mentioning me and abusing me, i thank you but go back to your car and check, the driver wall was designed to not be bothered by a hanging bottle, its either the bottle has no effect or you push it up while depressing the brake pedal. Go and your findings well you all have cars nah haba, too much American movie makes my people lack reasoning.

pix1 is my brake pedal depressed to the end with bottle as far as it can go, if i push it up, it will roll down back
pix2 is as far as the bottle will stay, it does not disturb any pedal
pix3 accord 06 the bottle doesnt disturb the pedal at all also, that area for all cars is designed to either roll the bottle back or push the bottle up.

now remember when braking you lift your leg from side to side, so your chances of pushing the bottle from back to block the pedal is extremely slim.

is the scenario possible, yes but the probability is 1 in a million.

27 Likes

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2017
nurey:

I have driven tons of cars, sedan hatchback, full size SUVs German, Asian, American and I can tell you there is no way a water bottle will roll from the back seat (note my roll) to the front, kolewerk if you have a car go and test it.

Yes it is very possible in some cars eg 2002 grand caravan. Check the picture below and tell me it's not possible.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by lordpf: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2017
final destination things grin

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2017
greenhulk:

Yes it is very possible in some cars eg 2002 grand caravan. Check the picture below and tell me it's not possible.

Funny you, it will roll straight and get hooked by the dash console chances of getting to the pedal area is 1 out of a million, before it would even squeeze through that space, the thing go try. I am talking of rolling from the back and don't try under the chairs, it won't fit. But on the drivers lap or knocked from the cup holders yes it's possible

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2017
greenhulk:

Double post
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by symbianDON(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
I hope the driver's village 'people' had not tabled his matter at their 'grand meeting'
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
I'll simply press the snort out of the shyte.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:

Funny you, it will roll straight and get hooked by the dash console chances of getting to the pedal area is 1 out of a million, before it would even squeeze through that space, the thing go try. I am talking of rolling from the back and don't try under the chairs, it won't fit. But on the drivers lap or knocked from the cup holders yes it's possible

I just checked my brother's Grand caravan sport and it is very possible. In fact bottle will roll freely from the back to the front with ease without any obstacle stopping it.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sleeknick: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2017
Man will die anyway,anytime. This is crap

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2017
This topic as been on Nairaland some years back now. He still make front page.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by kittykollinxx(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2017
cleanliness is always profitable
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2017
lordpf:

That bottled water was of the devil!

It messed up the woman's life!
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Suntemi(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

prevention is better than cure

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by mikejj(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2017
grin grin this topic is for people that have cars

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sosodevf(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Have you considered you the driver dropping the bottle.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by hinograce: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
lordpf:
exactly saw it there too

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by overhypedsteve(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
True talk. Littering your car is bad

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Franco93: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
Women should be more concered with this. they can't escape having a littered car; ranging from feeding bottles, pampers, handbags and other materials their children play with whenever they're in the car.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sosodevf(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2017
haryorbarmie83:
This topic as been on Nairaland some years back now. He still make front page.
No Sir, she made front page cheesy grin

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2017
Final destination things
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

go and die then

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2017
sosodevf:

Have you considered you the driver dropping the bottle.
According to the topic, it was never dropped, it simply rolled from the back
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sosodevf(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2017
mikejj:
grin grin this topic is for people that have cars
You might save a life my friend by not dropping thrash on someone else's vehicle or better still.

I know say your type no go fit ever buy moto judging your comment

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by FroshJaynex(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2017
Please this post is very important for drivers. Am a living witness of this shit. Don't for any reason leave a bottle water in ur car or even liter it for any reasons.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Junior66(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

I and a family friend almost had an accident back in 2014 due to umbrella pressing the throttle of our car down. The break just became 95% inactive with the car even trying to gain speed. After managing to stop the car over a very long distance, the mechanic we called finally discovered the car had no fault. It was an umbrella causing all the trouble. Old model Sienna around 2002 model.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2017
greenhulk:

why are you responding to stupiiid person op WHY?

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2017
Onyochejohn:
go and die then

But nawa for you, this is a new week my sister stop swearing or wishing someone dead. I only answered the question with logical thinking

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Zeze06(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by mmsen: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2017
That's why those bottle holders are there. To keep them in place and out of harms way.

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by RealEstateTek: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2017
Very true.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sosodevf(m): 7:33am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

According to the topic, it was never dropped, it simply rolled from the back

I know but I considered it the other way round. I am a victim of such act. Just a safety tip.
Thanks OP for saving my life.

5 Documents Every Driver MUST Have / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution