Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? (1485 Views)

British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by afajack(m): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2005
President Olusegun Obasanjo has declared that his administration has only 18 months left, and will certainly terminate in 2007; pledging again that he is not interested in the campaign by loyalists to stretch his tenure.

He made the point in Abuja on Thursday at a three-day retreat for ministers and permanent secretaries, where he also read the riot act to his audience on the need to respect one another’s roles.

Obasanjo warned that he would not tolerate bickering and sabotage in this “last lap” of his administration.

He stressed: “With barely over a year and a half in the life of this administration, and with the major task of consolidating our achievements and addressing those areas that still demand more concerted action, it is vital that we all understand the basic nature of the tasks ahead of us”.

Despite his assertion, groups championing his alleged third term bid have reportedly met in Abuja to hone their strategy.

http://www.independentng.com/news/nnaug190502.htm
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Greatpeter(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2005
Just believe every word baba is saying concerning his handing over in 2007.
But he already knows who will take the mantle of leadership.
believe this man will hand over.
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Bibi(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2005
yeah, he will surely go
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Chxta(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2005
He'll go. He has a lot more to lose by staying, and I think he appreciates that.
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by hotangel2(f): 2:59am On Aug 22, 2005
I don't get this! WHy should he go?? It's 8 years already! he shouldn't go!
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:30am On Aug 22, 2005
I am getting annoyed hearing he is resigning/retiring or whatever. Will we be starved if he is sacked?
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by bunking(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2005
For all I care let the man go today or later tonight.
Didn't he know he had by the constitution he swore to uphold, a definite term of 8years.
Nobody is begging him to go, if he likes let him stay and see pepper for eye
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by rikkyjen(m): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2005
why are peoples blood hot?for sure d man will go...d guy will taks the mandela option as in statesman.OBJ can't afford to soil his rep on a platter of third term.but whether OBJ goes or not what i know is that 2007 will  be bloody...don't miss it grin
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by otokx(m): 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2005
y? I believe
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by bunking(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2005
We all know the story of sit tight leaders
''Take a message to marry'' cry
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2005
I just believe Obj will not be castigated when he leaves the office because from some records here, I will be surprised at probations that will be levelled on him as soon as he step down from office.
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Akolawole(m): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2005
Nigeria is blessed with so many Seers, Fortune tellers and Mind readers and most of them are on this forum. halleluyah!

They definitely knows that OBJ will not be leaving in 2007.
I beg o , Can you help me fortell whether Okocha will be lifting the Nations Cup in Egypt next month? Please !
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by whiteshark(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2005
The man has no choice but to leave. the odds are too much against him and he is not that stupid not to have noticed them so he will do the right thing at the end. I think he is keeping numb just to gather the feel of the political class in other to know who is real and who is fake. I fake one will ask him to stay while the genuine politicians that want the overall good of the country will resist it with all that they have. The man will surely go!!
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by alheri(f): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2005
If he likes let him stay,if he likes let him leave. All i know is that the God of the Nigerian masses will deal with him appropriately.
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by ono(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2005
All I know is what the constitution expects of him. It is true that anything can happen in this country of ours. But OBJ must respect what the constitution says.

After serving for two terms, a serving president must go back home. OBJ once said his ''chickens are missing him'' at his Otta Farms and he wants to go and take care of them. He should go back to them. They will gladly welcome him back. It's only a dishonest and corrupt man that will not stand by his words. Let him abide by the constitution. That is all I have to say.
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Akolawole(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2005
@Ono and my other politics addict
Afajack ask us simple question : Do we believe OBJ will be leaving ?
Shikena !
Re: I'll go in 2007, Obasanjo insists. do you believe? by Seun(m): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2005

(1) (Reply)

Obj Declares 24th & 25th March As Public Holidays / The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria / Don’t Compare Obaniyi’s Case With Tafa Balogun, Says Okiro.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.