Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos (20693 Views)

Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation / ICPC Rescued Female Student Who Had Spent 12 Years On Campus / DELSU Lecturer Humiliated After He Tried Sleeping With A Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2013
Published on June 28, 2013 by   ·
A Chemistry teacher at Iponri Estate Senior High School, Surulere, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, identified as Mr. Sebastine, has reportedly beaten a female student to stupor.
The victim, who is in SS 1, Abigail Chidinma Enyenwa, passed out after she was allegedly whipped by the teacher for insubordination.
The incident, P.M NEWS reliably gathered, happened on Tuesday during school hours.
Sebastine was subsequently arrested at the school premises the following day by policemen from Iponri Police Station for interrogation over the matter.
It was gathered that Abigail incurred the wrath of her teacher when she allegedly behaved rudely and acted contrary to his instructions during class session on the fateful day.

The Chemistry teacher was said to have asked all students whose parents were not present during the school’s open-day to stand on their feet, an instruction which Abigail allegedly ignored.
She reportedly disregarded, the teacher’s instruction and sat down while others stood up.
This infuriated the teacher and he called her out, gave her some strokes of the cane for her action.
It was reliably gathered from our source that Abigail passed-out in the process and commotion ensued afterwards.
She regained consciousness minutes later when some packs of sachet water were poured on her by her classmates and her frightened teacher who initially thought she was pretending.
The matter was said to have been reported at Iponri Police Station by the girl’s parents while Sebastine was arrested the following day.
Our correspondent further gathered that the school Principal, Mrs Anyah prevented the police from taking the teacher away when they arrived at the school to effect his arrest.
When P.M NEWS visited the school on Wednesday and Thursday, to get the teacher’s side of the story, he was not available for comments on the two occasions.
During our correspondent’s visit on Wednesday, the school principal was said to have gone for a meeting outside the school premises while the reporter was referred to the Vice Principal for comments.
She denied knowledge of the incident and referred our reporter back to the Principal’s office to wait for her.
On Thursday, the principal was around but denied that the incident happened in the school. “Well, as a civil servant, am not obliged to speak to the media. Besides, I don’t understand what you are talking about. No teacher beats a student to stupor here,” Mrs. Anyah said.
A student who does not want his name mentioned and who claimed to be Abigail’s friend, said,”I’m not in her class and wasn’t in school when it happened. But I heard  the story. I asked her and she told me what happened.
“She said she stood up when the teacher asked them to do so but was putting her hands around her waist. She told me that  she did not answer him when he asked why she’s not standing properly and the teacher in anger descended on her,” he told P.M.NEWS.
Another student who is Abigail’s classmate and was in class when the incident happened, said:”she behaved rudely to the teacher. She was behaving as if Mr Sebastine was her boyfriend while he was talking to her. He only gave her four strokes of the cane and she passed out.
“Initially he thought she was pretending but when she didn’t stand up, he became frightened and asked us to go and buy some packs of pure water which we poured on her. I guess she wasn’t feeling alright that day or something was wrong with her.
“Mr Sebastine cannot beat somebody to stupor. He’s not that wicked. Besides, we do receive more than six strokes of the cane from him and we never fainted for once,” he said.
When asked if it was true that the teacher has been suspended, he said:”he was in school on Wednesday before the police came to arrest him. They came with an arrest warrant but the principal prevented them from taking him away.
“I have not seen him afterwards but I guess he’s among the teachers who are currently undergoing training. I think  that was why he was not in school today(Thursday),” he said.
—Jamiu Yisa

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/28/female-student-whipped-into-coma/

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2013
Make una no vex, but it seems every extra story in Nigeria involves someone from the east. It makes me wonder the level of intelligence and sanity. Wat do dey learn at school.

It is time Nigeria does away with whipping children at school. It is a negative learning enforcement that does nothing to aid the development of children. Actually hinders their learning.(learning blocks)

When some of these teachers have a fight with the spouse, they take out their frustration on the innocent kids.

8 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by greall1: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by ZN2: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2013
Hmm, Lots of loose ends in the story.
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Reyspin(m): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2013
To be frank some students can be very very stubborn especially the PAKI Ones, I know wot am saying because I teach the teenagers in Church but dat doesn't warrant beating to STUPOR NAW..... Some teachers beat like say their life depend on it...
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2013
Thank God she didnt die....

2 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by wellmax(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2013
I worked as a teacher during my service year, some students especially girls can sometimes annoy you and push you to the extreme. I'm not justifying the teacher's action though. Teachers too have too exercise caution in dealing with students.

6 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by ichommy(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2013
So bad

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Thank God she didnt die....

Aww.. u tuk d word outta my mouth..
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by meracool(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Is Whipping The Only Solution...

By the Way How is Correction Made Abroad..

2 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Still a better love story than Twilight.
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nomski0(f): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Why would the girl not stand up when the teacher asked her to? And why will she place her hand on her waist? Doesnt she have respect......if she'd obeyed, the man would have not flogged her.
The teacher should learn to control his anger and the rate of flogging.....maybe the strokes were too harsh.
@op change 'whip' to 'flog' whip sounds like slavery. #just saying

6 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by rill: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Space for sale.
Pm me for more details.

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2013
I went to one of those schools at Ebuta metta & I can tell you that the beatings we received were crazy. . .

No wonder a lot of students find it hard to concentrate in class.

You get flogged for late coming - Flogged for PTA- Flogged for noise making even when you're not involved. . . In fact, everything we learnt back then in school was 80% flogging.

God dey sha.

3 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 29, 2013
greall1: .

Busted!

9 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by imeller: 10:13am On Jun 29, 2013
Feigned Coma

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Dawinlove(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Akpos listen..d man bought d purewater not to loose :*his girlfriend..d guy smart o
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by bellong: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Its high time teaching is professionalised in the country. According to curriculum of education, no teacher has the right to beat a student under any guise except the principal or headmaster and that is after the student must have been sent home three times for offences.

If what is reported here is true, the girl's action is uncalled for, who knows if the teacher is one of those men who chase anything in skirt. Probably must have lost respect before the young girl.

Next time, the teacher should learn how to deal with students without using the rod. He can earn respect without the rod. Infact his students will love him dearly and absorb more in class out of love for the teacher and not fear.

This should serve as deterrent to teachers who have no other method of correcting students than using the rod.

2 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by patholaw: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
jassie: I went to one of those schools at Ebuta metta & I can tell you that the beatings we received were crazy. . .

No wonder a lot of students find it hard to concentrate in class.

You get flogged for late coming - Flogged for PTA- Flogged for noise making even when you're not involved. . . In fact, everything we learnt back then in school was 80% flogging.

God dey sha.

lol...take heart

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Rooneyboy(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2013
Una sure say that teacher no dey fvck that girl

Cos I don't see why a girl her age would be that rude.

*i can bet my last penny that they both know each other outside of the school premises *
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by mancanoe: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2013
Too bad. shocked grin wink
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by basten900: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2013
no-point
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by clemz85(m): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2013
thank God she did not die. students happy season of restricted floggin

1 Like

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Ayoobscom(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2013
Reminds me of stubborn kids i taught in Delta State back in NYSC days ,,they can be very rude and disobedient ,but hey,beating them would only make them do more...

Simply send such a student out of your class to kneel outside where other students can mock him...a fair punishment

The day you lay your hands on 'Emere' the powerful amongst them,she either dies at d scene or beat you in multiple at night

I dislike teaching as profesion anyway
My token

2 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by phemi01(m): 10:31am On Jun 29, 2013
Rooneyboy: Una sure say that teacher no dey fvck that girl

Cos I don't see why a girl her age would be that rude.

*i can bet my last penny that they both know each other outside of the school premises *

Use ur brain yungman. A gal can be rude weda u foocking her or not. Use ur last penny to feed instead of betting it on sometin u not sure of. U jst jump into conclusion lyk ur not educated.

8 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by picaro(f): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
bellong: Next time, the teacher should learn how to deal with students without using the rod. He can earn respect without the rod. Infact his students will love him dearly and absorb more in class out of love for the teacher and not fear.

That's what I tot too. Why always use the rod, when u can use the mouth? Its just wrong.

By the way, we mean different things here
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by dnawah(m): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2013
Children of 2day,:-@ those day if u hear say person na teacher u go dey run,4 taking of ur own teacher.i beg mak una leave the poor teacher jo!
Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by andyanders: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Make una no vex, but it seems every extra story in Nigeria involves someone from the east. It makes me wonder the level of intelligence and sanity. Wat do dey learn at school.

It is time Nigeria does away with whipping children at school. It is a negative learning enforcement that does nothing to aid the development of children. Actually hinders their learning.(learning blocks)

When some of these teachers have a fight with the spouse, they take out their frustration on the innocent kids.

You are a complete compound fool for calling people from the east. A pig like you and anything that concerns you. Look at your pig mouth.
Go straight to say what and how you feel about the teacher's action and do not bring ethnicity here.

14 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2013
Flogging is part of us, it installs discipline.. God punish any devil wey talk say make we do away with am.. African mind is not so civilized. Cain is a way to make use more civil in nature.

Imagine a driver saying dat he doesn't need a seat belt because dere aint police on the way thru the path he's passing. As if the rule aint dere to save him rather Dan punish him.

6 Likes

Re: Female Student Whipped Into Coma In Lagos by Femsyn(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2013
meracool: Is Whipping The Only Solution...
By the Way How is Correction Made Abroad..

And what's my problem with how its done abroad Africans and their copy-cat mentality.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your University/Alma Mater Slangs / Sanwo-Olu Gives LASU's Best Bsc And Msc Students 5 Million Naira Each / Ondo Returns Schools To Missionaries After 46 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.