Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared (3751 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by funkymedina: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
miracle4: you must be a disciplinarian
na today ? Dont you see how he crtiques people site? God help you if the css in your contact form no align grin or you use template !

1 Like

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
funky medina:
na today ? Dont you see how he crtiques people site? God help you if the css in your contact form no align grin or you use template !

grin grin grin

But on a serious note. If you meet me in person or have a deal with me, you will know that i am one of the nice guys to work with. When i criticize, i criticize for all of us to learn, not to pull someone down.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by funkymedina: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

grin grin grin

But on a serious note. If you meet me in person or have a deal with me, you will know that i am one of the nice guys to work with. When i criticize, i criticize for all of us to learn, not to pull someone down.
ok oo, India is to far for me. If you come to scandinavia holla ! Now to go watch Serena & Date-klumm ..I predict 6-0 6-0 grin
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by kaboninc(m): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
funky medina: The arrongance in which he is asking for the laptop with specifications sef is very annoying. Even if ur 14yrs which you are not ur attitude stinks. Just go away already !

No mind am. There should be some 'mental age verification' before someone can join such a forum as this. When a 14-year speaks, you'll definitely know. Or could it be an adult in the form of a 14-year old?
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by spikesC(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

grin grin grin

But on a serious note. If you meet me in person or have a deal with me, you will know that i am one of the nice guys to work with . When i criticize, i criticize for all of us to learn, not to pull someone down.

Wow, you're really good with jokes grin
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by ojochidem(m): 8:44am On Jun 30, 2013
Dual Core: 100% legit, deserves any help he can get from us.

I have attached a photo I took with him today, excuse the aesthetics as we geeks are not known to be photogenic in the history of geekery.

Chai, see my Oga @DualCore....fyn boi!!
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Elvisten10(m): 9:37am On Jun 30, 2013
ActiveMan:
@DualCore
waiting happen, why you put your hand for back? wink cheesy grin

@Elvisten10
what do you really want. getting a laptop or selling the app.

@GraphicsPlus
Apologies oh because this boy no do you anything.
the laptop
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
I do not think anybody here is against Elvis been a programmer at a tender age. Nobody is jealous of him. What I believe sensible people here are telling him is to consider his age. At 14, it is absolutely wrong for Elvis to come to NL and be looking for investors. There are 101 ways he can seek exposure and financial assistance.

1. His family. Let's argue till eternity, Elvis must carry his family along. I have been a youth leader and counsellor for years and I am old enough to know the type of person Elvis is. Elvis has no regard for his family. He has grown wings. The programming brouhaha has entered his head. He now talks and associates with big boys. And so, his family is not important to him again. Elvis, i advice you again to go back to your parents and explain to them that you have made them proud by developing an app at the age of 14. Tell them what an app means. Tell them about your future with this app and your programming skill. Ask them that you will focus all the more in your studies, but that you need a small cheap laptop that will enable you expand more on what you have built. Explain to them that the path you are going will later make them proud. Your parents are certainly wise. They will reason with you and buy the laptop for you or approach someone who will do that for you. I know parents and dear caring heart. My dad bought our first black and white television because of me. How? I was always going to the neighbour's house to watch it and sometimes I will stay there till late. Then, he asked me if I want him to buy a tv, I said yes and he bought the tv for us. Go and speak to your parents. You are missing a very crucial stage in your life. Stop begging for sympathy here. Stop listening to some guys here who may not have any regard for the bond of family.

2. Your Church. Do you attend church regularly? Are you a member of the youth or teenage ministry in your church? Go to your pastor and speak to him about the sms app you have developed. Show him a demo. Explain things to him. Tel him that you need a laptop of 30k to help you develop the app further. Explain to him that the app will not distract you from your studies. Tell him that you need his prayers and blessings. Look, that pastor will raise offering for you in the church. If he wants to discourage you, start crying. You are still a kid, so crying will not be out of place. Tel him to reason with you and help you. If your pastor is too busy and the church is too big that having access to the pastor is somehow difficult, approach the Sunday school teacher of the church. Approach the youth leader. Approach the house fellowship leader.

3. Your school. Your school will be proud to be in the news for producing the Mark Zukerberg of Nigeria. Go to your Guidance and Counsellor. They are trained to counsel students and listen to them. I can't forget the impact the Guidance and counsellor of my college made in my life. Tell him about the app. Show him a demo. Plead with him to give you an exposure. Ask him to take you to the Principal. Ask them to invest into your life by buying you a laptop. Your principal is not foolish. He listens to news. He knows about the Summly guy. He will listen to you.

4. Write a letter to the PTA chairman of your school. Go to his house and explain things to him. Ask him to be an instrument of change in your life. Go to his house with your parents. Let them beg him to bring up your case in the next meeting.

5. Write a letter and send to the Village chairman of your community. Write a letter to the Igwe of your community. Write a letter to the Undergraduate Students Association of your community. Write a letter to the Councillor representing your community. Ask a matured youth in your church or the youth leader to accompany you to any of these NGOs.

Elvis, you are still young and there are lots of opportunity ahead of you. However, it's only you that has power to jeopardize your future. Don't allow what you have seen on the Internet to deceive you. Never think the world is at your feet. Never jump the basics. There are things if you miss now, they will come back to haunt you.

1 Like

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Mehn, this is tough, i cant believe i missed most of this elvis saga!
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Elvisten10(m): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by mrkels(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2013
[size=14pt]Im sure the elvis guy sent some1 young to represent him[/size] grin
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Javanian: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2013
mrkels: [size=14pt]Im sure the elvis guy sent some1 young to represent him[/size] grin

Nah, a non programmer couldn't have answered the questions i asked him and am sure he Dual core did thesame.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by akintayo1(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2013
mrkels: [size=14pt]Im sure the elvis guy sent some1 young to represent him[/size] grin

No, he didn't send someone to represent him, what I see here is we have two different people as Elvis. one is Elvis the programmer and another is Elvis an adult, the writer of the comment on this thread.

Seun should please take a very closer look at all comments, language and writing style of Elvis who claim to be 14yrs.

Look at the reply he gave to GraphicsPlus statement above, did you notice what sort of a person could return such statement to a well word of advice made by Graphics plus?
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by akintayo1(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Javanian:

Nah, a non programmer couldn't have answered the questions i asked him and am sure he Dual core did thesame.
The person you saw really is a 14yr old programmer, but not the person replying to the comments here.
Believe it.

2 Likes

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2013
@Akintayo1, your point cannot be further from the truth. There is a guy behind him. And the guy is just projecting this small boy here asking for money so that they will dupe people. The guy behind him is using him because he knows his age will provoke sympathy. Let Elvis post the name and address of his church here. This week, I have informed not less than 3 friends who live in PH to make out time and do an exhaustive investigation into this matter.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by akintayo1(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2013
Javanian:

The person you saw really is a 14yr old programmer, but not the person replying to the comments here.
Believe it.

I don't know how to proof this, but take a second look at the way this Elvis is responding to comments here, if truly a 14yr old is capable of such words put together.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Ajibel(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
akintayo1:
Believe it.

I don't know how to proof this, but take a second look at the way this Elvis is responding to comments here, if truly a 14yr old is capable of such words put together.

Why is it that in Nigeria people look down on teens and pre teens all on the basis about d way they are able to write properly. My elder sister's daughter just 12 writes articles for a teenage magazine in the UK and her style of writing is beautiful yet no one claims someone writes for her. Nigerians dont believe in one another's ability which is saddenin'
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by adewasco2k(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
akintayo1:
Believe it.

I totally agree with you.

....but the fact is Elvis is real and also a teenage programmer.

what actually happened was "He probably talked with an older guy how he could raise money and they guy suggested niaraland, and the older guy handled the forum request" that was so simple to decode.....but with the fact that he is for real, i will go with Graphicplus...he is still young to be worried about money....sure follow Graphicplus advice and raise the laptops money (i am not against people contributing to that...if i can i will definitely do same)....all i am saying is finish up your school, get better and after school a greener pasture awaits you.....and also learn...programming is not first about money!

Wish you well and also to add....14yrs old programmers aint nothing to be proud of...may be in Nigerian though...you need to see some younger prommers and you will be wowed

peace
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by DualCore1: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
If una wan help this guy, help him. If not, free the matter and leave those who want to help to use their better judgement and decide to help or investigate more before helping.

This matter just keeps getting pushed to ridiculous extents like we have nothing better to do with time.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
More investigation is on the way.
This matter must be pursued to certain end.
I will need to speak with his pastor and principal.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by adewasco2k(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: More investigation is on the way.
i think we should let it die here sir grin
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: More investigation is on the way.

[b]ABGE WATIN BE YOUR OWN OH

AS I SAID EARLIER, IF YOU WANT TO HELP PLEASE DO, IF NOT PLEASE LEAVE THE BOY ALONE NOW AND LET WHO WANT TO HELP THE BOY DECIDE IF TO HELP HIM OR NOT.

WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WITH IS PARENT, PASTOR AND PRINCIPAL.

WHAT DO YOU STAND TO GAIN, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH THE WAY HE LIVES HIS LIFE, EVEN IF HE DISOBEY HIS PARENT I SWEAR IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS MY FRIEND angry

HE MIGHT BE DOING THINGS THE WRONG WAY BUT IT IS LEFT FOR HIM TO TAKE CORRECTIONS, HE IS NOT YOUR BROTHER, SISTER OR RELATIVE, HE JUST A BOY LOOKING FOR HELP, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE HIM TAKE WHAT HE DON'T WANT

NOBODY HAS MAKE YOU THE JUDGE OF NAIRALAND (it is an open forum with different people, different ideals and views about life)

SOME FOLKS COME HERE FOR FUN, SOME FOR GOSSIP, SOME FOR POLITICS, SOME FOR HELP, SOME TO TOAST BABES grin .. the list goes on....

HE HAS SOMETHING TO SHOW @ AGE 14, PLEASE I WILL LIKE TO SEE WHAT YOU DID @ AGE 14.

I WILL NOT REPLY TO THIS ISSUE AGAIN
[/b]

*dhtml:
Mehn, this is tough, i cant believe i missed most of this elvis saga!

late comer cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Negro1: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Graphicplus, just let the poor boy be already, u don't know him from Adam...
Which part of a 14-yer old programmer seem difficult for u to believe?
And u said u have served s a youth leader?...I doubt that because the various and numerous youth leaders I've seen n met do not talk like this. Oh sorry maybe u meant youth leader for agberos.
I've been watching u silently ever since this saga began, I expected u to act ur age and backdown. that u did not do the 'cool tech stuff' when u were a teen doesn't mean others can't do it. Although I've lost interest but when I was his age I used to build 'simple robots' with my frends.

Please for the love of God, let it slide and let's not pursue this matter anymore.

Even without meeting him, I've always known he was legit, how? because contrary to ur opinion he does not talk like a scammer.

Elvis pls kindly ignore any of his posts concerning this issue.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Negro1: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
ActiveMan:

(

SOME FOLKS COME HERE FOR FUN, SOME FOR GOSSIP, SOME FOR POLITICS, SOME FOR HELP, [b]SOME TO TOAST BABES grin
.. the list goes on....

[/b]
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
I have right to know more about him. Shebi he wants investors.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Do you know why I said i will like to see his pastor? Elvis said he cannot have access to his pastor. i want to help him have access to him. The pastor with the church members can help.

His principal? Elvis said he cannot do anything. I want to know what kind of principal that will hear that a 14 year old student of his school developed an sms mobile app and he will not do anything.

1 Like

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by adewasco2k(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I have right to know more about him. Shebi he wants investors.
I understand you really want to be cleared but i think we should let him be at this point....but if you want to help him in any way i think you deserve to be cleared to your satisfaction.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Negro1: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Do you know why I said i will like to see his pastor? Elvis said he cannot have access to his pastor. i want to help him have access to him. The pastor with the church members can help.

His principal? Elvis said he cannot do anything. I want to know what kind of principal that will hear that a 14 year old student of his school developed an sms mobile app and he will not do anything.
ok i take back som of my words..to me u r now a 'semi good' man.
Thanks ths gesture wil also be useful
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
I will like also to find out the church members he approached that didnt help him. Elvis said he has explored all avenues: friends, brothers, sisters and church members before coming to look for investors on NL. Not less than 3 persons have been charged to to do the investigation starting from morrow. Elvis, drop the address and name of your church here.
Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Ajibel(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Cant we all just get back to what we know how to do best like say- writing codes

2 Likes

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Slyr0x: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
akintayo1:
At ninteen am already an CEO of my little company, at 21, I became a father and a good loving husband. My son is already 13yrs now, attending computer study while he is on holiday awating his junior WAEC result.

Believe it.

Akintayo,

I totally understand where you are coming from.

I know you feel let down that your 13year old son doesn't come close both in intelligence and also the way he writes as compared to Elvis Chidera.

I know it is a bitter pill to swallow and you are trying your best to prove that Elvis aint the one writing.

I know Elvis' case is giving you sleepless nights. .and in between you must have sat your 13year old son down just to know why he aint up there, intellectual-wise.

You enrolled him in computer school and what has he learnt so far?

Mavis Beacon - How to type?
How to use paint?
How to play solitaire?

You shouldn't take it that hard as all fingers are NOT equal.

3 Likes

Re: My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared by Ajibel(m): 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
Slyr0x:

Akintayo,

I totally understand where you are coming from.

I know you feel let down that your 13year old son doesn't come close both in intelligence and also the way he writes as compared to Elvis Chidera.

I know it is a bitter pill to swallow and you are trying your best to prove that Elvis aint the one writing.

I know Elvis' case is giving you sleepless nights. .and in between you must have sat your 13year old son down just to know why he aint up there, intellectual-wise.

You enrolled him in computer school and what has he learnt so far?

Mavis Beacon - How to type?
How to use paint?
How to play solitaire?

You shouldn't take it that hard as all fingers are NOT equal.

choi! Oga Sly, dat was a gud knockout. Thats why i said Nigerians dont believe in one another. If it were to be an european, all these bitterness wouldnt have surfaced.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers / Hi, I Am Emmanuel; The Owner Of Tradelify, Ask Me Anything / Liberty Reserve Payment Module For Interspire Shopping Cart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.