Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. (5785 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today / APC: An Ally Of Corruption / APC An Igbo Party — Ngige •Dismisses Alleged Curse By Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emekatimsu(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
APC INTERIM LEADERSHIP AS SUBMITTED TO INEC FEW DAYS AGO:
National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)

Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari(Muslim)

National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsa (Muslim)
Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)

National Publicity Secreatary.: Lai Muhammed
(Muslim)

National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim)

National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa
(Muslim)

National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim)

National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banire (Muslim)

National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

Ex-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)

Ex-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

All as announced by Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff (Muslim).

*One may be forced to ask "is this an Islamist (mind the fact that I didn't use Islamic but ISLAMIST) party? *Is this the so-called alternative to the much-maligned PDP? *BTW, what's the position of the Electoral Act 2010 as
amended, regarding political parties' leadership structure? Lawyers in the house, are you there? *Do these set of people have a hidden agenda unknown to millions of Nigerians?

12 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by movicy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Who care if they are muslim, Are they not nigerian ?

8 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by k2039: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
APC needs to reshuffle this cabinet, Some Nigerians vote base on sentiments(religion, tribe etc), so it's just logical that certain Christians will not vote in APC.

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emekatimsu(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
movicy: Who care if they are muslim, Are they not nigerian ?
Ordinarilly,i will hv replied that it does nt matter since they are Nigerians as u said. But Nigeria been wot it is, am afraid it may cos alot of bad blood and draw this nation into serious ethnic/religious battle because this nation is very sensitive to issues that have to do with ethnicity and religion..
Atleast the Northern Islams have taught other ppl that dt if you are not frm there region or religion, then u are nt fit to be Naija presido else you will find the seat red Hot.

11 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by kkkp: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
Does it really matters Poverty knows no colour, religion or tribe..for hw long wil we b doin d wrong thing and called it right due to sentiments..if dey can do d right thing y nt
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by baziola: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
emekatimsu:
Ordinarilly,i will hv replied that it does nt matter since they are Nigerians as u said. But Nigeria been wot it is, am afraid it may cos alot of bad blood and draw this nation into serious ethnic/religious battle because this nation is very sensitive to issues that have to do with ethnicity and religion..
Atleast the Northern Islams have taught other ppl that dt if you are not frm there region or religion, then u are nt fit to be Naija presido else you will find the seat red Hot.

I know that's where you're takin the issue.... I think it's high time you christians stopped thinking we muslims ar terrorist or violence minded people........ Pls take note; the hausas in the north commit atrocities then lie in the name of religion.... Surely yu must av met a yoruba muslim.......... If it happens that the party contains onlly christians I can bet a million treasure on it that you wil say otherwise
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by aamanda: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Will an aboki support an APC christain formation.....Lets be truthful with ourself and answer this question.

16 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by aamanda: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Will an aboki support an APC christain formation.....Lets be truthful with ourself and answer this question..
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by 1MCN: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
@OP, you asked the position of the new Electoral Law (as amended) on the issue of party formation. I do not belong to the Legal trade but I doubt if the Law states that executive office holders of a Political Party MUST be drawn from the three major religions in the country. It may say that its members must not ALL be from a single region (I dont know) but not religion.
But however, does ones religion automatically confer leadership virtues on him/her? Havent we got good muslim political leaders in Nigeria and around the world? Or do you just intend to do a cheap discredit to the proposed merger party? That party may end up not posing so much threat as you imagine to your PDP in the general elections so relax your nerves.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emekatimsu(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
baziola:
I know that's where you're takin the issue.... I think it's high time you christians stopped thinking we muslims ar terrorist or violence minded people........ Pls take note; the hausas in the north commit atrocities then lie in the name of religion.... Surely yu must av met a yoruba muslim.......... If it happens that the party contains onlly christians I can bet a million treasure on it that you wil say otherwise
If it contains ex PDP christain ACN members i will still have said same thing.
I am not been tribalistic,i ws born in d core north and had my primary and early secondary school in a core Yoruba state and i won't deny that i have alot of nice friends who won't fail to call me Omo-igbo oniranu anytime i beat them to there cheating game.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
One thing that you guys must learn to understand about Nigeria is that Nigeria is not a nation like others.
Our polity is viewed from ethnic/religious angle. Any party that ignores that, will do so to her own detriment.

All APC ned to do is now to bring out a Moslem/Moslem ticket to see Jonathan walk back to Aso Rock because there won't be any "running". I would be a simple walk over.

I don't know who advises these folks but I can see that they are all amateurs in Nigeria.,

12 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by DerideGull(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
@OP

What a question!! APC (Allah People’s Congress) is a would-be Islamic party if, at all, registered by INEC. Must you view the structure of leadership in the organization to realize it is a den of jihadists?

6 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Pygru: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Olucheye(m): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Its too myopic to say its an Islamic party but the truth is, they're a party not different from PDP. They've still got the 'RESPECT northern BORN TO RULE MENTALITY". Nigeria doesn't need that kind of party that still goes timid at the slightest mention of the Northerners.

Though the said Exco's are Nigerians, but its just too 'ONE-SIDED" Until they believe there are good eggs in the other side of the Nigeria and they've got citizens there who could add something to their national collective goal, then we just have a reformed PDP who's bigotism has just gotten to another level.

Give me a party that cuts across every side of the our fake-united country and I'll support that they might hold the key to change. Save that, I'm not swayed away from the bad PDP. APC is as good as promoting a (hidden) Northern Islamic ageNda.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by pistol: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
A party that prides itself as a national party,
Just look at the composition of its exco,
Smh,
We always say poverty knows no tribe nor religion.
But we must not fail to take into cognizance that in a nation such as ours with diverse ethnic and religion differences,
How do we take and accommodate another man's view in policy formulation and implementation when the national party is entirely composed of people from one part of the country and divide.

Them never even grind beans finish,moimoi don de smell.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Itoroetti(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2013

We care if u don't care.stop decieving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Itoroetti(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
kkkp: Does it really matters Poverty knows no colour, religion or tribe..for hw long wil we b doin d wrong thing and called it right due to sentiments..if dey can do d right thing y nt

What's ur definition of sentiment.someone just brought up a valid point .
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Xfactoria: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2013

Who cares? Seriously?

We are battling Boko Haram and you are asking who cares about a supposedly Islamist party? Go have your head checked!

Nigeria is not the only country where religion influences people's decision at the polls. Check Egypt, Libya, Germany and even the United States (John Kerry lost to Bush in 2004 principally because of his stance on Homosexualism and abortion. Many orthodox Christians sent sympathy votes the way of Bush. Just recently, some Americans did not vote Romney because he is Mormon). Religion is a big issue please!

9 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039: APC needs to reshuffle this cabinet, Some Nigerians vote base on sentiments(religion, tribe etc), so it's just logical that certain Christians will not vote in APC.
christians that do not know their left from right.

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Expensive72(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
I will always maintain my stand, APC is dead on arrival. With such a leadership make up one can only concludes that this is another Hisbollah in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by iwanchop(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
OP,what do you want to achieve with this post?
You painted the case as if all the excos are muslims.
Why did you leave out excos who are xtians?
Where is Annie Okonkwo, Niyi Adebayo,Osita Izunazo,Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere etc. Ain't they all Christians? Aren't the part of the excos?
Who says offices must be shared equally on religion line?
It's is clear the OP has an agenda;paint the APC as a terrorist party so that your party benefit from the fall-out.But Nigerians are wiser now ,your comments/posts here on Nairaland will not make your lies become truth

5 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Expensive72(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
blink182: christians that do not know their left from right.
[i][quote Yes Christians can not differentiate their left from their right, And that is the major reason all the Christian states in Nigeria are boko-haram infested& backward & is also responsible for the terrorism going on in all the Christian nations....
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by ChrisOD: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
See all the APC mullahs. MIA are Tinubu, Fasola and Buhari Bin Laden

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Aringarosa(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2013

Really? Really? Really?

A lot of people care, in fact millions of Nigerians for that matter.

Anyway, if they don't do something about this their exco composition, a lot of Nigerians would view them as an islamic party and like someone said earlier they APC are DEAD on arrival.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Something tells me tinubu has some Dan fodio genes him. He is a secret Jihadist. That he is has some education makes him even more dangerous.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Joyfullyme: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
Well folks while i would not join the fray for or against their being Muslim,
It is obvious that democracy wise the composition does not make political sense.
Unless my Ogas at the top in APC have another way they want to play the politics.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by bashydemy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
Well did this OP understand the word interim?

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Jagajagabrabra's party and Buhari will take away your clothes and give you hijabs and burkas to wear.
They will cut down freedom of expression and scrap the use of internet.
They will immerse the koran in the atlantic ocean.
You will hold a passport bearing Islamic republic of Nigeria..mind you Iran already calls us that.
Islamic studies will become mandatory...you won't be given a degree if you don't study it.
Arabic will become an official language.
Alleged Adulterers will be beheaded or stoned.
Churches will be heavily taxed or pulled down while mosques will spring up in every village. Sanusi is already doing that..
You will have to do away with sundays and worship on Friday...

It goes on and on..

This is the only future i see with Apc in power.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
X-factoria:

Who cares? Seriously?

We are battling Boko Haram and you are asking who cares about a supposedly Islamist party? Go have your head checked!

Nigeria is not the only country where religion influences people's decision at the polls. Check Egypt, Libya, Germany and even the United States (John Kerry lost to Bush in 2004 principally because of his stance on Homosexualism and abortion. Many orthodox Christians sent sympathy votes the way of Bush. Just recently, some Americans did not vote Romney because he is Mormon). Religion is a big issue please!

Yet the same Amricans voted for Obama who was Pro GAY marriage and pro abortion
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
iwanchop: Where is [size=18pt]Annie Okonkwo, Niyi Adebayo,Osita Izunazo,Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere[/size] etc. Ain't they all Christians? Aren't the part of the excos?

Op Question for you

2 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by tolu4you: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
iwanchop: Why did you leave out excos who are xtians?
Where is Annie Okonkwo, Niyi Adebayo,Osita Izunazo,Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere etc. Ain't they all Christians? Aren't the part of the excos?
I wll agree wiy you.... But those key posts go to Muslims... Jst think, im scared of this our country
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
tolu4you:
I wll agree wiy you.... But those key posts go to Muslims... Jst think, im scared of this our country

Whats the difference between Annie Okonkwos post and Aminu Masaris position

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Be Niger Delta Republic President. / List Of Politicians And Celebs On Nairaland with their Usernames / PHOTO: This Is How Packed The Paris Concert Venue Was Right Before The Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.