Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters (3173 Views)

.. / Top Ten List Of Countries For Masters Degree / List Of Available Bsc And Masters Courses For Spring 2010 In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by lloydhill(m): 4:56pm On May 14, 2008
hi all,i just wanted to create this thread for anyone about proceeding for their masters.I am, so,can we get to meet each other and share views.Pleaseexperts in this field could please join us.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by IncaGold(m): 10:30pm On May 14, 2008
Where do you intend doing ur masters? UK, Canada or US?
I need help too as per a good school in the UK. Looking at a masters in finance.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by tosinot1(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2008
I was planning to do mine in sweden but my application was refused.They complained that my transcript was not sent directly to them from the school.Actually, i collected the transcript myself and i put it inside the document i sent to them.
Now, i'm thinking of doing it at National Open University(NOUN).But i dont know may be the school is highly recognised
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by Amy84(f): 6:12pm On May 15, 2008
lol
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by remuremu: 10:41am On May 16, 2008
Amy84:

I am going for my studies in uk, i have between reading, birmingham, leeds, south ampton to choose from? reading and birmingham is still conditional offer because my transcript is yet to be sent.

Wow- thats good getting multiple admissions- I too got Manchester, Stering, leeds, Strat., etc. Men its cool all are unconditional, I am having fun with them but I serious about one. Let me know which one you are serious about?
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by Nobody: 11:41am On May 16, 2008
@Amy84
Try and send in your transcript for birmingham because the unconditional offer would not come until you have sent in your original transcript. wink
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by IncaGold(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2008
It's good meeting people with same plan, i'm torn between Cranfield, Warwick, Cass and Manchester for my masters in Finance. Dont know which one to pick and the deadline for paying my acceptance deposit is fast approaching.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by lloydhill(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2008
Hey thanks all for contributing to this thread,i had probs with my internet connection so i was out for a while.I'm back tho.I'll be leaving for aberdeen by sept by the grace of God and will love to meet ppl going there too or to the uk generally so we can share your views since its getting to that point where experince count.
I hope we all do positive thing with your lives thanks
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by debouy: 12:41am On May 17, 2008
hi guys,
i just secured admission into one of the uk universities and was not asked to make a deposit, infact i even was given a 2000pounds scholarship, i have ben told by the school that i should use the offer letter to apply for a visa.
will non payment of deposit be a problem in securing visa?
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by ty4real(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2008
debouy:

hi guys,
i just secured admission into one of the uk universities and was not asked to make a deposit, infact i even was given a 2000pounds scholarship, i have ben told by the school that i should use the offer letter to apply for a visa.
will non payment of deposit be a problem in securing visa?

You can use it if it the letter is an unconditional offer of acceptance which you can use for your visa application purpose and of course make sure you make provision for your accomodation here and you have a credible sponsor who has a credible statement of account.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by MaryAnne: 11:28pm On May 17, 2008
Hi all, this is great. I have a close buddy who got admission to one of the universities in the UK, but had a denial for a visitors visa this mth. What do u advise she do from now, as she wants to go to school in september this yr, and u know how this oyibo pple think, they may just think she is looking for every avenue to reach their land. Pls reply as ur help and advise will be appreciated.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by manmustwac(m): 1:17am On May 18, 2008
MaryAnne:

Hi all, this is great. I have a close buddy who got admission to one of the universities in the UK, but had a denial for a visitors visa this mth. What do u advise she do from now, as she wants to go to school in september this yr, and u know how this oyibo people think, they may just think she is looking for every avenue to reach their land. Please reply as your help and advise will be appreciated.
Copy and paste this question and put in the General U K Visa Enquiries Section
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by IncaGold(m): 10:13am On May 18, 2008
@MaryAnne,
I've read of something similar before, what the person did was to pay his fees and accomodation in full and he finally got his visa.
I think ty4real can help, you can send him a message, lovely lad always ready to help. Cheers
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by arizona249: 4:20pm On May 19, 2008
Hey,Y is every body going to the UK for their masters,anything wrong in canada or the US OR EVEN SOUTHAFRICA,Anyway just started processing mine to Canada i hope it works out.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by debouy: 4:58pm On May 19, 2008
thanks ty4real, yes its actually an unconditional offer , im looking for accomodation and im going to secure a tenancy agreement to support my accomodation status,while my sponsor is my dad.I've been told i would have to pay a month deposit to secure tenancy agreement.pls i would need further advise from u over my application.espcially sponsorship
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by Amy84(f): 7:24pm On May 19, 2008
@ remu_remu/ifyben2002
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 19, 2008
@Amy84
Depending on the course u are going for birmingham is ok if u'd ask me.As for transcript,u can get a certified/stamped statement of result from ur dept to get ur unconditional offer pending when ur transcript wud be sent.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by danedrol: 2:08am On May 20, 2008
Dan: The Entry Clearance Officer who views your applications usually wants to know if you are able to pay your way through school without depending on public funds or working in the UK and better still he / she wants to know if you are actually going over to study and not something else.

So how do you intend to remove or at least calm his / her fears without an evidence of financial commitment to your 'reasons' for the visa application?

Its adviseable to visit UKVisa Secrets before making the applications.

Cheers.

Reply to: hi guys, i just secured admission into one of the uk universities and was not asked to make a deposit, infact i even was given a 2000pounds scholarship, i have ben told by the school that i should use the offer letter to apply for a visa. will non payment of deposit be a problem in securing visa?
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by ty4real(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2008
@Danedrol!

The link aint working now?

debouy:

thanks ty4real, yes its actually an unconditional offer , im looking for accomodation and im going to secure a tenancy agreement to support my accomodation status,while my sponsor is my dad.I've been told i would have to pay a month deposit to secure tenancy agreement.please i would need further advise from u over my application.espcially sponsorship

What do you want to know about it ?
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by IncaGold(m): 10:38am On May 20, 2008
@ty4real,
Dan runs an agency! Think he's just trying to promote his business. try serviceforts.com then you'll see what I mean.
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by ty4real(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2008
IncaGold:

@ty4real,
Dan runs an agency! Think he's just trying to promote his business. try serviceforts.com then you'll see what I mean.

ohhh really! Thought he had some useful information I can learn from ni,no wahala,wish him all the best in his business.

@Incagold!

I hOpe you are not Vicjustice? cheesy cheesy cheesy Just asking?
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by Gomez(m): 1:29pm On May 20, 2008
i applied for masters in lancaster and southampton, lancaster made a conditional offer with a deposit of acceptance of 500 pounds and asked that i do Ielts which i m still talking with them about and southampton whoa they have not even written me since but said that they wil do so soon.
should i go write the english test considering that i did all my studies in nija
cheers
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by tboy1(m): 1:35pm On May 20, 2008
Amy84:

@ remu_remu/ifyben2002
my transcript is being delayed from my school, its quite frustrating, but i believe all things would work out for my good. Which do u think is better reading / birmingham? i think i prefare birmingham, which do u advicee?

which uni in b'ham: Aston or university of b'ham
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by debouy: 6:11pm On May 20, 2008
I hear that BHC requires all student visa applicants to undertake IELTS exams and submit with their applications.Is this true? Pls replys asap, Thanks everyone!!!
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by onyekang1(f): 3:54pm On May 23, 2008
debouy:

I hear that BHC requires all student visa applicants to undertake IELTS exams and submit with their applications.Is this true? Please replys asap, Thanks everyone!!!
IELTS for a masters degree programme? i doubt it abeg
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by lloydhill(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2008
hi all, just wanted to know if anyone is to be in aberdeen this sept .just want to get to know u
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by lloydhill(m): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2008
Hi all @ funkkybaby,VOR,SEINA Mr pataki etc.
I have a liitle problem.i have an admission and almost all my documents are ready but the real problem now is that last year when i was suppose to go for my masters i was delayed cos i was told my sponsor needsa huge amount of money in her account.
I actually finished NYSC in Jan 2007 so i wasn't so kin to get a job,since i knew i was going in sept 2007, so i was just managing with my uncle in his cafe.After august that it was obvoius i wasn't going any longer for that year, i started hunting for jobs,did some bank interviews but i am still told to wait(u Know Naija now).
Now i work with a wire and rope factory not to long ago and the staff are not many so we are paid in cash and u know that kind of cash isn't enof for my upkeep, so i wasn't saving. since i knew my sponsors account (my mum)was going to be ok.Now can i submit the payslips given to me for those month?but no current account(cos i don't have) and will that disturb my chances?U guys can knidly help me out
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by lloydhill(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2008
hi all i'm still waiting
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by 8ball(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2008
well,sha me i got admission in about 8 Uk varsties including Manchester,Glasgow,Aberdeen,Rgu,Newcastle,loughborogh,leeds n Herot watt.It was indeed atough decision trynig to make a choice b/w all these schools co they're good in their own way but at the end,i choose RGu cos of their impressive graduate employment records.I hope this helps for some pple caught up in some dilemma
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by pharuk: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2008
hello everyone, pls am trying to decide which university to go to, i have unconditional offer to university of grenwich and sheffield hallam university, greenwich is cheeper but life in sheffield is cheeper any1 know sumtn abt the two and which university of course the uk embassy wont bounce coz i know if i had an unconditional offer in oxford or cambridge it wld be a work in park to get the visa.
help pls coz they are both on my neck
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by IncaGold(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2008
@pharuk,
for a postgrad programme, i wont recommend any of the two! for undergrad, u fit manage anyone of them. Greenwich is in south-east london, so if u fancy london and dont mind roughing it out then go for it. Otherwise make you try other places. As for visa issue, the embassy wont fuss about anyone of them because they are not among the "sham" university/college. My opinion pls!
Re: Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters by pharuk: 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2008
well dude its for masters not undergraduate, but which wld you prefare then, besides its just ur opinion and wld be glad to hear it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transiting In Doha / How Much Did You Renew Your International Passport In Nigeria? / Nigerians In Kuwait,advice Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.