Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Information Technology Or Computer Science ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Information Technology Or Computer Science ? (1925 Views)

Information Technology Or Computer Science Which Is Better / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / Which Is Better: Bells University Of Technology Or Abti-american University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Harry4cas(m): 5:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Information Technology and Computer Science, which one would you advice your friend to study at school and which field can anyone studying em work on?

THANK YOU.
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Seun(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2013
What kind of work would you like to do when you graduate? What's your dream? I can provide more helpful guidance if I know this. Are you a programmer?
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by PrinceNN(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2013
stay away from information technology angry
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by cashflowpc(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:
stay away from information technology angry

Why?

That's industry is hot cake! Can never fade!
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by PrinceNN(m): 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
cashflowpc:

Why?

im not talking about the industry...as a course in uni, stay away from it....tho its a good MSc course....but for BSc....Computer Science is what you need....
ps...i studied Info tech

1 Like

Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by birdman(m): 12:03am On Jul 01, 2013
cashflowpc:

Why?

Hot cakes get cold. If you study computer science, you can still jump into the IT field, and jump out when you want. IT workers are classified as administrative expense, which means companies aggressively look for ways to reduce IT staff. If you study IT, you will find it hard, if not impossible to jump the other way to Comp Sci. If you are in IT and not self-employed, there is a really good chance you will become outdated before you are ready to retire. Bank on it.

1 Like

Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Harry4cas(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
I KNOW I'VE GOT PASSION FOR I.T AND IMMA SAY ITS MY DREAM TO GO ALONG THAT FIELD OF STUDY! BUT AM KINDA CONFUSED IN THE SPECIFIC ONE TO CHOOSE OUTTA THE TWO COURSES I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ENLISTED ABOVE....

Answering your question @seun, i really dont have any sector in mind to venture in now, would stay i just new to that..... Imma tell you that i'd love to an expert in Creating Of Mobile Games And Building of Mobile Apps. I dont know if that aspect is also pointing at being a Developer or a Programmer, i dont really know pls i'd love to hear more of what you wanna tell me.
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Seun(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Computer Science is better if you can get it. It's also a shorter course in some universities, which is awesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Emeraldcute(f): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Harry4cas:
Information Technology and Computer Science, which one would you advice your friend to study at school and which field can anyone studying em work on?

THANK YOU.

pls which did u finally go for?
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Emeraldcute(f): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
PrinceNN:

im not talking about the industry...as a course in uni, stay away from it....tho its a good MSc course....but for BSc....Computer Science is what you need....
ps...i studied Info tech

pls are u saying information management technology is the worst course to study?
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Harry4cas(m): 2:22am On Jan 19, 2016
Emeraldcute:

pls which did u finally go for?
non. I'm currently studying Statistics *Quantiy control and Time series*. I figured out that i can learn and even master what i'm suppose to study for 4years in a university in less than 1 year outside the walls of university
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Emeraldcute(f): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
Harry4cas:
non. I'm currently studying Statistics *Quantiy control and Time series*. I figured out that i can learn and even master what i'm suppose to study for 4years in a university in less than 1 year outside the walls of university

yea but for self employment but definitely not employment in a huge firm with mouth watery salary
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by birdman(m): 3:44am On Jan 20, 2016
computer science - you can take IT certifications in parallel. Even if you did IT, you still need to produce your CCNA etc. With comp sci, you can do ccna etc if you need to. Moving from comp sci to IT is easy (anyone can move to IT). Moving in the other direction is hard
Re: Information Technology Or Computer Science ? by Harry4cas(m): 3:45am On Dec 09, 2021
Life comes at you so fast. It's quite amusing to get a glimpse of what I once sounded like 6 years ago. For those asking, I didn't pursue a degree in Computer Science as suggested. I studied Statistics. Now working as a Machine Learning Engineer.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Medicine Or Masters / 2014/2015 Unijos Direct Entry List Out / Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Umudike, 2015 Post-utme Details.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.