Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII (1017 Views)

My Fresh From The Factory Project XIII / My Fresh Job Part II / My Fresh Job (2) (3) (4)

My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 5:37am On Jun 30, 2013
Fellow Nigerians (Indians, Africans, Americans . . .), here is my fresh from the factory cool project I was working on.

Your kind comment and critics about the website are welcomed. If you think the website can look berra, do give the necessary inputs.

Link is here

Thank you. wink

Pls ignor the malware notification, will fix it soon.

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks

Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by spikesC(m): 5:45am On Jun 30, 2013
malware ahead angry

Oga, go and settle with google
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by onyengbu: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2013
Please sort out that malaware issue first nauu..

I think it is a JS file that is causing it. I had such problem sometime ago..
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 8:41am On Jun 30, 2013
This structure again?
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:08am On Jun 30, 2013
How do I fix this reported attack site report? I have tried clearing it severally, keeps coming back.

@sisquology is that all u gat to say? smh.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: How do I fix this reported attack site report? I have tried clearing it severally, keeps coming back.

@sisquology is that all u gat to say? smh.

I saw that thing too on some google results yesterday. Na wah o

Afols, sorry now. Don't worry, let's chat behind d camera! I'll tell u something bro smiley
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
sisqology:

I saw that thing too on some google results yesterday. Na wah o

Afols, sorry now. Don't worry, let's chat behind d camera! I'll tell u something bro smiley

Like seriously, can u be taken serious?
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Delete all the files from your public_html.
Scan your laptop with a good antivirus.
It happened to me some years back. There is a virus in one of the files you uploaded.
This will continue and a time will come when they will send a report to your host and your host will pratically bring down the site.

Scan your laptop. Scan the website folder.
Then re-upload and then go to google webmaster and submit your site.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:52am On Jun 30, 2013
Again, try using this to scan the url.

http://vscan.novirusthanks.org/
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by spikesC(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2013
After checking your source code, still nothing... Which means it must be from your js files
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:08am On Jun 30, 2013
Again, you can use this to scan: https://www.stopbadware.org
But try and go to google webmaster central and submit your website.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Like seriously, can u be taken serious?

haha, you have never taken me serious
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
sisqology:

haha, you have never taken me serious

Give me a link to one of ur best websites lemme see first, then I will know was up.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
hahahahaha, u funny o.oya check http://www.citasz.com first tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
sisqology: hahahahaha, u funny o.oya check http://www.citasz.com first tongue tongue tongue

And you still do layout with table?
Common layouts you can achieve with six floated divs?
Why are you using the old clunky table tag for layout?
Are you trying to drag us back to 19th century?
This is not acceptable.
Please, table tag is meant to be used to display tabular data on the website, not for layout of images and other stuff.

Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
*passes by*
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
sisqology: *passes by*

Again, you saved a picture: china.png

Why? That picture is 206KB. But i resaved it with jpg and got it at 14.9KB.

Look, these are fundamentals. Any picture that doesnt demand transparency, dont save it with .png Use .jpg

PNG is heavier than JPG. Try to avoid it unless the image demands transparent background. Even after saving your transparent background image and it's more than 50KB, go to http://www.tinypng.org and optimize it more. You will later get it at about 30KB, yet you will not lose the quality.

Again, I can see you are still doing what every newbie did. Using html to force an image to take a particular size. That's doing injustice to html. When a user opens the website, the http will have to download the whole image from the folder and then uses html to force the image to resize it to the size you have specified.

Your england image is 410KB in weight and it's size is 1920px/1200px, yet you forced it to enter a small square td in your table. This is unacceptable.

Look, photoshop must be opened anytime you want to design any website. You dont just open google image and search for 'England' and then you choose one and dump it inside your website folder image. No. Every image must pass through photoshop. If you want your image to be 400px/400px, then open a new photoshop canvas with exactly that size. Then bring in your image and scale it to be exactly 400px/400px. Then save. Never use 'Save' or 'Save As' and then you choose jpg. No. Use 'Save for Web and Devices.' This option will optimize the image for the web. If you are saving with jpg, choose 60% resolution. Dont go higher than 60% unless at 60% the weight is still very small, like 8KB, then you can bring the percentage to 70% or 80%. Dont take it up to 100% and dont go below 60%. Below 60% will reduce the quality of the image.

If at 60%, you image is still very heavy, then save it and go to: http://www.jpegmini.com and optimize it further. This software will optimize it and bring down the weight, but the quality will remain intact.

Let's keep on keeping on. Thank you.

Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

obijoseph23@gmail.com

Look, these are fundamentals. Any picture that doesnt demand transparency, dont save it with .png Use .jpg

PNG is heavier than JPG. Try to avoid it unless the image demands transparent background. Even after saving your transparent background image and it's more than 50KB, go to http://www.tinypng.org and optimize it more. You will later get it at about 30KB, yet you will not lose the quality.

Again, I can see you are still doing what every newbie did. Using html to force an image to take a particular size. That's doing injustice to html. When a user opens the website, the http will have to download the whole image from the folder and then uses html to force the image to resize it to the size you have specified.

Your england image is 410KB in weight and it's size is 1920px/1200px, yet you forced it to enter a small square td in your table. This is unacceptable.

Look, photoshop must be opened anytime you want to design any website. You dont just open google image and search for 'England' and then you choose one and dump it inside your website folder image. No. Every image must pass through photoshop. If you want your image to be 400px/400px, then open a new photoshop canvas with exactly that size. Then bring in your image and scale it to be exactly 400px/400px. Then save. Never use 'Save' or 'Save As' and then you choose jpg. No. Use 'Save for Web and Devices.' This option will optimize the image for the web. If you are saving with jpg, choose 60% resolution. Dont go higher than 60% unless at 60% the weight is still very small, like 8KB, then you can bring the percentage to 70% or 80%. Dont take it up to 100% and dont go below 60%. Below 60% will reduce the quality of the image.

If at 60%, you image is still very heavy, then save it and go to: http://www.jpegmini.com and optimize it further. This software will optimize it and bring down the weight, but the quality will remain intact.

You're a good teacher o :-O
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by remmyz(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

for the first time, I commend. ur post. if u enlighten Ppl with posts like dis and not the oda way round Ppl will respect u . cheers
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2013
remmyz:

for the first time, I commend. ur post. if u enlighten Ppl with posts like dis and not the oda way round Ppl will respect u . cheers

I still have not changed the way I comment. Maybe you have been misunderstanding me.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 5:20am On Jul 02, 2013
sisqology: hahahahaha, u funny o.oya check http://www.citasz.com first tongue tongue tongue

Guy, if that website is one our ur best as requested, then, I am not impressed. shocked tongue

@others; issue with google attack site ahead has been solved. hope I get good review abt the site and not derailment of thread again.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Guy, if that website is one our ur best as requested, then, I am not impressed. shocked tongue

@others; issue with google attack site ahead has been solved. hope I get good review abt the site and not derailment of thread again.

K
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Nice one.

HOMEPAGE:
It seems you guys are still missing some fundamentals. Your slider images are all in png format. Why? For webdesign's sake, the images that dont demand transparent background should never be saved in png format. Your slider images dont demand transparent bg, then why save in png format? One of your slider images is 488KB, but when I resaved it in jpg format I got it at 48KB. Look, speed matters. That's part of the user's experience. When a website loads very fast or slow, the user will notice it. Whether he will have a bad or good experience using the website depends on you the web developer.

The three images in the home page. You should have add their text headings through html and make the images background in css. But it's ok.

Why are you doing something like this: <p>&nbsp;</p>? Why not use css and give the p tag margin-top?

ABOUT US:
You did well by not repeating the slide in the about us page. But the image there is very heavy because you saved it in png format. It's currently 290KB, but I resaved it in jpg format and got it at 50.3KB. Remember, speed matters. And since you will be hosting this on a shared server, speed must be put into account.

Other pages are just the same, it's only the contents that changed.

Your drop down menu. Why is it that the text is making some rough movements? Did you change the font-size on hover?

What is the work of the Webmail Login and the Search field?

You set a certain z-index to 1024. Why? If the first z-index has 0, then just give the second a z-index of 100, then 110, 200 and so on.

Contact form not validated. I sent an empty form and I got a thank you message. I should have gotten a slap.

The website is not responsive. Since the layout is pretty simple, you should make it responsive.

Please resave all your header and slider images with jpg format.

Thank you.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by sisqology(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Nice one.

HOMEPAGE:
It seems you guys are still missing some fundamentals. Your slider images are all in png format. Why? For webdesign's sake, the images that dont demand transparent background should never be saved in png format. Your slider images dont demand transparent bg, then why save in png format? One of your slider images is 488KB, but when I resaved it in jpg format I got it at 48KB. Look, speed matters. That's part of the user's experience. When a website loads very fast or slow, the user will notice it. Whether he will have a bad or good experience using the website depends on you the web developer.

The three images in the home page. You should have add their text headings through html and make the images background in css. But it's ok.

Why are you doing something like this: <p>&nbsp;</p>? Why not use css and give the p tag margin-top?

ABOUT US:
You did well by not repeating the slide in the about us page. But the image there is very heavy because you saved it in png format. It's currently 290KB, but I resaved it in jpg format and got it at 50.3KB. Remember, speed matters. And since you will be hosting this on a shared server, speed must be put into account.

Other pages are just the same, it's only the contents that changed.

Your drop down menu. Why is it that the text is making some rough movements? Did you change the font-size on hover?

What is the work of the Webmail Login and the Search field?

You set a certain z-index to 1024. Why? If the first z-index has 0, then just give the second a z-index of 100, then 110, 200 and so on.

Contact form not validated. I sent an empty form and I got a thank you message. I should have gotten a slap.

The website is not responsive. Since the layout is pretty simple, you should make it responsive.

Please resave all your header and slider images with jpg format.

Thank you.

Thanks Graphicplus, I appreciate all ur points. I prefer my images in png format cos it crispy and sharp, once image is stored in jpg if it is not 100% the it looses quality on small screen. Also, most of the images have not been exported (awaiting corrections from site owner today and closing of deal).

The drop down is a mistake that I am not ready to fix for now, cos no time and the mistake looks like a style.

The webmail login button is access to the domain email, thats if they know the use. The serach field is to avoid empty space, imagine if it is not there.

The z-index thing is cos, the slider has a value above 1000 and the menu drop down has to overlay it.

The form has now been validated.
Responsiveness, is not yet incorporated in my designs-reason, no time to try it out. read about it, but reluctant to do it.

@sisqology I am still smh for you. wink
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
It's not true in every situation. Check the three images in the url below and tell me the difference. The first is in png (488KB), the second is in jpg with 60% (48KB). The third is in jpg with 100% (191KB). So even at 100%, jpg is still lighter than png. Look, png is not meant for big and complex images unless the big images demand transparent background. Jpg is for complex and big images and photographs. If you save a tiny image in jpg, the quality will not be fine. That is where png comes in. Png saves small images, yet they will still look sharp. You save icons, logos, vectors, etc in png format.

http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/afols

Sorry, NL doesn't allow more than 200KB.

Pay attention to see the one that will open last.
Re: My Fresh From The Factory Project VIII by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr Graphicplus, u will go just any length in driving home your point. cheesy
I think you will be a good lecture cheesy wink
Just that you will have to restrict ur koboko to Nl, cos badt boys dey schools. El-O-el!

Eclubhost Vs Whogohost / Badass Wordpress Developer Needed- Urgently / Boost Your Blog Traffic To Gain 10k Pageview From My Seo Setup

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58