Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,385 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Working Out Our Salvation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Working Out Our Salvation (5771 Views)

Is It True Our Salvation Is Really A Free Gift? No Strings? / ( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / Ladies And Gentlemen, Our Salvation Is Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bidam is just a follower, he knows nothing about what he speaks. He says he is learning yet he comes out to display authority on what he is not yet qualified in.
Lol, you really are an attention seeker,so what right do you have teaching people the followings:
1. Gentiles don't need repentance
2.There are two Christ
3.There are two gospels
4.There are 3 resurrections
5.We should follow only paul and other apostles and the teaching of Jesus should be discarded and treated as thrash.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG:

this is a good stuff here n truth.da verse does not say work for ya salvation but since u are saved by grace thru faith, something happened on ya inside, so all u do is work it out,let it flow out from inside.bless u bro.

And you too.

flourishG:

here is an issue.if works can no more keep our salvation, why then do u ola subject yourself n teach other to d works of the mosaic law like judaism to keep n continue salvation knowing it is faith alone n not faith plus works but faith n grace?this we wanna know.

Good works is only a product not a source of salvation. When you are saved by grace you will want to obey the commandments of God and this only by grace.

flourishG:

i don't think u ever completely trust in the finished n sacrificial works of d lord.if god is enabling us to work it out what he put inside, why are u trynna do that via dead works of d law of moses?

You have to understand the distinction James was making between faith and dead works. Let me repeat what I posted in the other thread to illustrate my point:

"Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone" (James 2:17) The Evidence Bible.

There are 2 kinds of faith. It was reported in the news that a Christian farmer in western Kansas felt sure that God spoke to him to give his $40,000 hail insurance to missions. So, in faith he gave the money, trusting that God would protect his crop. Sure enough, the hail came and severely damaged all his neighbours crops, but not his.

The other case was a well known story about a brilliant tightrope artist named Blondin, who pushed a wheelbarrow across Niagara Falls. After he had walked to the other side, the crowd roared with applause at his amazing feat.

He asked a small boy in the crowd if he believed that Blondin could walk back. The boy said, Yes, sir! He then asked if the boy thought he could do it with him in the wheelbarrow. The boy said he believed he could do it, to which the famous tightrope walker said,

"Good! Jump in then and I will take you!" The boy would not get in.

Can you now compare the faith of the farmer who was so sure he heard a word from God that he was prepared to step out and the compare this with the faith of the boy who wasn't prepared to step out, and get in?

This shows that there are many sincere "christians" who have a measure of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, but they have not really trusted in Him. In the same sense, their faith, because it doesn't have works with it, is dead.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: Lol, you really are an attention seeker,so what right do you have teaching people the followings:
1. Gentiles don't need repentance
2.There are two Christ
3.There are two gospels
4.There are 3 resurrections
5.We should follow only paul and other apostles and the teaching of Jesus should be discarded and treated as thrash.

1) godliness leads Everyman to repentance....not the other way round
2) there is one Christ
3)there is one gospel of grace to the church ( Gentiles and Jews ) and the promise God made to Abraham (nation of Israel still stand)
4) there is one resurrection
5) only Paul got the revelation and the gospel to the church

Quite different from what you assumed, I guess.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
mollytinrox:

Nice one. Edifying

I thank God that the article edifies the body of Christ but terrifies the skeptics. God bless you and make you a blessing to others.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

^^^Give him kudos for consistency and non-conformity.

We give God all the glory for the edifying message of the OP.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
jmoore:

what the op said is in the bible.

God bless you.

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ephesians 2:15
15 By abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the enmity [caused by] the Law with its decrees and ordinances [which He annulled]; that He from the two might create in Himself one new man [one new quality of humanity out of the two], so making peace

The law as been annulled by God, stop the proliferation of your man made gospel.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

2) there is one Christ
3)there is one gospel of grace to the church ( Gentiles and Jews ) and the promise God made to Abraham (nation of Israel still stand)

Thank God you're now seeing your errors,maybe you have corrected them after going back to study what i showed you. But i still have problems with 1 and 4. 1.there is nothing like godliness leads to repentance in the bible,go check..The bible says godly sorrow leads to repentance and not godliness.
For 4. The bible clearly teaches two resurrection and not one go check...
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: Thank God you're now seeing your errors,maybe you have corrected them after going back to study what i showed you. But i still have problems with 1 and 4. 1.there is nothing like godliness leads to repentance in the bible,go check..The bible says godly sorrow leads to repentance and not godliness.
For 4. The bible clearly teaches two resurrection and not one go check...

bidam bidam... where did your own Christ resurrect twice.

I will gradually bring you to maturity in these things by God's grace.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam:

True.He is really one of the consistent teachers i have seen in this forum,unlike frosbel who have strayed off the path.

frosbel is a stray sheep. May the Lord deliver him. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

bidam bidam... where did your own Christ resurrect twice.

I will gradually bring you to maturity in these things by God's grace.
Swallow your pride.It is the work of the Holy spirit to bring Christians to maturity not you. I told you to go and check..didn't i? there is a resurrection for the saved and a resurrection for the damned.The resurrection i meant is for the world not Christ
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: Swallow your pride.It is the work of the Holy spirit to bring Christians to maturity not you. I told you to go and check..didn't i? there is a resurrection for the saved and a resurrection for the damned.

scripture please.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

scripture please.

Now do you with all humility agree the error of your gospel?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Thou shall not tempt a man sold out to God's gospel. You are a son of perdition that needs redemption from your ignorance, I don't know why I am interested but I will open your eyes to the truth as much as I can.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: You are always insulting pple you don't know,i hope you were taught manners by your parents at home where charity begins? Learn how to interact maturely with people without bursting out a spleen!! What do you understand by judaism? Mention any of olaa..msg that you think are Judaism,or keep quiet if you don't have a reasonable thing to say.
am I d one insulting u or truth that hurts?if not that u hypocrite,do u need proof of d Judaism ola teaches on other threads?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bidam: Now do you with all humility agree the error of your gospel?
he demanded u show scriptures.is dat too much for u?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: he demanded u show scriptures.is dat too much for u?

I guess you don't know much about these guys, they run away when you start quoting scriptures. oladegbu might come back to paste his deeper life tract and run away to open another jewish gospel thread.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by damosky12(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi: Thou shall not tempt a man sold out to God's gospel. You are a son of perdition that needs redemption from your ignorance, I don't know why I am interested but I will open your eyes to the truth as much as I can.
Now you judge. Could Jesus talk like this?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
damosky12:
Now you judge. Could Jesus talk like this?

what do you call judge?

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed

This is what apostle Paul did to people like oladegbu and bidam

19....By rejecting and thrusting from them [their conscience], some individuals have made shipwreck of their faith.

20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered to Satan in order that they may be disciplined [by punishment and learn] not to blaspheme.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I guess you don't know much about these guys, they run away when you start quoting scriptures. oladegbu might come back to paste his deeper life tract and run away to open another jewish gospel thread.
been following this ola for sometimes now.all I c him do is teach Judaism or mix Judaism with Christianity.this bidam I need checkout his old post.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by noblefada: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
@op nice post and very true!
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Msgamble: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
trolling: I no no which kain salvation una dey work out.. Salvation is of the Jews(House of Judah).. I laugh at this Christians.
what is this fool muttering? No be pikin matter dey on ground..free mb from ur mom phone is making u go gaga bom bom clat little boi..@op gud work bro..GOD bless u
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Boomark(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

2) there is one Christ

The are the things he wanted to learn in disguise. He cannot humbly say, "Please teach me these things sir."
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Boomark:

The are the things he wanted to learn in disguise. He cannot humbly say, "Please teach me these things sir."

I really don't understand why the guy remains adamant even when you show him proof of what you are saying through scriptures.

I really believe in taking every chapter verse by verse. If you don't mind we can open a thread where we will look at these things together.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Boomark(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

So those things are from tracts? no wonder they are most times out of context.

@flourishG
next time use "shatap" instead of "shut y mouth." But some command can be insulting. Do not bring anyone down with your words. Bless bidam instead.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Like a Lamb led to the slaughter,
Led Him off to die.
With sounds of swords and soldiers,
Shouts of crucify.
Without a word about it,
To the ones who laughed with pride.
On a hill between two thieves,
He hung His head and DIED.

Crucify Him, Crucify Him, Crucify Him was the cry from all of us… Only God could have done this….allow(ed) the people he will eventually SAVE, kill His only begotten…

Yet, some feel the price is too cheap, they want to work out their salvation.

1 Like

Re: Working Out Our Salvation by flourishG(m): 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
Boomark:

So those things are from tracts? no wonder they are most times out of context.

@flourishG
next time use "shatap" instead of "shut y mouth." But some command can be insulting. Do not bring anyone down with your words. Bless bidam instead.
bless u brother.I will hv mercy on him next time.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Ayatullah(m): 4:10am On Jul 01, 2013
damosky12: Hmmmm. Good message. But, Salvation and Righteousness are not by works but a free gift as a result of Christ's death and ressurection. 2CORINTH 5:21

You are also correct with your own presentation based on where you quote, but.............you guys will forever be challenging yourselves till eternity over Paul's letters.......Please come to Islam, pick up the QURAN in English and read a pure purifying message from the creator of the universe - ALLAH.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by shdemidemi(m): 6:49am On Jul 01, 2013
Ayatullah:

You are also correct with your own presentation based on where you quote, but.............you guys will forever be challenging yourselves till eternity over Paul's letters.......Please come to Islam, pick up the QURAN in English and read a pure purifying message from the creator of the universe - ALLAH.

Joker, about picking up the quran in English. The same quran some muslims say it supports killing of non- muslims and violence while people like you say it is peaceful, why don't you concentrate on that instead of trying to lure people that disagree on doctrine.
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by cashflowpc(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus died for the salvation of mankind.

Really But you claimed it's for only some selected individuals who believe in a particular ideology?
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Msgamble: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2013
Ayatullah:

So that it can destroyed lives lyk michael adebolajo we can also become jihadist/sucide bomber, imagind that..@shem, ST PAUL categorically state it in Philipians,Corinthians that salvation is in believe CHRIST AS SAVIOUR which jew didn't believe as their messaih they even try to stop him(ST PUAL) from preaching in greece n accuse ST STEPHEN of blasphemy(Acts 7 :57-60)..SO as long as they deny CHRIST, their denstination to salvation is uttainable
Re: Working Out Our Salvation by Msgamble: 11:58am On Jul 01, 2013
cashflowpc:

Really But you claimed it's for only some selected individuals who believe in a particular ideology?
NO? CHRIST died for all so that we might be saved by believing THE ALMIGHTY GOD AS OUR CREATOR N ONLY GOD N CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOUR FOR EVERLASTING LYF(check John 3:16)..By accepting HIM to ur lyf today as ur SAVIOUR..u can also be saved, tommorow might be late..MAY D PEACE OF THE B WITH U

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Challenge To All Atheists In The World , Prove These Miracles Never Happened! / Believe Right And You Will Live Right - Olamide Obire / Fr. Mbaka: I Will Resign If My Prophecy For Aso Rock Did Not Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.