Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness (29598 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Ghana Again. Photos / Man Gives Birth To Baby Girl: His Wife Is The Father (Argentina) / 61-year-old Brazilian Woman, Gives Birth To Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by CodeHouse: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
After 20 years of marriage or childlessness?
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by somegirl1: 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Well you are right...in actuality she did get pregnant...because with Invitro fertilization an 70 year old woman can get

pregnant....this is completely because of science....its no big deal..they should have even done it much earlier

IVF success rates are low contrary to popular belief and decrease with age.

In 2010, the percentage IVF treatments that resulted in a live birth (the success rate) was:

32.2% for women under 35
27.7% for women aged 35-37
20.8% for women aged 38-39
13.6% for women aged 40-42
5% for women aged 43-44
1.9% for women aged over 44

It is a big deal for any woman to successfully get pregnant from IVF. It is a much more of a big deal for a 53yr old.

3 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by AdeniyiA(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
this is crap...Invitro Fertilization means that the woman didnt get pregnant...the Laboratory gave her a baby......they

got the husband's sperm and the woman's egg and fertilized the eggs in the lab.....doing is this way....a 70 year old woman

can get pregnant if she has any eggs left...
Mr knowitall eventually became Mr knowitless.
o mo ti

4 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by supaeagles(m): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
50calibre: I'm sure it's a Yoruba woman, those people are super humans when it comes to reproduction
.... and the act of reproduction .... testament of a happy customer wink
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by dedons: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kk
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
some-girl:

IVF success rates are low contrary to popular belief and it decreases with age.

It is a big deal for any woman to successfully get pregnant from IVF. It is a much more of a big deal for a 53yr old.

oh please dont start with statistics...the success of Invitro completely depends on how much money you have to

spend....first time success is very low...because it takes several tries for the body to not reject the fertilized

eggs...
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by somegirl1: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

oh please dont start with statistics...the success of Invitro completely depends on how much money you have to

spend....first time success is very low...because it takes several tries for the body to not reject the fertilized

eggs...

If we are not to go by statistics, what have you based your "knowledge" on?

1 Like

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by bebechuks: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
He has promised,He will never fail. God made everything so,so that your family will be celebrated! Congrt!
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

Mr knowitall eventually became Mr knowitless.
o mo ti

actually my name hasnt changed..still Mr Knowitall. check it again.. if you have different opinion state it...
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by 50calibre(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
supaeagles: .... and the act of reproduction .... testament of a happy customer wink

Exactly! Do not fu*k a Yoruba woman who isn't you wife without a helmet, don't even attempt it, the odds are stacked up against you.

One shot, and you sure to hit the target. They are blessed by God.

1 Like

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
some-girl:

If we are not to go by statistics, what have you based your "knowledge" on?

you have your statistics..and i have mine.... Invitro fertilization is a process that can get almost anyone pregnant

because its done in a lab...and as the technology improves the success rate will increase....
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by somegirl1: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

you have your statistics..and i have mine.... Invitro fertilization is a process that can get almost anyone pregnant

because its done in a lab...and as the technology improves the success rate will increase....

Please post links to your statistics. I'm an eager learner.
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by OmoAlata1(f): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
53?? that is kinda selfish, those poor kids. who will take care of them when she dies. when those kids are 20 she will be 73. who will sponsor their university??

3 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by konn: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
this is crap...Invitro Fertilization means that the woman didnt get pregnant...the Laboratory gave her a baby......they

got the husband's sperm and the woman's egg and fertilized the eggs in the lab.....doing is this way....a 70 year old woman

can get pregnant if she has any eggs left...

i can se you are a really mr know it all how many ivf's are suceessful? many people do it several times witout success and u are just here opening ur big mouth saying the woman didnt get pregnant where did the baby developed is it on her head?

just pray u dont find urself in such situations that is when you will sa garri pass cassava

1 Like

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
some-girl:

Please post links to your statistics. I'm an eager learner.

your statistics are 100% right....actually yours is even better...its says that women over 40 have less than 1% chance of

success.....but some woman are unique and could still get pregnant much later...
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by chuksoyo21(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote autho

But l held on to God because I’m a strong Christian and l know He never fails. I serve a living God who is faithful despite our unfaithfulness.

“My advice to every woman wanting fruit of the womb is that they should hold on to God and l pray for them that their joy should come into manifestation soon. There is nothing impossible for God, it could be difficult with man, but certainly not with God. If He can do mine at 53, it shows that no case is concluded.

“For me, l see it as a reward of my past shame. God has given me double glory, my two boys. It is more than a miracle.

READ MORE: http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/06/29/53-year-old-woman-gives-birth-to-twins-after-20-years-of-childlessness
the most astonishing thing here is the faith exhibited by this lady.
God, Show me mercy and favour like you did to this lady, in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen.

2 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by mesther96(f): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: A news to encourage others never to give up. Irrespective of your religion, IVF is not a sin.
u mean deeperlifer's cn even at 70,u wl stl b askd 2 wait 4 a miracle baby!
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by everyday: 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lord of miracles!
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by supaeagles(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
50calibre: Exactly! Do not fu*k a Yoruba woman who isn't you wife without a helmet, don't even attempt it, the odds are stacked up against you. One shot, and you sure to hit the target. They are blessed by God.
grin grin ... i miss those days.... had to move on ..

2 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Teejayphillip(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
oh wat a testimony....

God really gave dem d spirit of patience n perseverance... Congrats 2 dem
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by mesther96(f): 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote
author=Omo_Alata]53?? that is kinda selfish, those poor kids. who
will take care of them when she dies. when those kids are 20 she will be
73. who will sponsor their university??[/quote] her family will do dt,wateva hapnd 2 orphans,dont they survive??
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
everyday: Lord of miracles!

I don't think scientist would consider themselves lords...but i get your point..
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by somegirl1: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

your statistics are 100% right....actually yours is even better...its says that women over 40 have less than 1% chance of

success.....but some woman are unique and could still get pregnant much later...

I agree, stats are averages so some women over forty would have greater than 1% chance of conceiving and some would have less than 1%.

My argument is that it is a very big deal for a 53yr old to conceive by any means and carry the child(ren) to full term.
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by Dastep: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Congratulations
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by OmoAlata1(f): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
m.esther96:
her family will do dt,wateva hapnd 2 orphans,dont they survive??

Why would someone selfishly have kids, just so their family members can take of them? Why would one selfishly have kids to make them orphan?? If you are 50 and above, you have no business creating new children. it is different if you mistakenly got pregnant, but for you to purposely get pregnant, that is pure selfishness.

1 Like

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by iheneme(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
cold: Madam,you got your babies through IVF,i'm happy for you. Thanks to science,God has nothing to do with it. Your 20 years of fasting & prayers yielded nothing until you turned to science.So please spare us all these God this,God that..we aint buying
Thank God, thank God, thank God, thank God ....

2 Likes

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by bucho8888: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
i might give it try with my wife, but i will wait 4 at least 2 yrs b4 embarking on it
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by ichidodo: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
This childlessness of a thing is becoming rampant these days, i just hope my 'army men' wont fall my hand at the warfront....

1 Like

Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by bucho8888: 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Why would someone selfishly have kids, just so their family members can take of them? Why would one selfishly have kids to make them orphan?? If you are 50 and above, you have no business creating new children. it is different if you mistakenly got pregnant, but for you to purposely get pregnant, that is pure selfishness.

wats ur business in wat she decides 2 do with her life.
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by AbuMikey(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
50calibre: I'm sure it's a Yoruba woman, those people are super humans when it comes to reproduction
At least I know someone who didn't read the Post!
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by OmoAlata1(f): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
bucho8888:

wats ur business in wat she decides 2 do with her life.

It is my business cos she publicly announced it and she opened herself to all types of judgement by doing so
Re: 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness by zeefever: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
It is good that the couple used medical technology to achieve their desire for children instead of going to a baby factory.
Ultimately however,all the glory goes to God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves / How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / Lagos Discharges Sixty More Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.