Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism (8908 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Are Pentecostals Really Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
Why are most christian after being converted from catholic into any of the pentecostal church are required to be baptise again. What is the big different between baptism by immersion and that of the catholic.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bizmahn: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
I think its because true biblical baptism can only be done when an individual has reached the age of accountability & genuinely repented from sin.It stands as a seal of a full decision for christ only after that decision has been made.A baby cannot make a decision.Moreover the bible only bears record of adult baptism.There was never infant baptism.Besides the biblical pattern of baptism was by full immersion and not by sprinkling or washing from a bowl.
Mk.16:15,16:-And He said unto them go ye into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.He that BELIEVETH and is BAPTISED shall be saved...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
Does it matter were the baptism is done, al dat matter here is d faith of d person.
Most pentecostal churches n big city have built a semi swimming pool n their premieses were baptism is done, thereby nt following the biblical style of taking members to the river 4 d act.
To me some1 who deep his member nto a pool and the oda dat wash her members head doing baptism r the same.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2013
Pentecostals reject everything Catholic, then they still go ahead and fake it.

But fake will always be fake.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dude, i dont thnk anybody is faking anytin, i jst want to knw d reason 4 the cold conflict btw the two parties
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
bishopjoe02: Dude, i dont thnk anybody is faking anytin, i jst want to knw d reason 4 the cold conflict btw the two parties

Every faker tries to run down the original. Try buying a fake designer shirt and the seller will make it look as if there is nothing special about the original. He may even say bad things about the original because thats the only way he can get customers to appreciate his fake. But the original seller will not even see the fake as something worthy of discussion. That is what is happening between Catholic Church and other Christian shops.

Ask them who started their shops and when. God or man?

Ask them how many Churches Jesus founded. One or one billion?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo:

Every faker tries to run down the original. Try buying a fake designer shirt and the seller will make it look as if there is nothing special about the original. He may even say bad things about the original because thats the only way he can get customers to appreciate his fake. But the original seller will not even see the fake as something worthy of discussion. That is what is happening between Catholic Church and other Christian shops.

Ask them who started their shops and when. God or man?

Ask them how many Churches Jesus founded. One or one billion?
dude the world is made of billions of pple Catholic alone cn nt spread d Gospel to the end of the world.
Pls watch ur utterances cos he dat sin against d holy spirit wil not b forgiven.
It is nt written in the bible dat d first church was catholic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bizmahn: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
bishopjoe02:
dude the world is made of billions of pple Catholic allow cn nt spread d Gospel to the end of the world.
Pls watch ur utterances cos he dat sin against d holy spirit wil not b forgiven.

God bless your honesty.These catholic extremists will stop at nothing including lies to buttress their baseless dishonest claims.That fellow can lead this thread to 50 pages to defend Mary & any other falsehood but you can scarcely see him post anywhere to promote or defend God & righteousness.Church without christ is equal to....u can guess.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:
dude the world is made of billions of pple Catholic allow cn nt spread d Gospel to the end of the world.

The same Bible that Catholics compiled. Bible also is not written in the Bible.

Who started your shops?

How many Churches did Jesus found?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2013
bizmahn:

God bless your honesty.These catholic extremists will stop at nothing including lies to buttress their baseless dishonest claims.That fellow can lead this thread to 50 pages to defend Mary & any other falsehood but you can scarcely see him post anywhere to promote or defend God & righteousness.Church without christ is equal to....u can guess.

Are you against my person or are you against my argument?

If I have told a lie, point it out.

How can you defend God and righteousness if you have an erroneous idea of who God is and what rihhteousness is?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 7:32am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

Are you against my person or are you against my argument?

If I have told a lie, point it out.

How can you defend God and righteousness if you have an erroneous idea of who God is and what rihhteousness is?

Which of d church do u worship?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The same Bible that Catholics compiled. Bible also is not written in the Bible.

Who started your shops?

How many Churches did Jesus found?

Jesus did not actually found any church, he raised a family. And doing the persecutn of d church then, most of the pple move to diff part of d world to preach, which cn b likely to the establishment of diff church n our time, bt wth diff motive.
The bible say 'the end wil nt come until the word of God is being preach to the end of the world' catholic alone can't achieve dis, neither wth it b achieve wth d present disunity n our church.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:

Jesus did not actually found any church, he raised a family. And doing the persecutn of d church then, most of the pple move to diff part of d world to preach, which cn b likely to the establishment of diff church n our time, bt wth diff motive.
The bible say 'the end wil nt come until the word of God is being preach to the end of the world' catholic alone can't achieve dis, neither wth it b achieve wth d present disunity n our church.

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."--Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:

Which of d church do u worship?

The only one Christ founded.

In which of the shops do you worship?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."--Jesus Christ.
oop! My bad
if u use d word church it kind of segregate d church. Family is d beta word 4 d biblical church
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The only one Christ founded.

In which of the shops do you worship?
and wats d name of dis church
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:
and wats d name of dis church

You havent even tried to describe the shop in which you worship.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

answer a simple question, you deluded disciple of the apostasy.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

answer a simple question, you deluded disciple of the apostasy.

What have I done to deserve this. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

What have I done to deserve this. God bless you.

lol, playing the victim. Mine is just word of mouth, the real wrath is from God.

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Just answer the question, are you ashamed of your pope?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Why am I the only one who has to answer a wuestion here? Arent you being partial in your judgement?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

i worship in a church not a shop...WINNER CHAPEL AKA LIVING FAITH CHURCH

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:

i worship in a church not a shop...WINNER CHAPEL AKA LIVING FAITH CHURCH

[img]http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Jh1olYLCC2jGIM&tbnid=6UhwEVsqhZ5G7M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdomi.org.ng%2Faboutus%2Flfcww&ei=BJPSUeecK8LWswbK0YDYDg&psig=AFQjCNEKUPv4oHbWFXpgMi-nA5zgfSB6zg&ust=1372841051510230[/img]

When was it founded?

It is the one Jesus referred to as "my church" 2000years ago, or is it David Oyedepo's "church?"
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

When was it founded?

It is the one Jesus referred to as "my church" 2000years ago, or is it David Oyedepo's "church?"

it was founded by Bishop David Oyedepo in 1981.

Apostle Paul wrote more than half of the new testament of the bible, and this said apostle was not a direct disciple of Jesus, but a later convert after the death of Christ...just the way God instruct Paul to continue with His work, the same way HE is raising men to preach the gospel today...if the work of God was left for the 12 disciple alone, i doubt if the gospel will spread beyond Jerusalem..

Just as Catholic church only can not spread the gospel to the whole world.

And what is the name of this first church founded by Jesus
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 10:17am On Jul 02, 2013
The Catholic Church.

St Paul went to the Apostles to be commissioned...and St Paul never founded a Church.

St Paul went preaching the teachings of the one true Church...and even went to get clarification on his preaching from the apostles.

Who gave Oyedepo permission to found his personal Church and preach his personal doctrine? Who does he seek clarification from?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2013
italo: The Catholic Church.

St Paul went to the Apostles to be commissioned...and St Paul never founded a Church.

St Paul went preaching the teachings of the one true Church...and even went to get clarification on his preaching from the apostles.

Who gave Oyedepo permission to found his personal Church and preach his personal doctrine? Who does he seek clarification from?

Paul have followers, thousands of them, which can be call members why he is the pastor, just the way David Oyedepo have members and he is the pastor. that is why i told you not to call the biblical christian church...its a disciple and follower thing then..if u relate it to today church, we can call Davide Oyedepo a leader why the members are the followers.

David Oyedepo get his clarification fromm the bible and the holy spirit..."i will send u the comforter which will teach u all teaches"

were is it in the bible that catholic church is the first church.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2013
italo: The Catholic Church.

You are a pathetic liar..Paul and the rest agreed to go their separate ways, there was nothing like commissioning anything. In fact, Paul charged Timothy not to allow anyone come there to preach circumcision or water baptism And any other doctrine of condemnation.

3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

He told him, don't listen to history or stories. Teach what I have taught you which is the doctrine of grace.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:
Paul have followers, thousands of them, which can be call members why he is the pastor, just the way David Oyedepo have members and he is the pastor. that is why i told you not to call the biblical christian church...its a disciple and follower thing then..if u relate it to today church, we can call Davide Oyedepo a leader why the members are the followers.

David Oyedepo get his clarification fromm the bible and the holy spirit..."i will send u the comforter which will teach u all teaches"

were is it in the bible that catholic church is the first church.

Exactly what I am saying. You are a customer of Oyedepo and his shop, I am a follower of Christ and his Church.

It is the Catholic Church that brought about the Bible.

Doesnt that tell you the whole story?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

Exactly what I am saying. You are a customer of Oyedepo and his shop, I am a follower of Christ and his Church.

It is the Catholic Church that brought about the Bible.

Doesnt that tell you the whole story?

Here is a short history of the Bible.

1. Old Testament

The Old Testament was written by Moses, David and Solomon, prophets, seers and kings. There was no "church" of any kind to claim responsibility for it. God inspired individuals to bring God's word to the people. The Old Testament is the recorded revelation of God up until about 400 BC.

2. The Inter-Testamental Period

The time between about 400 BC and about 5 BC is usually called the Years of Prophetic Silence. This is because God created a process that lasted 400 years to create a world climate ready for the coming of the promised Messiah. There was no "church" at this time, either. But there was the new creation of the "synagogue," since the Jewish people needed to worship God and did not have the Temple when they were in exile. When many came back 400-500 BC, they already had functional synagogues; and even though the Temple was being rebuilt by those returning from exile, the synagogue idea remained and more were built. This was the beginning of the "congregation" or "church" as we have it today.

But there was no Scripture being written during this period. That was yet to come after one came "in the spirit and power of Elias" (Luke 1:17).

3. The Time of Christ

It is likely that Matthew (Levi) the tax collector and later disciple of Jesus took notes of what happened during Jesus' ministry. However, it is also true that were God in the flesh living among you, His words would burn into your soul. I am sure, as the apostles clearly recollected as they wrote the New Testament (2 Peter 1:16-21; 1 John 1:1-3; 4:14), they could not escape the image and words of Jesus Christ, God the Son and Son of God, when He spoke into their hearts (Luke 9:44; 24:32).

The Church Age

When the apostles wrote their letters, the congregations received them. They read them. They spread them. They copied them for other brethren in Christ Jesus. And they recognized their authority in the Christian's life. So the Scriptures were produced by men of God, not by "the church." But they were produced FOR the church.

The last book of the Bible was Revelation, written about 96 AD, just before the apostle John died around 100 AD. After the apostles died, the churches continued to collect the letters they did not have, to read them and understand the authority under God by which they wrote.he flesh living among you, His words would burn into your soul. I am sure, as the apostles clearly recollected as they wrote the New Testament (2 Peter 1:16-21; 1 John 1:1-3; 4:14), they could not escape the image and words of Jesus Christ, God the Son and Son of God, when He spoke into their hearts (Luke 9:44; 24:32).
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:43am On Jul 02, 2013
bishopjoe02:

Here is a short history of the Bible.

1. Old Testament

The Old Testament was written by Moses, David and Solomon, prophets, seers and kings. There was no "church" of any kind to claim responsibility for it. God inspired individuals to bring God's word to the people. The Old Testament is the recorded revelation of God up until about 400 BC.

2. The Inter-Testamental Period

The time between about 400 BC and about 5 BC is usually called the Years of Prophetic Silence. This is because God created a process that lasted 400 years to create a world climate ready for the coming of the promised Messiah. There was no "church" at this time, either. But there was the new creation of the "synagogue," since the Jewish people needed to worship God and did not have the Temple when they were in exile. When many came back 400-500 BC, they already had functional synagogues; and even though the Temple was being rebuilt by those returning from exile, the synagogue idea remained and more were built. This was the beginning of the "congregation" or "church" as we have it today.

But there was no Scripture being written during this period. That was yet to come after one came "in the spirit and power of Elias" (Luke 1:17).

3. The Time of Christ

It is likely that Matthew (Levi) the tax collector and later disciple of Jesus took notes of what happened during Jesus' ministry. However, it is also true that were God in the flesh living among you, His words would burn into your soul. I am sure, as the apostles clearly recollected as they wrote the New Testament (2 Peter 1:16-21; 1 John 1:1-3; 4:14), they could not escape the image and words of Jesus Christ, God the Son and Son of God, when He spoke into their hearts (Luke 9:44; 24:32).

The Church Age

When the apostles wrote their letters, the congregations received them. They read them. They spread them. They copied them for other brethren in Christ Jesus. And they recognized their authority in the Christian's life. So the Scriptures were produced by men of God, not by "the church." But they were produced FOR the church.

The last book of the Bible was Revelation, written about 96 AD, just before the apostle John died around 100 AD. After the apostles died, the churches continued to collect the letters they did not have, to read them and understand the authority under God by which they wrote.he flesh living among you, His words would burn into your soul. I am sure, as the apostles clearly recollected as they wrote the New Testament (2 Peter 1:16-21; 1 John 1:1-3; 4:14), they could not escape the image and words of Jesus Christ, God the Son and Son of God, when He spoke into their hearts (Luke 9:44; 24:32).

The word "bible" does not appear in this your "history."

What sort of fake history would not even tell us how the name came about?

Can you tell Nigeria's history without mentioning "Nigeria?"

Where do the books of Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas fit into this your history?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The word "bible" does not appear in this your "history."

What sort of fake history would not even tell us how the name came about?

Can you tell Nigeria's history without mentioning "Nigeria?"

Where do the books of Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas fit into this your history?

Joker, same strategy every time. I guess your pope told you he inspired the collation of the bible
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

Joker, same strategy every time. I guess your pope told you he inspired the collation of the bible

Dear brother, you've been noticed. Bye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Miracleln February Happens Once In Every 823yrs / I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? / Prophet Walks On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.