Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? (940 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
I have been discussing with some JWs and from what they are saying... they believe Satan shares the divine nature of God... Satan is Godlike. I have studied the Jehovah's witness Doctrines and I don't believe the witnesses teach this kind of dangerous thing... so if you are a witness could you please confirm this and tell me why you thing Satan is divine and humans are also divine.

also can someone tell me what they understand by the term Image of God.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by tobietticom(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
I'm not a JW but I study Religion. Before I explain more about this things to you, I would love you to first understand the meaning of Divine.
Divine can be defined as 1.Having the nature of or being a deity.
2. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity.
Having understood the meaning of this, it should be noted that Satan is Not God like.
The Bible Says everything God Created was Perfect and Good and The same Bible says that *Gods thought towards us are of good and not evil*
We all know that satan doesn't wish us good, he is a looser than wishes us evil, he wants us to fall short of the Glory of God. So how can he be God Like. Jesus was God like while He was in Flesh as a Human and satan tempted him so how can that satan be Godlike.
*Hope I have cleared your disturbing thoughts about Satan being God like
Secondly about humans being Godlike~ this is spiritually and physically true. God gave us humans that favour. Going back to the creation story in Genesis Chapter One. You would understand than Man was created in the image and likeness of God. This should not be confused as literally image . It means the way God thinks and behave. But this image we had in us was corrupted by the first sin of adam and eve.
Humans got the oppurtunity to be divine again after Jesus Sent his Beloved Son *John 3:16 to Die for us. Study your bible especially the new testament and you would notice that Jesus came to Bring us into the divine nature of God. That is why we have Something Great and Powerful called the *Holy spirit in Us. We are the Sons of God. And every Son is like his Father. So if the father is Divine why won't the son be Divine *you get the logic* Jesus also confirmed this when he said *greater works shall ye do*
Lemme don't go in deep. Hope you understand from this little explanation above. But if you want more detailed explanation then holla me

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
tobietti.com:
I'm not a JW but I study Religion. Before I explain more about this things to you, I would love you to first understand the meaning of Divine.
Divine can be defined as 1.Having the nature of or being a deity.
2. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity.
Having understood the meaning of this, it should be noted that Satan is Not God like.
The Bible Says everything God Created was Perfect and Good and The same Bible says that *Gods thought towards us are of good and not evil*
We all know that satan doesn't wish us good, he is a looser than wishes us evil, he wants us to fall short of the Glory of God. So how can he be God Like. Jesus was God like while He was in Flesh as a Human and satan tempted him so how can that satan be Godlike.
*Hope I have cleared your disturbing thoughts about Satan being God like
Secondly about humans being Godlike~ this is spiritually and physically true. God gave us humans that favour. Going back to the creation story in Genesis Chapter One. You would understand than Man was created in the image and likeness of God. This should not be confused as literally image . It means the way God thinks and behave. But this image we had in us was corrupted by the first sin of adam and eve.
Humans got the oppurtunity to be divine again after Jesus Sent his Beloved Son *John 3:16 to Die for us. Study your bible especially the new testament and you would notice that Jesus came to Bring us into the divine nature of God. That is why we have Something Great and Powerful called the *Holy spirit in Us. We are the Sons of God. And every Son is like his Father. So if the father is Divine why won't the son be Divine *you get the logic* Jesus also confirmed this when he said *greater works shall ye do*
Lemme don't go in deep. Hope you understand from this little explanation above. But if you want more detailed explanation then holla me

thanks for contributing... exact same thing i was trying to tell those folks... they think because Satan is like spirit there for he is Godlike because God is spirit...

Adam was created in Gods image... Satan told him he will be like God if he eats the apple... sin came in... now we are in the image of Adam... we have sinful nature... bible says we will bare the image of the heavenly man(Jesus)

I would like to see what the other JWs will say concerning the dangerous teaching of the fellow JWs

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by Itsfacts: 7:43am On Jul 01, 2013
Now you have seen the length JWs can go. I dont know the kind of Jesus or God they worship this teaching is demonic tying the devil with God.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by KraticKratus: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2013
see christian logic:
-everything their god created is perfect
-their god created Satan
-Satan is not perfect
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2013
KraticKratus: see christian logic:
-their god created Satan
-Satan is not perfect

your ignorance brought about this comment...
God created us perfectly... why we fell from perfect is because of the free will he gave us.
if he created us without free will he is forcing us to love him and forced love is not love at all... and we wont be free so we had free will and satan used it badly and we became like this.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by KraticKratus: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

your ignorance brought about this comment...
God created us perfectly... why we fell from perfect is because of the free will he gave us.
if he created us without free will he is forcing us to love him and forced love is not love at all... and we wont be free so we had free will and satan used it badly and we became like this.

Another logic then.
-everything their god created was perfect
-their god created freewill
-perfect freewill caused imperfection in perfect creatures.

The mind boggles.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2013
KraticKratus:

Another logic then.
-everything their god created was perfect
-their god created freewill
-perfect freewill caused imperfection in perfect creatures.

The mind boggles.

Yeah your mind boggles. It should be like that.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by KraticKratus: 10:56am On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

Yeah your mind boggles. It should be like that.

My mind is with Satan. But christian logic is really christian.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by tobietticom(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2013
KraticKratus: see christian logic:
-their god created Satan
-Satan is not perfect

Yes Christian Login is right. Since you have a good understanding then you should know that Perfection doesn't mean good or bad. All of God's Creation were created to have a perfect freewill. What ever you choose to do is your choice, no one will force you. The different between humans and lucifer is that humans are higher than angels, humans who are in christ are sons of God not servants. *servants are angels. God does forgive humans but doesn't forgive angelic beings. That is why they are a lot of fallen angels .. Demons ... And so on ..
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Itsfacts: Now you have seen the length JWs can go. I dont know the kind of Jesus or God they worship this teaching is demonic tying the devil with God.

And I put it to you that you don't know the Jesus you claim to be following...

I defined what divine means in all its entirety and apllied it to satan...

Benalvino having a rigid pre-conception comes up and decides to misunderstand whatever point I made on the other thread......

See the major definitions of divine

1...Supernatural
2..Godlike
3..Heavenly
4..Angelic
5..Superhuman
6..Powerful...

By virtue of some of these definitions isn't satan divine...

Ona just wan always make small matter sound big just to malign people.....

Smh!!!!.......

Isn't satan superhuman??..isn't satan supernatural??..isn't satan angelic(though wicked)??....

Benalvino was asking me where satan got his powers from......

Where else did he get it ,if not from God the Father......abi satan come about as a result of evolution or the big bang theory??...

Make ona no make person vex o....

Make ona no open thread again dey behave like children when ona never consider all the facts....
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:

And I put it to you that you don't know the Jesus you claim to be following...

I defined what divine means in all its entirety and apllied it to satan...

Benalvino having a rigid pre-conception comes up and decides to misunderstand whatever point I made on the other thread......

See the major definitions of divine

1...Supernatural
2..Godlike
3..Heavenly
4..Angelic
5..Superhuman
6..Powerful...

By virtue of some of these definitions isn't satan divine...

Ona just wan always make small matter sound big just to malign people.....

Smh!!!!.......

Isn't satan superhuman??..isn't satan supernatural??..isn't satan angelic(though wicked)??....

Benalvino was asking me where satan got his powers from......

Where else did he get it ,if not from God the Father......abi satan come about as a result of evolution or the big bang theory??...

Make ona no make person vex o....

Make ona no open thread again dey behave like children when ona never consider all the facts....

Satan is not human... you cant be basing your doctrines on dictionary i have told you several times... Define is From God only... divine knowledge, revelation, power, love etc... all are from God. there is nothing bad in divine satan cant be divine because he is the opposite of what God is... he is bad.

I feel sorry for the length you are going o.
I use robot for you... when i make humanoid robot that looks like man... it doesn't make it man or manlike... humans were in God's image and when Adam sinned we fell short... Now every human born is in the image of Adam... for us to be Saved we have to be in the image of Christ... I use 2 verse prove this for you... yet you refuse.

Satan is not Godlike... he is so Ungodly... he is not divine, Divine or divinity have nothing to do with evil...

you said God created darkness... From your own watch tower teaching i read that Satan introduce evil(darkness) to the world... I will say you are making Watchtower look bad from some of the thing you are saying.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

Satan is not human... you cant be basing your doctrines on dictionary i have told you several times... Define is From God only... divine knowledge, revelation, power, love etc... all are from God. there is nothing bad in divine satan cant be divine because he is the opposite of what God is... he is bad.

My problem is the english you are reading where did it come from??.......

You are thinking I am saying satan is holy....you are misconstruing my whole stand..........satan is bad....I agree oooo.....but what he is fits the definition of DIVINE.....

I am defining DIVINE in all dimensions of the word......and it fits satan......

If satan isn't flesh and blood but a spirit it does make him divine......divine does not have only one meaning........

benalvino:

I feel sorry for the length you are going o.
I use robot for you... when i make humanoid robot that looks like man... it doesn't make it man or manlike... humans were in God's image and when Adam sinned we fell short... Now every human born is in the image of Adam... for us to be Saved we have to be in the image of Christ... I use 2 verse prove this for you... yet you refuse.
Why do you think we exhibit Gods atrributes...??.....why do you think we are altruisitic.....why do you think unlike animals we search for our creator And exhibit Godly qualities??.....

You can't sit down there in your house and discard the truth that we are in the image of God even if adam fell down a thousand times........

And your humanoid robot if it has the features of a man it is manlike.......if it has eyes,arms,legs, etc it is manlike....that is why you called it a humanoid robot in the first place ......

The verses u quoted links more with reSsurection......you have refused to see it from what I said........

We would be animals walking around naked and ignorant of our God if we aren't images of God.......

benalvino:

Satan is not Godlike... he is so Ungodly... he is not divine, Divine or divinity have nothing to do with evil...
Satan is a spirit....he is supernatural.....

Your problem is you think I am supporting satan.......

benalvino:

you said God created darkness... From your own watch tower teaching i read that Satan introduce evil(darkness) to the world... I will say you are making Watchtower look bad from some of the thing you are saying.

I said God created satan.......

And I said what ever inherent powers satan possesses he got it from God.........

Because satan is bad does not mean he is from another planet or another creator created him....

Get my point??......

And I re-iterate.....

I am not saying satan is HOLY.....

Already itsfact has opened another thread to misconstrue my words saying that I said satan is holy......

Make ona no make me vex o......
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:
My problem is the english you are reading where did it come from??.......

You are thinking I am saying satan is holy....you are misconstruing my whole stand..........satan is bad....I agree oooo.....but what he is fits the definition of DIVINE.....

I am defining DIVINE in all dimensions of the word......and it fits satan......

If satan isn't flesh and blood but a spirit it does make him divine......divine does not have only one meaning........

Why do you think we exhibit Gods atrributes...??.....why do you think we are altruisitic.....why do you think unlike animals we search for our creator And exhibit Godly qualities??.....

You can't sit down there in your house and discard the truth that we are in the image of God even if adam fell down a thousand times........

And your humanoid robot if it has the features of a man it is manlike.......if it has eyes,arms,legs, etc it is manlike....that is why you called it a humanoid robot in the first place ......

The verses u quoted links more with reSsurection......you have refused to see it from what I said........

We would be animals walking around naked and ignorant of our God if we aren't images of God.......

Satan is a spirit....he is supernatural.....

Your problem is you think I am supporting satan.......

I said God created satan.......

And I said what ever inherent powers satan possesses he got it from God.........

Because satan is bad does not mean he is from another planet or another creator created him....

Get my point??......

And I re-iterate.....

I am not saying satan is HOLY.....

Already itsfact has opened another thread to misconstrue my words saying that I said satan is holy......

Make ona no make me vex o......

God created Satan so?

You said he is divine... Satan is ungodly. Period. You cant say Satan is divine that's the wahala here

the same dictionary says divine comes from only one source? The supreme being which is God... and it also says Divine is Holy therefore it cant be linked with evil.

saying Satan is divine is Bad... bible doesn't even teach that. Bible promise us that we will share the divine qualities of God some time in the future.

the English come from Hebrew or Greek doesn't mean you will base your doctrine on dictionary.

the qualities me and you have today come from Adam... not God.

man was made by the image of God... through sin we fell short and become the image of Adam.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

God created Satan so?

You said he is divine... Satan is ungodly. Period. You cant say Satan is divine that's the wahala here

I defined divine in every way......

Divine means many things........

Don't make it look like I have blasphemed...this is english we are talking about........

This thread is uncalled for...

Make atheists ,satanists and paganists no see this thread if not you go leave am run o....

grin.....
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:

I defined divine in every way......

Divine means many things........

Don't make it look like I have blasphemed...this is english we are talking about........

This thread is uncalled for...

Make atheists ,satanists and paganists no see this thread if not you go leave am run o....

grin.....

God created Satan so?

the same dictionary says divine comes from only one source? The supreme being which is God... and it also says Divine is Holy therefore it cant be linked with evil.

saying Satan is divine is Bad... bible doesn't even teach that. Bible promise us that we will share the divine qualities of God some time in the future.

the English come from Hebrew or Greek doesn't mean you will base your doctrine on dictionary.

man was made by the image of God... through sin we fell short and become the image of Adam.

read your bible to understand what divine mean... not dictionary.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

read your bible to understand what divine mean... not dictionary.

Please paste all the dictionary definitions of the word DIVINE.....

Please abeg you....

Oboy I repeat we are the image of God...

Infact if I can remember most of us have even done better than adam by keeping strict adherence to Gods commands and remaining faithful.....

If we are only strictly the image of adam and not of God anymore because adam sinned we would not even serve God at all...

My brother to argue this thing don tire me......

If you no be image of God,I be image of God o...infact I be the glory of God.....
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:

Please paste all the dictionary definitions of the word DIVINE.....

Please abeg you....

Oboy I repeat we are the image of God...

Infact if I can remember most of us have even done better than adam by keeping strict adherence to Gods commands and remaining faithful.....

If we are only strictly the image of adam and not of God anymore because adam sinned we would not even serve God at all...

My brother to argue this thing don tire me......

If you no be image of God,I be image of God o...infact I be the glory of God.....

the bible is my dictionary... keep living with dictionary

image of God is pure... holy. image of adam is sin thats why we are born in sin.

we are in adams own image as the bible says

Genesis 5:3
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.

we are in a deformed image of God... we are in the Exact image of adam...
Jesus was the Only man with the exact image of God.

2 Corinthians 3:18
18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:4
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Corinthians 15:49
49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

We are made in God's image, but the potential value of this image will not be realized unless we become conformed to the image of Christ in our morality. To be living in God's image, we must be in a right (i.e., moral) relationship with God and with other humans, using our minds and our authority to serve God and our fellow humans. This is what it means to be in the image of God and conformed to the perfect image, his Son.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

we are in a deformed image of God... we are in the Exact image of adam...

We are made in God's image, but the potential value of this image will not be realized unless we become conformed to the image of Christ in our morality..

I understand you completely....but the bolded just agrees with my point and still with the scriptures.........

You can't claim the fact that we are completely not the image of God...that would be absurd.....
Your post suggests that we are in a deformed image of God......that supports d fact that we are still images of God but not to a perfect degree.......

We are still on the same page......

Like I said we have even done better than adam...that is why we are even d more images of God....

We reflect his qualities.......

Chikena!!!....

Simple and short.......

And like I said before ....::::: WE ARE THE GLORY OF GOD..
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
And again...if adam with him big head wey put us for this wahala be image of God,why we wey dey try all our best to serve God,dey display patience,endurance,wisdom,justice,long suffering,peacefulness,self sacrificing love no go be image of God....

Abeg no do o......

Adam passed on what ever he was to us......
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:

I understand you completely....but the bolded just agrees with my point and still with the scriptures.........

You can't claim the fact that we are completely not the image of God...that would be absurd.....
Your post suggests that we are in a deformed image of God......that supports d fact that we are still images of God but not to a perfect degree.......

We are still on the same page......

Like I said we have even done better than adam...that is why we are even d more images of God....

We reflect his qualities.......

Chikena!!!....

Simple and short.......

And like I said before ....::::: WE ARE THE GLORY OF GOD..

the Bolded point proves that Satan is not Godlike... the scriptures i present proves that we are in the image of Adam... a deformed image of God... Jesus who is the exact image of God has come to help us restore it.

Yes... by nature we are Adam but we need to try to be in Christ image for the transformation to take place... How do you be in Christ image? is my building your morality towards Christ...
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid: And again...if adam with him big head wey put us for this wahala be image of God,why we wey dey try all our best to serve God,dey display patience,endurance,wisdom,justice,long suffering,peacefulness,self sacrificing love no go be image of God....

Abeg no do o......

Adam passed on what ever he was to us......

our covenant is with Christ not the father... Adam had covenant with God directly... Now we have Covenant with Christ who had to pay for the wages of our sin.
so you cant Go to God directly. you need to God through Jesus. that is why you have to be in the image of Christ.
you have to accept Jesus pray through him... there is no connection between us and God without Christ.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
benalvino:

the Bolded point proves that Satan is not Godlike... the scriptures i present proves that we are in the image of Adam... a deformed image of God... Jesus who is the exact image of God has come to help us restore it.

Yes... by nature we are Adam but we need to try to be in Christ image for the transformation to take place... How do you be in Christ image? is my building your morality towards Christ...

isnt a deformed image of God ,still image of God?..... i tire for you oooo....

and again if satan is supernatural and a spirit he remains divine ,going by the definition of divine in all aspects of it....

those attributes he didnt get through evolution......

again i would say:::...satan isnt holy...thank you...and i am tired of arguing this issue
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
nope... when something is deformed it changes form... it may not be seen as the way it was... that deformed image of God is Adam's image... all the features we have today is from Adam... Adam had first class image from God... but he messed up an fall short in the Glory of God. no man is borne Holy except for Jesus... you may leave a holy life... but when you will become holy is when you partake in the divine nature... which is after Jesus comes back. the people who tries to live a holy life.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
ijawkid:

isnt a deformed image of God ,still image of God?..... i tire for you oooo....

and again if satan is supernatural and a spirit he remains divine ,going by the definition of divine in all aspects of it....

those attributes he didnt get through evolution......

again i would say:::...satan isnt holy...thank you...and i am tired of arguing this issue

going by your same dictionary you will learn that divine it truth... it is holy... there is nothing bad in divine. if satan is the opposite of God how he is divine?

stop building your doctrine on dictionary... you have not presented a single bible verse... only dictionary verse.

if you are reading this.. he is trying to say humans and Satan are just like God since God is a nature...
I present bible verses that says Jesus is GOD my nature and Satan(including idols) are not God by nature... bible verse
then he present a verse that says if we live a Good life born again and follow Christ footstep we might partake in their divine nature(being one with Christ) that is the verse he is using to prove that humans and Satan are God by nature...
another reason is that we are created in God's image so we are God... but when Satan tempt eve he told her if she eats the apple she will be like God... which means she wasn't God. because humans and Satan try to be God that is why sin entered our life... we are suppose to be in the image of the Lord and rule over animals and let God be God... but greed from Satan was transferred to humans and we want to be God.

buttom line is God said there are no God beside him. and He says he will destroy all God that did not Create the heaven and earth... so if you are God like JW teach God will destroy you...
what ijawkid use to hide this fact was that since we are God and didn't seek for Worship like Satan he wont destroy us. But he forgets that no Idol or wood someone is worship ever ask them to worship them. they cant even speak.
all this is to try to say humans are Just like God... since God is a nature. Satan is not divine. divine cant be associated with darkness from the source you are getting your definition from... you should use the bible to understand what divine means.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by BERNIMOORE: 12:25am On Jul 06, 2013
benalvino,

here i come again, throught the week i could only glance at the other treads that you created but realised that you have at least dump two other tread for this one, anyway,

you said bible is your dictionary, please quote the verse that says 'divine comes from only one source'

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 12:41am On Jul 06, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino,

here i come again, throught the week i could only glance at the other treads that you created but realised that you have at least dump two other tread for this one, anyway,

you said bible is your dictionary, please quote the verse that says 'divine comes from only one source'

why are you asking me this? you want to also prove that satan is a divine being?
could you please tell me which other source come from.
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by ijawkid(m): 3:21am On Jul 06, 2013
benalvino: nope... when something is deformed it changes form... it may not be seen as the way it was... that deformed image of God is Adam's image... all the features we have today is from Adam... Adam had first class image from God... but he messed up an fall short in the Glory of God. no man is borne Holy except for Jesus... you may leave a holy life... but when you will become holy is when you partake in the divine nature... which is after Jesus comes back. the people who tries to live a holy life.

Alvino just a scripture for you to ruminate on....

1 corinthians 11:7

7 For
a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since
he is the image and glory of God; but woman is
the glory of man.

Please are we still not the image of GOD??......

I no wan argue too much regarding this issue......

I have told you times without number that both your definitions and mine are correct with the scriptures....I have gone further to tell you that 1 corinthians 15:45-50 deals more on how persons would have to be in the image of Christ to live immortal lives in heaven.........

Adams sin ,I repeat adams sin in no way stops MAN from being the image of God......

The above verse crushes everything....

Thank you......
Re: A Question For Jehovahs Witnesses And Others: Is Satan Divine? by benalvino(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Alvino just a scripture for you to ruminate on....

1 corinthians 11:7

7 For
a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since
he is the image and glory of God; but woman is
the glory of man.

Please are we still not the image of GOD??......

I no wan argue too much regarding this issue......

I have told you times without number that both your definitions and mine are correct with the scriptures....I have gone further to tell you that 1 corinthians 15:45-50 deals more on how persons would have to be in the image of Christ to live immortal lives in heaven.........

Adams sin ,I repeat adams sin in no way stops MAN from being the image of God......

The above verse crushes everything....

Thank you......

So this verse is saying woman are not the image of God?
look... God created man and woman in his image... why is this verse saying woman is created in mans image instead?
is it not same way we are in Adams image?
and to be in Gods image we have to be in Christ image...

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

this was is the reason i say woman are "man" because man is sometimes refer to as human beings...

so Adam and eve takes up the image of God as man and woman...
then when Adam began to multiply we took the deformation of God's image which is Adam's image... the perfect image of God was here which is Christ that will restore our deformed image we get from Adam.. which means we have to be in Christ image to be in God's image again.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not Democratic, Why Should You As A Christain Be? / Does Ur Church Punish Late Comers? If Yes, Wat Type Of Punishement? / What Does The Bible Say About Vegetarianism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.