Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (6896 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Is Satan Really Black? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2006
According to Christianity, Satan is the epitome and embodiment of all evil things, described as "the father of all lies" in the Catholic Church's Catechism.

It is his works that tempt humans into doing bad deeds. If something evil occurs, we can be assured that Satan had something to do with it.

The only evidence we have to conclude Satan's utter evil is God's word, and frankly, God has shown a remarkable inconsistency in his actions and words, and he's hardly above lying or dishonest conduct if we look at the facts.

Straight after giving Moses the first set of Ten Commandments (which included "Thou shalt not kill"wink, he let Moses go ahead and order the Levites to go on a mass-murdering rampages, which they did, but only after he talked God out of killing all the people!

According to 2 Thessolonians 2:11-12, God will send a strong illusion to people so that they will believe lies, so he can condemn everyone to Hell. After giving Moses the Ten Commandments, God orchestrated a litany of atrocities through isolated commandments that are simply too great in number to list here.

So who's more evil? God or Satan? How can we determine this? Well, it's a simple matter of looking at the actions of both God and Satan. Who's committed more evil acts? Who's done more harm to humanity? Who's been the most oppressive? Is Satan really as bad as the church makes him out to be?

What do you think?

Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2006
not U again Rev! undecided
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by exu(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2006
I love Satan.

He used to make me pancakes as a child.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2006
I love Satan. If God was truly as good as the Christians would have you believe, he would use his "all powerful" powers to stop the devil from corrupting people. In reality, Satan is just the "Fall Guy" to take all the blame when God does something evil. cheesy
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2006
The only thing that has kept me wondering why is their only ONE DEVIL AKA SATAN but so many Gods i.e JAH,ALLAH,RAMA,YAWEH,OGUN,AMADIOHA !
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2006
Many traditional religions have multiple Gods, so they didn't need a devil. The traditional Gods were neither good nor evil. They were complexed personalities with conflicting views. However, with the introduction of single God religions like Christianity and Islam, the need to represent these Gods as good even though many bad things were happening in the world led to the creation of the devil. This mythical being is then blamed for anything that goes wrong. And his evilness is blamed on his un-willingness to obey the all powerful, good God.

So, as you can see, to have a single God, you must either accept that God is neither good nor evil, or you must create another being to take the blame for the evil in the world.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2006
Afeni
U're One hell of a silly Senseless @$$hole!!

I love Satan.

He used to make me pancakes as a child.

Satan used to make U pancakes as a child??
U would have been dead by now U thick-headed trog!
U some silly bloke!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2006
@ Rhodalyn

What makes you think that Satan can not make pancakes? I am sure he is quite capable. Next you will be telling us that God is unable to whip up a delicious Beef Stroganoff if he wished!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2006
Reverend haha haha  grin grin grin
If Satan is everywhere as Christians believe then he must be typing with rhodalyn,sleeping in her bed,taking a shower  mmmm i would like that
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by hotangel2(f): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2006
Father forgive them for they do no know what they are doing.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2006
Rightly said hottie
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2006
Rev, are U really a Reverend?? U of all ppl should know better
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2006
Nobody has ever heard of Satans version of events,except what we've read from the bible.
Reverend asked a legitimate question, he could have asked are Nigerians really that bad,are black really that inferior even in the face of all evidence pointing to the fact black people are inferior and Nigerians bad
Before you make up your mind open it!

enjoy
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ikamefa(f): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2006
shocked yeeeeeparipaaaaaaaaaa! shocked shocked shocked what am i reading? what am i doing on this thread?. somebody ate pancakes made by the devil o ti pari shocked @ rev are u kosher?
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by LiquidMind(m): 12:07am On Jun 08, 2006
@exu are you not afraid to eat devil pancakes shocked

I wounder what will be going through your mind
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 6:12am On Jun 08, 2006
I don't think Satan's first choice would be pancakes, it would probably be something hot and spicy like Mexican Chilli with plenty of Hot Pepper Sauce and a side order of Tortilla Chips!

Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by QueenB1(f): 10:45am On Jun 08, 2006
So its u again Rev. with ur stupid questions right. shocked First it was about Jesus and now God. Are u sure ur not a evil child. Or do u think that these topics are funny. Let me tell ya its not funny at all, neither for us or for God. But whatever, do what u wanna do aight. (Is Satan really such a bad Person )No he is a goood person and he always want the best for us okay! Idiot lipsrsealed
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by rotbog(m): 10:46am On Jun 08, 2006
Dear, Reverend Know All.

I'm abit confused. How do you explain the existence of witches and their gory confessions. I have witnessed quite a number of these confessions ova the years.
Do they have an overall master? Or they just make up these stories to help take the blame for weird , unexplanable disasters and mishaps in our communities?

Please respond in time. I'm so confused because some times I feel you're also one of them. U c, I hear that he has many agents online at present with the sole aim of killing the faith of adherents to a certain faith and to cover his identity.[. Some confessed witch said so recently].

I'm so so confused. Please help me!!!!! I'm so scared

Hope to hear from u soon.

---Worried Nairalander
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 11:48am On Jun 08, 2006
@ Rotbog

I do not believe in witches, elves, ghosts, wizards, vampires, werewolves, witch doctors, voodoo, mumbo jumbo, the devil, the boogie man or any other of the man made characters that have been created over the years to manipulate and control otherwise normal thinking people by frightening them.

Don't be confused or scared. They do not exist accept in the imagination of people with too much time on their hands!

I do not want to kill anybodies faith, but I reserve the right to disagree with common held beliefs, superstisions and man made mumbo Jumbo that over the last few thosand years has been created to keep control over our minds.

If you really wanted to look deeper into things and make comparisons then you might find the following to be of use:-

Who's committed more evil acts? Who's done more harm to humanity?

God

•God takes away Adam and Eve's eternal life, thus cocommittinghe first murder, and holds their descendants responsible and visiting Adam and Eve's punishment down on their children. In today's moral standards, the sins of the father die with the father.
•God destroys all life on Earth in a great flood, except for a drunk (Noah) and his family, for failing to worship him.
•God's tenth plague upon the Israelites was the unjustified murder of all firstborn sons in Egypt, which undoubtedly included little children.
•Before sending the plagues to Egypt, God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go, so he could have an excuse to visit horrible plagues upon them, like boils, killing cattle and murdering all firstborn sons. (Exodus 4:21)
•God orders the Levites to kill their "every man and his neighnor" for worshipping another god. This cost 3000 lives. (Exodus 32:27)
•God sends a plague to the Israelites, apparently feeling that mass-butchery wasn't enough of a punishment. (Exodus 32:35)
•God kills Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brother's (whom God also slew) wife and instead "spilling his seed on the ground." (Genesis 38:8-10)
•God kills the entire populations of Soddom and Gammorah (again,Gomorrahng women, children and infants) for practicing certain sexual techniques.
•God gives all Philistines hemorrhoids in their pubic areas. (1 Samuel 5:9)
•God kills over 50,000 people for looking at an ark. (1 Samuel 6:19)
•God kills 70,000 people because King David decided to have a census. (1 Chronicles 21:7-14)
•God approves of slavery, and instructs owners to beat their slaves. (Proverbs 29:19)
•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

Satan

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There icommittingical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

You make up your own mind on the issue of course! But if you look at the facts then the picture is not so clear.

That is probably why I choose not believe in the Satan. If I did it would make God look like a really bad guy sad
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ikamefa(f): 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2006
*roll eyes*  *roll eyes* but the argument you give above is in favor of satan *roll eyes*
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Genial(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ Reverend

I do not believe that you actually exist, or that any of the things that have purportedly been typed by you are your original thoughts.

I cannot see you, smell you, feel you or hear you.

Therefore I am forced to conclude that you are the figment of someone's idle imagination.

What say ye - are you real?
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Efani(m): 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ reverend, exu and afeni
y'all some twisted weirdos
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ Efani

On behalf of myself and the other mentioned parties, we thank you for the compliment cool
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Efani(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2006
lol "we"
r y'all like in league wit da devil or sumn
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by lunafish(f): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2006
Reverend you're a very funny guy.

Wasn't it Pharoah who ordered the killing of all the first borns son's under the age of two at the Birth of Jesus?

Then during Passover; the angel of death passed over the heads of men abd killed all people whose homes weren't coated in lamb's blood?

I'm just asking caus e I have an RE exam soon.

As for your Good Satan argument, I won't comment. You should watch Master Stroke with Bob Manuel Odokwu and Omotola. Bob Manuel makes a similar argument.

Peace to all.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by lunafish(f): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ Efani Are you preoccupied with the devil or something?
If you're onw of God's people put your energy into God.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Efani(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2006
no im not but dont u find it creepy?
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2006
This global discrimination against Satan and demons is getting out of hand. I believe in equal spiritual opportunities for all. If the Reverend of Satan and his demons wants to demonstrate Satan's innocence, we should listen first!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ajia23(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2006
Jesus Christ!!!!! Wetin I dey read for here? These people don mara finally. Well, it seems the reverend just had an epiphany, watched Devil advocate and decided to inundate us with the devil's side of the story. But like my man Keanu said, let me repeat with some modifications.
But Reverend, in the Bible and Quran, you and the Devil lose, you lose. And don't tell me consider the source because Avril Lavigne and his cohorts have not successfully stated the future prophecy of Stan's end. I however invite you to do this.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2006
@ Ajia23

And don't tell me consider the source because Avril Lavigne and his cohorts have not successfully stated the future prophecy of Stan's end. I however invite you to do this.

Who is Stan? and what did he do wrong. Could you be talking about the famous Stan Laurel from the comedy duo Laurel & Hardy?

Well, it seems the reverend just had an epiphany, watched Devil advocate and decided to inundate us with the devil's side of the story.

I have watched the devils advocate, not a bad film cool Al Pacino plays the part well!

As for the devil, everybody should have the chance to give their side of the story before they are judged!
Just like in court, innocent until proved guilty!

Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ajia23(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2006
@ Reverend

Give me Satan's side of the story.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2006
@ Aljia23

ajia23:

@ Reverend

Give me Satan's side of the story.

That is the problem, other than very few words in the Old Testament, there does not seem to be any real information, other than we are constantly told to hate somebody that according the the facts and when all things are considered does not seem to have done much wrong !

[img]http://www.mayashoes.com/1279.JPEG[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.