Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (289921 Views)

Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by hohafrank(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2014
nedu2000: I see this as a very unfortunate development for 'men of God' who should be more concerned with issues of spirituality and not material possessions. Such acquisition of wealth is baffling whereby a new testament reading says "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"
Their material possessions is nothing compare to their spirituality,which you can't quantify.So better wake up and be serious in your spiritual life in order to leave in abundance and make heaven as well.These men of God toil day and night spiritually,hence God bless them beyond measure.Sit up and apply yourself to spiritual matters and see how God will bless you.I wish you the best.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2014
hohafrank: Their material possessions is nothing compare to their spirituality,which you can't quantify.So better wake up and be serious in your spiritual life in order to leave in abundance and make heaven as well.These men of God toil day and night spiritually,hence God bless them beyond measure.Sit up and apply yourself to spiritual matters and see how God will bless you.I wish you the best.

Wow!!

And you know this how?!

Are you Jesus?!

Like I tell some christians, you better pack light clothing, Hell is gonna be hot as F#@$#$K..

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by eagleeye2: 9:03am On Jan 07, 2014
hohafrank: Their material possessions is nothing compare to their spirituality,which you can't quantify.So better wake up and be serious in your spiritual life in order to leave in abundance and make heaven as well.These men of God toil day and night spiritually,hence God bless them beyond measure.Sit up and apply yourself to spiritual matters and see how God will bless you.I wish you the best.
Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Zet72(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.
Don't mind those poor Christians, that doesn't know they right in Christ Jesus.

I personally, I don't like listening to all this poor & wretched preacher/Christian telling me that God is good & giveth reaches, when the evidence can not be sported in they life., Preachers of good tidings should leave in abundance not in scarcity.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2014
black men. .nigeria o nigeria. . .make i go sell my papa land start church 4 ikeja area. . .solo chapel. . . .abeg wu go join me 4 my crusade?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by sweetgala(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2014
Nigeria have a majority for such a poor and disorganised country to have multi millionaire pastors, we surely have our priorities messed up .
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by thillizmind: 9:09am On Jan 07, 2014
how did pastor Adeboye made the. list. when no one knows his net worth.? at least the op never quoted his worth or income.get us his income and worth or else the list is a crap. meanwhile he never own any jet.they where only made available for his use and they are own by other business consign who also use the jets for charter services. this I know for sure.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Gvive(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2014
RINE.:
Please click ' like' if you knows that vanity upon vanity ...all is vanity!
but its better to b on d better side of vanity. d rich nd educated side rather Dan d penury and shame side

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Matthew 6:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Allahu Akbar!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Luke 12:15
Then [Jesus] said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions..

Allah be Praised..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Gvive(f): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2014
I love church business; empowering d rich wit ur offerings nd tithes
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:17am On Jan 07, 2014
Luke 12:33-34
Sell your possessions and give to the poor: Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

There is no God but Allah..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 07, 2014
pipeewa: 1.Bishop T. D Jakes

Bishop Jakes lives in a $1,700,000 mansion, he has been called America's best preacher and has been featured on the cover of TIME magazine. He is a writer, preacher and movie producer. Thomas Dexter "T. D." Jakes, Sr. is the bishop/chief pastor of The Potter's House, a non-denominational American mega church, with 30,000 members, located in Dallas, Texas. T.D Jakes wears custom made suits and sports a diamond ring the size of a coin. This man of God has been endowed with a $150 million net worth.

2.Bishop David Oyedepo

Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian Preacher, Christian Author, Founder and Presiding Bishop of Winners Chapel known as Living Faith Church World Wide. Has been hailed as the wealthiest preacher in Nigeria with a total net worth of $150 million and properties like 4 private jets and homes in the United States and England. After the foundation of the Living Faith Outreach Ministry in 1981, it has evolved to be one of the largest congregations in Africa and has a flourishing mission in Nairobi.

3.E A Adeboye
This messenger of God was listed in an African magazine, NEWSWEEK, as the most powerful man in Africa and one of the top 50 global power elites in 2008/2009, among others such as President Barack Obama and Nicolas Sarkozy. Pastor Adeboye heads the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), something he has done for the last 28years.Amongst his posessions are private jets.

4.Benny Hinn

Israeli televangelist,Toufik Benedictus “Benny” Hinn has an estimated net worth of $42 million. He is best known for his regular “Miracle Crusades” – revival meeting/faith healing summits that are usually held in large stadiums in major cities, which are later broadcast worldwide on his television program, “This Is Your Day”. Hinn was born on December 3, 1952

5.Chris Oyakhilome

This is the man behind Believers’ Loveworld Ministries, a.k.a Christ Embassy.His church has an estimated net worth of $30 million – $50 million last year, the charismatic preacher was at the center of a $35 million money laundering case in which he was accused of siphoning funds from his church to foreign banks.

6.Creflo Dollar

American Bible teacher, pastor, and the founder of World Changers Church International, Creflo Dollar, has an estimated net worth of $27 million. As his name suggests, this preacher’s “manna” comes in form of the green buck.

7.Kenneth Copeland

He runs Kenneth Copeland Ministries, was one of several televangelists whose finances were investigated from 2007 to 2011 by Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa.

According to an article by the Associated Press that ran in 2008, "His ministry's 1,500-acre campus, behind an iron gate a half-hour drive from Fort Worth includes a church, a private airstrip, a hangar for the ministry's $17.5 million jet and other aircraft, and a $6 million church owned lakefront mansion.

The article later added that while Copeland has not released up-to-date salary statements, "the church disclosed in a property-tax exemption application that his wages were $364,577 in 1995; Copeland's wife, Gloria, earned $292,593. It's not clear whether those figures include other earnings, such as special offerings for guest preaching or book royalties.”

8.Billy Graham

American evangelical Christian evangelist, William Franklin “Billy” Graham, Jr., has a net worth of $25 million. The Southern Baptist evangelist rose to celebrity status as his sermons started getting broadcast on radio and television. Graham was born on a dairy farm near Charlotte, North Carolina in 1918, he has conducted many evangelistic crusades since 1948 . He is now a world renowned televangelist raking in millions of dollars.

9.Matthew Ashimolowo

Ashimolowo, the owner of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) gets an annual income of $200,000. Having his humble beginnings as a priest in Foursquare Gospel Church, a Nigerian church that sent Ashimolowo to open a satellite branch in London. Pastor Matthew had other ideas and decided to set up his own church instead. Today, his Kingsway International Christian Center is reportedly the largest Pentecostal church in the whole of the United Kingdom

10.Temitope Joshua

Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) has an estimated net worth: $10 million – $15 million Nigeria’s most controversial clergyman is also one of its richest and most philanthropic. T.B Joshua heads the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a congregation he founded in 1987, which accommodates over 15,000 worshippers on Sundays.

http://vibeweekly.com/old-site/home/features/2893-top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world.html

For a start, How did they arrive at these figures?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2014
1 Timothy 6:9-11
People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.[size=16pt] For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.[/size] Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, [size=18pt]man of God,[/size] flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

Alhamdulillah
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by DeKollins(m): 9:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Whatever your hand findeth to do, Please do it well. This is my final submission. Do not quote the Bible out of context.
Any of these men of God that have engaged their time productively without extortion and embezzlement should be allowed
the enjoy the fruits of their Labour
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2014
1 John 3:17
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?

La il laha il Allah, Muhammad a rasool Allah
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2014
De Kollins: Whatever your hand findeth to do, Please do it well. This is my final submission. Do not quote the Bible out of context.
Any of these men of God that have engaged their time productively without extortion and embezzlement should be allowed
the enjoy the fruits of their Labour

I hope you have reserved your space in Hell... angry

It would be sad to not only be in hell but uncomfortable.. Hurry whilst space lasts..

And before you vex, I said it because the wretched sould of this pastors would be demanded from you by God. You encourage them in their evil ways..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Ayatullah(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2014
They will all soon have their time over in this world to be met with disappointment in the presence of their Lord Jesus Christ who will scornfully tell them: "Get Away From Me, Ye Workers Of Iniquities".
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by tinydev56: 9:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Did any of you guys notice the difference btw pst Adeboye and the rest in dat list?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by thinkdip(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=oiseworld]These men of God should try harder, they're still way behind Solomon.[/quote
Lool, those one's were kings and not prophet...nevertheless it dosent matter if they are rich. Only God has blessed them exceedingly.
*quickly return to my work*]
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2014
Luke 16:13 ESV / 28
No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

Allah ta ala
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Ayatullah(m): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Mr Aboki: 1 Timothy 6:9-11
People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.[size=16pt] For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.[/size] Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, [size=18pt]man of God,[/size] flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

Alhamdulillah

Nagode, please teach them their Bible proper, proper.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2014
pipeewa: 1.Bishop T. D Jakes

Bishop Jakes lives in a $1,700,000 mansion, he has been called America's best preacher and has been featured on the cover of TIME magazine. He is a writer, preacher and movie producer. Thomas Dexter "T. D." Jakes, Sr. is the bishop/chief pastor of The Potter's House, a non-denominational American mega church, with 30,000 members, located in Dallas, Texas. T.D Jakes wears custom made suits and sports a diamond ring the size of a coin. This man of God has been endowed with a $150 million net worth.

2.Bishop David Oyedepo

Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian Preacher, Christian Author, Founder and Presiding Bishop of Winners Chapel known as Living Faith Church World Wide. Has been hailed as the wealthiest preacher in Nigeria with a total net worth of $150 million and properties like 4 private jets and homes in the United States and England. After the foundation of the Living Faith Outreach Ministry in 1981, it has evolved to be one of the largest congregations in Africa and has a flourishing mission in Nairobi.

3.E A Adeboye
This messenger of God was listed in an African magazine, NEWSWEEK, as the most powerful man in Africa and one of the top 50 global power elites in 2008/2009, among others such as President Barack Obama and Nicolas Sarkozy. Pastor Adeboye heads the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), something he has done for the last 28years.Amongst his posessions are private jets.

4.Benny Hinn

Israeli televangelist,Toufik Benedictus “Benny” Hinn has an estimated net worth of $42 million. He is best known for his regular “Miracle Crusades” – revival meeting/faith healing summits that are usually held in large stadiums in major cities, which are later broadcast worldwide on his television program, “This Is Your Day”. Hinn was born on December 3, 1952

5.Chris Oyakhilome

This is the man behind Believers’ Loveworld Ministries, a.k.a Christ Embassy.His church has an estimated net worth of $30 million – $50 million last year, the charismatic preacher was at the center of a $35 million money laundering case in which he was accused of siphoning funds from his church to foreign banks.

6.Creflo Dollar

American Bible teacher, pastor, and the founder of World Changers Church International, Creflo Dollar, has an estimated net worth of $27 million. As his name suggests, this preacher’s “manna” comes in form of the green buck.

7.Kenneth Copeland

He runs Kenneth Copeland Ministries, was one of several televangelists whose finances were investigated from 2007 to 2011 by Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa.

According to an article by the Associated Press that ran in 2008, "His ministry's 1,500-acre campus, behind an iron gate a half-hour drive from Fort Worth includes a church, a private airstrip, a hangar for the ministry's $17.5 million jet and other aircraft, and a $6 million church owned lakefront mansion.

The article later added that while Copeland has not released up-to-date salary statements, "the church disclosed in a property-tax exemption application that his wages were $364,577 in 1995; Copeland's wife, Gloria, earned $292,593. It's not clear whether those figures include other earnings, such as special offerings for guest preaching or book royalties.”

8.Billy Graham

American evangelical Christian evangelist, William Franklin “Billy” Graham, Jr., has a net worth of $25 million. The Southern Baptist evangelist rose to celebrity status as his sermons started getting broadcast on radio and television. Graham was born on a dairy farm near Charlotte, North Carolina in 1918, he has conducted many evangelistic crusades since 1948 . He is now a world renowned televangelist raking in millions of dollars.

9.Matthew Ashimolowo

Ashimolowo, the owner of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) gets an annual income of $200,000. Having his humble beginnings as a priest in Foursquare Gospel Church, a Nigerian church that sent Ashimolowo to open a satellite branch in London. Pastor Matthew had other ideas and decided to set up his own church instead. Today, his Kingsway International Christian Center is reportedly the largest Pentecostal church in the whole of the United Kingdom

10.Temitope Joshua

Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) has an estimated net worth: $10 million – $15 million Nigeria’s most controversial clergyman is also one of its richest and most philanthropic. T.B Joshua heads the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a congregation he founded in 1987, which accommodates over 15,000 worshippers on Sundays.

http://vibeweekly.com/old-site/home/features/2893-top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world.html

Whilst I doubt these figures, there is nothing wrong or new about those that serve God being wealthy, all perfectly scriptural. Jesus, Solomon, Paul (he travelled the world preaching the Gospel and all his needs were met by God).
For those that will lash out perhaps out of jealousy, I have a few questions: you and these men, who is more spiritual? Who served God more, who bears more fruits for God, and who represents God more here on earth, who gives more to the poor and finally, let me know if it is unscriptural to be wealthy serving Jesus. I have so many Scriptures.
I have always had this perspective on private jet: had anyone complained that American president flies on a private jet. compare American President to a preacher that travels around the world to preach the Gospel. In the eyes of God, whose job is more noble and more regarded and who needs a private jet to do his job?
I look forward to a day when I will afford to buy a private jet or even vessel for a preacher to travel around the world and it will happen.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by NaLaugh: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2014
whats that part of the bible that says something about Camels, eye of the needle, rich men and heaven?

I'd love to be in their congregation when that part comes up. Na then u go see remix cheesy
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by zebra(m): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2014
blink182: 50% from Nigeria, religion is big business in this country.
No. Christianity is big biz in nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2014
oiseworld: These men of God should try harder, they're still way behind Solomon.

IN OTHER WORDS
MEMBERS THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL Y'ALL
UR PASTORS AINT RICH ENOUGH
U STILL HAVE HOMES 2 SELL
SELL OFF EVERYTHING
MAKE SOLOMON'S WEALTH PEANUTS
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by kennyamusan(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2014
k2039: I will only have been suprised if they weren't rich.

Even if you explain to them, they won't understand, We speak wisdom among those that are matured, yet not the wisdom of this age. Materialism has been preached to most of this fellows in a faulty way and that's why most will remain poor. There faith can't grasp what God has in stock for them even if God decides to bless them.
wat r u grabing,d econoy is down and u r here talking rubbish,y did u think america is not moved by religion,cos d economy is robust,every new year,econoic planners are intervied to forcast abt d year,econonic policies re reviewed but wat do we have in Nigeria,prophecy (thinkg or imagination) and d people are still hungry.Wat have they not preached yet d people are still poor,it is not d people,Never Ever Ever say dat cos I don't Understand ur 'Grabing'.Mayb u should explain later,or are Arabs not grabbing too,south Africa is grabbing,Ghana Is just Grabing,U.k Is grabbing but d people in Nigeria are not grabbing,poverty and spirituality stupidity and nonentityy is d basis of ou problem here.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by victorazy(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2014
nedu2000: I see this as a very unfortunate development for 'men of God' who should be more concerned with issues of spirituality and not material possessions. Such acquisition of wealth is baffling whereby a new testament reading says "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Sharap who told you richness is a sin, if they are poor you will still criticize them that "where is their God" we don't serve poor gods.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Skaylex(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2014
mosi2living: I understand that most people will always frown at topics like this, because of individual understanding and perception about it. But I can tell everyone that most of this men have been tested by God and have passed the test, this is what is called supernatural wealth, it's not accidental, it's not church money as many will supposed. e.g David Oyedepo stop collecting salary from the church before the 90s, there's no profit that comes from books sale, this is a man that give out scholarship to thousands yearly, this are men who are sold out to the course of God and men. It's easy to sit down and begin to criticise and say all manner but that won't change anything or makes you better. All these men once had nothing, I think it's better to think of the secrets to making it yourself instead of accusing someone.
GOD BLESS U BRO.U'VE SAID IT ALL.I DNT KNW WHY sum people criticise rich men of God!hypocrites!!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by shexycoleman: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2014
We tank God for we are also no top
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Skaylex(m): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2014
kenfunmi: For d fact dt nothing is working in ur own life does nt mean its nt working 4 odas.for d fact dt u av nt experienced a miracle does nt mean men of God fake it wen it happens....y don't u do thins wit right heart nd get results....those who re makin waves don't av time 2 criticize
woww....i cant help bt 2 salute u!!GOD BLES U MA SIS!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 9:57am On Jan 07, 2014
victorazy:

Sharap who told you richness is a sin, if they are poor you will still criticize them that "where is their God" we don't serve poor gods.

You dont serve a Poor God..

You only serve a God who does not care about the Poor.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.