Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age (24362 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by fubbyy(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
This is bullshit, how many times are we going to read things like this, whoever that doesn't know all these must be living in pluto, this article is just like teaching adults abc, even the 12 years old here must have red this things over 100 times, why must this same thing keep coming up every now and then?
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by AbuMikey(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice Write Up!!!

1 Like

Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by naffysa(f): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
Thank u.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by oluking: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
fubbyy: This is bullshit, how many times are we going to read things like this, whoever that doesn't know all these must be living in pluto, this article is just like teaching adults abc, even the 12 years old here must have red this things over 100 times, why must this same thing keep coming up every now and then?

u dey vex...ok go read Bible grin
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by godman01(m): 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ok o.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by RedCard1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice write up but that number 4 can never be on my mind at this my very young age.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
what is wrong with airtel internet? this pple want to finish me by all means...to dat guy complaining of ban, iwas banned up to 10 times on that GEJ thread alone on saturday!!
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by tspun(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
ighoosagie: my time in NL is up, I got 2 ban in 3ban in 2 days (1hr each), wat a humiliation,
I tink I over stayed my welcome.
Let of ogugua n oda moderators av it all 2 dem sef.
Adieu 2u all.
u are not the first those mod. Ban and you will not be the last so stop making noise ok... FAREWELL.. We Will mis u.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by dare2think: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
As much as their are lots of wisdom within that post, life is not as straight forward like that. Regardless of the advice written in the post, a lot of people will still have to learn through experience.

However, much of what is written will happen to a young person at some point. Its Life.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by nekaa(f): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
mollytinrox: I DON'T AGREE JOR. WETIN SEF?

tongue

I AGREE. NICE WRITE UP.
you have not being cured of ur double personality issues? Aw sad....
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by NNAMNSOUDOIDUN(f): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Fantastic information. Keep it up.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by kolamilan(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
how can you work hard when you are not serious.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by free13: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
nice.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by kolamilan(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
people saying ''thanks for writing this or am glad i read through''unless if only put one of the recommendations into action. Remember that most of the things said here are easier said than done.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by EmmyDe25(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
The denoument perfectly explains the situation am going through right now. Na all man for himself... Never put your trust or hope in anybody... they are simply human.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Christmasdon(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
king of pool: i love this article, thanks so much cos i nearly loss hope
....you nearly lost hope abi. If u like continue playing pool.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Elxandre(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
nekaa: you have not being cured of ur double personality issues? Aw sad....

and you need to be cured of your silly spelling and i too know syndrome...i have your medicine..
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by dasdexter(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
dude i give ya a 1000 likes for this post
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by mastertidy(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Stegomiah: I have a lot to say, and I don’t really know where to begin. The age of adolescence is one you will remember forever. You will experience more than you can ever imagine in the next decade or so, both good and bad. People will come, people will go, you will be let down and you will be joyfully surprised. There will be pressure to conform and to follow the trends portrayed in the media. There will be pressure to make decisions and face conflicts. You will learn and you will grow.

It’s important that you stay true to you. Do not allow other people or outside factors to change you. You are uniquely you, and that is exactly why people love to be in your presence. Express your weirdness and do it with pride. Be funny; be silly. You are too young to be so serious. Make new friends; explore new places. Most importantly be yourself, workhard, have a purpose in life, be determined to succeed, have fun, love, and never forget to smile αℓωαчs.... Below are a list of things you should know.

1. Take risks.

It’s the risks you take that will guide you to learning more about yourself and who you want to be. Do not let social pressures turn you into someone you’re not, however. Who cares what other people think? You are your own person, and you will soon learn that the opinions of others do not matter nearly as much as you think they do.

2. There will be great friends, but foes, as well.

There will even be some great friends who turn into foes. Do not let the drama of youth run your life. Be true to your friends, be trustworthy and be honest. You will come across others who might not be your biggest fan for no reason at all. You cannot let these individuals phase you. Disregard the negativity.

3. Be good to others, and others will be good to you.

The same goes for the lovers that will come and go in your life. There will be your first love, followed by a possible broken heart, and then there will be many loves that swoop in to mend that broken heart. You will experience all types of love in this world, along with all different types of lovers that you might never expect.

4. Be a loyal and faithful lover.

Avoid temptations that will quickly turn into regrets. Give yourself the ability to say with confidence that you are and always have been a good girlfriend. To the lovers who break your heart, screw them. Second chances as hard to give as they are to come by, and more often than not, you will be disappointed with yourself for letting the one who hurt you back into your life. Always remember that there will be many loves in your life, and the right one will never let you down.

5. Explore the world!

There is so much opportunity out there. Walk through open doors. If you don’t take advantage of opportunity and dive into risks, you might never discover your true calling. Consider challenges opportunities to build your strength and learn lessons. You will find that when one door closes, another door opens.

6.Life goes on and never stands still.

Expand your horizons. Soak up different pressures! Life is not a bed of roses, face the challenges that comes your way and stand up to it. You may have setbacks, heartbreaks, failures, you may loose someone special to you, but learn to αℓωαчs move on and come out stronger cos life goes on and never stands still, also time waits for no Man.

7. Be appreciative of what you have.

You are so young-minded and naive, it’s almost funny. Do not be ungrateful. You are blessed with the life you have in itself. Appreciate what you are given, and never take it anything for granted. One day, what you once had will no longer be there. Recognize the value in even the littlest things. It’s these things that make for the best memories. Be grateful for your friends, family and support system. The people who are there for you right now will most likely be the people who will be there for you until the end.

8. The changes that you experience will shock you. There will be countless blessings that come unannounced, along with losses that happen all too quickly. While some changes will be the guides to a better future, others will be hard to accept. It’s the good and bad changes that will mold you into the wonderful individual that you are. Welcome the good with open arms, mourn the losses that you cannot prevent and save the ones that you can.

9. You have the power to empower.

Have confidence in yourself. Be a leader and enforce change. Be strong enough to stand up for what you believe in, gain support for a good cause and alter the world as we know it. The world is in your hands — don’t let it drop.

10. Some Battles Have To Be Fought Alone,
Some Paths Have To Be Crossed Alone,

So; Never Be Too Emotionally Attached to Anyone.
You Never Know When You Have To Walk Alone!
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Odunharry(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
nice one op...wish this will get across to many young people especially those in ss3 and jambites..

This is useful....op pls share on fbk page pass across 2 ur friends...

Do i av d permission 2 post some of these?

I was sharing smthing similar wit sm1 sme weeks back..
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Stegomiah: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
fubbyy: This is bullshit, how many times are we going to read things like this, whoever that doesn't know all these must be living in pluto, this article is just like teaching adults abc, even the 12 years old here must have red this things over 100 times, why must this same thing keep coming up every now and then?

My dear judging by Nlanders comment, it aint bullshit! Infact you need to digest some of the points listed hia and bury your ego! Be a good boy, kk!

1 Like

Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Stegomiah: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Odunharry: nice one op...wish this will get across to many young people especially those in ss3 and jambites..

This is useful....op pls share on fbk page pass across 2 ur friends...

Do i av d permission 2 post some of these?

I was sharing smthing similar wit sm1 sme weeks back..

Permission granted, my goal is for many young people as possible to read this.
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by okpukmbat: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
you really make my day op. Thank you
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by KBEST3(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
Tanx
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by optimusprime2(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice post @OP... Will never forget the day I hit the 6ft mark... Well, as the kid who was always pushed around by his mates, it was dramatic, I always thought I'd be the lil' one for life, until my 16th Birthday... Gosh!
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by abujalapdog(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2013

Lol its a form of reminder for you. Keep it closer than it was . lmao
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by emike87: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
I love this
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by millhouse: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Interesting
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by JohnnyPalmer: 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice post. In addition, do not forget God in the days of ur youth
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by JohnnyPalmer: 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
kolamilan: how can you work hard when you are not serious.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Petraman(m): 12:57am On Jul 02, 2013
Wat a nice topic! It came @ d very right time dat I needed it. God bless d OP! Amen!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 02, 2013
are you not tired of being young? just try to be old for once!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / 75-year-old Widow Ejected From Her Husband's House By Her Stepson In Imo / “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.