Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact (15191 Views)

Haiti “pain Rush”: The Myth Of White Superiority - By Ezili Dantò / Are Nigerians Really This Bad , That Other African Countries Want Us Out? / Interesting Article, Destroying Myth Most Blacks Are On Welfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by SPSpecial(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2013
Am so so glad as for the rest...... i dont know for them
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Picomon(m): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia:

hahaha blind man tongue tongue tongue

hahaha blind woman. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Cashio(m): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2013
mikelreal: 80% percent of Nigerians re not happy, 60% wished they weren't Nigerians.
perhaps they wished to ave been nigeriens or even chadians..owk burkina faso,guinea....i am 9ja and i am proud of dat
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Cashio(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2013
Come o boy u wan finish my garii abi...if i break ur skull with this iron spoon u go knw say i no happi 4 dis 9ja wey i dey like dis.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Sweetlemon(f): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2013
Happy?
Naaaaa
That's not the word to use here.
HOPEFUL is more appropriate.
"God dey" is the motto of every Nigerian. So no matter how bad the economy is, no matter the situation of things, people will always have hope that God will work a miracle someday...... because they are too cowardly to demand for a better life.
In other words, Nigerians are too used to the status quo that they have mentally accepted it. Hence, since they believe they can't do anything about it, the only thing left for them to do is laugh over it.
That does not make us truly happy and content. A smile or laughter that does not come from the heart is not real.
You can see the evidence of the psychological effects of suffering and smiling on the streets, offices, markets, neighbours, etc. People waiting for the tiniest excuse to bring down fire and brimstone on anyone who mistakenly steps on their toes. Jungle justice, even on NairaLand! Check out some people here who cannot comment without hatred and jealousy oozing form every word? we take out our anger and bitterness on ourselves! EVERYDAY!
So abeg leave that thing.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by sultanemerald(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2013
if you know what i mean. das' all.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by bot101(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2013
I don't know about you oo but me I dey happy.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by vislabraye(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2013
Amaaskia: FACT! I'm a very happy person. grin *catwalks away, shaking ass* wink
Akwa Ibomites are very happy people.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by COOLDUN: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2013
99cent: scandinavian countries (denmark, iceland, norway,sweden, finland etc) populate that list because they have HIGH quality of life and least income disparity even by gender.
their governments are strong and very protective of its citizens.
students get paid to go to school!! men and women have generous materity and paternity leave etc. free child care and healthcare, u name it!

the people are CONTENT. content is the right word here. happiness is fleeting and without sadness there won't be happiness. so being happy has to mean that you were previously sad. happiness is a temporary high.
contentment is a better word and describes a serene state of mind.

What else would bring happiness more than these factors? don't be deceived by the happiness you see on the Nigerians faces.

When you come down in the Nigerian international airports and see the faces of the people , then you would know that Nigerians are not happy.

The only days Nigerians mostly Christians are happy are on Sundays at their churches when the men of God would be declaring their wealth on the air.

The other 90% percent Nigerians that are happy are Weed Smokers, Ganja smokers, who are always happy and rich after taking their jumbo size wrapped Weed,Ganja, then they would be in another Nigerian world in spirits. Every good thing would belong to them, they would be the most intelligent people on earth, all the good things would be theirs then. Even in their dark kpako houses in the slums they would be seeing light in the darkness, while mosquitoes noises would be their presidential orchestral band playing for their guests in their dark paradise.

Nigerians are not happy. If you are that doesn't mean that everyone is. Our happiness would be seen when it comes.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2013
I don't know if Nigerians are very happy people...

But i'am one happy person!

Happiness is my name, be it in riches and in poor.

Poverty is state of the mind....

Once I can eat and have somewhere to lay my head...am happy grin

Whether its a mud house o,
Eating just mushroom ...

I don't care

Man must wack!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by skynaija(m): 11:32am On Jul 02, 2013
Abeg na which standard/scale these yeye people dey take measure happiness?.
You can have everything and still be sad. Happiness is quite complex to explain jo.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Waspy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
ItsModella: Suffering and Smiling is a Nigerian thing. undecided
shocked
No make Fela hear o, he won't be happy with us o.
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Venchy: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ninapha: I can beat my chest and say it, Nigeria is the 'most' happiest ppl. Gbam! Ok consider these facts-

-in the face of Boko haram ppl still laugh!
- in d mist of ooooh NEPA again, we still laugh
in the midst of flood and erosion more laugh sef even when i fell inside gutter, pple were laughn at me!
Kidnap our president sef, we go laugh over it, na our way!
- dem jail us abroad we go wear wrapper laugh follow cotonue play come home.
Wit all the cashless policy, we dey jolly throw money for campaign and we dey laugh collect even if we dey condeme corruption.

On, on and on, so why dem no go give us our 1st position!!!
I can tell you that I've been in it and taste it all but there's another life outside Africa that will make you realise it's all suffering and smiling in Nigeria caused by our [size=15pt]GREEDY LEADERS[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Venchy: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
manmustwac: [size=24pt]IT IS RELIGION (WHICH IS THE SWEET OPIUM OF THE MASSES) THAT IS MAKING EVERYBODY HAPPY IN NIGERIA[/size]

[size=15pt]Making you and who happy or taken advantage of Vulnerable poor Nigerians looking for God's favour, I beg don't let us deviate from this important thread.[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by kemetic7(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don’t think Nigerians are happy people. A person is happiest when some basic needs are satisfied.

1.No electricity, and we call that a place a country of happy people. - We are deceiving ourselves.
2.Bad roads and we said we are happy people. - Suffering in silence.
3.Greedy politicians that we can’t do nothing about. – See the Egyptians.
4.Incompletes projects and no continuity on anything we do. – Happy seriously?
5.Everything must be left for God to take control. – We are so Gullible!
6.To build a house, here comes “omo onile”. I wish I can go after all those lazy bastards and nail them
7.Happy people say that they feel belongingness where they live and that they look forward to coming home when they have been away. – Fear grip Nigerians in Diaspora as soon as the plane touches down in Nigeria.

The beat goes on and on and on…… Let’s wake up or else our children will suffer.

“Happiness is not a life without problems, but rather the strength to overcome the problems that come our way. There is no such thing as a problem-free life; difficulties are unavoidable. But how we experience and react to our problems depends on us.”
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Ashmark(m): 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ashmark Olakunle's blog is a fast-growing E-News social media source that’s quickly taking over social media.We give Latest Gist,Complete News, Lifestyle & Fashion, Entertainment and Motivational Tips....Check Us out at www.ashmarkexclusive..com

Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by orgasticdance: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
The rate at which people queue to leave their countries for greener is the truest test in my opinion?
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by yame014: 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
kemetic7: I don’t think Nigerians are happy people. A person is happiest when some basic needs are satisfied.

1.No electricity, and we call that a place a country of happy people. - We are deceiving ourselves.
2.Bad roads and we said we are happy people. - Suffering in silence.
3.Greedy politicians that we can’t do nothing about. – See the Egyptians.
4.Incompletes projects and no continuity on anything we do. – Happy seriously?
5.Everything must be left for God to take control. – We are so Gullible!
6.To build a house, here comes “omo onile”. I wish I can go after all those lazy bastards and nail them
7.Happy people say that they feel belongingness where they live and that they look forward to coming home when they have been away. – Fear grip Nigerians in Diaspora as soon as the plane touches down in Nigeria.

The beat goes on and on and on…… Let’s wake up or else our children will suffer.

“Happiness is not a life without problems, but rather the strength to overcome the problems that come our way. There is no such thing as a problem-free life; difficulties are unavoidable. But how we experience and react to our problems depends on us.”
Nice one...the question asked is 'are nigerians happy people'... in this context, d question is not referring to individuals but Nigeria as a nation...happiness is a state of the mind, nobody will want to claim sadness...the question is-as a nation, are we happy people?
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
ItsModella: Suffering and Smiling is a Nigerian thing. undecided
Are you suffering?
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ninapha: I can beat my chest and say it, Nigeria is the 'most' happiest ppl. Gbam! Ok consider these facts-

-in the face of Boko haram ppl still laugh!
- in d mist of ooooh NEPA again, we still laugh
in the midst of flood and erosion more laugh sef even when i fell inside gutter, pple were laughn at me!
Kidnap our president sef, we go laugh over it, na our way!
- dem jail us abroad we go wear wrapper laugh follow cotonue play come home.
Wit all the cashless policy, we dey jolly throw money for campaign and we dey laugh collect even if we dey condeme corruption.

On, on and on, so why dem no go give us our 1st position!!!
laugh wan tear my six packs eh...hahaha
Re: Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact by AjanleKoko: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
Most of these comments are laughable.
People are waiting for roads, NEPA, etc. , before they can be happy. So your collective self-esteem is tied to infrastructure and development of the country? I wonder why half the country haven't killed themselves undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine / University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election. / Malaysian Navy Helicopters Collide In Mid-Air, Killing All 10 Crew Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.