Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,541 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI (7605 Views)

Osinbajo Decries Over-dependence On Oil / North's Over-dependence On Niger Delta Oil Disastrous. / Firs Boss Laments Nigeria's Over-dependence On Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
redcliff:

see as the weather for this picture bright. I shake my head in shame for Nigeria.

[size=15pt]
My brother i love Nigeria die but i am angry at the way my people are suffering and laughing. I will not lie to you ,i wish Nigeria could have half the infrastructure SA has.Can you just imagine that Soweto is a ghetto but they have all the basic amenities including the Biggest hospital in the world.Yes Guinness book of records confirmed Soweto a common ghetto has having one the most advanced and the biggest hospital in the world.
[/size]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/07/satellitenbild_bara2.png[/img]

[size=15pt]Foreign countries even send their medical students to come and do practicals in soweto:[/size]

[size=15pt]Here is the website of the hospital:

http://baragwanathtrauma.com/

Please note that their services are free even for foreigners. Nigerians get free treatment in all South African hospitals without paying a cent.

I also know 4 Nigerians who are employed as doctors in this hospital and making good income
[/size]
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
[size=15pt]I See Obadiah and his army has run away.Why did you stop the Soweto jokes? Pictures don't lie hey? grin

Now for all those who think that honest Nigerians are being lynched and attacked in South Africa.NA BIG LIE ! Let me show you how one Nigerian is living in South Africa.This Nigerian is not involved in any form of illegal activities.He is into mining and he has paid his dues to get to where he is today.He is a very good friend of mine.Please note that he took this pictures privately but i have his permission to post it here.I am not trying to show off but just trying to rest the myth that all Nigerians are living in fear or like paupers in South Africa:

[/size]

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
I DID NOT RUN AWAY DUDE. HAD TO CALL MY MAMA wink OK SO YOU POST PICS OF CARS ? WHAT IS THAT PROVING ?
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
obadiah777: I DID NOT RUN AWAY DUDE. HAD TO CALL MY MAMA wink OK SO YOU POST PICS OF CARS ? WHAT IS THAT PROVING ?

[size=15pt][b]Good,I hope she is okay? Just showing you that you should not believe everything the naysayers are saying about South Africa.If you have a clear cut plan and you work hard in South Africa ,you will live a reasonably decent life.Nobody is lynching anybody here.If you wake up in the morning and go to work or go to your shops to do honest business you will never be attacked. The Nigerians who usually get into trouble are the ones who are arrogant ,criminal minded and night owls.A responsible man who is married with children and who has to get to work the next morning will never go to clubs at 11 p.m in SA.Everybody in South Africa knows that travelling at night is dangerous but you will see many stubborn Nigerians going to clubs to party at night.When they get in to trouble they will start complaining even though they could have avoided such by staying at home with their family.There are also many Nigerian drug dealers who stand around street corners at night selling drugs.These Nigerians also expose themselves to police brutality and street gangs who rob them at gun point.What i am saying is that responsible Nigerians all over the world hardly ever get into trouble.Furthermore there are areas where saffers are hostile to Nigerians because of our notorious reputation in those areas.Nigerians know that these areas are not good for them but they still stay there because that is where they sell drugs.If you live in a quiet neighborhood where everybody minds their business and you do not "show" yourself,you will be fine.[/b][/size]
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
EmperorOlu:

[size=15pt][b]Good,I hope she is okay? Just showing you that you should not believe everything the naysayers are saying about South Africa.If you have a clear cut plan and you work hard in South Africa ,you will live a reasonably decent life.Nobody is lynching anybody here.If you wake up in the morning and go to work or go to your shops to do honest business you will never be attacked. The Nigerians who usually get into trouble are the ones who are arrogant ,criminal minded and night owls.A responsible man who is married with children and who has to get to work the next morning will never go to clubs at 11 p.m in SA.Everybody in South Africa knows that travelling at night is dangerous but you will see many stubborn Nigerians going to clubs to party at night.When they get in to trouble they will start complaining even though they could have avoided such by staying at home with their family.There are also many Nigerian drug dealers who stand around street corners at night selling drugs.These Nigerians also expose themselves to police brutality and street gangs who rob them at gun point.What i am saying is that responsible Nigerians all over the world hardly ever get into trouble.Furthermore there are areas where saffers are hostile to Nigerians because of our notorious reputation in those areas.Nigerians know that these areas are not good for them but they still stay there because that is where they sell drugs.If you live in a quiet neighborhood where everybody minds their business and you do not "show" yourself,you will be fine.[/b][/size]
OH YEAH SHE OK CHIEF. THANKS FOR INQUIRING. WELL THE BOTTOM-LINE HERE IS WE SHOULD ALL PRACTICE CONTENTMENT. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN NIGERIA WHO THINK THEY HAVE IT BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CONTENT. THE WAY I SEE IT, IF YOU HAVE A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, FOOD IN YOUR BELLY, CLOTHES ON YOUR BACK AND A NICE JOB-BUSINESS OR CAREER YOU ENJOY DOING ? THATS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER. HOWEVER NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST COVETOUS DEMONS IN THE WORLD. THATS THE PROBLEM IN THAT SOCIETY. FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM EVERYONE IS DREAMING OF HAMMERING AND OPPRESSING. OUT OF THIS CROP OF COVETOUS DEMONS IS WHERE THE LEADERS COME AND THAT WORSENS THE PROBLEM CUZ THE LEADER GOES IN AND STEALS ALL THE LOOT. AND THE COVETOUS PEONS ON THE BOTTOM HAVE TO ROB AND KIDNAP EACH OTHER TO GET THAT BENZ. OR SELL DRUGS. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING ? COVETOUSNESS. I GOTTA TELL YOU SIRE, YOUR PROFILE SPEAKS OF EXTREME COVETOUSNESS. NOW MAYBE YOU ARE BEING MIS-REPRESENTED BY YOUR PROFILE IN WHICH CASE I WOULD CHANGE IT IF I WERE YOU, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE REALLY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. THATS ALL LIFE MEANS TO YOU >>> MONEY. wink
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EMERITUS1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
na today, i was told that one of naija's bause of underdevelopment was dependence on oil in nursery, primary, secondary and in university. If i go for M.Sc I will hear the same thing
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
obadiah777: OH YEAH SHE OK CHIEF. THANKS FOR INQUIRING. WELL THE BOTTOM-LINE HERE IS WE SHOULD ALL PRACTICE CONTENTMENT. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN NIGERIA WHO THINK THEY HAVE IT BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CONTENT. THE WAY I SEE IT, IF YOU HAVE A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, FOOD IN YOUR BELLY, CLOTHES ON YOUR BACK AND A NICE JOB-BUSINESS OR CAREER YOU ENJOY DOING ? THATS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER. HOWEVER NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST COVETOUS DEMONS IN THE WORLD. THATS THE PROBLEM IN THAT SOCIETY. FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM EVERYONE IS DREAMING OF HAMMERING AND OPPRESSING. OUT OF THIS CROP OF COVETOUS DEMONS IS WHERE THE LEADERS COME AND THAT WORSENS THE PROBLEM CUZ THE LEADER GOES IN AND STEALS ALL THE LOOT. AND THE COVETOUS PEONS ON THE BOTTOM HAVE TO ROB AND KIDNAP EACH OTHER TO GET THAT BENZ. OR SELL DRUGS. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING ? COVETOUSNESS. I GOTTA TELL YOU SIRE, YOUR PROFILE SPEAKS OF EXTREME COVETOUSNESS. NOW MAYBE YOU ARE BEING MIS-REPRESENTED BY YOUR PROFILE IN WHICH CASE I WOULD CHANGE IT IF I WERE YOU, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE REALLY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. THATS ALL LIFE MEANS TO YOU >>> MONEY. wink

[size=15pt][b]To be honest i posted that picture on my profile a long time ago,i have not checked my profile for years.When i put it,i just wanted to spice my profile up and use a "coy" signature.I am not all about the money and contrary to what you may think i love Nigeria.The reason why i am angry with Nigeria is because i know that it can be better than the way it is.Unfortunately Nigerians themselves are destroying the country by not changing and learning from the mistakes of yesteryear. Someone said i should i offer solutions,how can i offer solutions when the people i am trying to advise have not admitted that they have a problem? The truth my brother is Nigeria is heading for a big disaster.

The reason why i say this is that our oil is not longer in major demand.The big Oil companies are selling off their Oil blocks and moving elsewhere.The Lagos state Government seems to be the only one who can see this disaster and is preparing for it.What about the rest of Nigeria? Millions will suffer if we do not speak up and let people know what is going on and advise them to prepare for the future.When fracking goes full scale, major buyers will stop buying our oil because fracking oil will be of a higher quality at a cheaper rate.Our federal revenue will drop drastically and there will be no money except money from agriculture left.In a situation where we have not prepared for this oil demand collapse our economy which is heavily dependent on oil revenue will collapse leading to unbelievable suffering like what was experienced in Zimbabwe a few years ago.This is why i am angry and venting here.I can choose to forget Nigeria and live blissfully in South Africa but my conscience will not allow me to do so.That is why i am venting.

When i say these things that sounds mean, i am hoping that Nigerians will reflect on what i have said and wake up to the realities of the country.We can not keep quiet and pretend like all is well.Oil has been discovered all over the continent even South Africa has discovered oil through fracking in the karoo. That is a big problem because south Africa has a home grown oil company (Sasol)which is staffed with home grown experienced professionals. Sasol also has quality infrastructure and equipment. This means they will drill and refine the oil themselves without foreign help thereby making even more money than Nigeria ever made up till now. Foreign buyers will prefer to buy oil from SA,Angola and DRC because the oil will be refined and they won't have to deal with militants like in Nigeria.[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by MostHigh: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
obadiah777: OH YEAH SHE OK CHIEF. THANKS FOR INQUIRING. WELL THE BOTTOM-LINE HERE IS WE SHOULD ALL PRACTICE CONTENTMENT. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN NIGERIA WHO THINK THEY HAVE IT BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CONTENT. THE WAY I SEE IT, IF YOU HAVE A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, FOOD IN YOUR BELLY, CLOTHES ON YOUR BACK AND A NICE JOB-BUSINESS OR CAREER YOU ENJOY DOING ? THATS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER. HOWEVER NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST COVETOUS DEMONS IN THE WORLD. THATS THE PROBLEM IN THAT SOCIETY. FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM EVERYONE IS DREAMING OF HAMMERING AND OPPRESSING. OUT OF THIS CROP OF COVETOUS DEMONS IS WHERE THE LEADERS COME AND THAT WORSENS THE PROBLEM CUZ THE LEADER GOES IN AND STEALS ALL THE LOOT. AND THE COVETOUS PEONS ON THE BOTTOM HAVE TO ROB AND KIDNAP EACH OTHER TO GET THAT BENZ. OR SELL DRUGS. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING ? COVETOUSNESS. I GOTTA TELL YOU SIRE, YOUR PROFILE SPEAKS OF EXTREME COVETOUSNESS. NOW MAYBE YOU ARE BEING MIS-REPRESENTED BY YOUR PROFILE IN WHICH CASE I WOULD CHANGE IT IF I WERE YOU, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE REALLY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. THATS ALL LIFE MEANS TO YOU >>> MONEY. wink

Spoken like a true Israelite.

A true blessing Knowing My Lord.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by redcliff: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
[size=14pt]can we get a makeup keez from obadiah and Emperor? in pics pls grin grin grin grin grin

case dismissed

[/size]
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/884379_thread_closed_gif73902cfe9ba3e72a5a24405ad108a10e[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
And the winner of that epic battle by way of knockout in the 6th round is.......drum roll please........EMPEROROLU!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by trolling(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
i loved this argument, Obadayah my HebrewIsraelite cousin and Olu thanks for the entertainment
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2013
[size=18pt] GBam!

There are some evidence indicating that the Saudis and US are deliberately keeping oil prices high and I believe that are doing this to allow US oil companies to sell off their oil blocks and collect their profits.

US are already preparing for the crisis that would occur in Nigeria when the oil prices is eventually allowed to crash, by preparing for occupation of Nigeria. US know that without oil money Nigeria could descend into civil war and may break-up and US want to protect their interest and influence the outcome of the crisis.

This oil price crash could happen as early as next year.

It is more important than ever that Nigerian youths immediately demand a government that would end the squandering of their inheritance and end corruption. A government that would start working for the prevention of the looming crisis.

God bless Nigeria

[/size]
EmperorOlu:

[size=15pt][b]To be honest i posted that picture on my profile a long time ago,i have not checked my profile for years.When i put it,i just wanted to spice my profile up and use a "coy" signature.I am not all about the money and contrary to what you may think i love Nigeria.The reason why i am angry with Nigeria is because i know that it can be better than the way it is.Unfortunately Nigerians themselves are destroying the country by not changing and learning from the mistakes of yesteryear. Someone said i should i offer solutions,how can i offer solutions when the people i am trying to advise have not admitted that they have a problem? The truth my brother is Nigeria is heading for a big disaster.

The reason why i say this is that our oil is not longer in major demand.The big Oil companies are selling off their Oil blocks and moving elsewhere.The Lagos state Government seems to be the only one who can see this disaster and is preparing for it.What about the rest of Nigeria? Millions will suffer if we do not speak up and let people know what is going on and advise them to prepare for the future.When fracking goes full scale, major buyers will stop buying our oil because fracking oil will be of a higher quality at a cheaper rate.Our federal revenue will drop drastically and there will be no money except money from agriculture left.In a situation where we have not prepared for this oil demand collapse our economy which is heavily dependent on oil revenue will collapse leading to unbelievable suffering like what was experienced in Zimbabwe a few years ago.This is why i am angry and venting here.I can choose to forget Nigeria and live blissfully in South Africa but my conscience will not allow me to do so.That is why i am venting.

When i say these things that sounds mean, i am hoping that Nigerians will reflect on what i have said and wake up to the realities of the country.We can not keep quiet and pretend like all is well.Oil has been discovered all over the continent even South Africa has discovered oil through fracking in the karoo. That is a big problem because south Africa has a home grown oil company (Sasol)which is staffed with home grown experienced professionals. Sasol also has quality infrastructure and equipment. This means they will drill and refine the oil themselves without foreign help thereby making even more money than Nigeria ever made up till now. Foreign buyers will prefer to buy oil from SA,Angola and DRC because the oil will be refined and they won't have to deal with militants like in Nigeria.[/b][/size]
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Valiantvaliant: i pity those studying petroleum engineering
pity them too. Thank God i am studying ICT(the next oil)
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by buJu234: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Oil prices going down is not the problem with Nigeria but the inability to develop the Nigerian economy.

can u jst imagine that Nigeria refines her own oil & sell products to herself and use them to build a big economy?

Natural gas plus turbines will solve Nigerian power problem over night... Nigeria has abundant of NGL; turbines can b easily built by either the Americans;Europeans or Asia engineering companies

Increase tariff or Stop importation (jst like wat the chinese did many yrs ago) plus increase manufacturing plus the massive population... Nigeria has the market; over 60% buying population

Abundant of Free fertile land mass plus favorable climates... Nigeria can over feed herself with food crops and cash crop even to export them...

So with all these things why is that Nigeria is not growing why why?

I believe the primary thing is not free money from oil; but ethnicity; religion and geopolitical greed.

IF THE PROJECT/THE PROJECT MEMBERS ARE NOT FROM THIS GEO-POLITICAL ZONE or ETHNIC GROUP or RELIGIOUS GROUP; THEN IT WILL NEVER WORK.....
this is the real problem of the sleeping giant called Nigeria
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by diarra94(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2013
EmperorOlu:

i totally get you points. you love nigeria but you hate the condition which nigeria is in. after travelling and seeing some very small countries with developed infrastructure and government i felt sorry and ashamed of nigeria. i just pray to see the day nigerians stand up and fight for change.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by collynzo2(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2013
diarra94: i totally get you points. you love nigeria but you hate the condition which nigeria is in. after travelling and seeing some very small countries with developed infrastructure and government i felt sorry and ashamed of nigeria. i just pray to see the day nigerians stand up and fight for change.
You don't do that by staying in another country and posting shît. The countries you went to were develpoed by their own people who stayed there and fought for it. You guys who stay outside and criticise should be ashamed of yourself. You talk about people who stayed in their country and develped it while Nigerians are always looking for the easy way out, which is to travel.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 25, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plan To Make Osinbajo President Will Fail - Arewa Youths Tell Yoruba Leaders / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Opening-up Eastern Ports To Decongest Lagos Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.